Subject: [Tigers] Speedo cable lubing

From: coolvt--- via Tigers <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2019 19:46:33 +0000 (UTC)

--===============4904296117032507023==
	boundary="----=_Part_292171_2051233715.1562960793655"

------=_Part_292171_2051233715.1562960793655
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Trying to lube a jumpy cable. I have a 5 speed and the speedo cable=C2=A0 (=
the round piece surrounding the cable)=C2=A0 is stuck really good in the tr=
ansmission. Right now it isn't coming out.=C2=A0 Is there a way to lube fro=
m the top that might work its way down to the middle?=C2=A0 I have a motorc=
ycle cable lubricator (that forces oil into the sheathing)=C2=A0 but it won=
't fit on the top of the speed cable. Thanks in advance for any ideas.

Mark LPS=C2=A0 If anyone has ever dealt with the cable being stuck in a 5 s=
peed and the solution for removing, I would appreciate the advice.
------=_Part_292171_2051233715.1562960793655
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

<div>
<div class="userEdit" style="font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12pt; color: #000000;">
<div><span style="font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12pt; color: #000000;">Trying to lube a jumpy cable. I have a 5 speed and the speedo cable&nbsp; (the round piece surrounding the cable)&nbsp; is stuck really good in the transmission. Right now it isn't coming out.&nbsp; Is there a way to lube from the top that might work its way down to the middle?&nbsp; I have a motorcycle cable lubricator (that forces oil into the sheathing)&nbsp; but it won't fit on the top of the speed cable. Thanks in advance for any ideas.<br><br></span></div>
<div><span style="font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12pt; color: #000000;">Mark L</span></div>
<div><span style="font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12pt; color: #000000;">PS&nbsp; If anyone has ever dealt with the cable being stuck in a 5 speed and the solution for removing, I would appreciate the advice.</span></div>
</div>
</div>
------=_Part_292171_2051233715.1562960793655--

--===============4904296117032507023==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/tigers http://autox.team.net/archive

Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

--===============4904296117032507023==--

---

From: Tom Witt via Tigers <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2019 14:17:14 -0700

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

--===============8937936085216447994==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0095_01D538BC.80AEE3D0"

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0095_01D538BC.80AEE3D0
	charset="UTF-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Often times it is more than just a lack of lubrication but a gunked up cabl=
e/sheath as well. Ideally the removal of the whole cable/sheath itself, run=
ning a cleaning solution through the sheath, cleaning the cable and then lu=
be and reinstall is recommended. And a word of warning, If you opt to leave=
 the sheath attached to the car and pull the cable out from under the dash =
be very cautious not to get ANY of the lubrication on the interior.  I beli=
eve one of the lubricating substances is graphite.  Also, I don=E2=80=99t r=
ecall  how the cable ends are configured but often there is a fitting on on=
e end and they can only be removed one way. On the Tiger they might be the =
same. 16 MB memory in a 16 GB world.

From: coolvt--- via Tigers 
Sent: Friday, July 12, 2019 12:46 PM
To: [email-masked] 
Subject: [Tigers] Speedo cable lubing

Trying to lube a jumpy cable. I have a 5 speed and the speedo cable  (the r=
ound piece surrounding the cable)  is stuck really good in the transmission=
=2E Right now it isn't coming out.  Is there a way to lube from the top tha=
t might work its way down to the middle?  I have a motorcycle cable lubrica=
tor (that forces oil into the sheathing)  but it won't fit on the top of th=
e speed cable. Thanks in advance for any ideas.

Mark L
PS  If anyone has ever dealt with the cable being stuck in a 5 speed and th=
e solution for removing, I would appreciate the advice.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------=
-----
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/tigers http://autox.team.net/archive=

Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/atwittsend@verizo=
n.net

---
This email has been checked for viruses by AVG.
https://www.avg.com

------=_NextPart_000_0095_01D538BC.80AEE3D0
	charset="UTF-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<HTML><HEAD></HEAD>
<BODY dir=3Dltr>
<DIV dir=3Dltr>
<DIV style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: 'Calibri'; COLOR: #000000">
<DIV>Often times it is more than just a lack of lubrication but a gunked up=
 
cable/sheath as well. Ideally the removal of the whole cable/sheath itself,=
 
running a cleaning solution through the sheath, cleaning the cable and then=
 lube 
and reinstall is recommended. And a word of warning, If you opt to leave th=
e 
sheath attached to the car and pull the cable out from under the dash be ve=
ry 
cautious not to get ANY of the lubrication on the interior.&nbsp; I believe=
 one 
of the lubricating substances is graphite.&nbsp; Also, I don=E2=80=99t reca=
ll&nbsp; how 
the cable ends are configured but often there is a fitting on one end and t=
hey 
can only be removed one way. On the Tiger they might be the same. 16 MB mem=
ory 
in a 16 GB world.</DIV>
<DIV 
style=3D'FONT-SIZE: small; TEXT-DECORATION: none; FONT-FAMILY: "Calibri"; F=
ONT-WEIGHT: normal; COLOR: #000000; FONT-STYLE: normal; DISPLAY: inline'>
<DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt tahoma">
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV style=3D"BACKGROUND: #f5f5f5">
<DIV style=3D"font-color: black"><B>From:</B> <A title=[email-masked].=
net 
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">coolvt--- via Tigers</A> </DIV>
<DIV><B>Sent:</B> Friday, July 12, 2019 12:46 PM</DIV>
<DIV><B>To:</B> <A title=[email-masked] 
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</A> </DIV>
<DIV><B>Subject:</B> [Tigers] Speedo cable lubing</DIV></DIV></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV></DIV>
<DIV 
style=3D'FONT-SIZE: small; TEXT-DECORATION: none; FONT-FAMILY: "Calibri"; F=
ONT-WEIGHT: normal; COLOR: #000000; FONT-STYLE: normal; DISPLAY: inline'>
<DIV>
<DIV class=3DuserEdit 
style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; COLOR:=
 #000000">
<DIV><SPAN 
style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; COLOR:=
 #000000">Trying 
to lube a jumpy cable. I have a 5 speed and the speedo cable&nbsp; (the rou=
nd 
piece surrounding the cable)&nbsp; is stuck really good in the transmission=
=2E 
Right now it isn't coming out.&nbsp; Is there a way to lube from the top th=
at 
might work its way down to the middle?&nbsp; I have a motorcycle cable 
lubricator (that forces oil into the sheathing)&nbsp; but it won't fit on t=
he 
top of the speed cable. Thanks in advance for any ideas.<BR><BR></SPAN></DI=
V>
<DIV><SPAN 
style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; COLOR:=
 #000000">Mark 
L</SPAN></DIV>
<DIV><SPAN 
style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; COLOR:=
 #000000">PS&nbsp; 
If anyone has ever dealt with the cable being stuck in a 5 speed and the 
solution for removing, I would appreciate the advice.</SPAN></DIV></DIV></D=
IV>
<P>
<HR>
_______________________________________________<BR><BR>[email-masked]=
t<BR><BR>Donate: 
igers 
http://autox.team.net/archive<BR><BR>Unsubscribe: 
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]<BR><BR>=
<BR></DIV></DIV></DIV><div id=3D"DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2"><br =
/>
<table style=3D"border-top: 1px solid #D3D4DE;">
	<tr>
        <td style=3D"width: 55px; padding-top: 13px;"><a href=3D"http://www=
=2Eavg.com/email-signature?utm_medium=3Demail&utm_source=3Dlink&utm_campaig=
n=3Dsig-email&utm_content=3Demailclient" target=3D"_blank"><img src=3D"http=
s://ipmcdn.avast.com/images/icons/icon-envelope-tick-green-avg-v1.png" alt=
=3D""  width=3D"46" height=3D"29" style=3D"width: 46px; height: 29px;" /></=
a></td>
		<td style=3D"width: 470px; padding-top: 12px; color: #41424e; font-size: =
13px; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; line-height: 18px;">Virus-=
free. <a href=3D"http://www.avg.com/email-signature?utm_medium=3Demail&utm_=
source=3Dlink&utm_campaign=3Dsig-email&utm_content=3Demailclient" target=3D=
"_blank" style=3D"color: #4453ea;">www.avg.com</a>
		</td>
	</tr>
</table><a href=3D"#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2" width=3D"1" heigh=
t=3D"1"> </a></div></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0095_01D538BC.80AEE3D0--

