Subject: [Tigers] FW: mistaken id

From: Ron Fraser via Tigers <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2018 18:18:54 -0400

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

--===============0024123832462708418==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_00C5_01D459B3.38A5B930"
Content-Language: en-us

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_00C5_01D459B3.38A5B930
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

From: Dan Case <[email-masked]> 
Sent: Monday, October 01, 2018 5:22 PM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Darrell Mountjoy <[email-masked]>
Subject: mistaken id

Hi Ron,

me an e-mail thread that I am not in because I am [email-masked]

Yes Ford made race only XHP-260 (about 35 of them) engines and almost
production street/race HP260s (lots of them) but Cobras were the only direct
Ford involvement street car to get them as far as I know. Holman-Moody,
Griffith, Lola, and Everly (spelling ?) all used one or the other versions
in new race cars with rumors of a couple of other sports car makers getting
a few. 

If you want to know more I would be glad to send you a copy of my Cobra
engine notes. Yes Bob Mannel is very well aware of XHP-260 and HP260 engines
BUT because they never got into regular production option packages for sale
at any Ford dealer he only barely touched on them in his book. Bob did the
analysis of the only unrestored XHP-260 that we know of for the owner and
myself years ago.

Dan Case

------=_NextPart_000_00C5_01D459B3.38A5B930
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii"><meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 15 =
(filtered medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:#0563C1;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:#954F72;
	text-decoration:underline;}
p.msonormal0, li.msonormal0, div.msonormal0
	{mso-style-name:msonormal;
	mso-margin-top-alt:auto;
	margin-right:0in;
	mso-margin-bottom-alt:auto;
	margin-left:0in;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
span.EmailStyle18
	{mso-style-type:personal;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	color:windowtext;}
span.EmailStyle19
	{mso-style-type:personal-reply;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-size:10.0pt;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US =
link=3D"#0563C1" vlink=3D"#954F72"><div class=3DWordSection1><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><div><div =
style=3D'border:none;border-top:solid #E1E1E1 1.0pt;padding:3.0pt 0in =
0in 0in'><p class=3DMsoNormal><b>From:</b> Dan Case =
&lt;[email-masked]&gt; <br><b>Sent:</b> Monday, October 01, 2018 =
5:22 PM<br><b>To:</b> [email-masked]<br><b>Cc:</b> Darrell =
Mountjoy &lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br><b>Subject:</b> mistaken =
id<o:p></o:p></p></div></div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>Hi =
Ron,<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>Something thinking I was <a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a> sent me an =
e-mail thread that I am not in because I am <a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>.<o:p></o:p></=
p><p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>Yes =
Ford made race only XHP-260 (about 35 of them) engines and almost =
production street/race HP260s (lots of them) but Cobras were the only =
direct Ford involvement street car to get them as far as I know. =
Holman-Moody, Griffith, Lola, and Everly (spelling ?) all used one or =
the other versions in new race cars with rumors of a couple of other =
sports car makers getting a few. <o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>If you want =
to know more I would be glad to send you a copy of my Cobra engine =
notes. Yes Bob Mannel is very well aware of XHP-260 and HP260 engines =
BUT because they never got into regular production option packages for =
sale at any Ford dealer he only barely touched on them in his book. Bob =
did the analysis of the only unrestored XHP-260 that we know of for the =
owner and myself years ago.<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>Dan =
Case<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_00C5_01D459B3.38A5B930--

--===============0024123832462708418==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/tigers

Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

--===============0024123832462708418==--