Subject: [Tigers] Clutch issue

From: "Jerry Christopherson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 May 2021 23:03:12 -0500

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

--===============5129523797929978558==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0001_01D7534C.780C9770"
Content-Language: en-us

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0001_01D7534C.780C9770
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Thanks for the ideas from all of you.  The issue of a longer push rod (which
I have, 4.5 inches) is that you can only go up against the throw out bearing
just so far.  Right now I'm touching the bearing (which I don't want of
course).  Today I received my order from S.S. (new kits for the master and
slave) and it seems to have improved the issue, I'll try driving the car
tomorrow to see if it's livable. I let someone talk me into a  RAM clutch,
should have gone with a Centerforce maybe?  Rick from S. S. said people have
had good luck with them.   I'm now of the feeling if you aren't racing, a
standard Mustang clutch is more than enough for the Tiger.  The idea of a
higher volume (larger dia.) master also suggested by Rick, is that it will
make the peddle force higher.  Another issue is how far can one allow the
slave  piston to travel without coming out of the cylinder (mine does not
have the retaining clip like it shoes in the manual).  Mine has a max
movement of around 1.350, The piston could come out another .300 ,but that
would have the front of the piston .300 past the end of the cylinder,
probably not a good thing!

Thanks again for your responses!  Jerry

------=_NextPart_000_0001_01D7534C.780C9770
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii"><meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 14 =
(filtered medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:purple;
	text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal-compose;
	font-family:"Arial","sans-serif";
	color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US link=3Dblue =
vlink=3Dpurple><div class=3DWordSection1><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:14.0pt;font-family:"Arial","sans-serif"'>Thanks for =
the ideas from all of you.&nbsp; The issue of a longer push rod (which I =
have, 4.5 inches) is that you can only go up against the throw out =
bearing just so far.&nbsp; Right now I&#8217;m touching the bearing =
(which I don&#8217;t want of course).&nbsp; Today I received my order =
from S.S. (new kits for the master and slave) and it seems to have =
improved the issue, I&#8217;ll try driving the car tomorrow to see if =
it&#8217;s livable. I let someone talk me into a &nbsp;RAM clutch, =
should have gone with a Centerforce maybe?&nbsp; Rick from S. S. said =
people have had good luck with them. &nbsp;&nbsp;I&#8217;m now of the =
feeling if you aren&#8217;t racing, a standard Mustang clutch is more =
than enough for the Tiger. &nbsp;The idea of a higher volume (larger =
dia.) master also suggested by Rick, is that it will make the peddle =
force higher.&nbsp; Another issue is how far can one allow the =
slave&nbsp; piston to travel without coming out of the cylinder (mine =
does not have the retaining clip like it shoes in the manual).&nbsp; =
Mine has a max movement of around 1.350, The piston could come out =
another .300 ,but that would have the front of the piston .300 past the =
end of the cylinder, probably not a good thing!<o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:14.0pt;font-family:"Arial","sans-serif"'>Thanks again =
for your responses!&nbsp; Jerry<o:p></o:p></span></p></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_0001_01D7534C.780C9770--

--===============5129523797929978558==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/tigers http://autox.team.net/archive

Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

--===============5129523797929978558==--