Subject: [Tigers] Tiger Floor Dry Ice Blasting Alterative

From: Jeff Antosiak via Tigers <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2019 15:53:52 -0500

Let me try this again...

Jim.
I bought an NOS Mini Panel Van replacement body about 20 years ago (now ~40
years old) and the PO had had the whole interior, undercarriage and engine
bay Ziebart undercoated right over the factory primer.  I had a friends
teenage kid (my yard Sherpa) go at it with a heat gun and a putty knife to
remove the bulk of it and then had him use a spray bottle filled with
mineral spirits and paper towels to remove any remaining residue. Worked
great. Spend a few hours on your trunk floor and then have a local media
blaster finish the cleanup if you find it needs to be repainted. You should
come in way under $1000, that is unless you need to repaint. Store all the
soaked towels away from the garage. - Jeff

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Message: 1
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2019 19:56:52 +0000 (UTC)
From: James Armstrong <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Tigers] Tiger information / Dry ice blasting

Hello all,
I bought my Tiger in 1976, and the guy that I bought it from had executed a
new exterior paint job that was really nice (it covered over the rust quite
well!). To hide the surface rust in the trunk, he coated it with some tarry
substance that has NEVER set up; still stickyish. Time to fix this mess.
Several years ago, in Auto Restorer magazine there was an article about a
guy in Colorado that had a Dry Ice Blasting system in the back of his open
bed truck. He could drive to jobs and do the deed. There is a local company
in Salem MA called ServPro (franchise) that quoted me between $ 2200 - $
2400 to dry ice blast the trunk floor of my Tiger. I choked. They said
they'd have to rent a machine, get the dry ice pellets, etc and then do the
deed.
Does anybody know of a company in New England or Eastern Upstate NY that has
a machine and could do it for less that $ 1,000 ?
Jim ArmstrongMk 1A382002083 LRXFECode 86TAC #....
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL:
<http://autox.team.net/pipermail/tigers/attachments/20191230/bbf0c524/attach
ment-0001.htm>

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/tigers http://autox.team.net/archive

Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]