Subject: Re: [Tigers] inside door parts questions

From: Jay Laifman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 May 2020 07:36:18 -0700

--===============0829305716618562840==

--0000000000007fbd1e05a6ca61dc
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Ohhhh.  Now that you say that, I do believe there is a little black piece
of rubber inside the hole of the handle!

On Fri, May 29, 2020 at 7:03 AM Gary <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Hi Michael,
> I just noticed what you said..
>
> The springs don't go behind the bakelite escutcheon but in front of..
> between the escutcheon and the
> chrome ring, they push the escutcheon against the door trim (so it doesn'=
t
> drag, chrome against chrome
> slips more easily).
> Also, I am thinking that the rubber piece goes inside the handle, not
> "around" anything.. ??
> Gary
>
>
> On 5/27/2020 8:16 PM, michael king wrote:
>
> Hey Gary,
>
> Yes the springs are used behind the bakerlite escutcheons but that keeps
> them from dragging on the door trims when rotating and keeps them pished
> out over the pins that hold the handles on. The rubbers prevent the handl=
e
> rattling on the shaft.
>
> And yes the horn ring arrived at my friends...but its yet to work its way
> to me yet... 2020.... Urgh
>
> On Thu., 28 May 2020, 13:08 Gary, <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
>> Well that=E2=80=99s interesting, have never seen
>> those rubber pieces in all my years of Tigering.
>> Was that a late mod?  My MK1s have springs
>> behind the chrome ring that keeps them
>> from rattling.
>>
>> Hi Michael!  Did you ever get the horn ring?
>> Gary Winblad
>>
>> Sent from my iPhone
>>
>> On May 27, 2020, at 6:09 PM, michael king <[email-masked]>
>> wrote:
>>
>> =EF=BB=BF
>> Sorry photo didn't attach...the anti rattle rubber.
>>
>> On Thu., 28 May 2020, 11:08 michael king, <[email-masked]>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Jim..  I havent got access to the manuals in front of me... But.. The
>>> doors have the felt spacers on the winder and handle. They also had a
>>> rubber spacer sleeve that was used on the handles that goes over the sh=
aft
>>> and the handle slips over those so stop them rattling.. Maybe thats wha=
t
>>> you are looking at?
>>>
>>> Pic attached
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> On Thu., 28 May 2020, 08:59 James Armstrong via Tigers, <
>>> [email-masked]> wrote:
>>>
>>>> Hello,
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> In putting my door back together, I have a few questions:
>>>> 1) are there two felt donuts, one on the window winder shaft (shown bu=
t
>>>> not called out in Alpine parts manual) and is there another on the doo=
r
>>>> opener shaft?
>>>>
>>>> 2) what the heck are part #s YX  Illus. B # s  98 and 98/1 inside of
>>>> door around the door opening shaft?
>>>> Also in the Alpine parts manual Series 3 and up
>>>>
>>>> Help please
>>>>
>>>> Jim
>>>>
>>>> Jim Armstrong
>>>> Mk 1A
>>>> 382002083 LRXFE
>>>> Code 86
>>>> TAC #....
>>>> _______________________________________________
>>>>
>>>> [email-masked]
>>>>
>>>> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
>>>> Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/tigers
>>>> http://autox.team.net/archive
>>>>
>>>> Unsubscribe:
>>>> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]
>>>>
>>>>
>> _______________________________________________
>>
>> [email-masked]
>>
>> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
>> Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/tigers
>> http://autox.team.net/archive
>>
>> Unsubscribe:
>> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]
>>
>>
>>
> _______________________________________________
>
> [email-masked]
>
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/tigers
> http://autox.team.net/archive
>
> Unsubscribe:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]
>
>
>

