Subject: Re: [Tigers] Pilot who owned a Tiger and Ferrari in Woodland Hills in 80s

From: twotigers--- via Tigers <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2022 14:36:49 -0700 boundary="----=_NextPart_000_001E_01D8870E.ADB1EB40"

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_001E_01D8870E.ADB1EB40
	boundary="----=_NextPart_001_001F_01D8870E.ADB21250"

------=_NextPart_001_001F_01D8870E.ADB21250
	charset="UTF-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Jay,

=20

That was a great looking top. I believe I had the same top on my first =
Tiger but it was labeled Coachman. Bought it in the early 70=E2=80=99s. =
Dare I say, I actually liked the look of it slightly more than the =
factory hardtop! I don=E2=80=99t know about you airline pilot, but I =
bought my Tiger in Sun Valley in 1970.

=20

Kirk

=20

From: Tigers <[email-masked]> On Behalf Of Jay
Sent: Thursday, June 23, 2022 9:38 AM
To: Tiger List List <[email-masked]>
Subject: [Tigers] Pilot who owned a Tiger and Ferrari in Woodland Hills =
in 80s

=20

Anyone here an airline pilot who owned a Tiger and then a Ferrari, and =
lived in Woodland Hills in the 1980s?  Or anyone know who that might =
have been?

=20

I was just recalling that I purchased a Dynoplastic hardtop from you/him =
then.  At the time, he had sold his Tiger and bought a Ferrari, and =
still had the hardtop.  I bought it for a whopping $75.

=20

It=E2=80=99s funny, it didn't have the rear quarter windows. The front =
and rear clips were basically L brackets with J bolts in them. Years =
later, when I had money and restored my Alpine, I bought a decent =
factory steel hardtop and restored it to match perfectly, all new =
rubber, all new windows and all correct brackets. I finally ditched that =
silly $75 top.

Then I came to realize how great that Dynoplastic one was. Glass rear =
window and sooooo light. Easy to put on and off by myself. Easy to hang =
up on the wall. Quick to put on and off if the need arose.

And now instead I have a supremely heavy hardtop with plastic rear =
window, that I can still put on and off myself - but with quite a heft =
to get it up and off. In fact, I think I've done it only once or twice =
since restoring it. Of course that's mostly because I greatly prefer top =
down driving and don't drive it in the rain. =20

Sometimes they say the simpler life is the better life.  So maybe the =
simpler hardtop is the better hardtop.=20

=20

------=_NextPart_001_001F_01D8870E.ADB21250
	charset="UTF-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; charset=3Dutf-8"><meta =
name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 15 (filtered =
medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
span.EmailStyle18
	{mso-style-type:personal-reply;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-size:10.0pt;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US =
link=3D"#0563C1" vlink=3D"#954F72" style=3D'word-wrap:break-word'><div =
class=3DWordSection1><p class=3DMsoNormal>Jay,<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>That was a =
great looking top. I believe I had the same top on my first Tiger but it =
was labeled Coachman. Bought it in the early 70=E2=80=99s. Dare I say, I =
actually liked the look of it slightly more than the factory hardtop! I =
don=E2=80=99t know about you airline pilot, but I bought my Tiger in Sun =
Valley in 1970.<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Kirk<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><div><div =
style=3D'border:none;border-top:solid #E1E1E1 1.0pt;padding:3.0pt 0in =
0in 0in'><p class=3DMsoNormal><b>From:</b> Tigers =
&lt;[email-masked]&gt; <b>On Behalf Of =
</b>Jay<br><b>Sent:</b> Thursday, June 23, 2022 9:38 AM<br><b>To:</b> =
Tiger List List &lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br><b>Subject:</b> =
[Tigers] Pilot who owned a Tiger and Ferrari in Woodland Hills in =
80s<o:p></o:p></p></div></div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><div><p class=3DMsoNormal>Anyone =
here an airline pilot who owned a Tiger and then a Ferrari, and lived in =
Woodland Hills in the 1980s? &nbsp;Or anyone know who that might have =
been?<o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal>I =
was just recalling that I purchased a Dynoplastic hardtop from you/him =
then. &nbsp;At the time, he had sold his Tiger and bought a Ferrari, and =
still had the hardtop. &nbsp;I bought it for a whopping =
$75.<o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>It=E2=80=99s funny, i<span =
style=3D'color:#141414;background:#FCFCFF'>t didn't have the rear =
quarter windows. The front and rear clips were basically L brackets with =
J bolts in them. Years later, when I had money and restored my Alpine, I =
bought a decent factory steel hardtop and restored it to match =
perfectly, all new rubber, all new windows and all correct brackets. I =
finally ditched that silly $75 top.</span><o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'color:#141414'><br><span =
style=3D'background:#FCFCFF'>Then I came to realize how great that =
Dynoplastic one was. Glass rear window and sooooo light. Easy to put on =
and off by myself. Easy to hang up on the wall. Quick to put on and off =
if the need arose.</span><br><br><span style=3D'background:#FCFCFF'>And =
now instead I have a supremely heavy hardtop with plastic rear window, =
that I can still put on and off myself - but with quite a heft to get it =
up and off. In fact, I think I've done it only once or twice since =
restoring it. Of course that's mostly because I greatly prefer top down =
driving and don't drive it in the =
rain.&nbsp;&nbsp;</span></span><o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'color:#141414;background:#FCFCFF'><br><br></span><o:p></o:p></p>=
</div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'color:#141414;background:#FCFCFF'>Sometimes&nbsp;they say the =
simpler life is the better life. &nbsp;So maybe the&nbsp;simpler hardtop =
is the better hardtop.&nbsp;</span><o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p></div></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_001_001F_01D8870E.ADB21250--

