Subject: Re: [Tigers] Throttle Linkage

From: Richard Bruner via Tigers <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2023 17:24:05 -0500

--===============7661338483504572693==

------=_20230410172405_53610
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

https://www.gtsparkplugs.com/sunbeam-tiger-throttle-linkage.html

On Mon, April 10, 2023 3:58 pm, Joe Brown wrote:
> I
started having some issues with my throttle and figured out that the
> linkage attached to the gas pedal was slipping. There is a bolt
that
> pinches the throttle cable lever onto the rod coming from
the pedal. I
> tightened it down as far as it would go and it
still slips. In the photo
> below the bolt is removed.
>
> I was looking at this linkage in my parts manual and it
doesn't show the
> welded on tab that mine has. See the red arrow
in the photo. Maybe a
> later edition of the manual shows this.
I'm not sure what that tab would
> be for. Any ideas?
>
> I think my only fix will be to try and attach the lever to the
welded tab
> so that it won't slip on the rod any more. Any and
all suggestions are
> welcome.
> Thanks,
> Joe Brown
_______________________________________________
[email-masked]
> Donate:
> Archive:
http://www.team.net/pipermail/tigers
http://autox.team.net/archive
> Unsubscribe:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

------=_20230410172405_53610
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

https://www.gtsparkplugs.com/sunbeam-tiger-throttle-linkage.html<br /><br
/><br />On Mon, April 10, 2023 3:58 pm, Joe Brown wrote:<br />&gt; I
started having some issues with my throttle and figured out that the<br
/>&gt; linkage attached to the gas pedal was slipping. There is a bolt
that<br />&gt; pinches the throttle cable lever onto the rod coming from
the pedal. I<br />&gt; tightened it down as far as it would go and it
still slips. In the photo<br />&gt; below the bolt is removed.<br
/>&gt;<br />&gt; I was looking at this linkage in my parts manual and it
doesn't show the<br />&gt; welded on tab that mine has. See the red arrow
in the photo. Maybe a<br />&gt; later edition of the manual shows this.
I'm not sure what that tab would<br />&gt; be for. Any ideas?<br />&gt;<br
/>&gt; I think my only fix will be to try and attach the lever to the
welded tab<br />&gt; so that it won't slip on the rod any more. Any and
all suggestions are<br />&gt; welcome.<br />&gt; <br
/>&gt;<br />&gt; Thanks,<br />&gt; Joe Brown<br />&gt;
_______________________________________________<br />&gt;<br />&gt;
[email-masked]<br />&gt;<br />&gt; Donate:
http://www.team.net/pipermail/tigers<br />&gt;
http://autox.team.net/archive<br />&gt;<br />&gt; Unsubscribe:<br />&gt;
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]<br
/>&gt;<br />&gt;<br />&gt;
------=_20230410172405_53610--

--===============7661338483504572693==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/tigers http://autox.team.net/archive

Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

--===============7661338483504572693==--

---

From: Joe Brown via Tigers <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2023 17:40:06 -0500

--===============3153704047026421144==

--0000000000003b42f205f9030f99
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Yeah, I already found that article and it's way more work than I want to
get into.  But thanks.

On Mon, Apr 10, 2023 at 5:24=E2=80=AFPM Richard Bruner <gammaman@mokancomm.=
net>
wrote:

> > I started having some issues with my throttle and figured out that the
> > linkage attached to the gas pedal was slipping. There is a bolt that
> > pinches the throttle cable lever onto the rod coming from the pedal. I
> > tightened it down as far as it would go and it still slips. In the phot=
o
> > I was looking at this linkage in my parts manual and it doesn't show th=
e
> > welded on tab that mine has. See the red arrow in the photo. Maybe a
> > later edition of the manual shows this. I'm not sure what that tab woul=
d
> > be for. Any ideas?
> >
> > I think my only fix will be to try and attach the lever to the welded t=
ab
> > so that it won't slip on the rod any more. Any and all suggestions are
> > welcome.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Joe Brown
> > Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html

