Subject: [Tigers] Mk II exhaust manifold

From: "Ron Fraser" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 7 Jul 2024 16:32:04 -0400

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

--===============6483297764589689957==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0011_01DAD08B.353EA360"
Content-Language: en-us

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0011_01DAD08B.353EA360
	boundary="----=_NextPart_001_0012_01DAD08B.353EA360"

------=_NextPart_001_0012_01DAD08B.353EA360
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Here is a picture of a MK II Rt exhaust manifold from Joe Chiappetta via
Bill Harris.

All the numbers are the same as the MK I manifold so Rootes only updated
their part number for the 289 engines.

If there are any differences between the Mk I and MK II manifolds, we would
need to see the MK II drawing - 1236160.

If anyone has an original MK II manifold with different markings, please
send a good picture.

This has been an interesting venture into the origins of Tiger parts.    All
it takes is curiosity and a desire to dig deeper.

We proceeded from BARCAST to DARCAST Foundry and the production of this
exhaust manifold in the UK.   There are still some unanswered questions
regarding this part but the main story is clear now.

Thanks to Bill Waite and all who contributed.

Ron Fraser

------=_NextPart_001_0012_01DAD08B.353EA360
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii"><meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 15 =
(filtered medium)"><!--[if !mso]><style>v\:* =
{behavior:url(#default#VML);}
o\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
w\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
.shape {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
</style><![endif]--><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:"Segoe UI";
	panose-1:2 11 5 2 4 2 4 2 2 3;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal-compose;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US =
link=3D"#0563C1" vlink=3D"#954F72"><div class=3DWordSection1><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'font-size:11.5pt;font-family:"Segoe =
UI",sans-serif;color:#141414;background:#FEFEFE'>Here is a picture of a =
MK II Rt exhaust manifold from Joe Chiappetta via Bill =
Harris.</span><span style=3D'font-size:11.5pt;font-family:"Segoe =
UI",sans-serif;color:#141414'><br><br></span><o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal style=3D'background:#FEFEFE'><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.5pt;font-family:"Segoe =
UI",sans-serif;color:#141414'><img width=3D755 height=3D340 =
style=3D'width:7.8645in;height:3.5416in' id=3D"Picture_x0020_2" =
src=3D"cid:[email-masked]"></span><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.5pt;font-family:"Segoe =
UI",sans-serif;color:#141414'><o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'font-size:11.5pt;font-family:"Segoe =
UI",sans-serif;color:#141414'><br><span style=3D'background:#FEFEFE'>All =
the numbers are the same as the MK I manifold so Rootes only updated =
their part number for the 289 engines.<o:p></o:p></span></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'font-size:11.5pt;font-family:"Segoe =
UI",sans-serif;color:#141414;background:#FEFEFE'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span>=
</p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.5pt;font-family:"Segoe =
UI",sans-serif;color:#141414;background:#FEFEFE'>If there are any =
differences between the Mk I and MK II manifolds, we would need to see =
the MK II drawing &#8211; 1236160.</span><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.5pt;font-family:"Segoe =
UI",sans-serif;color:#141414'><br><br><b><span =
style=3D'background:#FEFEFE'>If anyone has an original MK II manifold =
with different markings, please send a good picture.</span></b><span =
style=3D'background:#FEFEFE'><o:p></o:p></span></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'font-size:11.5pt;font-family:"Segoe =
UI",sans-serif;color:#141414;background:#FEFEFE'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span>=
</p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.5pt;font-family:"Segoe =
UI",sans-serif;color:#141414;background:#FEFEFE'>This has been an =
interesting venture into the origins of Tiger parts.&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; =
All it takes is curiosity and a desire to dig =
deeper.<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.5pt;font-family:"Segoe =
UI",sans-serif;color:#141414;background:#FEFEFE'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span>=
</p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.5pt;font-family:"Segoe =
UI",sans-serif;color:#141414;background:#FEFEFE'>We proceeded from =
BARCAST to DARCAST Foundry and the production of this exhaust manifold =
in the UK.&nbsp;&nbsp; There are still some unanswered questions =
regarding this part but the main story is clear =
now.<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.5pt;font-family:"Segoe =
UI",sans-serif;color:#141414;background:#FEFEFE'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span>=
</p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.5pt;font-family:"Segoe =
UI",sans-serif;color:#141414;background:#FEFEFE'>Thanks to Bill Waite =
and all who contributed.<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.5pt;font-family:"Segoe =
UI",sans-serif;color:#141414'><br><span style=3D'background:#FEFEFE'>Ron =
Fraser</span></span><o:p></o:p></p></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_001_0012_01DAD08B.353EA360--

------=_NextPart_000_0011_01DAD08B.353EA360
	name="image002.jpg"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-ID: <[email-masked]>

------=_NextPart_000_0011_01DAD08B.353EA360--

--===============6483297764589689957==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/tigers http://autox.team.net/archive

Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

--===============6483297764589689957==--