--0000000000007fbd1e05a6ca61dc
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"ltr">Ohhhh.=C2=A0 Now that you say that, I do believe there is =
a little black piece of rubber inside the hole of the handle!</div><br><div=
 class=3D"gmail_quote"><div dir=3D"ltr" class=3D"gmail_attr">On Fri, May 29=
, 2020 at 7:03 AM Gary &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">garyw=
[email-masked]</a>&gt; wrote:<br></div><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote=
" style=3D"margin:0px 0px 0px 0.8ex;border-left:1px solid rgb(204,204,204);=
padding-left:1ex">
 =20
   =20
 =20
  <div>
    Hi Michael,<br>
    I just noticed what you said..<br>
    <br>
    The springs don&#39;t go behind the bakelite escutcheon but in front
    of..=C2=A0 between the escutcheon and the<br>
    chrome ring, they push the escutcheon against the door trim (so it
    doesn&#39;t drag, chrome against chrome<br>
    slips more easily).=C2=A0 <br>
    Also, I am thinking that the rubber piece goes inside the handle,
    not &quot;around&quot; anything.. ??<br>
    Gary<br>
    <br>
    <br>
    <div>On 5/27/2020 8:16 PM, michael king
      wrote:<br>
    </div>
    <blockquote type=3D"cite">
     =20
      <div dir=3D"auto">Hey Gary,
        <div dir=3D"auto"><br>
        </div>
        <div dir=3D"auto">Yes the springs are used behind the bakerlite
          escutcheons but that keeps them from dragging on the door
          trims when rotating and keeps them pished out over the pins
          that hold the handles on. The rubbers prevent the handle
          rattling on the shaft.</div>
        <div dir=3D"auto"><br>
        </div>
        <div dir=3D"auto">And yes the horn ring arrived at my
          friends...but its yet to work its way to me yet... 2020....
          Urgh</div>
      </div>
      <br>
      <div class=3D"gmail_quote">
        <div dir=3D"ltr" class=3D"gmail_attr">On Thu., 28 May 2020, 13:08
          Gary, &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" target=3D"_b=
lank">[email-masked]</a>&gt;
          wrote:<br>
        </div>
        <blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0px 0px 0px 0.8ex=
;border-left:1px solid rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex">
          <div dir=3D"auto">Well that=E2=80=99s interesting, have never see=
n
            <div>those rubber pieces in all my years of Tigering.</div>
            <div>Was that a late mod?=C2=A0 My MK1s have springs</div>
            <div>behind the chrome ring that keeps them</div>
            <div>from rattling.</div>
            <div><br>
            </div>
            <div>Hi Michael!=C2=A0 Did you ever get the horn ring?<br>
              Gary Winblad</div>
            <div><br>
              <div dir=3D"ltr">Sent from my iPhone</div>
              <div dir=3D"ltr"><br>
                <blockquote type=3D"cite">On May 27, 2020, at 6:09 PM,
                  michael king &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]=
om" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">[email-masked]</a>&gt;
                  wrote:<br>
                  <br>
                </blockquote>
              </div>
              <blockquote type=3D"cite">
                <div dir=3D"ltr">=EF=BB=BF
                  <div dir=3D"auto">Sorry photo didn&#39;t attach...the ant=
i
                    rattle rubber.</div>
                  <br>
                  <div class=3D"gmail_quote">
                    <div dir=3D"ltr" class=3D"gmail_attr">On Thu., 28 May
                      2020, 11:08 michael king, &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:micha=
[email-masked]" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">michael.s.king@gm=
ail.com</a>&gt;
                      wrote:<br>
                    </div>
                    <blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0px 0=
px 0px 0.8ex;border-left:1px solid rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex">
                      <div dir=3D"auto">Jim..=C2=A0 I havent got access to =
the
                        manuals in front of me... But.. The doors have
                        the felt spacers on the winder and handle. They
                        also had a rubber spacer sleeve that was used on
                        the handles that goes over the shaft and the
                        handle slips over those so stop them rattling..
                        Maybe thats what you are looking at?
                        <div dir=3D"auto"><br>
                        </div>
                        <div dir=3D"auto">Pic attached<br>
                          <div dir=3D"auto"><br>
                          </div>
                          <div dir=3D"auto"><br>
                          </div>
                        </div>
                      </div>
                      <br>
                      <div class=3D"gmail_quote">
                        <div dir=3D"ltr" class=3D"gmail_attr">On Thu., 28
                          May 2020, 08:59 James Armstrong via Tigers,
                          &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" rel=
=3D"noreferrer noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">[email-masked]</a>&gt;
                          wrote:<br>
                        </div>
                        <blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0=
px 0px 0px 0.8ex;border-left:1px solid rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex">
                          <div style=3D"font-family:arial,helvetica,sans-se=
rif;font-size:10pt;color:rgb(0,0,0)">
