Subject: [Tigers] Mexican Block Info updae

From: Larry Mayfield via Tigers <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2019 17:38:55 -0700

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

--===============4510633536650649729==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_004F_01D53B34.2E3B8B10"
Content-Language: en-us

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_004F_01D53B34.2E3B8B10
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Tried sending photos and it bombed out, lol.  So if you want photos, I can
send direct if y9ou request them. Will reply with the photos. 

From: Larry Mayfield [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Monday, July 15, 2019 11:20 AM
To: Tiger List ([email-masked]) <[email-masked]>
Subject: Mexican Block Info updae

I have additional information on the block. 

Stamped on the driver's side deck pad, where the date code goes is  "0K2" 

Stamped on the seal area at the rear of the lifter valley above the bel
housing attach is what appears to be the Vin or engine number  "F178256"

Cast into the block  is "D1ZM-6015-AA"  and below that is  "2-0K" which is
backwards of the stamped number.

I understand that the rods are different from normal Ford 302 engines as
well as are the main caps. Main caps in photos I have seen appear to be cast
steel not cast iron. True? 

I verified that the head bolt holes are blind and thus much stronger than
normal 302. 

If you are interested in photos send request and I will send directly to
you. 

I have not removed the pan. I have the heads and head bolts plus the intake
manifold should you desire those as included with a purchase price. I don't
want them, lol. Pushrods as well. 

Best if sold to NV,  Arizona or SoCal area. Make me an offer soon as I will
post on LSR FB page maybe in a day or two. Prefer for it to go to a Tiger
family for a very strong foundation to a super street motor.  But, I want it
gone.  Make me an reasonable  offer. Contact me then come and get it. Engine
stand not included, lol. 

mayf

_________________________
drmayf
Worlds Fastest Sunbeam, period.
204.913 mph flying mile average speed
210.779 mph exit (not top)  speed

 

One upon a time I acquired a complete Ford "Mexican" 302 motor. For about
500 bucks.  I purchased it in Pilot Point , Texas and picked it up there.
In 2011.  I removed the intake manifold and heads to verify. Yes, Hecho en
Mexico and with the S side lump on the front of the block. I checked today
that it rotated,  with no noise, with a wrench. I checked to see if it had
been bored before and the cylinders are as left the manufacturing plant at
nominal 4.000 inch give or take a smidge. There is a very very small ridge
as normal of small small block with miles. Certainly to me it could be ridge
removed and honed and it would work .  I have not even removed the oil pan,
lol, oil filter  or water pump or other than the intake and heads.   

I am ready to release back into the wilds. If you need a Mex block for a
project  make me an offer  and drop in and pick it up.  If you need
confirmation ask me for photos of the cast hecho in mexico  in the lifter
valley and lump on the block. You will need to pick it up with your
transport carriage of some sort.  I can load it into your pickup with my
engine stand.  Heads tossed in free of charge as well as intake if I can
find it. 

Make me a reasonable offer. No give away but reasonable.  Would make a
strong basis for a stroker engine for you LSR or Tiger project. 

mayf

_________________________
drmayf
Worlds Fastest Sunbeam, period.
204.913 mph flying mile average speed
210.779 mph exit (not top)  speed

