Subject: Re: [Tigers] side moulding fasteners reply John Watertor

From: Ron Fraser via Tigers <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 3 Nov 2019 18:09:38 -0500

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

--===============6375170215280855533==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0022_01D59271.DE77A380"
Content-Language: en-us

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0022_01D59271.DE77A380
	charset="utf-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Jim

                Thank you very much for the pictures; this is great.

This is the 1st time I have seen the original parts.

=20

Anyone have a picture of the 2232727 metal rivet or the 7208029 thread =
cutting fastener to complete this set of pictures?

I=E2=80=99m guessing 7208029 is similar to 90304096 but it would be nice =
to know for sure.

=20

Ron Fraser

=20

From: jimdamelio <[email-masked]>=20
Sent: Sunday, November 03, 2019 4:07 PM
To: Ron Fraser <[email-masked]>; 'John Watertor' <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Tigers] side moulding fasteners reply John Watertor

=20

Here's my 2 cents on the fasteners.  The metal rivets were part number =
2232727.  They were available in the late 70's from Chrysler.  I sold =
plenty of them and by mistake sold the ones I was saving for myself.  If =
I remember correctly, Doug Jennings said he had to make a special tip =
for his rivet gun because the rivets were so small.  Then you had to be =
careful to not chip the paint or dent the metal when the rivet went pop.

=20

7096040 were the plastic replacements for 2232727.  Much easier to use.  =
I've sold larger ones of these to replace the rivets on the valance =
panel for the lower grill moulding.

=20

7208008 fixing stud is a plastic 'tee' piece that was used in places =
like the rear of the door and rear quarter. Places that were accessible =
from the back and needed extra holding power.

=20

7208009 sealing bush is a round plastic piece with a step moulded into =
it that slips over the fixing stud.

=20

7208029 thread cutting fastener was superseded to 9034096.  These are =
just sheet metal nuts that screw on to the fixing stud and makes treads =
as it goes. =20

=20

All of the parts begining with 7 were for the Imp.  Of course they held =
the side moulding on.

=20

=20

=20

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

=20

------=_NextPart_000_0022_01D59271.DE77A380
	charset="utf-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; charset=3Dutf-8"><meta =
name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 15 (filtered =
medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:purple;
	text-decoration:underline;}
p.msonormal0, li.msonormal0, div.msonormal0
	{mso-style-name:msonormal;
	mso-margin-top-alt:auto;
	margin-right:0in;
	mso-margin-bottom-alt:auto;
	margin-left:0in;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
span.EmailStyle19
	{mso-style-type:personal;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	color:windowtext;}
span.EmailStyle20
	{mso-style-type:personal-compose;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-size:10.0pt;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US link=3Dblue =
vlink=3Dpurple><div class=3DWordSection1><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Jim<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=
=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0 Thank you very much for the pictures; =
this is great.<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>This is the =
1<sup>st</sup> time I have seen the original parts.<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>Anyone have =
a picture of the 2232727 metal rivet or the 7208029 thread cutting =
fastener to complete this set of pictures?<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>I=E2=80=99m guessing 7208029 is similar to 90304096 =
but it would be nice to know for sure.<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>Ron =
Fraser<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><div><div =
style=3D'border:none;border-top:solid #E1E1E1 1.0pt;padding:3.0pt 0in =
0in 0in'><p class=3DMsoNormal><b>From:</b> jimdamelio =
&lt;[email-masked]&gt; <br><b>Sent:</b> Sunday, November 03, =
2019 4:07 PM<br><b>To:</b> Ron Fraser &lt;[email-masked]&gt;; =
'John Watertor' &lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br><b>Cc:</b> =
[email-masked]<br><b>Subject:</b> Re: [Tigers] side moulding =
fasteners reply John Watertor<o:p></o:p></p></div></div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-family:"Arial",sans-serif'>Here's my 2 cents on the =
fasteners.&nbsp; The metal rivets were part number 2232727.&nbsp; They =
were available in the late 70's from Chrysler.&nbsp; I sold plenty of =
them and by mistake sold the ones I was saving for myself.&nbsp; If I =
remember correctly, Doug Jennings said he had to make a special tip for =
his rivet gun because the rivets were so small.&nbsp; Then you had to be =
careful to not chip the paint or dent the metal when the rivet went =
pop.</span><o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'font-family:"Arial",sans-serif'>7096040 =
were the plastic replacements for 2232727.&nbsp; Much easier to =
use.&nbsp; I've sold larger ones of these to replace the rivets on the =
valance panel for the lower grill =
moulding.</span><o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'font-family:"Arial",sans-serif'>7208008 =
fixing stud is a plastic 'tee' piece that was used in places like the =
rear of the door and rear quarter. Places that were accessible from the =
back and needed extra holding power.</span><o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'font-family:"Arial",sans-serif'>7208009 =
sealing bush is a round plastic piece with a step moulded into it that =
slips over the fixing stud.</span><o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>7208029 thread cutting fastener was superseded to =
9034096.&nbsp; These are just sheet metal nuts that screw on to the =
fixing stud and makes treads as it =
goes.&nbsp;&nbsp;<o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>All of the parts begining with 7 were for the =
Imp.&nbsp; Of course they held the side moulding =
on.<o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p></div><div =
id=3D"composer_signature"><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:9.5pt;color:#575757'>Sent from my Verizon, Samsung =
Galaxy smartphone<o:p></o:p></span></p></div></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p></div></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_0022_01D59271.DE77A380--

