Subject: Re: [Tigers] Tigers Digest, Vol 10, Issue 240

From: Curt Bowland via Tigers <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2018 21:39:43 +0000

--===============6684846045516635032==
Content-Language: en-US
	boundary="_000_SN6PR17MB2269F11244446B66FDD42119DBEB0SN6PR17MB2269namp_"

--_000_SN6PR17MB2269F11244446B66FDD42119DBEB0SN6PR17MB2269namp_
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Oil pressure line.

I believe the reference here is the line to the gauge. If that is the case =
CAT item E05 oil pressure gauge line should be what you need. I believe it =
is a braided Aeroquip type line and should last almost forever.

Regards,

Curt
________________________________
From: Tigers <[email-masked]> on behalf of tigers-request@au=
tox.team.net <[email-masked]>
Sent: Friday, October 5, 2018 9:23 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Tigers Digest, Vol 10, Issue 240

Send Tigers mailing list submissions to
        [email-masked]

To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit
        https://eur04.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=3Dhttp%3A%2F%2F=
autox.team.net%2Fmailman%2Flistinfo%2Ftigers&amp;data=3D02%7C01%7C%7C933d76=
4726084bb1056e08d62b022070%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C636=
743685476945143&amp;sdata=3DFbJQow84K7clX%2BI3S1xgjUbRuEmRcRtSvv40N6pESFk%3=
D&amp;reserved=3D0
or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to
        [email-masked]

You can reach the person managing the list at
        [email-masked]

When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific
than "Re: Contents of Tigers digest..."

Today's Topics:

   1. Re: Tigers Digest, Vol 10, Issue 239 (Russ and Tammy C.)
   2. Re: wierd in my experience (Steven L. Finberg)
   3. Re: engine backfires (TREVOR NEMETH)
   4. Oil Pressure Hose/Fitting (Richard Bruner)

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Message: 1
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2018 20:06:50 +0000 (UTC)
From: "Russ and Tammy C." <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Tigers Digest, Vol 10, Issue 239

Mayf--Thank you for many tips to my problem.  Thank you so much!!!   Russ
--------------------------------------------
On Thu, 10/4/18,  <[email-masked]> wrote:

 Subject: Tigers Digest, Vol 10, Issue 239
 To: [email-masked]
 Date: Thursday, October 4, 2018, 11:00 AM

 Send Tigers mailing list submissions to
 ??? [email-masked]

 To subscribe or unsubscribe via the
 World Wide Web, visit
 ??? https://eur04.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=3Dhttp%3A%2F%2Faut=
ox.team.net%2Fmailman%2Flistinfo%2Ftigers&amp;data=3D02%7C01%7C%7C933d76472=
6084bb1056e08d62b022070%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C636743=
685476945143&amp;sdata=3DFbJQow84K7clX%2BI3S1xgjUbRuEmRcRtSvv40N6pESFk%3D&a=
mp;reserved=3D0
 or, via email, send a message with
 subject or body 'help' to
 ??? [email-masked]

 You can reach the person managing the
 list at
 ??? [email-masked]

 When replying, please edit your Subject
 line so it is more specific
 than "Re: Contents of Tigers
 digest..."

 Today's Topics:

 ?  1. Re: wierd in my experience
 (Larry Mayfield)

 ----------------------------------------------------------------------

 Message: 1
 Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2018 11:33:47 -0700
 From: "Larry Mayfield" <[email-masked]>
 To: "'Russ and Tammy C.'" <[email-masked]>,
 "Tiger List"
 ??? <[email-masked]>
 Subject: Re: [Tigers] wierd in my
 experience
 Message-ID:
 <[email-masked]>
 Content-Type:
 text/plain;??? charset=3D"us-ascii"

 Well, let's think about it...

 What causes engine backfire?
 When the exhaust valve opens, the
 mixture isn't done burning so it ignites
 the unburned fuel in the exhaust system
 and causes a loud bang. ... As with
 backfiring, coughing or spitting can
 also be caused by a bad ignition
 system, such as cross firing, which
 sends a spark to a cylinder that has the
 intake valve open.

 If the engine misses during a switch
 operation, while running, then perhaps
 the coil is not getting enough current
 to charge the coil momentarily.? That
 give a moments time to flow a little
 unburned fuel air into the exhaust
 system and then ignite when spark is
 restored. The white blue wire, running
 back to the solenoid to provide full
 voltage to the coil during starting is
 not in play. But the wire that comes
 from the tach to switch position 2 is
 as that is what provide coil charging
 power when running normally.? What
 could drop the voltage enough to fail
 to charge the coil to sufficient
 voltage to fire? The ignition switch is
 in the run position so that comes
 directly from the B post on the voltage
 regulator, The B post has the
 generator to battery charging wire, the
 main lighting switch and panel light
 switch via a connection to the?
 main light switch.? Looks to me like the
 best trouble shooting would be to
 remove the red wire or power that runs
 between the main light switch to the
 panel light switch. Start the engine
 and let it come to temp and then switch
 on the panel light. If it does not
 backfire as it did then the source is
 somewhere in that panel light system.
 The before shutting the engine off try
 the mail light switch. If it
 backfires then, the problem is in the
 main light circuit somewhere. Next
 step, while running is to remove the
 dimmer switch blue wire. That will take
 the dimmer switch and head lights out
 of the equation. If it still runs when
 the lights are turned back on then that
 means the problem is from the dimmer
 switch to the head lights
 somewhere.?  Put the blue wire back on and try the
 main light switch again. If it fails
 then the part of the wiring at fault is
 from the dimmer outward, maybe the
 dimmer has a short internal of a lamp
 connection that fails momentarily after
 powered then opens again.

 Once the area has been isolated then
 get after the search for failed parts
 or connections.

 Hope this helps!