                            <div><span style=3D"font-family:arial,helvetica=
,sans-serif;font-size:10pt;color:rgb(0,0,0)">Hello,<br>
                                <br>
                              </span></div>
                            <div><br>
                            </div>
                            <div><span style=3D"font-family:arial,helvetica=
,sans-serif;font-size:10pt;color:rgb(0,0,0)">In
                                putting my door back together, I have a
                                few questions:</span></div>
                            <div><span style=3D"font-family:arial,helvetica=
,sans-serif;font-size:10pt;color:rgb(0,0,0)">1)
                                are there two felt donuts, one on the
                                window winder shaft (shown but not
                                called out in Alpine parts manual) and
                                is there another on the door opener
                                shaft?</span></div>
                            <div><br>
                            </div>
                            <div><span style=3D"font-family:arial,helvetica=
,sans-serif;font-size:10pt;color:rgb(0,0,0)">2)
                                what the heck are part #s YX=C2=A0 Illus. B=
 #
                                s=C2=A0 98 and 98/1 inside of door around t=
he
                                door opening shaft?</span></div>
                            <div><span style=3D"font-family:arial,helvetica=
,sans-serif;font-size:10pt;color:rgb(0,0,0)">Also
                                in the Alpine parts manual Series 3 and
                                up</span></div>
                            <div><br>
                            </div>
                            <div><span style=3D"font-family:arial,helvetica=
,sans-serif;font-size:10pt;color:rgb(0,0,0)">Help
                                please</span></div>
                            <div><br>
                            </div>
                            <div><span style=3D"font-family:arial,helvetica=
,sans-serif;font-size:10pt;color:rgb(0,0,0)">Jim</span></div>
                            <div><br>
                            </div>
                            <div><span>Jim
                                Armstrong</span></div>
                          </div>
                          <div>
                            <div>Mk 1A</div>
                            <div>382002083 LRXFE</div>
                            <div>Code 86</div>
                            <div>TAC #....</div>
                          </div>
_______________________________________________<br>
                          <br>
                          <a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" rel=3D"n=
oreferrer noreferrer noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">[email-masked]</a=
><br>
                          <br>
                          Donate: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/donate.htm=
l" rel=3D"noreferrer noreferrer noreferrer
                            noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.n=
et/donate.html</a><br>
                          Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail=
/tigers" rel=3D"noreferrer noreferrer noreferrer
                            noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.n=
et/pipermail/tigers</a>
                          <a href=3D"http://autox.team.net/archive" rel=3D"=
noreferrer noreferrer noreferrer
                            noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://autox.team=
.net/archive</a><br>
                          <br>
                          Unsubscribe: <a href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mai=
lman/options/tigers/[email-masked]" rel=3D"noreferrer noreferrer =
noreferrer
                            noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://autox.team=
.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]</a><br>
                          <br>
                          <br>
                        </blockquote>
                      </div>
                    </blockquote>
                  </div>
                  <div>&lt;4aef7790.jpg&gt;</div>
                  <span>_______________________________________________</sp=
an><br>
                  <span></span><br>
                  <span><a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" rel=3D"nor=
eferrer" target=3D"_blank">[email-masked]</a></span><br>
                  <span></span><br>
                  <span>Donate: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/donate.html"=
 rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a></=
span><br>
                  <span>Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/t=
igers" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/pipermail/t=
igers</a>
                    <a href=3D"http://autox.team.net/archive" rel=3D"norefe=
rrer" target=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net/archive</a></span><br>
                  <span></span><br>
                  <span>Unsubscribe: <a href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailm=
an/options/tigers/[email-masked]" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_bl=
ank">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]</=
a></span><br>
                  <span></span><br>
                  <span></span><br>
                </div>
              </blockquote>
            </div>
          </div>
        </blockquote>
      </div>
    </blockquote>
    <br>
  </div>

