Subject: [Tigers] Brake Booster Mounting Band

From: Joe Brown via Tigers <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 6 Oct 2018 14:45:27 -0500

--===============7339308838947538542==

--000000000000f94af7057794a13e

Hi,

On my brake booster (Mk 2B) there is a band of metal that wraps around the
booster and mounts to a bracket that is mounted on the firewall.  There is
a lot of surface rust on it and I want to refinish it.  It looks like it
might have been either chrome plated or some kind of zinc.  It is fairly
shiny (the parts that are not rusty).  Can anybody verify for me what the
finish is supposed to be?

I've tried looking at photos on the web but I can't find a good one of the
type of booster I have.

Thanks,
Joe Brown

--000000000000f94af7057794a13e
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"ltr">Hi,<div><br></div><div>On my brake booster (Mk 2B) there i=
s a band of metal that wraps around the booster and mounts to a bracket tha=
t is mounted on the firewall.=C2=A0 There is a lot of surface rust on it an=
d I want to refinish it.=C2=A0 It looks like it might have been either chro=
me plated or some kind of zinc.=C2=A0 It is fairly shiny (the parts that ar=
e not rusty).=C2=A0 Can anybody verify for me what the finish is supposed t=
o be?</div><div><br></div><div>I&#39;ve tried looking at photos on the web =
but I can&#39;t find a good one of the type of booster I have.</div><div><b=
r></div><div>Thanks,</div><div>Joe Brown</div></div>

--000000000000f94af7057794a13e--

--===============7339308838947538542==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/tigers

Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

--===============7339308838947538542==--