 Mayf

 _________________________
 drmayf
 Worlds Fastest Sunbeam, period.
 204.913 mph flying mile average speed
 210.779 mph exit (not top)? speed

 -----Original Message-----
 From: Tigers [mailto:[email-masked]]
 On Behalf Of Russ and
 Tammy C. via Tigers
 Sent: Tuesday, October 2, 2018 1:07 PM
 To: [email-masked]
 Subject: [Tigers] wierd in my
 experience

 Group----Electrical problem for
 sure?????? My tiger backfires when I flip
 any switch on the dash.? I think
 it might be the ignition switch shorting.
 It also dies when idling. Anyone have
 this problem before?? Cause?? You all
 have been a great help in the recent
 past for me? and I am looking forward
 to someone being of help now.?
 Thank you.? Russ
 _______________________________________________

 [email-masked]

 Donate: https://eur04.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=3Dhttp%3A%2F%2=
Fwww.team.net%2Fdonate.html&amp;data=3D02%7C01%7C%7C933d764726084bb1056e08d=
62b022070%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C636743685476945143&a=
mp;sdata=3DVCDyyryzxzSlWAsyCfxL4BWQQ9B567K%2FBTJJ6V%2Buhcc%3D&amp;reserved=
=3D0
 Archive: https://eur04.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=3Dhttp%3A%2F%=
2Fwww.team.net%2Fpipermail%2Ftigers&amp;data=3D02%7C01%7C%7C933d764726084bb=
1056e08d62b022070%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C636743685476=
945143&amp;sdata=3D7kWdjh3mjlzAmvnFJO2fGxp2VL5JRpoPP87Bd9JtAvM%3D&amp;reser=
ved=3D0

 Unsubscribe: https://eur04.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=3Dhttp%3A=
%2F%2Fautox.team.net%2Fmailman%2Foptions%2Ftigers%2Fdrmayf%40mayfco.com&amp=
;data=3D02%7C01%7C%7C933d764726084bb1056e08d62b022070%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb43=
5aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C636743685476945143&amp;sdata=3D3goT%2Fvif0LJGdzSaCr=
pLLv41hYVxCGx%2BBkGW3UuLrdc%3D&amp;reserved=3D0

 ------------------------------

 Subject: Digest Footer

 _______________________________________________
 Tigers mailing list
 [email-masked]
 https://eur04.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=3Dhttp%3A%2F%2Fautox.t=
eam.net%2Fmailman%2Flistinfo%2Ftigers&amp;data=3D02%7C01%7C%7C933d764726084=
bb1056e08d62b022070%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C6367436854=
76945143&amp;sdata=3DFbJQow84K7clX%2BI3S1xgjUbRuEmRcRtSvv40N6pESFk%3D&amp;r=
eserved=3D0

 ------------------------------

 End of Tigers Digest, Vol 10, Issue
 239
 ***************************************

------------------------------

Message: 2
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2018 23:56:22 +0000
From: "Steven L. Finberg" <[email-masked]>
To: Ron Fraser <[email-masked]>, "'Russ and Tammy C.'"
        <[email-masked]>
Cc: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] wierd in my experience
Message-ID:
        <[email-masked]=
du>

Hi Ron

My best guess a broken wire inside the insulation or a broken spring inside=
 the ignition SW.

The cars are old enough that the Cu wire could crack creating an open when =
ever the dash is shaken.
To test wiggle each wire with the engine going.  A cracked wire will feel d=
ifferent at the break and
probably create the backfire when wiggled.  The clue here is the only coupl=
ing from lamp circuits  to the ignition
is mechanical shock.

Equally likely is a failed spring inside the ignition SW.    The key rotate=
s the cylinder but a spring toggles  the
electrical contacts to hold them closed.   Bang on the dash near the SW to =
induce this, I think replacement ignition switches are still available.

Good Luck

Ron Fraser

-----Original Message-----
From: Tigers <[email-masked]> On Behalf Of Russ and Tammy C.
via Tigers
Sent: Tuesday, October 02, 2018 4:07 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Tigers] wierd in my experience

Group----Electrical problem for sure?????  My tiger backfires when I flip
any switch on the dash.  I think it might be the ignition switch shorting.
It also dies when idling. Anyone have this problem before?  Cause?  You all
have been a great help in the recent past for me  and I am looking forward
to someone being of help now.  Thank you.  Russ
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

www.team.net%2Fdonate.html&amp;data=3D02%7C01%7C%7C933d764726084bb1056e08d6=
2b022070%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C636743685476945143&am=
p;sdata=3DVCDyyryzxzSlWAsyCfxL4BWQQ9B567K%2FBTJJ6V%2Buhcc%3D&amp;reserved=
=3D0
Archive: https://eur04.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=3Dhttp%3A%2F%2=
Fwww.team.net%2Fpipermail%2Ftigers&amp;data=3D02%7C01%7C%7C933d764726084bb1=
056e08d62b022070%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C6367436854769=
45143&amp;sdata=3D7kWdjh3mjlzAmvnFJO2fGxp2VL5JRpoPP87Bd9JtAvM%3D&amp;reserv=
ed=3D0

Unsubscribe:
https://eur04.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=3Dhttp%3A%2F%2Fautox.te=
am.net%2Fmailman%2Foptions%2Ftigers%2Frfraser%40bluefrog.com&amp;data=3D02%=
7C01%7C%7C933d764726084bb1056e08d62b022070%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaa=
aa%7C1%7C0%7C636743685476945143&amp;sdata=3DiBUd9c792cLZpjHQRwv7hVTX4MYolCk=
4ThsAyP2Yf%2FM%3D&amp;reserved=3D0

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

www.team.net%2Fdonate.html&amp;data=3D02%7C01%7C%7C933d764726084bb1056e08d6=
2b022070%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C636743685476945143&am=
p;sdata=3DVCDyyryzxzSlWAsyCfxL4BWQQ9B567K%2FBTJJ6V%2Buhcc%3D&amp;reserved=
=3D0
Archive: https://eur04.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=3Dhttp%3A%2F%2=
Fwww.team.net%2Fpipermail%2Ftigers&amp;data=3D02%7C01%7C%7C933d764726084bb1=
056e08d62b022070%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C6367436854769=
45143&amp;sdata=3D7kWdjh3mjlzAmvnFJO2fGxp2VL5JRpoPP87Bd9JtAvM%3D&amp;reserv=
ed=3D0