--0000000000003b42f205f9030f99
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"ltr">Yeah, I already found that article and it&#39;s way more w=
ork than I want to get into.=C2=A0 But thanks.<div><br></div></div><br><div=
 class=3D"gmail_quote"><div dir=3D"ltr" class=3D"gmail_attr">On Mon, Apr 10=
, 2023 at 5:24=E2=80=AFPM Richard Bruner &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:gammaman@mok=
ancomm.net">[email-masked]</a>&gt; wrote:<br></div><blockquote clas=
s=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0px 0px 0px 0.8ex;border-left:1px solid r=
gb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex"><a href=3D"https://www.gtsparkplugs.com/s=
unbeam-tiger-throttle-linkage.html" target=3D"_blank">https://www.gtsparkpl=
ugs.com/sunbeam-tiger-throttle-linkage.html</a><br><br><br>On Mon, April 10=
, 2023 3:58 pm, Joe Brown wrote:<br>&gt; I
started having some issues with my throttle and figured out that the<br>&gt=
; linkage attached to the gas pedal was slipping. There is a bolt
that<br>&gt; pinches the throttle cable lever onto the rod coming from
the pedal. I<br>&gt; tightened it down as far as it would go and it
still slips. In the photo<br>&gt; below the bolt is removed.<br>&gt;<br>&gt=
; I was looking at this linkage in my parts manual and it
doesn&#39;t show the<br>&gt; welded on tab that mine has. See the red arrow
in the photo. Maybe a<br>&gt; later edition of the manual shows this.
I&#39;m not sure what that tab would<br>&gt; be for. Any ideas?<br>&gt;<br>=
&gt; I think my only fix will be to try and attach the lever to the
welded tab<br>&gt; so that it won&#39;t slip on the rod any more. Any and
all suggestions are<br>&gt; welcome.<br>&gt; <br>&gt;<br>=
&gt; Thanks,<br>&gt; Joe Brown<br>&gt;
_______________________________________________<br>&gt;<br>&gt;
<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" target=3D"_blank">[email-masked]=
m.net</a><br>&gt;<br>&gt; Donate:
<a href=3D"http://www.team.net/donate.html" target=3D"_blank">http://www.te=
am.net/donate.html</a><br>&gt; Archive:
<a href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/tigers" target=3D"_blank">http://w=
ww.team.net/pipermail/tigers</a><br>&gt;
<a href=3D"http://autox.team.net/archive" target=3D"_blank">http://autox.te=
am.net/archive</a><br>&gt;<br>&gt; Unsubscribe:<br>&gt;
<a href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/gammaman@mokancomm.=
net" target=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/gammama=
[email-masked]</a><br>&gt;<br>&gt;<br>&gt;</blockquote></div>

--0000000000003b42f205f9030f99--

--===============3153704047026421144==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============3153704047026421144==--

---

From: "Ron Fraser" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2023 19:25:02 -0400

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

--===============2274579395588813132==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0014_01D96BE2.27B7FB10"
Content-Language: en-us

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0014_01D96BE2.27B7FB10
	boundary="----=_NextPart_001_0015_01D96BE2.27B7FB10"

------=_NextPart_001_0015_01D96BE2.27B7FB10
	charset="UTF-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Joe

                The welded tab is new to me.   Possibly the previous =
owner was thinking like you =E2=80=93 attach linkage to the welded tab =
to stop slippage but never finished the job.

=20

The throttle is slipping due to wear on the shaft so you have 2 other =
chooses.

1                     try to increase the diameter of the shaft at the =
linkage

2                     take the linkage off the shaft and cut the slot =
bigger so the bolt will clamp it down harder.

=20

Ron Fraser

=20

=20

=20

From: Tigers <[email-masked]> On Behalf Of Joe Brown
Sent: Monday, April 10, 2023 4:59 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Tigers] Throttle Linkage

=20

I started having some issues with my throttle and figured out that the =
linkage attached to the gas pedal was slipping.  There is a bolt that =
pinches the throttle cable lever onto the rod coming from the pedal.  I =
tightened it down as far as it would go and it still slips.  In the =
photo below the bolt is removed. =20

=20

I was looking at this linkage in my parts manual and it doesn't show the =
welded on tab that mine has.  See the red arrow in the photo.  Maybe a =
later edition of the manual shows this.  I'm not sure what that tab =
would be for. Any ideas? =20

=20

I think my only fix will be to try and attach the lever to the welded =
tab so that it won't slip on the rod any more.  Any and all suggestions =
are welcome.

