Subject: [Tigers] side moulding clips

From: Ron Fraser via Tigers <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2019 12:07:07 -0500

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

--===============6531392422064682048==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0009_01D5949A.B7F79C30"
Content-Language: en-us

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0009_01D5949A.B7F79C30
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Thanks to all for the pictures.

Like I stated I have never seen the original parts, I was curious so this
was a good education.

I filed down some SS screws for this job.

These parts are listed in Imp line of cars - the parts are plastic. except
for the thread cutting fastener which is steel

Next question - how were the 6 parts assembled?

Anyone still have this assembly on their Tiger?  

Does anyone have a picture of the assembly?

Here is my best guess

7208008 is slid into the side moulding and inserted into the correct body
mounting hole

7208009 is pushed onto the shaft of 7208008 on the inside of the panel -
small diameter end 1st 

7208029 or 9035096 is gently threaded onto the shaft of 7208008 and gently
tightened to seal the bush and apply a pulling force on the moulding

Ron Fraser

------=_NextPart_000_0009_01D5949A.B7F79C30
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii"><meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 15 =
(filtered medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:#0563C1;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:#954F72;
	text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal-compose;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US =
link=3D"#0563C1" vlink=3D"#954F72"><div class=3DWordSection1><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Thanks to all for the pictures.<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Like I stated I have never seen the original parts, I =
was curious so this was a good education.<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>I filed down some SS screws for this =
job.<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>These parts are listed in <b>Imp line of cars</b> - =
the parts are plastic. except for the thread cutting fastener which is =
steel<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Next question &#8211; how were the 6 parts =
assembled?<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>Anyone still have this =
assembly on their Tiger?&nbsp; <o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>Does =
anyone have a picture of the assembly?<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>Here is my =
best guess<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>7208008 is slid into the side moulding and inserted =
into the correct body mounting hole<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>7208009 is pushed onto the shaft of 7208008 on the =
inside of the panel &#8211; small diameter end 1st <o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>7208029 or 9035096 is gently threaded onto the shaft =
of 7208008 and gently tightened to seal the bush and apply a pulling =
force on the moulding<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>Ron =
Fraser<o:p></o:p></p></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_0009_01D5949A.B7F79C30--

--===============6531392422064682048==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/tigers http://autox.team.net/archive

Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

--===============6531392422064682048==--