Subject: Re: [Tigers] Convertible top TYPO

From: Buck Trippel via Tigers <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 25 Aug 2019 08:47:51 -0700

Sorry,

I meant to write... 
	"at speed the STRAP hung limp..."  
	(My brain is still trying to figure out which time zone we're in.)

Buck

-----Original Message-----
From: Tigers <[email-masked]> On Behalf Of Buck Trippel via
Tigers
Sent: Sunday, August 25, 2019 8:28 AM
To: 'Will Seay' <[email-masked]>; 'H B Elam' <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Convertible top

Clyde,

We totaled 4,700 miles on the round trip from Los Angeles to the TEAE United
at La Crosse and virtually all of it had the top up. And virtually no
flapping.

Our Mk1A has a single nylon seatbelt type strap and Velcro on the sides. 

When our Tiger was stopped,  the top was supported by the strap. However at
speed the top hung limp. We had the cowl vents opened the entire time and,
on a few occasions we'd have some flapping. We could eliminate the flapping
by opening or closing the windows.

Buck
mailto:[email-masked]  

From: Tigers <[email-masked]> On Behalf Of Will Seay via
Tigers
Sent: Sunday, August 25, 2019 7:48 AM
To: H B Elam <[email-masked]>
Cc: Tiger Server <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Convertible top

Clyde,
There's only one strap.  In your 1A, the one strap plus Velcro is supposed
to do the job.  Some of the flapping may be because your strap isn't tight
enough.  The front segment of the strap is supposed to be elastic, and as
such will always pull tight between the windshield header and the bow.  Most
after-market straps are non-elastic, typically made of nylon, similar to
seat belt material, and depend on initial fit to provide the correct
tension.  If the strap doesn't provide the right tension, you may have some
flapping.

Will - 382001570 
mailto:[email-masked]

On Sat, Aug 24, 2019 at 3:10 PM H B Elam via Tigers
Clyde, I have had two Tigers and four tops over the past 40 years. All have
had a single strap. At speed some of them have vibrated and others have not.
The longer the tops stay erected in the sun, the better they seem to conform
and refrain from vibration.

Harry
B382002027
B382000471

_______________________________________________

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/tigers http://autox.team.net/archive

Unsubscribe:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/tigers http://autox.team.net/archive

Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

---

From: J D Johnson via Tigers <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2019 16:02:29 -0700

--===============2392288948830751600==
	type="multipart/alternative";
	boundary="=====================_87336410==.REL"

--=====================_87336410==.REL
	boundary="=====================_87336410==.ALT"

--=====================_87336410==.ALT

The ultimate remedy for a "limp STRAP".
Emacs!

J.D.

>         (My brain is still trying to figure out which time zone we're in.)

--=====================_87336410==.ALT

<html>
<body>
<font size=3>The ultimate remedy for a &quot;limp STRAP&quot;.<br>
<img src="cid:[email-masked]" width=800 height=615 alt="Emacs!">
<br><br>
J.D. <br><br>
At 08:47 AM 8/25/2019, Buck Trippel via Tigers wrote:<br>
<blockquote type=cite class=cite cite="">Sorry,<br><br>
I meant to write... <br>
<x-tab>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;</x-tab>&quot;at
speed the STRAP hung limp...&quot;&nbsp; <br>
<x-tab>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;</x-tab>(My brain
is still trying to figure out which time zone we're in.)<br><br>
Buck</font></blockquote></body>
</html>

--=====================_87336410==.ALT--

--=====================_87336410==.REL
Content-ID: <[email-masked]>
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-Disposition: inline; filename="534a001.jpg"

--=====================_87336410==.REL--

--===============2392288948830751600==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============2392288948830751600==--