_______________________________________________<br>
<br>
<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" target=3D"_blank">[email-masked]=
m.net</a><br>
<br>
et=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/tigers" rel=3D"noreferrer=
" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/pipermail/tigers</a> <a href=3D"htt=
p://autox.team.net/archive" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://aut=
ox.team.net/archive</a><br>
<br>
Unsubscribe: <a href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/jay.la=
[email-masked]" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net=
/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]</a><br>
<br>
<br>
</blockquote></div>

--0000000000007fbd1e05a6ca61dc--

--===============0829305716618562840==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/tigers http://autox.team.net/archive

Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

--===============0829305716618562840==--

---

From: Gary <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 May 2020 08:56:48 -0700

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--===============0265165765056067274==
 boundary="------------3C0D488026640E34364EBF29"
Content-Language: en-US

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------3C0D488026640E34364EBF29
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

Oh yeah...
My MK1 did have half donuts glued on the back of the door panel around 
the shafts..  must be what
Rick sells.  I can't remember if the originals were foam rubber or felt...
Gary

On 5/28/2020 10:59 AM, James Armstrong via Tigers wrote:
> GREAT PICTURE !
>
> Rick returned my call and said there are donuts on both shafts.
>
> And he sells them. they come as half donuts !
>
> Hu-ray !
>
> Jim A
>
> In a message dated 5/28/2020 11:20:48 AM Eastern Standard Time, 
> [email-masked] writes:
>
>     I've had the same problem with getting that pin out.  I recall
>     having to damage the lip once to get an awl in there to push out
>     the pin.
>
>     I've never seen that rubber piece either.  I'll have to check to
>     see if the Tiger has them.  No Alpine I've had did (I've had 3 of
>     them).  But I was certainly not the original owner on any of them
>     - though one of them was very unmolested, and somewhat low mileage
>     when I got it in 1977.  But it was a very very late SV (like one
>     of the last 150), and various money saving things were done on the
>     cars by then.
>
>     I will say as an aside, I recall the pot metal on those door
>     handles breaking.  I got a stainless steel pair from CAT probably
>     around 1979.  Still going strong.  Thank you to whomever made those!
>
>     Jay
>
>
>
>     On Wed, May 27, 2020 at 8:59 PM Derek Daily via Tigers
>
>         Hmmm, i was just going through door reassembly this weekend.
>         Where would the rubber "sleeve" go? In my case, early MKIA
>         ...000428, the handles are snug over the male post. In fact,
>         as one of those original fixing pins has gone missing, i
>         attempted to use plumbing tape over the post prior to
>         replacing the handle pin and the handle could not slide over
>         the thin tape. No way a rubber sleeve would work on this car
>         (unless im misunderstanding Placement location..).
>
>         FWIW, i have three donuts per side. Two on door latch post One
>         on window crank. However, I can state no knowledge of original
>         location.
>
>         Also: while we on on this Door topic, about the escutcheon
>         with chrome ring and spring to mate from door card to "base"
>         of lever after reattaching... those suck. On most i have the
>         chrome pushed in to eacutcheon far enough to allow the pin to
>         be inserted and no way to pull chrome out once handle is
>         connected. Even if i did, the chrome would never slide back in
>         to allow handle pin removal Ever again. All hardware here
>         including card are original.
>
>         Lets see if i can attach...
>
>
>
>
>
>         Derek Daily
>
>             On May 27, 2020, at 6:09 PM, michael king
>             <[email-masked]
>
>             On Thu., 28 May 2020, 11:08 michael king,
>             <[email-masked]
>
>                 Jim..  I havent got access to the manuals in front of
>                 me... But.. The doors have the felt spacers on the
>                 winder and handle. They also had a rubber spacer
>                 sleeve that was used on the handles that goes over the
>                 shaft and the handle slips over those so stop them
>                 rattling.. Maybe thats what you are looking at?
>
>                 Pic attached
>
>
>
>                 On Thu., 28 May 2020, 08:59 James Armstrong via
>                 Tigers, <[email-masked]
>
>                     Hello,
>
>
>                     1) are there two felt donuts, one on the window
>                     winder shaft (shown but not called out in Alpine
>                     parts manual) and is there another on the door
>                     opener shaft?
>
>                     2) what the heck are part #s YX  Illus. B # s  98
>                     and 98/1 inside of door around the door opening shaft?
>                     382002083
> Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]
>
>

