Subject: [Tigers] dual circuit master cylinder options?

From: Richard Hyatt via Tigers <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2019 09:58:29 -0400

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

--===============6976832964847431490==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_02F2_01D4F43A.F2311350"
Content-Language: en-us

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_02F2_01D4F43A.F2311350
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

HI,

I wondered if any had converted their tiger to a dual circuit brake master
cylinder. If so, which type and year worked well for you. Two issues seem to
be plaguing my attempt to do this. I tried using a 1980 Datsun 280z master
cylinder, This uses a loose rod to actuate it meaning the brake deal must
have a stop  or a custom push rod and modification to the master cylinder to
keep the rod in place when letting off the brake pedal. The second issue is
that I had all custom brake lines made for my conversion to Wilwood disks
all around but 2 attempts to get correct flare/fitting combination at the
new master cylinder have failed. Still have leaks. Not sure if the supplier
has used proper flare and fitting despite the info I provided. Any thoughts
on a better arrangement? Thanks.

Rick

------=_NextPart_000_02F2_01D4F43A.F2311350
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii"><meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 15 =
(filtered medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:#0563C1;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:#954F72;
	text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal-compose;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US =
link=3D"#0563C1" vlink=3D"#954F72"><div class=3DWordSection1><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>HI,<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>I wondered if =
any had converted their tiger to a dual circuit brake master cylinder. =
If so, which type and year worked well for you. Two issues seem to be =
plaguing my attempt to do this. I tried using a 1980 Datsun 280z master =
cylinder, This uses a loose rod to actuate it meaning the brake deal =
must have a stop &nbsp;or a custom push rod and modification to the =
master cylinder to keep the rod in place when letting off the brake =
pedal. The second issue is that I had all custom brake lines made for my =
conversion to Wilwood disks all around but 2 attempts to get correct =
flare/fitting combination at the new master cylinder have failed. Still =
have leaks. Not sure if the supplier has used proper flare and fitting =
despite the info I provided. Any thoughts on a better arrangement? =
Thanks.<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Rick<o:p></o:p></p></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_02F2_01D4F43A.F2311350--

--===============6976832964847431490==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/tigers http://autox.team.net/archive

Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

--===============6976832964847431490==--