------=_NextPart_000_001E_01D8870E.ADB1EB40
	name="Tiger #1 side view sharpened darkened corrected cropped.jpg"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-Disposition: attachment;
	filename="Tiger #1 side view sharpened darkened corrected cropped.jpg"

------=_NextPart_000_001E_01D8870E.ADB1EB40
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/tigers http://autox.team.net/archive

Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

------=_NextPart_000_001E_01D8870E.ADB1EB40--

---

From: David Sosna <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2022 15:18:18 -0700

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--===============2776494585040432312==
 boundary="------------6Dt6IpM4uL8CsKTQ1pbhmRxG"
Content-Language: en-GB

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------6Dt6IpM4uL8CsKTQ1pbhmRxG
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

Love the side pipes--that had to be before parking lot speed bumps. 😁

Best Regards

David Sosna

On 6/23/22 14:36, twotigers--- via Tigers wrote:
>
> Jay,
>
> That was a great looking top. I believe I had the same top on my first 
> Tiger but it was labeled Coachman. Bought it in the early 70’s. Dare I 
> say, I actually liked the look of it slightly more than the factory 
> hardtop! I don’t know about you airline pilot, but I bought my Tiger 
> in Sun Valley in 1970.
>
> Kirk
>
> *From:* Tigers <[email-masked]> *On Behalf Of *Jay
> *Sent:* Thursday, June 23, 2022 9:38 AM
> *To:* Tiger List List <[email-masked]>
> *Subject:* [Tigers] Pilot who owned a Tiger and Ferrari in Woodland 
> Hills in 80s
>
> Anyone here an airline pilot who owned a Tiger and then a Ferrari, and 
> lived in Woodland Hills in the 1980s?  Or anyone know who that might 
> have been?
>
> I was just recalling that I purchased a Dynoplastic hardtop from 
> you/him then.  At the time, he had sold his Tiger and bought a 
> Ferrari, and still had the hardtop.  I bought it for a whopping $75.
>
> It’s funny, it didn't have the rear quarter windows. The front and 
> rear clips were basically L brackets with J bolts in them. Years 
> later, when I had money and restored my Alpine, I bought a decent 
> factory steel hardtop and restored it to match perfectly, all new 
> rubber, all new windows and all correct brackets. I finally ditched 
> that silly $75 top.
>
>
> Then I came to realize how great that Dynoplastic one was. Glass rear 
> window and sooooo light. Easy to put on and off by myself. Easy to 
> hang up on the wall. Quick to put on and off if the need arose.
>
> And now instead I have a supremely heavy hardtop with plastic rear 
> window, that I can still put on and off myself - but with quite a heft 
> to get it up and off. In fact, I think I've done it only once or twice 
> since restoring it. Of course that's mostly because I greatly prefer 
> top down driving and don't drive it in the rain.
>
>
>
> Sometimes they say the simpler life is the better life.  So maybe 
> the simpler hardtop is the better hardtop.
>
>
> Donate:http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Archive:http://www.team.net/pipermail/tigers  http://autox.team.net/archive
>
> Unsubscribe:http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]
>
>
--------------6Dt6IpM4uL8CsKTQ1pbhmRxG
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

