Subject: [Tigers] Clutch issue

From: "Jerry Christopherson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 May 2021 16:49:36 -0500

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

--===============8936661647866481064==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0069_01D753E1.71617B80"
Content-Language: en-us

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0069_01D753E1.71617B80
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Well, I did some measuring today (by the way the new clutch and cylinder
kits didn't solve my problem) and thought I would pass on info for anybody
that is interested.

The actual amount of movement of the slave cylinder with a full to the floor
movement of the clutch peddle is .745".  The measure of the piston movement
from the very back to when the piston comes to the very front of the
cylinder (not protruding) is like I mentioned before is 1.35", so that
leaves approximately .605" more potential movement to apply to the clutch
arm.  I'm hoping the .700 Girling master cylinder I just ordered will take
up just that amount. I can only hope.  HA!  If not I'll pull the engine and
tranny again and get a CF clutch.  As for a annular TO bearing, my friend
has a highly modified Mazda with a 331 Ford engine for road racing with a
annular TO bearing and it works very well with the stock master cylinder. I
would be very interested in why TH doesn't like them anymore.

Jerry  

------=_NextPart_000_0069_01D753E1.71617B80
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii"><meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 14 =
(filtered medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:purple;
	text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal-compose;
	font-family:"Arial","sans-serif";
	color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US link=3Dblue =
vlink=3Dpurple><div class=3DWordSection1><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:14.0pt;font-family:"Arial","sans-serif"'>Well, I did =
some measuring today (by the way the new clutch and cylinder kits =
didn&#8217;t solve my problem) and thought I would pass on info for =
anybody that is interested.<o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:14.0pt;font-family:"Arial","sans-serif"'>The actual =
amount of movement of the slave cylinder with a full to the floor =
movement of the clutch peddle is .745&#8221;.&nbsp; The measure of the =
piston movement from the very back to when the piston comes to the very =
front of the cylinder (not protruding) is like I mentioned before is =
1.35&#8221;, so that leaves approximately .605&#8221; more potential =
movement to apply to the clutch arm.&nbsp; I&#8217;m hoping the .700 =
Girling master cylinder I just ordered will take up just that amount. I =
can only hope.&nbsp; HA!&nbsp; If not I&#8217;ll pull the engine and =
tranny again and get a CF clutch.&nbsp; As for a annular TO bearing, my =
friend has a highly modified Mazda with a 331 Ford engine for road =
racing with a annular TO bearing and it works very well with the stock =
master cylinder. I would be very interested in why TH doesn&#8217;t like =
them anymore.<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:14.0pt;font-family:"Arial","sans-serif"'>Jerry&nbsp; =
<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:14.0pt;font-family:"Arial","sans-serif"'>&nbsp;<o:p></=
o:p></span></p></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_0069_01D753E1.71617B80--

--===============8936661647866481064==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/tigers http://autox.team.net/archive

Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

--===============8936661647866481064==--