Subject: [Tigers] hood hinges

From: Richard Hyatt via Tigers <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 24 Nov 2019 14:50:37 -0500

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

--===============6052115502889199965==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0220_01D5A2D6.89296470"
Content-Language: en-us

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0220_01D5A2D6.89296470
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

HI,

I understand there is to be a left and right hood hinge. My car, an early 1A
( 1966 model assembled in 1965) seems to have been assembled with two
identical hinges. In looking at 2  Series 5 Alpines I have they are the
same.both identical hinges. I have a set of hinges from a wreck series 4 and
they have opposite offset bolt pattern where the two bolts reside. What
gives here? Since my car has some round corners and some square on hood,
trunk and doors the assumption is that they were grabbing any leftover parts
at the beginning of the series 1A that ultimately became square corner. I
wonder if the same applies to some hood hinges. Any ideas on this?

Rick

------=_NextPart_000_0220_01D5A2D6.89296470
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><META =
HTTP-EQUIV=3D"Content-Type" CONTENT=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii"><meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 15 =
(filtered medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:#0563C1;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:#954F72;
	text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal-compose;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US =
link=3D"#0563C1" vlink=3D"#954F72"><div class=3DWordSection1><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>HI,<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>I understand =
there is to be a left and right hood hinge. My car, an early 1A ( 1966 =
model assembled in 1965) seems to have been assembled with two identical =
hinges. In looking at 2 &nbsp;Series 5 Alpines I have they are the =
same&#8230;both identical hinges. I have a set of hinges from a wreck =
series 4 and they have opposite offset bolt pattern where the two bolts =
reside. What gives here? Since my car has some round corners and some =
square on hood, trunk and doors the assumption is that they were =
grabbing any leftover parts at the beginning of the series 1A that =
ultimately became square corner. I wonder if the same applies to some =
hood hinges. Any ideas on this?<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Rick<o:p></o:p></p></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_0220_01D5A2D6.89296470--

--===============6052115502889199965==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/tigers http://autox.team.net/archive

Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

--===============6052115502889199965==--