Subject: [Tigers] disc brake splash guard differences, side to side, & Tiger Vs. Alpine

From: James Armstrong via Tigers <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2019 23:16:57 +0000 (UTC)

--===============1362499633670342932==
	boundary="----=_Part_121011_125247184.1548285417667"

------=_Part_121011_125247184.1548285417667
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Help!
In attempting to source a driver's side (disk) brake splash guard, I find t=
here are different part numbersside to side
Tiger Driver (left)=C2=A0 1224629Tiger Pass. (right) 1224628
But Alpines are different from Tigers and different side to side:Alpine Dri=
ver (left) 1206257Alpine Pass. (right) 1206256
First, what is the difference, if any between the Tiger and the Alpine? And=
 then what is the differencebetween splash guards, side to side?
Rick had one that matched the extra one I have at home and one that had an =
extra section relieved on the partopposite the major cut-out.
Double help!
Jim ArmstrongMk 1A382002083 LRXFECode 86TAC #....
------=_Part_121011_125247184.1548285417667
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

<div>
<div class="userEdit mceEditable" style="font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 10pt; color: #000000;">
<div><span style="font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 10pt; color: #000000;"><br>Help!</span></div>
<div><br></div>
<div><span style="font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 10pt; color: #000000;">In attempting to source a driver's side (disk) brake splash guard, I find there are different part numbers</span></div>
<div><span style="font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 10pt; color: #000000;">side to side<br></span></div>
<div><span style="font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 10pt; color: #000000;">Tiger Driver (left)&nbsp; 1224629</span></div>
<div><span style="font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 10pt; color: #000000;">Tiger Pass. (right) 1224628</span></div>
<div><br></div>
<div><span style="font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 10pt; color: #000000;">But Alpines are different from Tigers and different side to side:</span></div>
<div><span style="font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 10pt; color: #000000;">Alpine Driver (left) 1206257</span></div>
<div><span style="font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 10pt; color: #000000;">Alpine Pass. (right) 1206256</span></div>
<div><br></div>
<div><span style="font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 10pt; color: #000000;">First, what is the difference, if any between the Tiger and the Alpine? And then what is the difference</span></div>
<div><span style="font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 10pt; color: #000000;">between splash guards, side to side?</span></div>
<div><br></div>
<div><span style="font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 10pt; color: #000000;">Rick had one that matched the extra one I have at home and one that had an extra section relieved on the part</span></div>
<div><span style="font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 10pt; color: #000000;">opposite the major cut-out.</span></div>
<div><br></div>
<div><span style="font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 10pt; color: #000000;">Double help!</span></div>
<div><span style="font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 10pt; color: #000000; background-color: #ffffff;"><br></span></div>
</div>
<div class="aoldesktop_signature">
<div>Jim Armstrong</div>
<div>Mk 1A</div>
<div>382002083 LRXFE</div>
<div>Code 86</div>
<div>TAC #....</div>
</div>
</div>
------=_Part_121011_125247184.1548285417667--

--===============1362499633670342932==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/tigers http://autox.team.net/archive

Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

--===============1362499633670342932==--

---

From: Ron Fraser via Tigers <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2019 23:08:27 -0500

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

--===============7965236784499704164==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0006_01D4B370.900EB8E0"
Content-Language: en-us

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0006_01D4B370.900EB8E0
	charset="UTF-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Jim

=20

The brake splash guards are always handed for  the position of the =
caliper.

I don=E2=80=99t think you can mount them wrong due to the mounting =
pattern on the stub axle and the splash guard.

=20

On the Alpine the steering arm is to the rear and on the Tiger the =
steering arm is to the front; I believe that is correct.

=20

An extra relief maybe for the Tiger steering arm and tie rod end.

I think that is the only difference between them but difficult to say =
without each part in hand.

=20

Ron Fraser

=20

From: Tigers <[email-masked]> On Behalf Of James =
Armstrong via Tigers
Sent: Wednesday, January 23, 2019 6:17 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Tigers] disc brake splash guard differences, side to side, & =
Tiger Vs. Alpine

=20

Help!