Unsubscribe: https://eur04.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=3Dhttp%3A%=
2F%2Fautox.team.net%2Fmailman%2Foptions%2Ftigers%2Fw1gsl%40mit.edu&amp;data=
=3D02%7C01%7C%7C933d764726084bb1056e08d62b022070%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaa=
aaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C636743685476945143&amp;sdata=3DXRhtClCMprADPKvjlu42R2lAn=
Yr7bnn1oaQS81o82Js%3D&amp;reserved=3D0

------------------------------

Message: 3
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2018 05:29:33 +0000 (UTC)
From: TREVOR NEMETH <[email-masked]>
To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] engine backfires

A little more information about the symptoms is needed.Where does it backfi=
re? Intake or exhaust?. ?Do you have electronic ignition or the old points =
and Condenser??A backfire from the carb tends to always be a ignition/timin=
g type problem whereas a backfire from the tailpipe tends to be a carbureto=
r problem. A MISfire at the tailpipe can be ignition as well. But you state=
 the engine won't idle. So I am presuming it cranks, starts and runs good o=
ff idle. Dirty carbs, both Holley and Eddelbrock/CarterAFB will cause a poo=
r or no idle ?concern. I'm making the assumption that the idle screw is not=
 backed off and you have no vacuum leaks..?Backfiring when a panel switch i=
s used, and I'm taking a guess that you mean from the intake, and you have =
the original ignition system, ?could be caused by a defective condenser and=
 or coil. The extra load pulls power from the weak coil and it collapses ea=
rly.?This is all just a guess as we don't yet have all the facts.Good luckT=
revor?
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <https://eur04.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=3Dhttp%3A%2F%2Fau=
tox.team.net%2Fpipermail%2Ftigers%2Fattachments%2F20181005%2Fc4a7913a%2Fatt=
achment-0001.html&amp;data=3D02%7C01%7C%7C933d764726084bb1056e08d62b022070%=
7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C636743685476945143&amp;sdata=
=3DVbRjFoQCGgZbQNgEO42%2BhPh6C8a%2F2VTV7zNdM%2BY7hOc%3D&amp;reserved=3D0>

------------------------------

Message: 4
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2018 09:23:50 -0500
From: "Richard Bruner" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Tigers] Oil Pressure Hose/Fitting
Message-ID:
        <[email-masked]>

The oil pressure hose on my car cracked near the block, with a predictable
result.? I cut the cracked section off, and am trying to get the old,
brittle hose back on the barbed fitting.? I've tried a lighter, a
hair dryer and a heat gun so far, with no luck.? The hose blisters
before getting hot enough to go on the fitting.

Any suggestions?

Richard Bruner
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <https://eur04.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=3Dhttp%3A%2F%2Fau=
tox.team.net%2Fpipermail%2Ftigers%2Fattachments%2F20181005%2Fb33f1d83%2Fatt=
achment.html&amp;data=3D02%7C01%7C%7C933d764726084bb1056e08d62b022070%7C84d=
f9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C636743685476945143&amp;sdata=3DSvNc=
E7iXyv74MzS%2BVpurlsDDbU4tFl5eKyj737AjPYk%3D&amp;reserved=3D0>
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: IMG_2409a.JPG
Type: image/jpeg
Size: 116584 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <https://eur04.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=3Dhttp%3A%2F%2Fau=
tox.team.net%2Fpipermail%2Ftigers%2Fattachments%2F20181005%2Fb33f1d83%2Fatt=
achment.jpe&amp;data=3D02%7C01%7C%7C933d764726084bb1056e08d62b022070%7C84df=
9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C636743685476945143&amp;sdata=3D5XJa0=
QpWkIfS9LQiwKhiTL5ECmfuFQik6PHUvB9Ndlw%3D&amp;reserved=3D0>

------------------------------

Subject: Digest Footer

_______________________________________________
Tigers mailing list
[email-masked]
https://eur04.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=3Dhttp%3A%2F%2Fautox.te=
am.net%2Fmailman%2Flistinfo%2Ftigers&amp;data=3D02%7C01%7C%7C933d764726084b=
b1056e08d62b022070%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C63674368547=
6945143&amp;sdata=3DFbJQow84K7clX%2BI3S1xgjUbRuEmRcRtSvv40N6pESFk%3D&amp;re=
served=3D0

