Subject: [Tigers] Waist roll clip replacement

From: Tom Parker via Tigers <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2019 16:47:20 -0400

--===============6563695864752540809==

--000000000000fa9c7d058e736a21

I finally got to start replacing the broken clips on the Tiger's Waist Roll
(The vinyl covered roll at the back of the passenger compartment.)

And I ran into a problem right off the bat. The roll is a band of @ 1/8" x
2" flexible "hard" plastic; the clips are spring steel with 2 @ 3/16"
mounting
holes that mount thru @ 3/16" holes in the band by way of 2 "split" nails @
1/8" in diameter. The band is padded, and covered in vinyl.
The problem is I can't find a source for the nails, and my attempt at using
steel 1/8" rivets failed. I have the clips thanks to Rick at SS;
There's no apparent source for the nails on the internet. Nothing found in
the Tiger parts catalog.
So... Does anyone know where to get the nails?

Tom Parker
'67 Mark 2

--000000000000fa9c7d058e736a21
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"ltr">I finally got to start replacing the broken clips on the T=
iger&#39;s Waist Roll (The vinyl covered roll at the back of the passenger =
compartment.)<div><br></div><div>And I ran into a problem right off the bat=
. The roll is a band of=C2=A0@ 1/8&quot; x 2&quot; flexible &quot;hard&quot=
; plastic; the clips are spring steel with 2=C2=A0@ 3/16&quot; mounting=C2=
=A0</div><div>holes that mount thru @ 3/16&quot; holes in the band by way o=
f 2 &quot;split&quot; nails @ 1/8&quot; in diameter. The band is padded, an=
d covered in vinyl.=C2=A0</div><div>The problem is I can&#39;t find a sourc=
e for the nails, and my attempt at using steel 1/8&quot; rivets failed. I h=
ave the clips thanks to Rick at SS;=C2=A0</div><div>There&#39;s no apparent=
 source for the nails on the internet. Nothing found in the Tiger parts cat=
alog.</div><div>So... Does anyone know where to get the nails?<br></div><di=
v><br></div><div>Tom Parker</div><div>&#39;67 Mark 2</div></div>

--000000000000fa9c7d058e736a21--

--===============6563695864752540809==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/tigers http://autox.team.net/archive

Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

--===============6563695864752540809==--