--===============8937936085216447994==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============8937936085216447994==--

---

From: coolvt--- via Tigers <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2019 21:45:53 +0000 (UTC)

--===============4140385684740565389==
	boundary="----=_Part_351869_139553212.1562967953017"

------=_Part_351869_139553212.1562967953017
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Many of the motorcycle cable sheaths are teflon lined. It eventually will w=
ear out.=C2=A0 I thought if I could at least get some lube in there it migh=
t help.=C2=A0 Was no problem last fall when car was put away.=C2=A0 Jumping=
 showed up after 6 months of storage.=C2=A0 Mark

In a message dated 7/12/2019 5:23:21 PM Eastern Standard Time, tigers@autox=
.team.net writes:
Often times it is more than just a lack of lubrication but a gunked up cabl=
e/sheath as well. Ideally the removal of the whole cable/sheath itself, run=
ning a cleaning solution through the sheath, cleaning the cable and then lu=
be and reinstall is recommended. And a word of warning, If you opt to leave=
 the sheath attached to the car and pull the cable out from under the dash =
be very cautious not to get ANY of the lubrication on the interior.=C2=A0 I=
 believe one of the lubricating substances is graphite.=C2=A0 Also, I don=
=E2=80=99t recall=C2=A0 how the cable ends are configured but often there i=
s a fitting on one end and they can only be removed one way. On the Tiger t=
hey might be the same. 16 MB memory in a 16 GB world.
From: coolvt--- via TigersSent: Friday, July 12, 2019 12:46 PMTo: tigers@au=
tox.team.netSubject: [Tigers] Speedo cable lubing
Trying to lube a jumpy cable. I have a 5 speed and the speedo cable=C2=A0 (=
the round piece surrounding the cable)=C2=A0 is stuck really good in the tr=
ansmission. Right now it isn't coming out.=C2=A0 Is there a way to lube fro=
m the top that might work its way down to the middle?=C2=A0 I have a motorc=
ycle cable lubricator (that forces oil into the sheathing)=C2=A0 but it won=
't fit on the top of the speed cable. Thanks in advance for any ideas.

=C2=A0

[email-masked]

|  | Virus-free. www.avg.com |

[email-masked]

Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

------=_Part_351869_139553212.1562967953017
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