------------------------------

End of Tigers Digest, Vol 10, Issue 240
***************************************

--_000_SN6PR17MB2269F11244446B66FDD42119DBEB0SN6PR17MB2269namp_
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html>
<head>
<meta http-equiv=3D"Content-Type" content=3D"text/html; charset=3Diso-8859-=
1">
<style type=3D"text/css" style=3D"display:none;"> P {margin-top:0;margin-bo=
ttom:0;} </style>
</head>
<body dir=3D"ltr">
<div style=3D"color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: &quot;Comic Sans MS&quot;,C=
halkboard,cursive; font-size: 14pt;">
Oil pressure line.</div>
<div style=3D"color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: &quot;Comic Sans MS&quot;,C=
halkboard,cursive; font-size: 14pt;">
<br>
</div>
<div style=3D"color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: &quot;Comic Sans MS&quot;,C=
halkboard,cursive; font-size: 14pt;">
I believe the reference here is the line to the gauge. If that is the case =
CAT item E05 oil pressure gauge line should be what you need. I believe it =
is a braided Aeroquip type line and should last almost forever.
</div>
<div style=3D"color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: &quot;Comic Sans MS&quot;,C=
halkboard,cursive; font-size: 14pt;">
<br>
</div>
<div style=3D"color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: &quot;Comic Sans MS&quot;,C=
halkboard,cursive; font-size: 14pt;">
Regards,</div>
<div style=3D"color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: &quot;Comic Sans MS&quot;,C=
halkboard,cursive; font-size: 14pt;">
<br>
</div>
<div style=3D"color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: &quot;Comic Sans MS&quot;,C=
halkboard,cursive; font-size: 14pt;">
Curt<br>
</div>
<div style=3D"color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: &quot;Comic Sans MS&quot;,C=
halkboard,cursive; font-size: 14pt;">
</div>
<hr tabindex=3D"-1" style=3D"width: 98%; display: inline-block;">
<div id=3D"divRplyFwdMsg" dir=3D"ltr"><font color=3D"#000000" face=3D"Calib=
ri, sans-serif" style=3D"font-size: 11pt;"><b>From:</b> Tigers &lt;tigers-b=
[email-masked]&gt; on behalf of [email-masked] &lt;ti=
[email-masked]&gt;<br>
<b>Sent:</b> Friday, October 5, 2018 9:23 AM<br>
<b>To:</b> [email-masked]<br>
<b>Subject:</b> Tigers Digest, Vol 10, Issue 240</font>
<div>&nbsp;</div>
</div>
<div class=3D"BodyFragment"><font size=3D"2"><span style=3D"font-size: 11pt=
;">
<div class=3D"PlainText">Send Tigers mailing list submissions to<br>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; [email-masked]<br>
<br>
To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit<br>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <a href=3D"https://eur04.safelin=
ks.protection.outlook.com/?url=3Dhttp%3A%2F%2Fautox.team.net%2Fmailman%2Fli=
stinfo%2Ftigers&amp;amp;data=3D02%7C01%7C%7C933d764726084bb1056e08d62b02207=
0%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C636743685476945143&amp;amp;s=
data=3DFbJQow84K7clX%2BI3S1xgjUbRuEmRcRtSvv40N6pESFk%3D&amp;amp;reserved=3D=
0">
https://eur04.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=3Dhttp%3A%2F%2Fautox.te=
am.net%2Fmailman%2Flistinfo%2Ftigers&amp;amp;data=3D02%7C01%7C%7C933d764726=
084bb1056e08d62b022070%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C6367436=
85476945143&amp;amp;sdata=3DFbJQow84K7clX%2BI3S1xgjUbRuEmRcRtSvv40N6pESFk%3=
D&amp;amp;reserved=3D0</a><br>
or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to<br>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; [email-masked]<br=
<br>
You can reach the person managing the list at<br>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; [email-masked]<br>
<br>
When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific<br>
than &quot;Re: Contents of Tigers digest...&quot;<br>
<br>
<br>
Today's Topics:<br>
<br>
&nbsp;&nbsp; 1. Re: Tigers Digest, Vol 10, Issue 239 (Russ and Tammy C.)<br=
&nbsp;&nbsp; 2. Re: wierd in my experience (Steven L. Finberg)<br>
&nbsp;&nbsp; 3. Re: engine backfires (TREVOR NEMETH)<br>
&nbsp;&nbsp; 4. Oil Pressure Hose/Fitting (Richard Bruner)<br>
<br>
<br>
----------------------------------------------------------------------<br>
<br>
Message: 1<br>
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2018 20:06:50 &#43;0000 (UTC)<br>
From: &quot;Russ and Tammy C.&quot; &lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br>
To: &lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Tigers Digest, Vol 10, Issue 239<br>
<br>
Mayf--Thank you for many tips to my problem.&nbsp; Thank you so much!!!&nbs=
p;&nbsp; Russ<br>
--------------------------------------------<br>
On Thu, 10/4/18,&nbsp; &lt;[email-masked]&gt; wrote:<br>
<br>
&nbsp;Subject: Tigers Digest, Vol 10, Issue 239<br>
&nbsp;To: [email-masked]<br>
&nbsp;Date: Thursday, October 4, 2018, 11:00 AM<br>
&nbsp;<br>
&nbsp;Send Tigers mailing list submissions to<br>
&nbsp;??? [email-masked]<br>
&nbsp;<br>
&nbsp;To subscribe or unsubscribe via the<br>
&nbsp;World Wide Web, visit<br>
&nbsp;??? <a href=3D"https://eur04.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=3D=
http%3A%2F%2Fautox.team.net%2Fmailman%2Flistinfo%2Ftigers&amp;amp;data=3D02=
%7C01%7C%7C933d764726084bb1056e08d62b022070%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaa=
aaa%7C1%7C0%7C636743685476945143&amp;amp;sdata=3DFbJQow84K7clX%2BI3S1xgjUbR=
uEmRcRtSvv40N6pESFk%3D&amp;amp;reserved=3D0">
https://eur04.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=3Dhttp%3A%2F%2Fautox.te=
am.net%2Fmailman%2Flistinfo%2Ftigers&amp;amp;data=3D02%7C01%7C%7C933d764726=
084bb1056e08d62b022070%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C6367436=