--------------3C0D488026640E34364EBF29
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

<html>
  <head>
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
  </head>
  <body>
    Oh yeah...<br>
    My MK1 did have half donuts glued on the back of the door panel
    around the shafts..  must be what<br>
    Rick sells.  I can't remember if the originals were foam rubber or
    felt...<br>
    Gary<br>
    <br>
    <br>
    <br>
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix">On 5/28/2020 10:59 AM, James Armstrong
      via Tigers wrote:<br>
    </div>
    <blockquote type="cite"
      cite="mid:[email-masked]">
      <meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
      <div>
        <div class="userEdit" style="font-family: arial, helvetica,
          sans-serif; font-size: 10pt; color: #000000;">
          <div><span style="font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif;
              font-size: 10pt; color: #000000;">GREAT PICTURE !</span></div>
          <div><br>
          </div>
          <div>Rick returned my call and said there are donuts on both
            shafts.<br>
          </div>
          <div><br>
            And he sells them. they come as half donuts !</div>
          <div><br>
          </div>
          <div>Hu-ray !</div>
          <div><br>
          </div>
          <div>Jim A</div>
          <div><span style="font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif;
              font-size: 10pt; color: #000000;"><br>
            </span></div>
        </div>
        In a message dated 5/28/2020 11:20:48 AM Eastern Standard Time,
        <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a> writes:
        <div><br>
        </div>
        <div class="quotedReply">
          <blockquote style="padding-left: 5px; margin-left: 5px;
            border-left: blue 2px solid;">
            <div id="yiv6224538321">
              <div>
                <div dir="ltr">I've had the same problem with getting
                  that pin out.  I recall having to damage the lip once
                  to get an awl in there to push out the pin.
                  <div><br>
                  </div>
                  <div>I've never seen that rubber piece either.  I'll
                    have to check to see if the Tiger has them.  No
                    Alpine I've had did (I've had 3 of them).  But I was
                    certainly not the original owner on any of them -
                    though one of them was very unmolested, and somewhat
                    low mileage when I got it in 1977.  But it was a
                    very very late SV (like one of the last 150), and
                    various money saving things were done on the cars by
                    then.</div>
                  <div><br>
                  </div>
                  <div>I will say as an aside, I recall the pot metal on
                    those door handles breaking.  I got a stainless
                    steel pair from CAT probably around 1979.  Still
                    going strong.  Thank you to whomever made those!</div>
                  <div><br>
                  </div>
                  <div>Jay</div>
                  <div><br>
                  </div>
                  <div><br>
                  </div>
                </div>
                <br clear="none">
                <div class="yiv6224538321gmail_quote">
                  <div id="yiv6224538321yqt48690"
                    class="yiv6224538321yqt0842673956">
                    <div class="yiv6224538321gmail_attr" dir="ltr">On
                      Wed, May 27, 2020 at 8:59 PM Derek Daily via
                      Tigers &lt;<a href="mailto:[email-masked]"
                        target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer"
                        shape="rect" moz-do-not-send="true">[email-masked]</a>&gt;
                      wrote:</div>
                    <blockquote class="yiv6224538321gmail_quote"
                      style="margin: 0px 0px 0px 0.8ex; border-left: 1px
                      solid #cccccc; padding-left: 1ex;">
                      <div>Hmmm, i was just going through door
                        reassembly this weekend. Where would the rubber
                        "sleeve" go? In my case, early MKIA ...000428,
                        the handles are snug over the male post. In
                        fact, as one of those original fixing pins has
                        gone missing, i attempted to use plumbing tape
                        over the post prior to replacing the handle pin
                        and the handle could not slide over the thin
                        tape. No way a rubber sleeve would work on this
                        car (unless im misunderstanding Placement
                        location..). 
                        <div><br>
                        </div>
                        <div>FWIW, i have three donuts per side. Two on
                          door latch post One on window crank. However,
                          I can state no knowledge of original location.<br>
                        </div>
                        <div><br>
                        </div>
                        <div>Also: while we on on this Door topic, about
                          the escutcheon with chrome ring and spring to
                          mate from door card to "base" of lever after
                          reattaching... those suck. On most i have the
                          chrome pushed in to eacutcheon far enough to
                          allow the pin to be inserted and no way to
                          pull chrome out once handle is connected. Even
                          if i did, the chrome would never slide back in
                          to allow handle pin removal Ever again. All
                          hardware here including card are original.<br>
                        </div>
                        <div><br>
                        </div>
                        <div>Lets see if i can attach...</div>
                        <div><br>
                        </div>
                        <div><br clear="none">
                          <img src="cid:1725bdaa97643c689201"
                            moz-do-not-send="true"></div>