<html>
  <head>
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
  </head>
  <body>
    <p>Love the side pipes--that had to be before parking lot speed
      bumps. 😁</p>
    <p>Best Regards</p>
    <p>David Sosna<br>
    </p>
    <p><br>
    </p>
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix">On 6/23/22 14:36, twotigers--- via
      Tigers wrote:<br>
    </div>
    <blockquote type="cite"
      cite="mid:[email-masked]">
      <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
      <meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 15 (filtered
        medium)">
      <style>@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}span.EmailStyle18
	{mso-style-type:personal-reply;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	color:windowtext;}.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-size:10.0pt;}div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}</style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext="edit" spidmax="1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext="edit">
<o:idmap v:ext="edit" data="1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]-->
      <div class="WordSection1">
        <p class="MsoNormal">Jay,<o:p></o:p></p>
        <p class="MsoNormal"><o:p> </o:p></p>
        <p class="MsoNormal">That was a great looking top. I believe I
          had the same top on my first Tiger but it was labeled
          Coachman. Bought it in the early 70’s. Dare I say, I actually
          liked the look of it slightly more than the factory hardtop! I
          don’t know about you airline pilot, but I bought my Tiger in
          Sun Valley in 1970.<o:p></o:p></p>
        <p class="MsoNormal"><o:p> </o:p></p>
        <p class="MsoNormal">Kirk<o:p></o:p></p>
        <p class="MsoNormal"><o:p> </o:p></p>
        <div>
          <div style="border:none;border-top:solid #E1E1E1
            1.0pt;padding:3.0pt 0in 0in 0in">
            <p class="MsoNormal"><b>From:</b> Tigers
              <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:[email-masked]">&lt;[email-masked]&gt;</a> <b>On Behalf Of </b>Jay<br>
              <b>Sent:</b> Thursday, June 23, 2022 9:38 AM<br>
              <b>To:</b> Tiger List List <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:[email-masked]">&lt;[email-masked]&gt;</a><br>
              <b>Subject:</b> [Tigers] Pilot who owned a Tiger and
              Ferrari in Woodland Hills in 80s<o:p></o:p></p>
          </div>
        </div>
        <p class="MsoNormal"><o:p> </o:p></p>
        <div>
          <p class="MsoNormal">Anyone here an airline pilot who owned a
            Tiger and then a Ferrari, and lived in Woodland Hills in the
            1980s?  Or anyone know who that might have been?<o:p></o:p></p>
        </div>
        <div>
          <p class="MsoNormal"><o:p> </o:p></p>
        </div>
        <div>
          <p class="MsoNormal">I was just recalling that I purchased a
            Dynoplastic hardtop from you/him then.  At the time, he had
            sold his Tiger and bought a Ferrari, and still had the
            hardtop.  I bought it for a whopping $75.<o:p></o:p></p>
        </div>
        <div>
          <p class="MsoNormal"><o:p> </o:p></p>
        </div>
        <div>
          <p class="MsoNormal">It’s funny, i<span
              style="color:#141414;background:#FCFCFF">t didn't have the
              rear quarter windows. The front and rear clips were
              basically L brackets with J bolts in them. Years later,
              when I had money and restored my Alpine, I bought a decent
              factory steel hardtop and restored it to match perfectly,
              all new rubber, all new windows and all correct brackets.
              I finally ditched that silly $75 top.</span><o:p></o:p></p>
        </div>
        <div>
          <p class="MsoNormal"><span style="color:#141414"><br>
              <span style="background:#FCFCFF">Then I came to realize
                how great that Dynoplastic one was. Glass rear window
                and sooooo light. Easy to put on and off by myself. Easy
                to hang up on the wall. Quick to put on and off if the
                need arose.</span><br>
              <br>
              <span style="background:#FCFCFF">And now instead I have a
                supremely heavy hardtop with plastic rear window, that I
                can still put on and off myself - but with quite a heft
                to get it up and off. In fact, I think I've done it only
                once or twice since restoring it. Of course that's
                mostly because I greatly prefer top down driving and
                don't drive it in the rain.  </span></span><o:p></o:p></p>
        </div>
        <div>
          <p class="MsoNormal"><span
              style="color:#141414;background:#FCFCFF"><br>
              <br>
            </span><o:p></o:p></p>
        </div>
        <div>
          <p class="MsoNormal"><span
              style="color:#141414;background:#FCFCFF">Sometimes they
              say the simpler life is the better life.  So maybe
              the simpler hardtop is the better hardtop. </span><o:p></o:p></p>
        </div>
        <div>
          <p class="MsoNormal"><o:p> </o:p></p>
        </div>
      </div>
      <br>
      <fieldset class="moz-mime-attachment-header"></fieldset>
      <pre class="moz-quote-pre" wrap="">_______________________________________________

<a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>

Archive: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.team.net/pipermail/tigers">http://www.team.net/pipermail/tigers</a> <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://autox.team.net/archive">http://autox.team.net/archive</a>

Unsubscribe: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]</a>

</pre>
    </blockquote>
  </body>
</html>

--------------6Dt6IpM4uL8CsKTQ1pbhmRxG--

--===============2776494585040432312==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============2776494585040432312==--