85476945143&amp;amp;sdata=3DFbJQow84K7clX%2BI3S1xgjUbRuEmRcRtSvv40N6pESFk%3=
D&amp;amp;reserved=3D0</a><br>
&nbsp;or, via email, send a message with<br>
&nbsp;subject or body 'help' to<br>
&nbsp;??? [email-masked]<br>
&nbsp;<br>
&nbsp;You can reach the person managing the<br>
&nbsp;list at<br>
&nbsp;??? [email-masked]<br>
&nbsp;<br>
&nbsp;When replying, please edit your Subject<br>
&nbsp;line so it is more specific<br>
&nbsp;than &quot;Re: Contents of Tigers<br>
&nbsp;digest...&quot;<br>
&nbsp;<br>
&nbsp;<br>
&nbsp;Today's Topics:<br>
&nbsp;<br>
&nbsp;?&nbsp; 1. Re: wierd in my experience<br>
&nbsp;(Larry Mayfield)<br>
&nbsp;<br>
&nbsp;<br>
&nbsp;---------------------------------------------------------------------=
-<br>
&nbsp;<br>
&nbsp;Message: 1<br>
&nbsp;Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2018 11:33:47 -0700<br>
&nbsp;From: &quot;Larry Mayfield&quot; &lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br>
&nbsp;To: &quot;'Russ and Tammy C.'&quot; &lt;[email-masked]&gt;,<br>
&nbsp;&quot;Tiger List&quot;<br>
&nbsp;??? &lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br>
&nbsp;Subject: Re: [Tigers] wierd in my<br>
&nbsp;experience<br>
&nbsp;Message-ID:<br>
&nbsp;&lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br>
&nbsp;Content-Type:<br>
&nbsp;text/plain;??? charset=3D&quot;us-ascii&quot;<br>
&nbsp;<br>
&nbsp;<br>
&nbsp;Well, let's think about it... <br>
&nbsp;<br>
&nbsp;What causes engine backfire?<br>
&nbsp;When the exhaust valve opens, the<br>
&nbsp;mixture isn't done burning so it ignites<br>
&nbsp;the unburned fuel in the exhaust system<br>
&nbsp;and causes a loud bang. ... As with<br>
&nbsp;backfiring, coughing or spitting can<br>
&nbsp;also be caused by a bad ignition<br>
&nbsp;system, such as cross firing, which<br>
&nbsp;sends a spark to a cylinder that has the<br>
&nbsp;intake valve open.<br>
&nbsp;<br>
&nbsp;If the engine misses during a switch<br>
&nbsp;operation, while running, then perhaps<br>
&nbsp;the coil is not getting enough current<br>
&nbsp;to charge the coil momentarily.? That<br>
&nbsp;give a moments time to flow a little<br>
&nbsp;unburned fuel air into the exhaust<br>
&nbsp;system and then ignite when spark is<br>
&nbsp;restored. The white blue wire, running<br>
&nbsp;back to the solenoid to provide full<br>
&nbsp;voltage to the coil during starting is<br>
&nbsp;not in play. But the wire that comes<br>
&nbsp;from the tach to switch position 2 is<br>
&nbsp;as that is what provide coil charging<br>
&nbsp;power when running normally.? What<br>
&nbsp;could drop the voltage enough to fail<br>
&nbsp;to charge the coil to sufficient<br>
&nbsp;voltage to fire? The ignition switch is<br>
&nbsp;in the run position so that comes<br>
&nbsp;directly from the B post on the voltage<br>
&nbsp;regulator, The B post has the<br>
&nbsp;generator to battery charging wire, the<br>
&nbsp;main lighting switch and panel light<br>
&nbsp;switch via a connection to the?<br>
&nbsp;main light switch.? Looks to me like the<br>
&nbsp;best trouble shooting would be to<br>
&nbsp;remove the red wire or power that runs<br>
&nbsp;between the main light switch to the<br>
&nbsp;panel light switch. Start the engine<br>
&nbsp;and let it come to temp and then switch<br>
&nbsp;on the panel light. If it does not<br>
&nbsp;backfire as it did then the source is<br>
&nbsp;somewhere in that panel light system.<br>
&nbsp;The before shutting the engine off try<br>
&nbsp;the mail light switch. If it<br>
&nbsp;backfires then, the problem is in the<br>
&nbsp;main light circuit somewhere. Next<br>
&nbsp;step, while running is to remove the<br>
&nbsp;dimmer switch blue wire. That will take<br>
&nbsp;the dimmer switch and head lights out<br>
&nbsp;of the equation. If it still runs when<br>
&nbsp;the lights are turned back on then that<br>
&nbsp;means the problem is from the dimmer<br>
&nbsp;switch to the head lights<br>
&nbsp;somewhere.?&nbsp; Put the blue wire back on and try the<br>
&nbsp;main light switch again. If it fails<br>
&nbsp;then the part of the wiring at fault is<br>
&nbsp;from the dimmer outward, maybe the<br>
&nbsp;dimmer has a short internal of a lamp<br>
&nbsp;connection that fails momentarily after<br>
&nbsp;powered then opens again. <br>
&nbsp;<br>
&nbsp;Once the area has been isolated then<br>
&nbsp;get after the search for failed parts<br>
&nbsp;or connections. <br>
&nbsp;<br>
&nbsp;Hope this helps!<br>
&nbsp;<br>
&nbsp;Mayf<br>
&nbsp;<br>
&nbsp;_________________________<br>
&nbsp;drmayf<br>
&nbsp;Worlds Fastest Sunbeam, period.<br>
&nbsp;204.913 mph flying mile average speed<br>
&nbsp;210.779 mph exit (not top)? speed<br>
&nbsp;<br>
&nbsp;<br>
&nbsp;-----Original Message-----<br>
&nbsp;From: Tigers [<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">mailto=
:[email-masked]</a>]<br>
&nbsp;On Behalf Of Russ and<br>
&nbsp;Tammy C. via Tigers<br>
&nbsp;Sent: Tuesday, October 2, 2018 1:07 PM<br>
&nbsp;To: [email-masked]<br>
&nbsp;Subject: [Tigers] wierd in my<br>
&nbsp;experience<br>
&nbsp;<br>
&nbsp;Group----Electrical problem for<br>
&nbsp;sure?????? My tiger backfires when I flip<br>
&nbsp;any switch on the dash.? I think<br>
&nbsp;it might be the ignition switch shorting.<br>
&nbsp;It also dies when idling. Anyone have<br>
&nbsp;this problem before?? Cause?? You all<br>
&nbsp;have been a great help in the recent<br>
&nbsp;past for me? and I am looking forward<br>
&nbsp;to someone being of help now.?<br>
&nbsp;Thank you.? Russ<br>
&nbsp;_______________________________________________<br>
&nbsp;<br>
&nbsp;[email-masked]<br>
&nbsp;<br>
&nbsp;Donate: <a href=3D"https://eur04.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?ur=