--===============6375170215280855533==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/tigers http://autox.team.net/archive

Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

--===============6375170215280855533==--

---

From: Norman Miller via Tigers <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 03 Nov 2019 15:31:11 -0800

--===============8027902526509956167==
	type="multipart/alternative";
	boundary="=====================_24101312==.REL"

--=====================_24101312==.REL
	boundary="=====================_24101312==.ALT"

--=====================_24101312==.ALT

Emacs!

At 03:09 PM 11/3/2019, Ron Fraser via Tigers wrote:
>Anyone have a picture of the 2232727 metal rivet or the 7208029 
>thread cutting fastener to complete this set of pictures?

--=====================_24101312==.ALT

<html>
<body>
<img src="cid:[email-masked]" width=460 height=330 alt="Emacs!">
<font size=3><br>
At 03:09 PM 11/3/2019, Ron Fraser via Tigers wrote:<br>
<blockquote type=cite class=cite cite="">Anyone have a picture of the
2232727 metal rivet or the 7208029 thread cutting fastener to complete
this set of pictures?</font></blockquote></body>
</html>

--=====================_24101312==.ALT--

--=====================_24101312==.REL
Content-ID: <[email-masked]>
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-Disposition: inline; filename="16fbdf8.jpg"

--=====================_24101312==.REL--

--===============8027902526509956167==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============8027902526509956167==--

---

From: Ron Fraser via Tigers <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 3 Nov 2019 19:07:14 -0500

--===============4233619949687279571==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0033_01D59279.EA8090D0"
Content-Language: en-us

------=_NextPart_000_0033_01D59279.EA8090D0
	boundary="----=_NextPart_001_0034_01D59279.EA8090D0"

------=_NextPart_001_0034_01D59279.EA8090D0
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Thank you Norm

Looks like those rivets have a nice raised flare to grab the side mouldings.

I can see where these could be a bear to install or remove.

Ron Fraser

From: Tigers <[email-masked]> On Behalf Of Norman Miller via
Tigers
Sent: Sunday, November 03, 2019 6:31 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Tigers] side moulding fasteners reply John Watertor

Anyone have a picture of the 2232727 metal rivet or the 7208029 thread
cutting fastener to complete this set of pictures?

------=_NextPart_001_0034_01D59279.EA8090D0
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii"><meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 15 =
(filtered medium)"><!--[if !mso]><style>v\:* =
{behavior:url(#default#VML);}
o\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
w\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
.shape {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
</style><![endif]--><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:#0563C1;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:#954F72;
	text-decoration:underline;}
p.msonormal0, li.msonormal0, div.msonormal0
	{mso-style-name:msonormal;
	mso-margin-top-alt:auto;
	margin-right:0in;
	mso-margin-bottom-alt:auto;
	margin-left:0in;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
span.EmailStyle18
	{mso-style-type:personal-reply;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-size:10.0pt;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US =
link=3D"#0563C1" vlink=3D"#954F72"><div class=3DWordSection1><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Thank you Norm<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>Looks like =
those rivets have a nice raised flare to grab the side =
mouldings.<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>I can see where these =
could be a bear to install or remove.<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>Ron =
Fraser<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><div><div =
style=3D'border:none;border-top:solid #E1E1E1 1.0pt;padding:3.0pt 0in =
0in 0in'><p class=3DMsoNormal><b>From:</b> Tigers =
&lt;[email-masked]&gt; <b>On Behalf Of </b>Norman Miller =
via Tigers<br><b>Sent:</b> Sunday, November 03, 2019 6:31 =
PM<br><b>To:</b> [email-masked]<br><b>Subject:</b> Re: [Tigers] =
side moulding fasteners reply John Watertor<o:p></o:p></p></div></div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><img =
width=3D460 height=3D330 style=3D'width:4.7916in;height:3.4375in' =
id=3D"_x0000_i1025" src=3D"cid:[email-masked]" =
alt=3D"Emacs!"><span style=3D'font-size:12.0pt'><br>At 03:09 PM =
11/3/2019, Ron Fraser via Tigers =
wrote:<br><br><o:p></o:p></span></p><blockquote =
style=3D'margin-top:5.0pt;margin-bottom:5.0pt'><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'font-size:12.0pt'>Anyone have a picture =
of the 2232727 metal rivet or the 7208029 thread cutting fastener to =
complete this set of =
pictures?</span><o:p></o:p></p></blockquote></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_001_0034_01D59279.EA8090D0--

------=_NextPart_000_0033_01D59279.EA8090D0
	name="image001.jpg"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-ID: <[email-masked]>

------=_NextPart_000_0033_01D59279.EA8090D0--

--===============4233619949687279571==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============4233619949687279571==--