=20

Thanks,

Joe Brown

------=_NextPart_001_0015_01D96BE2.27B7FB10
	charset="UTF-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; charset=3Dutf-8"><meta =
name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 15 (filtered medium)"><!--[if =
!mso]><style>v\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
o\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
w\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
.shape {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
</style><![endif]--><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
p.MsoListParagraph, li.MsoListParagraph, div.MsoListParagraph
	{mso-style-priority:34;
	margin-top:0in;
	margin-right:0in;
	margin-bottom:0in;
	margin-left:.5in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
span.EmailStyle18
	{mso-style-type:personal-reply;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
/* List Definitions */
@list l0
	{mso-list-id:953514153;
	mso-list-type:hybrid;
	mso-list-template-ids:-719655786 -1336663658 67698713 67698715 67698703 =
67698713 67698715 67698703 67698713 67698715;}
@list l0:level1
	{mso-level-text:%1;
	mso-level-tab-stop:none;
	mso-level-number-position:left;
	margin-left:.75in;
	text-indent:-.5in;}
@list l0:level2
	{mso-level-number-format:alpha-lower;
	mso-level-tab-stop:none;
	mso-level-number-position:left;
	text-indent:-.25in;}
@list l0:level3
	{mso-level-number-format:roman-lower;
	mso-level-tab-stop:none;
	mso-level-number-position:right;
	text-indent:-9.0pt;}
@list l0:level4
	{mso-level-tab-stop:none;
	mso-level-number-position:left;
	text-indent:-.25in;}
@list l0:level5
	{mso-level-number-format:alpha-lower;
	mso-level-tab-stop:none;
	mso-level-number-position:left;
	text-indent:-.25in;}
@list l0:level6
	{mso-level-number-format:roman-lower;
	mso-level-tab-stop:none;
	mso-level-number-position:right;
	text-indent:-9.0pt;}
@list l0:level7
	{mso-level-tab-stop:none;
	mso-level-number-position:left;
	text-indent:-.25in;}
@list l0:level8
	{mso-level-number-format:alpha-lower;
	mso-level-tab-stop:none;
	mso-level-number-position:left;
	text-indent:-.25in;}
@list l0:level9
	{mso-level-number-format:roman-lower;
	mso-level-tab-stop:none;
	mso-level-number-position:right;
	text-indent:-9.0pt;}
ol
	{margin-bottom:0in;}
ul
	{margin-bottom:0in;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US =
link=3D"#0563C1" vlink=3D"#954F72"><div class=3DWordSection1><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Joe<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=
=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0 The welded tab is new to =
me.=C2=A0=C2=A0 Possibly the previous owner was thinking like you =
=E2=80=93 attach linkage to the welded tab to stop slippage but never =
finished the job.<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>The throttle =
is slipping due to wear on the shaft so you have 2 other =
chooses.<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoListParagraph =
style=3D'margin-left:.75in;text-indent:-.5in;mso-list:l0 level1 =
lfo1'><![if !supportLists]><span style=3D'mso-list:Ignore'>1<span =
style=3D'font:7.0pt "Times New =
Roman"'>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp=
;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; =
</span></span><![endif]>try to increase the diameter of the shaft at the =
linkage<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoListParagraph =
style=3D'margin-left:.75in;text-indent:-.5in;mso-list:l0 level1 =
lfo1'><![if !supportLists]><span style=3D'mso-list:Ignore'>2<span =
style=3D'font:7.0pt "Times New =
Roman"'>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp=
;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; =
</span></span><![endif]>take the linkage off the shaft and cut the slot =
bigger so the bolt will clamp it down harder.<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>Ron =
Fraser<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><b>From:</b> =
Tigers &lt;[email-masked]&gt; <b>On Behalf Of </b>Joe =
Brown<br><b>Sent:</b> Monday, April 10, 2023 4:59 PM<br><b>To:</b> =
[email-masked]<br><b>Subject:</b> [Tigers] Throttle =
Linkage<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>I started having some issues with my throttle and =
figured out that the linkage attached to the gas pedal was =
slipping.&nbsp; There is a bolt that pinches the throttle cable lever =
onto the rod coming from the pedal.&nbsp; I tightened it down as far as =
it would go and it still slips.&nbsp; In the photo below the bolt is =
removed.&nbsp;&nbsp;<o:p></o:p></p><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal>I =
was looking at this linkage in my parts manual and it doesn't show the =
welded on tab that mine has.&nbsp; See the red arrow in the photo.&nbsp; =
Maybe a later edition of the manual shows this.&nbsp; I'm not sure what =
that tab would be for. Any =
ideas?&nbsp;&nbsp;<o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal>I =
think my only fix will be to try and attach the lever to the welded tab =
so that it won't slip on the rod any more.&nbsp; Any and all suggestions =
are welcome.<o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><img =
width=3D358 height=3D480 style=3D'width:3.7291in;height:5.0in' =
id=3D"_x0000_i1025" src=3D"cid:[email-masked]" =
alt=3Dimage.png><o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Thanks,<o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Joe =
Brown<o:p></o:p></p></div></div></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_001_0015_01D96BE2.27B7FB10--

------=_NextPart_000_0014_01D96BE2.27B7FB10
	name="image002.png"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-ID: <[email-masked]>

------=_NextPart_000_0014_01D96BE2.27B7FB10--

--===============2274579395588813132==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============2274579395588813132==--