Subject: [Tigers] FW: distributor info

From: "Ron Fraser" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 1 May 2021 09:51:15 -0400

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

--===============5732792830293711616==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0003_01D73E6F.87D45310"
Content-Language: en-us

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0003_01D73E6F.87D45310
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

I'm refining my information quest.

There looks like some differences between the stock Ford #s and the Sunbeam
Parts List #s plus no information is listed for the Z5TF-C distributor.

The C4OF-A was replaced by the C5JF-C but my Z5TF-C has a different cam so
I'm thinking it is a hybrid combination of Ford parts.

The Tiger distributors are C4OF-A has oil port, Z5TF-C and C5AF-M are the
later updated design.

If you happen to have or had one of these distributors apart - what color
are the advance springs?

If you have the original Ford vacuum advance, the one's that can be
disassembled - what color is the spring and how long is the Stop part?

Pictures welcome - please indicate the distributor ID# - C4OF-A, Z5TF-C,
C5AF-M

Thanks for your help

Ron Fraser

From: Tigers <[email-masked]> On Behalf Of Ron Fraser
Sent: Thursday, April 29, 2021 1:26 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Tigers] distributor info

                I'm trying to sort out some of the information about the
stock Tiger Distributors.

Has anyone run the advance curve on their stock Tiger distributor?

What are the numbers?

Stock Tiger distributors have ID#s - C4OF-A - has oil port, Z5TF-C and
C5AF-M

Has anyone pulled apart their stock Tiger distributor or vacuum advance
canister?

What color is the Primary spring with short end loops and the Secondary
spring with the longer end loops.

What color is the spring in the vacuum canister.

Send picture if you have them.

Thanks for your help

Ron Fraser

------=_NextPart_000_0003_01D73E6F.87D45310
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii"><meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 15 =
(filtered medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
span.EmailStyle19
	{mso-style-type:personal-reply;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-size:10.0pt;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US =
link=3D"#0563C1" vlink=3D"#954F72"><div class=3DWordSection1><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>I&#8217;m refining my information =
quest.<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>There looks like some differences between the stock =
Ford #s and the Sunbeam Parts List #s plus no information is listed for =
the Z5TF-C distributor.<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>The C4OF-A =
was replaced by the C5JF-C but my Z5TF-C has a different cam so =
I&#8217;m thinking it is a hybrid combination of Ford =
parts.<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>The Tiger distributors are C4OF-A has oil port, Z5TF-C =
and C5AF-M are the later updated design.<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>If you =
happen to have or had one of these distributors apart - <b>what color =
are the advance springs?</b><o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>If you have =
the original Ford vacuum advance, the one&#8217;s that can be =
disassembled &#8211; <b>what color is the spring and how long is the =
Stop part?<o:p></o:p></b></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><b><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></b></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Pictures welcome &#8211; please indicate the =
distributor ID# - C4OF-A, Z5TF-C, C5AF-M<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>Thanks for =
your help<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>Ron Fraser<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><div><div =
style=3D'border:none;border-top:solid #E1E1E1 1.0pt;padding:3.0pt 0in =
0in 0in'><p class=3DMsoNormal><b>From:</b> Tigers =
&lt;[email-masked]&gt; <b>On Behalf Of </b>Ron =
Fraser<br><b>Sent:</b> Thursday, April 29, 2021 1:26 PM<br><b>To:</b> =
[email-masked]<br><b>Subject:</b> [Tigers] distributor =
info<o:p></o:p></p></div></div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&=
nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; I&#8217;m trying to sort out some of =
the information about the stock Tiger Distributors.<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>Has anyone =
run the advance curve on their stock Tiger distributor?<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>What are the numbers?<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>Stock Tiger =
distributors have ID#s &#8211; C4OF-A &#8211; has oil port, Z5TF-C and =
C5AF-M<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Has anyone pulled apart their stock Tiger distributor =
or vacuum advance canister?<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>What color =
is the Primary spring with short end loops and the Secondary spring with =
the longer end loops.<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>What color is =
the spring in the vacuum canister.<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>Send picture =
if you have them.<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>Thanks for =
your help<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>Ron =
Fraser<o:p></o:p></p></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_0003_01D73E6F.87D45310--

--===============5732792830293711616==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/tigers http://autox.team.net/archive

Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

--===============5732792830293711616==--