Subject: [Tigers] Reproduction Gas Cap Lid

From: jimdamelio via Tigers <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2021 13:23:32 -0500

--===============5274663548635531154==

----_com.samsung.android.email_15651743737443890
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

SSBwdXJjaGFzZWQgYSByZXBybyBnYXMgY2FwIGxpZCBmcm9tIFRpZ2VyIFRvbSB5ZWFycyBhZ28u
wqAgSSdtIHN1cmUgaXQncyB0aGUgc2FtZSBvbmUgUmljayBzZWxscy7CoCBJIHdhcyB3b25kZXJp
bmcgaWYgdGhlcmUgYXJlIGFueSBpbnN0cnVjdGlvbnMgb24gYXR0YWNoaW5nIHRoaXMgdG8gdGhl
IGJhc2UuwqAgQ2FuIHlvdSB0aHJlYWQgdGhlIGxpZCBib3NzZXMgdG8gZXhjZXB0IHNjcmV3cyBm
b3IgdGhlIGNlbnRlciBzZWN0aW9uIGFuZCBzcHJpbmc/IERvIHRoZSBwaW5zIHB1c2ggb3V0IG9y
IGRvIHRoZXkgaGF2ZSB0byBiZSBkcmlsbGVkPyBEb24ndCB3YW50IHRvIG1lc3MgdGhpcyB1cC5K
aW0gRFNlbnQgZnJvbSBteSBHYWxheHk=

----_com.samsung.android.email_15651743737443890
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

----_com.samsung.android.email_15651743737443890--

--===============5274663548635531154==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/tigers http://autox.team.net/archive

Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

--===============5274663548635531154==--

---

From: bob hermitagewood.com <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2021 19:01:05 +0000

--===============2530651511257948292==
Content-Language: en-US
	boundary="_000_DM5PR20MB157880159DD1CC04E4E12503A5799DM5PR20MB1578namp_"

--_000_DM5PR20MB157880159DD1CC04E4E12503A5799DM5PR20MB1578namp_
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Jim,

I installed a new gas cap cover and push button from sunbeam specialties la=
st year, so my experience may or may not match yours.   Rather than use my =
original gas cap, I found another one and disassembled it for the mounting =
flange.  I was glad I did, because the new one required some fiddling to ge=
t it to latch, and doesn't just flip-and-latch as the original one did.

If memory serves, I pressed out the pins using smaller pins and some c-clam=
ps.   Be careful not to lose the small spring behind the push button.  I dr=
illed the rivets that held the cover to the spring loaded cap, then mounted=
 the cap with small metal screws.  The hook on the push button was not quit=
e the same shape as the original, and required some filing to get it to lat=
ch.  With the entire thing assembled, I trial fitted it to the car and foun=
d that flipped open it would just touch the paint on the hinge side when op=
ened fully.   I added some extra gasket material underneath when mounting i=
t to the body, and that was solved.

It looks great, the only downside is that it requires closing by hand, and =
can't be casually flipped into place.

--Bob

Message: 2
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2021 13:23:32 -0500
From: jimdamelio <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Tigers] Reproduction Gas Cap Lid

I purchased a repro gas cap lid from Tiger Tom years ago.? I'm sure it's th=
e same one Rick sells.? I was wondering if there are any instructions on at=
taching this to the base.? Can you thread the lid bosses to except screws f=
or the center section and spring? Do the pins push out or do they have to b=
e drilled? Don't want to mess this up.Jim DSent from my Galaxy
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://autox.team.net/pipermail/tigers/attachments/20211218/29baae66/=
attachment.htm>

--_000_DM5PR20MB157880159DD1CC04E4E12503A5799DM5PR20MB1578namp_
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html>
<head>
<meta http-equiv=3D"Content-Type" content=3D"text/html; charset=3Diso-8859-=
1">
<style type=3D"text/css" style=3D"display:none;"> P {margin-top:0;margin-bo=
ttom:0;} </style>
</head>
<body dir=3D"ltr">
<div style=3D"font-family: Calibri, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size=
: 12pt; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">
Jim,
<div><br>
</div>
<div>I installed a new gas cap cover and push button from sunbeam specialti=
es last year, so my experience may or may not match yours. &nbsp; Rather th=
an use my original gas cap, I found another one and disassembled it for the=
 mounting flange. &nbsp;I was glad I did,
 because the new one required some fiddling to get it to latch, and doesn't=
 just flip-and-latch as the original one did.</div>
<div><br>
</div>
<div>If memory serves, I pressed out the pins using smaller pins and some c=
-clamps. &nbsp; Be careful not to lose the small spring behind the push but=
ton. &nbsp;I drilled the rivets that held the cover to the spring loaded ca=
p, then mounted the cap with small metal screws.
 &nbsp;The hook on the push button was not quite the same shape as the orig=
inal, and required some filing to get it to latch. &nbsp;With the entire th=
ing assembled, I trial fitted it to the car and found that flipped open it =
would just touch the paint on the hinge side
 when opened fully. &nbsp; I added some extra gasket material underneath wh=
en mounting it to the body, and that was solved.</div>
<div><br>
</div>
<div>It looks great, the only downside is that it requires closing by hand,=
 and can't be casually flipped into place.</div>
<div><br>
</div>
--Bob</div>
<div style=3D"font-family: Calibri, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size=
: 12pt; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">
<br>
</div>
<div><br>
<div class=3D"BodyFragment"><font size=3D"2"><span style=3D"font-size:11pt"=
<div class=3D"PlainText">Message: 2<br>
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2021 13:23:32 -0500<br>
From: jimdamelio &lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br>
To: [email-masked]<br>
Subject: [Tigers] Reproduction Gas Cap Lid<br>
<br>
I purchased a repro gas cap lid from Tiger Tom years ago.? I'm sure it's th=
e same one Rick sells.? I was wondering if there are any instructions on at=
taching this to the base.? Can you thread the lid bosses to except screws f=
or the center section and spring?
 Do the pins push out or do they have to be drilled? Don't want to mess thi=
s up.Jim DSent from my Galaxy<br>
-------------- next part --------------<br>
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...<br>
URL: &lt;<a href=3D"http://autox.team.net/pipermail/tigers/attachments/2021=
1218/29baae66/attachment.htm">http://autox.team.net/pipermail/tigers/attach=
ments/20211218/29baae66/attachment.htm</a>&gt;<br>
<br>
<br>
</div>
</span></font></div>
</div>
</body>
</html>

