Subject: [Tigers] Carb Cleaning 101 : Edelbrock 600 CFM

From: gharlowe--- via Tigers <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 28 Dec 2019 17:37:55 -0500

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

--===============5739376428453973196==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0001_01D5BDA5.8AA636E0"
Content-Language: en-us

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0001_01D5BDA5.8AA636E0
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Listers -

I went to start the Tiger for the first time in about 2 months (nice day
here in Maryland!) and it just wouldn't fire.   I determined it wasn't
getting any gas.   Fuel is getting to the carb from the pump, but there's
nothing coming out of the jets when I pump the throttle linkage.   The carb
has been on the car for over 10 years.   I assume 10 years of gunk, ethanol,
varnish and just sitting in the garage has clogged everything up.  I'm
hesitant to start disassembling the carb if there's a less intrusive path to
take first.   (The last time I tried to overhaul a carb was helping a high
school buddy with his Plymouth slant 6 and it didn't end well.)  Has anyone
had any luck just soaking a whole carb (carb cleaner, acetone, etc.) and
then re-installing?    Any other tips/tricks?  

Thanks much, 

Graham Harlowe

B82001466

------=_NextPart_000_0001_01D5BDA5.8AA636E0
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii"><meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 15 =
(filtered medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:#0563C1;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:#954F72;
	text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal-compose;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US =
link=3D"#0563C1" vlink=3D"#954F72"><div class=3DWordSection1><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Listers &#8211;<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>I went to =
start the Tiger for the first time in about 2 months (nice day here in =
Maryland!) and it just wouldn&#8217;t fire.&nbsp;&nbsp; I determined it =
wasn&#8217;t getting any gas.&nbsp; &nbsp;Fuel is getting to the carb =
from the pump, but there&#8217;s nothing coming out of the jets when I =
pump the throttle linkage.&nbsp; &nbsp;The carb has been on the car for =
over 10 years.&nbsp; &nbsp;I assume 10 years of gunk, ethanol, varnish =
and just sitting in the garage has clogged everything up.&nbsp; =
I&#8217;m hesitant to start disassembling the carb if there&#8217;s a =
less intrusive path to take first.&nbsp;&nbsp; (The last time I tried to =
overhaul a carb was helping a high school buddy with his Plymouth slant =
6 and it didn&#8217;t end well.)&nbsp; Has anyone had any luck just =
soaking a whole carb (carb cleaner, acetone, etc.) and then =
re-installing?&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Any other tips/tricks?&nbsp; =
<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Thanks much, <o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>Graham =
Harlowe<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>B82001466<o:p></o:p></p></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_0001_01D5BDA5.8AA636E0--

--===============5739376428453973196==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/tigers http://autox.team.net/archive

Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

--===============5739376428453973196==--