Subject: [Tigers] Mexican Block

From: Larry Mayfield via Tigers <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 13 Jul 2019 11:12:24 -0700

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

--===============7048326536624638609==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0001_01D5396B.DB74B380"
Content-Language: en-us

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0001_01D5396B.DB74B380
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

One upon a time I acquired a complete Ford "Mexican" 302 motor. For about
500 bucks.  I purchased it in Pilot Point , Texas and picked it up there.
In 2011.  I removed the intake manifold and heads to verify. Yes, Hecho en
Mexico and with the S side lump on the front of the block. I checked today
that it rotated,  with no noise, with a wrench. I checked to see if it had
been bored before and the cylinders are as left the manufacturing plant at
nominal 4.000 inch give or take a smidge. There is a very very small ridge
as normal of small small block with miles. Certainly to me it could be ridge
removed and honed and it would work .  I have not even removed the oil pan,
lol, oil filter  or water pump or other than the intake and heads.   

I am ready to release back into the wilds. If you need a Mex block for a
project  make me an offer  and drop in and pick it up.  If you need
confirmation ask me for photos of the cast hecho in mexico  in the lifter
valley and lump on the block. You will need to pick it up with your
transport carriage of some sort.  I can load it into your pickup with my
engine stand.  Heads tossed in free of charge as well as intake if I can
find it. 

Make me a reasonable offer. No give away but reasonable.  Would make a
strong basis for a stroker engine for you LSR or Tiger project. 

mayf

_________________________
drmayf
Worlds Fastest Sunbeam, period.
204.913 mph flying mile average speed
210.779 mph exit (not top)  speed

------=_NextPart_000_0001_01D5396B.DB74B380
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii"><meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 15 =
(filtered medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:#0563C1;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:#954F72;
	text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal-compose;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US =
link=3D"#0563C1" vlink=3D"#954F72"><div class=3DWordSection1><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>One upon a time I acquired a complete Ford =
&#8220;Mexican&#8221; 302 motor. For about 500 bucks. &nbsp;I purchased =
it in Pilot Point , Texas and picked it up there. &nbsp;In 2011.&nbsp; I =
removed the intake manifold and heads to verify. Yes, Hecho en Mexico =
and with the S side lump on the front of the block. I checked today that =
it rotated, &nbsp;with no noise, with a wrench. I checked to see if it =
had been bored before and the cylinders are as left the manufacturing =
plant at nominal 4.000 inch give or take a smidge. There is a very very =
small ridge as normal of small small block with miles. Certainly to me =
it could be ridge removed and honed and it would work .&nbsp; I have not =
even removed the oil pan, lol, oil filter &nbsp;or water pump or other =
than the intake and heads.&nbsp;&nbsp; <o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>I am ready =
to release back into the wilds. If you need a Mex block for a =
project&nbsp; make me an offer &nbsp;and drop in and pick it up.&nbsp; =
If you need confirmation ask me for photos of the cast hecho in =
mexico&nbsp; in the lifter valley and lump on the block. You will need =
to pick it up with your transport carriage of some sort.&nbsp; I can =
load it into your pickup with my engine stand.&nbsp; Heads tossed in =
free of charge as well as intake if I can find it. <o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>Make me a =
reasonable offer. No give away but reasonable. &nbsp;Would make a strong =
basis for a stroker engine for you LSR or Tiger project. =
<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>mayf<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>_________________________<br>drmayf<br><b><span =
style=3D'color:red'>Worlds Fastest Sunbeam, period</span></b>.<br><span =
style=3D'color:#2E74B5'>204.913 mph flying mile average =
speed</span><br><span style=3D'color:#7030A0'>210.779 mph exit (not =
top)&nbsp; speed</span><o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_0001_01D5396B.DB74B380--

--===============7048326536624638609==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/tigers http://autox.team.net/archive

Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

--===============7048326536624638609==--