l=3Dhttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.team.net%2Fdonate.html&amp;amp;data=3D02%7C01%7C%7C933=
d764726084bb1056e08d62b022070%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C=
636743685476945143&amp;amp;sdata=3DVCDyyryzxzSlWAsyCfxL4BWQQ9B567K%2FBTJJ6V=
%2Buhcc%3D&amp;amp;reserved=3D0">
https://eur04.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=3Dhttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.team=
.net%2Fdonate.html&amp;amp;data=3D02%7C01%7C%7C933d764726084bb1056e08d62b02=
2070%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C636743685476945143&amp;am=
p;sdata=3DVCDyyryzxzSlWAsyCfxL4BWQQ9B567K%2FBTJJ6V%2Buhcc%3D&amp;amp;reserv=
ed=3D0</a><br>
&nbsp;Archive: <a href=3D"https://eur04.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?u=
rl=3Dhttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.team.net%2Fpipermail%2Ftigers&amp;amp;data=3D02%7C01%=
7C%7C933d764726084bb1056e08d62b022070%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C=
1%7C0%7C636743685476945143&amp;amp;sdata=3D7kWdjh3mjlzAmvnFJO2fGxp2VL5JRpoP=
P87Bd9JtAvM%3D&amp;amp;reserved=3D0">
https://eur04.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=3Dhttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.team=
.net%2Fpipermail%2Ftigers&amp;amp;data=3D02%7C01%7C%7C933d764726084bb1056e0=
8d62b022070%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C636743685476945143=
&amp;amp;sdata=3D7kWdjh3mjlzAmvnFJO2fGxp2VL5JRpoPP87Bd9JtAvM%3D&amp;amp;res=
erved=3D0</a><br>
&nbsp;<br>
&nbsp;Unsubscribe: <a href=3D"https://eur04.safelinks.protection.outlook.co=
m/?url=3Dhttp%3A%2F%2Fautox.team.net%2Fmailman%2Foptions%2Ftigers%2Fdrmayf%=
40mayfco.com&amp;amp;data=3D02%7C01%7C%7C933d764726084bb1056e08d62b022070%7=
C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C636743685476945143&amp;amp;sdat=
a=3D3goT%2Fvif0LJGdzSaCrpLLv41hYVxCGx%2BBkGW3UuLrdc%3D&amp;amp;reserved=3D0=
">
https://eur04.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=3Dhttp%3A%2F%2Fautox.te=
am.net%2Fmailman%2Foptions%2Ftigers%2Fdrmayf%40mayfco.com&amp;amp;data=3D02=
%7C01%7C%7C933d764726084bb1056e08d62b022070%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaa=
aaa%7C1%7C0%7C636743685476945143&amp;amp;sdata=3D3goT%2Fvif0LJGdzSaCrpLLv41=
hYVxCGx%2BBkGW3UuLrdc%3D&amp;amp;reserved=3D0</a><br>
&nbsp;<br>
&nbsp;<br>
&nbsp;<br>
&nbsp;<br>
&nbsp;------------------------------<br>
&nbsp;<br>
&nbsp;Subject: Digest Footer<br>
&nbsp;<br>
&nbsp;_______________________________________________<br>
&nbsp;Tigers mailing list<br>
&nbsp;[email-masked]<br>
&nbsp;<a href=3D"https://eur04.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=3Dhttp=
%3A%2F%2Fautox.team.net%2Fmailman%2Flistinfo%2Ftigers&amp;amp;data=3D02%7C0=
1%7C%7C933d764726084bb1056e08d62b022070%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%=
7C1%7C0%7C636743685476945143&amp;amp;sdata=3DFbJQow84K7clX%2BI3S1xgjUbRuEmR=
cRtSvv40N6pESFk%3D&amp;amp;reserved=3D0">https://eur04.safelinks.protection=
.outlook.com/?url=3Dhttp%3A%2F%2Fautox.team.net%2Fmailman%2Flistinfo%2Ftige=
rs&amp;amp;data=3D02%7C01%7C%7C933d764726084bb1056e08d62b022070%7C84df9e7fe=
9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C636743685476945143&amp;amp;sdata=3DFbJQow=
84K7clX%2BI3S1xgjUbRuEmRcRtSvv40N6pESFk%3D&amp;amp;reserved=3D0</a><br>
&nbsp;<br>
&nbsp;<br>
&nbsp;------------------------------<br>
&nbsp;<br>
&nbsp;End of Tigers Digest, Vol 10, Issue<br>
&nbsp;239<br>
&nbsp;***************************************<br>
&nbsp;<br>
<br>
<br>
------------------------------<br>
<br>
Message: 2<br>
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2018 23:56:22 &#43;0000<br>
From: &quot;Steven L. Finberg&quot; &lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br>
To: Ron Fraser &lt;[email-masked]&gt;, &quot;'Russ and Tammy C.'&quot=
;<br>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br>
Cc: &quot;[email-masked]&quot; &lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] wierd in my experience<br>
Message-ID:<br>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &lt;83481966019BCE428E7CF5790B96=
[email-masked]&gt;<br>
<br>
Hi Ron<br>
<br>
My best guess a broken wire inside the insulation or a broken spring inside=
 the ignition SW.<br>
<br>
The cars are old enough that the Cu wire could crack creating an open when =
ever the dash is shaken.<br>
To test wiggle each wire with the engine going.&nbsp; A cracked wire will f=
eel different at the break and
<br>
probably create the backfire when wiggled.&nbsp; The clue here is the only =
coupling from lamp circuits&nbsp; to the ignition
<br>
is mechanical shock.<br>
<br>
Equally likely is a failed spring inside the ignition SW.&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=
 The key rotates the cylinder but a spring toggles&nbsp; the<br>
electrical contacts to hold them closed.&nbsp;&nbsp; Bang on the dash near =
the SW to induce this, I think replacement ignition switches are still avai=
lable.
<br>
<br>
Good Luck <br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
Ron Fraser<br>
<br>
-----Original Message-----<br>
From: Tigers &lt;[email-masked]&gt; On Behalf Of Russ and Ta=
mmy C.<br>
via Tigers<br>
Sent: Tuesday, October 02, 2018 4:07 PM<br>
To: [email-masked]<br>
Subject: [Tigers] wierd in my experience<br>
<br>
Group----Electrical problem for sure?????&nbsp; My tiger backfires when I f=
lip<br>
any switch on the dash.&nbsp; I think it might be the ignition switch short=
ing.<br>
It also dies when idling. Anyone have this problem before?&nbsp; Cause?&nbs=
p; You all<br>
have been a great help in the recent past for me&nbsp; and I am looking for=
ward<br>
to someone being of help now.&nbsp; Thank you.&nbsp; Russ<br>
