Subject: Re: [Tigers] Transmission paint color or bare metal??

From: Iron beast <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 May 2023 11:16:43 -0400

Clyde 
During restoration I found mine to still have remnants of blue which I believe to be original since there were also factory yellow paint markings on the casting. 

Paul 

> On May 30, 2023, at 10:05 PM, Clyde Mclaughlin <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> 
> What is the proper color for the trans in a mk1a
> _______________________________________________
> 
> [email-masked]
> 
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/tigers http://autox.team.net/archive
> 
> Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]
> 
> 

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/tigers http://autox.team.net/archive

Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

---

From: "Ron Fraser" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 May 2023 13:52:03 -0400

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

--===============1137342682624116896==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0003_01D993C7.162615F0"
Content-Language: en-us

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0003_01D993C7.162615F0
	charset="UTF-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

In general, I believe the transmission is painted the same color as the =
engine, which could be black or blue dependent on when the engine was =
assembled.   Everyone should carefully examine their transmission for =
traces of original color and note any markings.

The B19KC engine group could have black for the spring 1965 assembly =
time or blue for the Oct. 1965 assembly time.

=20

I=E2=80=99m not sure the early Borg Warner transmission were painted.

=20

Ron Fraser

=20

From: Tigers <[email-masked]> On Behalf Of Clyde =
Mclaughlin
Sent: Tuesday, May 30, 2023 8:37 PM
To: Tiger Talk List Tiger <[email-masked]>
Subject: [Tigers] Transmission paint color or bare metal??

=20

------=_NextPart_000_0003_01D993C7.162615F0
	charset="UTF-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; charset=3Dutf-8"><meta =
name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 15 (filtered =
medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
span.EmailStyle18
	{mso-style-type:personal-reply;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US =
link=3D"#0563C1" vlink=3D"#954F72"><div class=3DWordSection1><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>In general, I believe the transmission is painted the =
same color as the engine, which could be black or blue dependent on when =
the engine was assembled.=C2=A0=C2=A0 Everyone should carefully examine =
their transmission for traces of original color and note any =
markings.<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal> <o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>The B19KC engine group could have black for the spring =
1965 assembly time or blue for the Oct. 1965 assembly =
time.<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>I=E2=80=99m not sure the early Borg Warner =
transmission were painted.<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>Ron =
Fraser<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><b>From:</b> Tigers =
&lt;[email-masked]&gt; <b>On Behalf Of </b>Clyde =
Mclaughlin<br><b>Sent:</b> Tuesday, May 30, 2023 8:37 PM<br><b>To:</b> =
Tiger Talk List Tiger &lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br><b>Subject:</b> =
[Tigers] Transmission paint color or bare metal??<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><div><p class=3DMsoNormal>What is =
the proper color for the trans in a =
mk1a<o:p></o:p></p></div></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_0003_01D993C7.162615F0--

--===============1137342682624116896==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============1137342682624116896==--