------=_NextPart_000_004F_01D53B34.2E3B8B10
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><META =
HTTP-EQUIV=3D"Content-Type" CONTENT=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii"><meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 15 =
(filtered medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:#0563C1;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:#954F72;
	text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	color:windowtext;}
span.EmailStyle18
	{mso-style-type:personal;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	color:#1F497D;}
span.EmailStyle19
	{mso-style-type:personal-reply;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	color:#993366;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-size:10.0pt;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US =
link=3D"#0563C1" vlink=3D"#954F72"><div class=3DWordSection1><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'color:#993366'>Tried sending photos and =
it bombed out, lol.&nbsp; So if you want photos, I can send direct if =
y9ou request them. Will reply with the photos. <o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><a name=3D"_MailEndCompose"><span =
style=3D'color:#993366'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></a></p><div><div =
style=3D'border:none;border-top:solid #E1E1E1 1.0pt;padding:3.0pt 0in =
0in 0in'><p class=3DMsoNormal><b>From:</b> Larry Mayfield =
[mailto:[email-masked]] <br><b>Sent:</b> Monday, July 15, 2019 11:20 =
AM<br><b>To:</b> Tiger List ([email-masked]) =
&lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br><b>Subject:</b> Mexican Block Info =
updae<o:p></o:p></p></div></div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'color:#1F497D'>I have additional information on the block. =
<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'color:#1F497D'>Stamped on the driver&#8217;s side deck pad, =
where the date code goes is&nbsp; &#8220;0K2&#8221; =
<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'color:#1F497D'>Stamped on the seal area at the rear of the =
lifter valley above the bel housing attach is what appears to be the Vin =
or engine number&nbsp; &#8220;F178256&#8221;<o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'color:#1F497D'>Cast into the =
block&nbsp; is &#8220;D1ZM-6015-AA&#8221; &nbsp;and below that is =
&nbsp;&#8220;2-0K&#8221; which is backwards of the stamped =
number.<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'color:#1F497D'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'color:#1F497D'>I understand that the =
rods are different from normal Ford 302 engines as well as are the main =
caps. Main caps in photos I have seen appear to be cast steel not cast =
iron. True? <o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'color:#1F497D'>I verified that the head bolt holes are blind =
and thus much stronger than normal 302. <o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'color:#1F497D'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'color:#1F497D'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'color:#993366'> </span><span =
style=3D'color:#1F497D'>If</span><span style=3D'color:#993366'> =
</span><span style=3D'color:#1F497D'>you are interested </span><span =
style=3D'color:#993366'>in photos </span><span =
style=3D'color:#1F497D'>send request and I will send directly to you. =
<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'color:#1F497D'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'color:#1F497D'>I have not removed the =
pan. I have the heads and head bolts plus the intake manifold should you =
desire those as included with a purchase price. I don&#8217;t want them, =
lol. Pushrods as well. <o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'color:#1F497D'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'color:#1F497D'>Best if sold to NV, =
&nbsp;Arizona or SoCal area. Make me an offer soon as I will post on LSR =
FB page maybe in a day or two. Prefer for it to go to a Tiger family for =
a very strong foundation to a super street motor. &nbsp;But, I want it =
gone.&nbsp; Make me an reasonable &nbsp;offer. Contact me then come and =
get it. Engine stand not included, lol. <o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'color:#1F497D'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'color:#1F497D'>mayf<o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'color:#1F497D'>_________________________<br>drmayf<br></span><b>=
<span style=3D'color:red'>Worlds Fastest Sunbeam, period</span></b><span =
style=3D'color:#1F497D'>.<br></span><span =
style=3D'color:#2E74B5'>204.913 mph flying mile average =
speed</span><span style=3D'color:#1F497D'><br></span><span =
style=3D'color:#7030A0'>210.779 mph exit (not top)&nbsp; =
speed</span><span style=3D'color:#1F497D'><o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'color:#1F497D'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'color:#1F497D'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'color:#1F497D'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><div><div =
style=3D'border:none;border-top:solid #E1E1E1 1.0pt;padding:3.0pt 0in =
0in 0in'><p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p></div></div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>One upon a =
time I acquired a complete Ford &#8220;Mexican&#8221; 302 motor. For =
about 500 bucks. &nbsp;I purchased it in Pilot Point , Texas and picked =
it up there. &nbsp;In 2011.&nbsp; I removed the intake manifold and =
heads to verify. Yes, Hecho en Mexico and with the S side lump on the =
front of the block. I checked today that it rotated, &nbsp;with no =
noise, with a wrench. I checked to see if it had been bored before and =
the cylinders are as left the manufacturing plant at nominal 4.000 inch =
give or take a smidge. There is a very very small ridge as normal of =
small small block with miles. Certainly to me it could be ridge removed =
and honed and it would work .&nbsp; I have not even removed the oil pan, =
lol, oil filter &nbsp;or water pump or other than the intake and =
heads.&nbsp;&nbsp; <o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>I am ready =
to release back into the wilds. If you need a Mex block for a =
project&nbsp; make me an offer &nbsp;and drop in and pick it up.&nbsp; =
If you need confirmation ask me for photos of the cast hecho in =
mexico&nbsp; in the lifter valley and lump on the block. You will need =
to pick it up with your transport carriage of some sort.&nbsp; I can =
load it into your pickup with my engine stand.&nbsp; Heads tossed in =
free of charge as well as intake if I can find it. <o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>Make me a =
reasonable offer. No give away but reasonable. &nbsp;Would make a strong =
basis for a stroker engine for you LSR or Tiger project. =
<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>mayf<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>_________________________<br>drmayf<br><b><span =
style=3D'color:red'>Worlds Fastest Sunbeam, period</span></b>.<br><span =
style=3D'color:#2E74B5'>204.913 mph flying mile average =
speed</span><br><span style=3D'color:#7030A0'>210.779 mph exit (not =
top)&nbsp; speed</span><o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_004F_01D53B34.2E3B8B10--

--===============4510633536650649729==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/tigers http://autox.team.net/archive

Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

--===============4510633536650649729==--