Subject: [Tigers] radiator mounting

From: Owain Lloyd via Tigers <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2020 14:48:50 +0200

--===============9166599888003573578==

--000000000000b112f605b022bdf0

hi,

what are you guys doing to mount your alumin(i)um radiators?  i had changed
my stock rad for an ali version from Dale a few years back. not because i
needed better cooling but mainly because i was tired of soldering the rad
up all over the place and thought it must be all flexed and stressed out.
the first time i put any miles on the car recently, the new rad sprung a
leak which i assume is from having it bolted solid to the front panel which
is flexing under torque and cornering.  since i can't really repair it, I
bought a new one from the UK but want to mount it on something which
absorbs the flex and vibration.

I have a bunch of exhaust bobbin rubbers from a mini but i suspect they
will put the rad too far back and allow too much movement.  its not arrived
yet so i'm not exactly sure of the width.

this solution looks nice but it wouldn't work without large holes in the
mounting tabs.
https://www.conceptracing.co.uk/sunbeam-tiger-high-efficiency-aluminium-radiator/

cheers.

--000000000000b112f605b022bdf0
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"ltr">hi,<div><br></div><div>what are you guys doing to mount yo=
ur alumin(i)um radiators?=C2=A0 i had changed my stock rad for an ali versi=
on from Dale a few years back. not because i needed better cooling but main=
ly because i was tired of soldering the rad up all over the place and thoug=
ht it must be all flexed and stressed out.=C2=A0 the first time i put any m=
iles on the car recently, the new rad sprung a leak which i assume is from =
having it bolted solid to the front panel which is flexing under torque and=
 cornering.=C2=A0 since i can&#39;t really repair it, I bought a new one fr=
om the UK but want to mount it on something which absorbs the flex and vibr=
ation.</div><div><br></div><div>I have a bunch of exhaust bobbin rubbers fr=
om a mini but i suspect they will put the rad too far back and allow too mu=
ch movement.=C2=A0 its not arrived yet so i&#39;m not exactly sure of the w=
idth.</div><div><br></div><div>this solution looks nice but it wouldn&#39;t=
 work without large holes in the mounting tabs.=C2=A0=C2=A0</div><div><a hr=
ef=3D"https://www.conceptracing.co.uk/sunbeam-tiger-high-efficiency-alumini=
um-radiator/">https://www.conceptracing.co.uk/sunbeam-tiger-high-efficiency=
-aluminium-radiator/</a><br></div><div><br></div><div>cheers.</div></div>

--000000000000b112f605b022bdf0--

--===============9166599888003573578==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/tigers http://autox.team.net/archive

Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

--===============9166599888003573578==--

---

From: Theo Smit via Tigers <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2020 12:15:59 -0600 (MDT)

--===============5229924814931755866==
	boundary=Apple-Mail-4BB94BA4-F514-47FE-8A63-EE5E09942219
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

--Apple-Mail-4BB94BA4-F514-47FE-8A63-EE5E09942219
	charset=utf-8
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

--Apple-Mail-4BB94BA4-F514-47FE-8A63-EE5E09942219
	charset=utf-8
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

--Apple-Mail-4BB94BA4-F514-47FE-8A63-EE5E09942219--

--===============5229924814931755866==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============5229924814931755866==--