=20

In attempting to source a driver's side (disk) brake splash guard, I =
find there are different part numbers

side to side

Tiger Driver (left)  1224629

Tiger Pass. (right) 1224628

=20

But Alpines are different from Tigers and different side to side:

Alpine Driver (left) 1206257

Alpine Pass. (right) 1206256

=20

First, what is the difference, if any between the Tiger and the Alpine? =
And then what is the difference

between splash guards, side to side?

=20

Rick had one that matched the extra one I have at home and one that had =
an extra section relieved on the part

opposite the major cut-out.

=20

Double help!

=20

Jim Armstrong

Mk 1A

382002083 LRXFE

Code 86

TAC #....

------=_NextPart_000_0006_01D4B370.900EB8E0
	charset="UTF-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; charset=3Dutf-8"><meta =
name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 15 (filtered =
medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:#0563C1;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:#954F72;
	text-decoration:underline;}
p.msonormal0, li.msonormal0, div.msonormal0
	{mso-style-name:msonormal;
	mso-margin-top-alt:auto;
	margin-right:0in;
	mso-margin-bottom-alt:auto;
	margin-left:0in;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
span.EmailStyle18
	{mso-style-type:personal-reply;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US =
link=3D"#0563C1" vlink=3D"#954F72"><div class=3DWordSection1><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Jim<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>The brake =
splash guards are always handed for=C2=A0 the position of the =
caliper.<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>I don=E2=80=99t think you =
can mount them wrong due to the mounting pattern on the stub axle and =
the splash guard.<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>On the =
Alpine the steering arm is to the rear and on the Tiger the steering arm =
is to the front; I believe that is correct.<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>An extra =
relief maybe for the Tiger steering arm and tie rod =
end.<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>I think that is the only =
difference between them but difficult to say without each part in =
hand.<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Ron Fraser<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><b>From:</b> =
Tigers &lt;[email-masked]&gt; <b>On Behalf Of </b>James =
Armstrong via Tigers<br><b>Sent:</b> Wednesday, January 23, 2019 6:17 =
PM<br><b>To:</b> [email-masked]<br><b>Subject:</b> [Tigers] disc =
brake splash guard differences, side to side, &amp; Tiger Vs. =
Alpine<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><div><div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif;color:black'><br=
>Help!<o:p></o:p></span></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif;color:black'><o:=
p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif;color:black'>In =
attempting to source a driver's side (disk) brake splash guard, I find =
there are different part numbers<o:p></o:p></span></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif;color:black'>sid=
e to side<o:p></o:p></span></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif;color:black'>Tig=
er Driver (left)&nbsp; 1224629<o:p></o:p></span></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif;color:black'>Tig=
er Pass. (right) 1224628<o:p></o:p></span></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif;color:black'><o:=
p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif;color:black'>But=
 Alpines are different from Tigers and different side to =
side:<o:p></o:p></span></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif;color:black'>Alp=
ine Driver (left) 1206257<o:p></o:p></span></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif;color:black'>Alp=
ine Pass. (right) 1206256<o:p></o:p></span></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif;color:black'><o:=
p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif;color:black'>Fir=
st, what is the difference, if any between the Tiger and the Alpine? And =
then what is the difference<o:p></o:p></span></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif;color:black'>bet=
ween splash guards, side to side?<o:p></o:p></span></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif;color:black'><o:=
p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif;color:black'>Ric=
k had one that matched the extra one I have at home and one that had an =
extra section relieved on the part<o:p></o:p></span></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif;color:black'>opp=
osite the major cut-out.<o:p></o:p></span></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif;color:black'><o:=
p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif;color:black'>Dou=
ble help!<o:p></o:p></span></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif;color:black'><o:=
p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p></div></div><div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal>Jim =
Armstrong<o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal>Mk =
1A<o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal>382002083 =
LRXFE<o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal>Code =
86<o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal>TAC =
#....<o:p></o:p></p></div></div></div></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_0006_01D4B370.900EB8E0--

--===============7965236784499704164==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============7965236784499704164==--