                        <div><br>
                        </div>
                        <div><br clear="none">
                          <br clear="none">
                          <div dir="ltr">Derek Daily
                            <div><a href="mailto:[email-masked]"
                                target="_blank" rel="noopener
                                noreferrer" shape="rect"
                                moz-do-not-send="true">[email-masked]</a></div>
                          </div>
                          <div dir="ltr"><br clear="none">
                            <blockquote>On May 27, 2020, at 6:09 PM,
                              michael king &lt;<a
                                href="mailto:[email-masked]"
                                target="_blank" rel="noopener
                                noreferrer" shape="rect"
                                moz-do-not-send="true">[email-masked]</a>&gt;
                              wrote:<br clear="none">
                              <br clear="none">
                            </blockquote>
                          </div>
                          <blockquote>
                            <div dir="ltr">
                              <div>Sorry photo didn't attach...the anti
                                rattle rubber.</div>
                              <br clear="none">
                              <div class="yiv6224538321gmail_quote">
                                <div class="yiv6224538321gmail_attr"
                                  dir="ltr">On Thu., 28 May 2020, 11:08
                                  michael king, &lt;<a
                                    href="mailto:[email-masked]"
                                    target="_blank" rel="noopener
                                    noreferrer" shape="rect"
                                    moz-do-not-send="true">[email-masked]</a>&gt;
                                  wrote:</div>
                                <blockquote
                                  class="yiv6224538321gmail_quote"
                                  style="margin: 0px 0px 0px 0.8ex;
                                  border-left: 1px solid #cccccc;
                                  padding-left: 1ex;">
                                  <div>Jim..  I havent got access to the
                                    manuals in front of me... But.. The
                                    doors have the felt spacers on the
                                    winder and handle. They also had a
                                    rubber spacer sleeve that was used
                                    on the handles that goes over the
                                    shaft and the handle slips over
                                    those so stop them rattling.. Maybe
                                    thats what you are looking at?
                                    <div><br>
                                    </div>
                                    <div>Pic attached<br clear="none">
                                      <div><br>
                                      </div>
                                      <div><br>
                                      </div>
                                    </div>
                                  </div>
                                  <br clear="none">
                                  <div class="yiv6224538321gmail_quote">
                                    <div class="yiv6224538321gmail_attr"
                                      dir="ltr">On Thu., 28 May 2020,
                                      08:59 James Armstrong via Tigers,
                                      &lt;<a
                                        href="mailto:[email-masked]"
                                        target="_blank" rel="noopener
                                        noreferrer" shape="rect"
                                        moz-do-not-send="true">[email-masked]</a>&gt;
                                      wrote:</div>
                                    <blockquote
                                      class="yiv6224538321gmail_quote"
                                      style="margin: 0px 0px 0px 0.8ex;
                                      border-left: 1px solid #cccccc;
                                      padding-left: 1ex;">
                                      <div style="font-family: arial,
                                        helvetica, sans-serif;
                                        font-size: 10pt; color:
                                        #000000;">
                                        <div><span style="font-family:
                                            arial, helvetica,
                                            sans-serif; font-size: 10pt;
                                            color: #000000;">Hello,<br
                                              clear="none">
                                            <br clear="none">
                                          </span></div>
                                        <div><br>
                                        </div>
                                        <div><span style="font-family:
                                            arial, helvetica,
                                            sans-serif; font-size: 10pt;
                                            color: #000000;">In putting
                                            my door back together, I
                                            have a few questions:</span></div>
                                        <div><span style="font-family:
                                            arial, helvetica,
                                            sans-serif; font-size: 10pt;
                                            color: #000000;">1) are
                                            there two felt donuts, one
                                            on the window winder shaft
                                            (shown but not called out in
                                            Alpine parts manual) and is
                                            there another on the door
                                            opener shaft?</span></div>
                                        <div><br>
                                        </div>