_______________________________________________<br>
<br>
[email-masked]<br>
<br>
tp%3A%2F%2Fwww.team.net%2Fdonate.html&amp;amp;data=3D02%7C01%7C%7C933d76472=
6084bb1056e08d62b022070%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C636743=
685476945143&amp;amp;sdata=3DVCDyyryzxzSlWAsyCfxL4BWQQ9B567K%2FBTJJ6V%2Buhc=
c%3D&amp;amp;reserved=3D0">
https://eur04.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=3Dhttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.team=
.net%2Fdonate.html&amp;amp;data=3D02%7C01%7C%7C933d764726084bb1056e08d62b02=
2070%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C636743685476945143&amp;am=
p;sdata=3DVCDyyryzxzSlWAsyCfxL4BWQQ9B567K%2FBTJJ6V%2Buhcc%3D&amp;amp;reserv=
ed=3D0</a><br>
Archive: <a href=3D"https://eur04.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=3Dh=
ttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.team.net%2Fpipermail%2Ftigers&amp;amp;data=3D02%7C01%7C%7C9=
33d764726084bb1056e08d62b022070%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%=
7C636743685476945143&amp;amp;sdata=3D7kWdjh3mjlzAmvnFJO2fGxp2VL5JRpoPP87Bd9=
JtAvM%3D&amp;amp;reserved=3D0">
https://eur04.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=3Dhttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.team=
.net%2Fpipermail%2Ftigers&amp;amp;data=3D02%7C01%7C%7C933d764726084bb1056e0=
8d62b022070%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C636743685476945143=
&amp;amp;sdata=3D7kWdjh3mjlzAmvnFJO2fGxp2VL5JRpoPP87Bd9JtAvM%3D&amp;amp;res=
erved=3D0</a><br>
<br>
Unsubscribe:<br>
<a href=3D"https://eur04.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=3Dhttp%3A%2F=
%2Fautox.team.net%2Fmailman%2Foptions%2Ftigers%2Frfraser%40bluefrog.com&amp=
;amp;data=3D02%7C01%7C%7C933d764726084bb1056e08d62b022070%7C84df9e7fe9f640a=
fb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C636743685476945143&amp;amp;sdata=3DiBUd9c792cLZ=
pjHQRwv7hVTX4MYolCk4ThsAyP2Yf%2FM%3D&amp;amp;reserved=3D0">https://eur04.sa=
felinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=3Dhttp%3A%2F%2Fautox.team.net%2Fmailman=
%2Foptions%2Ftigers%2Frfraser%40bluefrog.com&amp;amp;data=3D02%7C01%7C%7C93=
3d764726084bb1056e08d62b022070%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7=
C636743685476945143&amp;amp;sdata=3DiBUd9c792cLZpjHQRwv7hVTX4MYolCk4ThsAyP2=
Yf%2FM%3D&amp;amp;reserved=3D0</a><br>
<br>
<br>
_______________________________________________<br>
<br>
[email-masked]<br>
<br>
tp%3A%2F%2Fwww.team.net%2Fdonate.html&amp;amp;data=3D02%7C01%7C%7C933d76472=
6084bb1056e08d62b022070%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C636743=
685476945143&amp;amp;sdata=3DVCDyyryzxzSlWAsyCfxL4BWQQ9B567K%2FBTJJ6V%2Buhc=
c%3D&amp;amp;reserved=3D0">
https://eur04.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=3Dhttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.team=
.net%2Fdonate.html&amp;amp;data=3D02%7C01%7C%7C933d764726084bb1056e08d62b02=
2070%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C636743685476945143&amp;am=
p;sdata=3DVCDyyryzxzSlWAsyCfxL4BWQQ9B567K%2FBTJJ6V%2Buhcc%3D&amp;amp;reserv=
ed=3D0</a><br>
Archive: <a href=3D"https://eur04.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=3Dh=
ttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.team.net%2Fpipermail%2Ftigers&amp;amp;data=3D02%7C01%7C%7C9=
33d764726084bb1056e08d62b022070%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%=
7C636743685476945143&amp;amp;sdata=3D7kWdjh3mjlzAmvnFJO2fGxp2VL5JRpoPP87Bd9=
JtAvM%3D&amp;amp;reserved=3D0">
https://eur04.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=3Dhttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.team=
.net%2Fpipermail%2Ftigers&amp;amp;data=3D02%7C01%7C%7C933d764726084bb1056e0=
8d62b022070%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C636743685476945143=
&amp;amp;sdata=3D7kWdjh3mjlzAmvnFJO2fGxp2VL5JRpoPP87Bd9JtAvM%3D&amp;amp;res=
erved=3D0</a><br>
<br>
Unsubscribe: <a href=3D"https://eur04.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=
=3Dhttp%3A%2F%2Fautox.team.net%2Fmailman%2Foptions%2Ftigers%2Fw1gsl%40mit.e=
du&amp;amp;data=3D02%7C01%7C%7C933d764726084bb1056e08d62b022070%7C84df9e7fe=
9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C636743685476945143&amp;amp;sdata=3DXRhtCl=
CMprADPKvjlu42R2lAnYr7bnn1oaQS81o82Js%3D&amp;amp;reserved=3D0">
https://eur04.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=3Dhttp%3A%2F%2Fautox.te=
am.net%2Fmailman%2Foptions%2Ftigers%2Fw1gsl%40mit.edu&amp;amp;data=3D02%7C0=
1%7C%7C933d764726084bb1056e08d62b022070%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%=
7C1%7C0%7C636743685476945143&amp;amp;sdata=3DXRhtClCMprADPKvjlu42R2lAnYr7bn=
n1oaQS81o82Js%3D&amp;amp;reserved=3D0</a><br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
------------------------------<br>
<br>
Message: 3<br>
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2018 05:29:33 &#43;0000 (UTC)<br>
From: TREVOR NEMETH &lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br>
To: &quot;[email-masked]&quot; &lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] engine backfires<br>
<br>
A little more information about the symptoms is needed.Where does it backfi=
re? Intake or exhaust?. ?Do you have electronic ignition or the old points =
and Condenser??A backfire from the carb tends to always be a ignition/timin=
g type problem whereas a backfire
 from the tailpipe tends to be a carburetor problem. A MISfire at the tailp=
ipe can be ignition as well. But you state the engine won't idle. So I am p=
resuming it cranks, starts and runs good off idle. Dirty carbs, both Holley=
 and Eddelbrock/CarterAFB will cause
 a poor or no idle ?concern. I'm making the assumption that the idle screw =
