Subject: Re: [Tigers] Tigers Digest, Vol 11, Issue 344

From: Darrell Mountjoy via Tigers <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Dec 2019 16:54:03 -0800

Tom,

I don't know the TV standards, but in the pre-computer days graphic arts
people, AIDs, etc. used a PMS system- Pantone Matching System, which was a
small index about 1-1/2" thick of standardized and color referenced chips.
One could spec out PMS Dl-134 for example, and anyone involved with a
project would know the exact color being referenced.  

>From Google: Search Results
The Pantone Matching System (PMS) is a color standardization system that
helps in color identification and matching. It uses the Pantone numbering
system to identify colors, and through this numbering system printer and
other equipment manufacturers can match colors without having to contact one
another.

Darrell

Message: 1
Date: Thu, 26 Dec 2019 12:28:39 -0800
From: "Tom Witt" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Forest Green

I?m scanning back in my memory to recall Jay?s dad?s Tiger the times I saw
it at Woodley Park (and for that matter when Jay had it at the Calabasas
fire station).  It was, I thought a nice color. Likely my first color of
choice for a factory Tiger color. Like many things Tiger it might be that
each color batch was slightly different. And perhaps different UV exposure
and even waxing treatments alter the shade. For those who know the off term
for the acronym NTSC (Nation Television Standards Committee) you know what I
mean.

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/tigers http://autox.team.net/archive

Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]