                                        <div><span style="font-family:
                                            arial, helvetica,
                                            sans-serif; font-size: 10pt;
                                            color: #000000;">2) what the
                                            heck are part #s YX  Illus.
                                            B # s  98 and 98/1 inside of
                                            door around the door opening
                                            shaft?</span></div>
                                        <div><span style="font-family:
                                            arial, helvetica,
                                            sans-serif; font-size: 10pt;
                                            color: #000000;">Also in the
                                            Alpine parts manual Series 3
                                            and up</span></div>
                                        <div><br>
                                        </div>
                                        <div><span style="font-family:
                                            arial, helvetica,
                                            sans-serif; font-size: 10pt;
                                            color: #000000;">Help please</span></div>
                                        <div><br>
                                        </div>
                                        <div><span style="font-family:
                                            arial, helvetica,
                                            sans-serif; font-size: 10pt;
                                            color: #000000;">Jim</span></div>
                                        <div><br>
                                        </div>
                                        <div><span style="font-family:
                                            UI NotoColorEmoji, UI
                                            EmojiSymbols, sans-serif;
                                            font-size: 10pt;">Jim
                                            Armstrong</span></div>
                                      </div>
                                      <div>
                                        <div>Mk 1A</div>
                                        <div>382002083<br>
                                        </div>
                                      </div>
                                    </blockquote>
                                  </div>
                                </blockquote>
                              </div>
                            </div>
                          </blockquote>
                          <br clear="none">
                          <blockquote>
                            <div dir="ltr">
                              <div class="yiv6224538321gmail_quote">
                                <blockquote
                                  class="yiv6224538321gmail_quote"
                                  style="margin: 0px 0px 0px 0.8ex;
                                  border-left: 1px solid #cccccc;
                                  padding-left: 1ex;">
                                  <div class="yiv6224538321gmail_quote"><br>
                                  </div>
                                </blockquote>
                              </div>
                              <div>&lt;4aef7790.jpg&gt;</div>
                            </div>
                          </blockquote>
                        </div>
                      </div>
                      _______________________________________________<br
                        clear="none">
                      <br clear="none">
                      <a href="mailto:[email-masked]"
                        target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer"
                        shape="rect" moz-do-not-send="true">[email-masked]</a><br
                        clear="none">
                      <br clear="none">
                      Donate: <a href="http://www.team.net/donate.html"
                        target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer"
                        shape="rect" moz-do-not-send="true">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br
                        clear="none">
                      Archive: <a
                        href="http://www.team.net/pipermail/tigers"
                        target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer"
                        shape="rect" moz-do-not-send="true">http://www.team.net/pipermail/tigers</a>
                      <a href="http://autox.team.net/archive"
                        target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer"
                        shape="rect" moz-do-not-send="true">http://autox.team.net/archive</a><br
                        clear="none">
                      <br clear="none">
                      Unsubscribe: <a
href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]"
                        target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer"
                        shape="rect" moz-do-not-send="true">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]</a><br
                        clear="none">
                      <br clear="none">
                      <br clear="none">
                    </blockquote>
                  </div>
                </div>
              </div>
            </div>
          </blockquote>
        </div>
      </div>
      <br>
      <fieldset class="mimeAttachmentHeader"></fieldset>
      <pre class="moz-quote-pre" wrap="">_______________________________________________

<a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>

Archive: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.team.net/pipermail/tigers">http://www.team.net/pipermail/tigers</a> <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://autox.team.net/archive">http://autox.team.net/archive</a>

Unsubscribe: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]</a>

</pre>
    </blockquote>
    <br>
  </body>
</html>

--------------3C0D488026640E34364EBF29--

--===============0265165765056067274==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============0265165765056067274==--