<div>
<div class="userEdit" style="font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12pt; color: #000000;">
<div><span style="font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12pt; color: #000000;">Many of the motorcycle cable sheaths are teflon lined. It eventually will wear out.&nbsp; I thought if I could at least get some lube in there it might help.&nbsp; Was no problem last fall when car was put away.&nbsp; Jumping showed up after 6 months of storage.&nbsp; Mark<br><br></span></div>
</div>
In a message dated 7/12/2019 5:23:21 PM Eastern Standard Time, [email-masked] writes:
<div><br></div>
<div id="yiv6546611568">
<div dir="ltr">
<div dir="ltr">
<div style="font-size: 12pt; font-family: 'Calibri'; color: #000000;">
<div>Often times it is more than just a lack of lubrication but a gunked up cable/sheath as well. Ideally the removal of the whole cable/sheath itself, running a cleaning solution through the sheath, cleaning the cable and then lube and reinstall is recommended. And a word of warning, If you opt to leave the sheath attached to the car and pull the cable out from under the dash be very cautious not to get ANY of the lubrication on the interior.&nbsp; I believe one of the lubricating substances is graphite.&nbsp; Also, I don&rsquo;t recall&nbsp; how the cable ends are configured but often there is a fitting on one end and they can only be removed one way. On the Tiger they might be the same. 16 MB memory in a 16 GB world.</div>
<div style="font-size: small; text-decoration: none;">
<div style="font: 10pt tahoma;">
<div><br></div>
<div id="yiv6546611568yqt70306" class="yiv6546611568yqt2848014076">
<div style="background: #f5f5f5;">
<div><strong>From:</strong> <a title="[email-masked]" href="mailto:[email-masked]" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" shape="rect">coolvt--- via Tigers</a></div>
<div><strong>Sent:</strong> Friday, July 12, 2019 12:46 PM</div>
<div><strong>To:</strong> <a title="[email-masked]" href="mailto:[email-masked]" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" shape="rect">[email-masked]</a></div>
<div><strong>Subject:</strong> [Tigers] Speedo cable lubing</div>
</div>
</div>
</div>
<div id="yiv6546611568yqt67010" class="yiv6546611568yqt2848014076">
<div><br></div>
</div>
</div>
<div id="yiv6546611568yqt58975" class="yiv6546611568yqt2848014076">
<div style="font-size: small; text-decoration: none;">
<div>
<div class="yiv6546611568userEdit" style="font-size: 12pt; font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; color: #000000;">
<div><span style="font-size: 12pt; font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; color: #000000;">Trying to lube a jumpy cable. I have a 5 speed and the speedo cable&nbsp; (the round piece surrounding the cable)&nbsp; is stuck really good in the transmission. Right now it isn't coming out.&nbsp; Is there a way to lube from the top that might work its way down to the middle?&nbsp; I have a motorcycle cable lubricator (that forces oil into the sheathing)&nbsp; but it won't fit on the top of the speed cable. Thanks in advance for any ideas.<br clear="none"><br clear="none"></span></div>
<div><span style="font-size: 12pt; font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; color: #000000;">Mark L</span></div>
<div><span style="font-size: 12pt; font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; color: #000000;">PS&nbsp; If anyone has ever dealt with the cable being stuck in a 5 speed and the solution for removing, I would appreciate the advice.</span></div>
</div>
</div>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<hr>_______________________________________________<br clear="none"><br clear="none"><a href="mailto:[email-masked]" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">[email-masked]</a><br clear="none"><br clear="none">Donate: <a href="http://www.team.net/donate.html" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br clear="none">Archive: <a href="http://www.team.net/pipermail/tigers" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">http://www.team.net/pipermail/tigers</a> <a href="http://autox.team.net/archive" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">http://autox.team.net/archive</a><br clear="none"><br clear="none">Unsubscribe: <a href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]</a><br clear="none"><br clear="none"><br clear="none"></div>
</div>
</div>
</div>
<div id="yiv6546611568DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2"><br clear="none">
<table style="border-top: 1px solid #D3D4DE;">
<tbody>
<tr>
<td style="width: 55px; padding-top: 13px;" colspan="1" rowspan="1"><a href="http://www.avg.com/email-signature?utm_medium=email&amp;utm_source=link&amp;utm_campaign=sig-email&amp;utm_content=emailclient" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" shape="rect"><img style="width: 46px; min-height: 29px;" src="https://ipmcdn.avast.com/images/icons/icon-envelope-tick-green-avg-v1.png" alt="" width="46" height="29"></a></td>
<td style="width: 470px; padding-top: 12px; color: #41424e; font-size: 13px; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; line-height: 18px;" colspan="1" rowspan="1">Virus-free. <a style="color: #4453ea;" href="http://www.avg.com/email-signature?utm_medium=email&amp;utm_source=link&amp;utm_campaign=sig-email&amp;utm_content=emailclient" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" shape="rect">www.avg.com</a></td>
</tr>
</tbody>
</table>
</div>
</div>
</div>
<div id="yqt34307" class="yqt2848014076">_______________________________________________<br clear="none"><br clear="none"><a href="mailto:[email-masked]" rel="noopener noreferrer" shape="rect">[email-masked]</a><br clear="none"><br clear="none">Donate: <a href="http://www.team.net/donate.html" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" shape="rect">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br clear="none">Archive: <a href="http://www.team.net/pipermail/tigers" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" shape="rect">http://www.team.net/pipermail/tigers </a><a href="http://autox.team.net/archive" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" shape="rect">http://autox.team.net/archive</a><br clear="none"><br clear="none">Unsubscribe: <a href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" shape="rect">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]</a><br clear="none"><br clear="none"><br clear="none"></div>
</div>
------=_Part_351869_139553212.1562967953017--

--===============4140385684740565389==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============4140385684740565389==--