--_000_DM5PR20MB157880159DD1CC04E4E12503A5799DM5PR20MB1578namp_--

--===============2530651511257948292==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============2530651511257948292==--

---

From: "Ron Fraser" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2021 14:05:20 -0500 boundary="----=_NextPart_000_001B_01D7F418.4B81CFF0"

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_001B_01D7F418.4B81CFF0
	boundary="----=_NextPart_001_001C_01D7F418.4B81CFF0"

------=_NextPart_001_001C_01D7F418.4B81CFF0
	charset="UTF-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Jim

The quick answer is YES.

I do not remember all the details, I did this too long ago.

You should contact Tiger Tom or Rick to see if there are instructions.

=20

Ron Fraser

=20

=20

From: Tigers <[email-masked]> On Behalf Of jimdamelio via =
Tigers
Sent: Saturday, December 18, 2021 1:24 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Tigers] Reproduction Gas Cap Lid

=20

I purchased a repro gas cap lid from Tiger Tom years ago.  I'm sure it's =
the same one Rick sells.  I was wondering if there are any instructions =
on attaching this to the base.  Can you thread the lid bosses to except =
screws for the center section and spring? Do the pins push out or do =
they have to be drilled? Don't want to mess this up.

=20

Jim D

=20

=20

=20

Sent from my Galaxy

=20

------=_NextPart_001_001C_01D7F418.4B81CFF0
	charset="UTF-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; charset=3Dutf-8"><meta =
name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 15 (filtered =
medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
span.EmailStyle18
	{mso-style-type:personal-reply;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-size:10.0pt;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US =
link=3D"#0563C1" vlink=3D"#954F72"><div class=3DWordSection1><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Jim<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>The quick =
answer is YES.<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>I do not remember all =
the details, I did this too long ago.<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>You should contact Tiger Tom or Rick to see if there =
are instructions.<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>Ron =
Fraser<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><div><div =
style=3D'border:none;border-top:solid #E1E1E1 1.0pt;padding:3.0pt 0in =
0in 0in'><p class=3DMsoNormal><b>From:</b> Tigers =
&lt;[email-masked]&gt; <b>On Behalf Of </b>jimdamelio via =
Tigers<br><b>Sent:</b> Saturday, December 18, 2021 1:24 PM<br><b>To:</b> =
[email-masked]<br><b>Subject:</b> [Tigers] Reproduction Gas Cap =
Lid<o:p></o:p></p></div></div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><div><p class=3DMsoNormal>I =
purchased a repro gas cap lid from Tiger Tom years ago.&nbsp; I'm sure =
it's the same one Rick sells.&nbsp; I was wondering if there are any =
instructions on attaching this to the base.&nbsp; Can you thread the lid =
bosses to except screws for the center section and spring? Do the pins =
push out or do they have to be drilled? Don't want to mess this =
up.<o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Jim D<o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p></div><div =
id=3D"composer_signature"><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:9.5pt;color:#575757'>Sent from my =
Galaxy<o:p></o:p></span></p></div></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p></div></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_001_001C_01D7F418.4B81CFF0--

------=_NextPart_000_001B_01D7F418.4B81CFF0
	name="100_5097.jpg"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-Disposition: attachment;
	filename="100_5097.jpg"

------=_NextPart_000_001B_01D7F418.4B81CFF0
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

------=_NextPart_000_001B_01D7F418.4B81CFF0--

---

From: jimdamelio via Tigers <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2021 16:21:15 -0500

--===============5354267659634543702==

----_com.samsung.android.email_15727673361767010
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

----_com.samsung.android.email_15727673361767010
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

----_com.samsung.android.email_15727673361767010--

--===============5354267659634543702==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============5354267659634543702==--