is not backed off and you have no vacuum leaks..?Backfiring when a panel sw=
itch is used, and I'm taking a guess that you mean from the intake, and you=
 have the original ignition system,
 ?could be caused by a defective condenser and or coil. The extra load pull=
s power from the weak coil and it collapses early.?This is all just a guess=
 as we don't yet have all the facts.Good luckTrevor?<br>
-------------- next part --------------<br>
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...<br>
URL: &lt;<a href=3D"https://eur04.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=3Dh=
ttp%3A%2F%2Fautox.team.net%2Fpipermail%2Ftigers%2Fattachments%2F20181005%2F=
c4a7913a%2Fattachment-0001.html&amp;amp;data=3D02%7C01%7C%7C933d764726084bb=
1056e08d62b022070%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C636743685476=
945143&amp;amp;sdata=3DVbRjFoQCGgZbQNgEO42%2BhPh6C8a%2F2VTV7zNdM%2BY7hOc%3D=
&amp;amp;reserved=3D0">https://eur04.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=
=3Dhttp%3A%2F%2Fautox.team.net%2Fpipermail%2Ftigers%2Fattachments%2F2018100=
5%2Fc4a7913a%2Fattachment-0001.html&amp;amp;data=3D02%7C01%7C%7C933d7647260=
84bb1056e08d62b022070%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C63674368=
5476945143&amp;amp;sdata=3DVbRjFoQCGgZbQNgEO42%2BhPh6C8a%2F2VTV7zNdM%2BY7hO=
c%3D&amp;amp;reserved=3D0</a>&gt;<br>
<br>
------------------------------<br>
<br>
Message: 4<br>
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2018 09:23:50 -0500<br>
From: &quot;Richard Bruner&quot; &lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br>
To: [email-masked]<br>
Subject: [Tigers] Oil Pressure Hose/Fitting<br>
Message-ID:<br>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &lt;254483cf57ffa7dbe237214a41c0=
[email-masked]&gt;<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
The oil pressure hose on my car cracked near the block, with a predictable<=
br>
result.? I cut the cracked section off, and am trying to get the old,<br>
brittle hose back on the barbed fitting.? I've tried a lighter, a<br>
hair dryer and a heat gun so far, with no luck.? The hose blisters<br>
before getting hot enough to go on the fitting.<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
Any suggestions?<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
Richard Bruner<br>
-------------- next part --------------<br>
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...<br>
URL: &lt;<a href=3D"https://eur04.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=3Dh=
ttp%3A%2F%2Fautox.team.net%2Fpipermail%2Ftigers%2Fattachments%2F20181005%2F=
b33f1d83%2Fattachment.html&amp;amp;data=3D02%7C01%7C%7C933d764726084bb1056e=
08d62b022070%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C63674368547694514=
3&amp;amp;sdata=3DSvNcE7iXyv74MzS%2BVpurlsDDbU4tFl5eKyj737AjPYk%3D&amp;amp;=
reserved=3D0">https://eur04.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=3Dhttp%3A=
%2F%2Fautox.team.net%2Fpipermail%2Ftigers%2Fattachments%2F20181005%2Fb33f1d=
83%2Fattachment.html&amp;amp;data=3D02%7C01%7C%7C933d764726084bb1056e08d62b=
022070%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C636743685476945143&amp;=
amp;sdata=3DSvNcE7iXyv74MzS%2BVpurlsDDbU4tFl5eKyj737AjPYk%3D&amp;amp;reserv=
ed=3D0</a>&gt;<br>
-------------- next part --------------<br>
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...<br>
Name: IMG_2409a.JPG<br>
Type: image/jpeg<br>
Size: 116584 bytes<br>
Desc: not available<br>
URL: &lt;<a href=3D"https://eur04.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=3Dh=
ttp%3A%2F%2Fautox.team.net%2Fpipermail%2Ftigers%2Fattachments%2F20181005%2F=
b33f1d83%2Fattachment.jpe&amp;amp;data=3D02%7C01%7C%7C933d764726084bb1056e0=
8d62b022070%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C636743685476945143=
&amp;amp;sdata=3D5XJa0QpWkIfS9LQiwKhiTL5ECmfuFQik6PHUvB9Ndlw%3D&amp;amp;res=
erved=3D0">https://eur04.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=3Dhttp%3A%2F=
%2Fautox.team.net%2Fpipermail%2Ftigers%2Fattachments%2F20181005%2Fb33f1d83%=
2Fattachment.jpe&amp;amp;data=3D02%7C01%7C%7C933d764726084bb1056e08d62b0220=
70%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C636743685476945143&amp;amp;=
sdata=3D5XJa0QpWkIfS9LQiwKhiTL5ECmfuFQik6PHUvB9Ndlw%3D&amp;amp;reserved=3D0=
</a>&gt;<br>
<br>
------------------------------<br>
<br>
Subject: Digest Footer<br>
<br>
_______________________________________________<br>
Tigers mailing list<br>
[email-masked]<br>
<a href=3D"https://eur04.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=3Dhttp%3A%2F=
%2Fautox.team.net%2Fmailman%2Flistinfo%2Ftigers&amp;amp;data=3D02%7C01%7C%7=
C933d764726084bb1056e08d62b022070%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C=
0%7C636743685476945143&amp;amp;sdata=3DFbJQow84K7clX%2BI3S1xgjUbRuEmRcRtSvv=
40N6pESFk%3D&amp;amp;reserved=3D0">https://eur04.safelinks.protection.outlo=
ok.com/?url=3Dhttp%3A%2F%2Fautox.team.net%2Fmailman%2Flistinfo%2Ftigers&amp=
;amp;data=3D02%7C01%7C%7C933d764726084bb1056e08d62b022070%7C84df9e7fe9f640a=
fb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C636743685476945143&amp;amp;sdata=3DFbJQow84K7cl=
X%2BI3S1xgjUbRuEmRcRtSvv40N6pESFk%3D&amp;amp;reserved=3D0</a><br>
<br>
<br>
------------------------------<br>
<br>
End of Tigers Digest, Vol 10, Issue 240<br>
***************************************<br>
</div>
</span></font></div>
</body>
</html>

--_000_SN6PR17MB2269F11244446B66FDD42119DBEB0SN6PR17MB2269namp_--

--===============6684846045516635032==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/tigers

Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

--===============6684846045516635032==--