Subject: [Tigers] Pilot who owned a Tiger and Ferrari in Woodland Hills in 80s

From: Jay <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2022 09:37:45 -0700

--===============0372778336202146460==
	boundary="Apple-Mail=_98195523-1496-4AF0-8C14-FAD794F375C3"

--Apple-Mail=_98195523-1496-4AF0-8C14-FAD794F375C3
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
	charset=utf-8

Anyone here an airline pilot who owned a Tiger and then a Ferrari, and =
lived in Woodland Hills in the 1980s?  Or anyone know who that might =
have been?

I was just recalling that I purchased a Dynoplastic hardtop from you/him =
then.  At the time, he had sold his Tiger and bought a Ferrari, and =
still had the hardtop.  I bought it for a whopping $75.

It=E2=80=99s funny, it didn't have the rear quarter windows. The front =
and rear clips were basically L brackets with J bolts in them. Years =
later, when I had money and restored my Alpine, I bought a decent =
factory steel hardtop and restored it to match perfectly, all new =
rubber, all new windows and all correct brackets. I finally ditched that =
silly $75 top.

Then I came to realize how great that Dynoplastic one was. Glass rear =
window and sooooo light. Easy to put on and off by myself. Easy to hang =
up on the wall. Quick to put on and off if the need arose.

And now instead I have a supremely heavy hardtop with plastic rear =
window, that I can still put on and off myself - but with quite a heft =
to get it up and off. In fact, I think I've done it only once or twice =
since restoring it. Of course that's mostly because I greatly prefer top =
down driving and don't drive it in the rain. =20

Sometimes they say the simpler life is the better life.  So maybe the =
simpler hardtop is the better hardtop.=20

--Apple-Mail=_98195523-1496-4AF0-8C14-FAD794F375C3
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
	charset=utf-8

<html><head><meta http-equiv=3D"Content-Type" content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dutf-8"></head><body style=3D"word-wrap: break-word; =
-webkit-nbsp-mode: space; line-break: after-white-space;" class=3D""><div =
class=3D"">Anyone here an airline pilot who owned a Tiger and then a =
Ferrari, and lived in Woodland Hills in the 1980s? &nbsp;Or anyone know =
who that might have been?</div><div class=3D""><br class=3D""></div><div =
class=3D"">I was just recalling that I purchased a Dynoplastic hardtop =
from you/him then. &nbsp;At the time, he had sold his Tiger and bought a =
Ferrari, and still had the hardtop. &nbsp;I bought it for a whopping =
$75.</div><div class=3D""><br class=3D""></div><div class=3D"">It=E2=80=99=
s funny, i<span style=3D"caret-color: rgb(20, 20, 20); color: rgb(20, =
20, 20); background-color: rgb(252, 252, 255);" class=3D"">t didn't have =
the rear quarter windows. The front and rear clips were basically L =
brackets with J bolts in them. Years later, when I had money and =
restored my Alpine, I bought a decent factory steel hardtop and restored =
it to match perfectly, all new rubber, all new windows and all correct =
brackets. I finally ditched that silly $75 top.</span></div><div =
class=3D""><br style=3D"caret-color: rgb(20, 20, 20); color: rgb(20, 20, =
20);" class=3D""><span style=3D"caret-color: rgb(20, 20, 20); color: =
rgb(20, 20, 20); background-color: rgb(252, 252, 255);" class=3D"">Then =
I came to realize how great that Dynoplastic one was. Glass rear window =
and sooooo light. Easy to put on and off by myself. Easy to hang up on =
the wall. Quick to put on and off if the need arose.</span><br =
style=3D"caret-color: rgb(20, 20, 20); color: rgb(20, 20, 20);" =
class=3D""><br style=3D"caret-color: rgb(20, 20, 20); color: rgb(20, 20, =
20);" class=3D""><span style=3D"caret-color: rgb(20, 20, 20); color: =
rgb(20, 20, 20); background-color: rgb(252, 252, 255);" class=3D"">And =
now instead I have a supremely heavy hardtop with plastic rear window, =
that I can still put on and off myself - but with quite a heft to get it =
up and off. In fact, I think I've done it only once or twice since =
restoring it. Of course that's mostly because I greatly prefer top down =
driving and don't drive it in the rain.&nbsp;&nbsp;</span></div><div =
class=3D""><span style=3D"caret-color: rgb(20, 20, 20); color: rgb(20, =
20, 20); background-color: rgb(252, 252, 255);" class=3D""><br =
class=3D""></span></div><div class=3D""><span style=3D"background-color: =
rgb(252, 252, 255);" class=3D""><font color=3D"#141414" =
class=3D"">Sometimes&nbsp;they say the simpler life is the better life. =
&nbsp;So maybe the&nbsp;simpler hardtop is the better =
hardtop.&nbsp;</font></span></div><div class=3D""><br =
class=3D""></div></body></html>=

--Apple-Mail=_98195523-1496-4AF0-8C14-FAD794F375C3--

--===============0372778336202146460==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/tigers http://autox.team.net/archive

Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

--===============0372778336202146460==--