Subject: Re: [Tigers] progress

From: David Sosna via Tigers <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2016 14:01:25 -0700

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--===============4788285956239678802==
 boundary="------------7F7B2BCB58B24A25909AA105"

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------7F7B2BCB58B24A25909AA105
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Hi Daniel:

I think you mentioned earlier that you were going for a non-stock 
restoration with a 331 stroker motor.  If that's still your plan, I'd 
say "It's your car.  Do what you want with it."

I don't know if you bought your Tiger before the current price insanity 
took hold; if so, then it can be less about making enough money by 
selling the car to fund your retirement then about having fun and 
letting your kids tear around in the car when they're old enough.  If 
it's the latter, then again, I'd say "it's your car. Do what you want 
with it.  Our blessings on flares or no flares shouldn't matter."

Of course, having had a scruffy tiger that I was comfortable using as a 
daily driver precisely BECAUSE it was scruffy, I'd suggest that after 
you get everything perfect bodywise, you grab a paint roller and apply 
some rustoleum with it. :-)

Not because I want your car to look bad.  Rather, I believe that if I'd 
had my Tiger nicely painted, I'd have been afraid to drive it other than 
occasionally.  You might feel more comfortable letting the kids take it 
out for a blast if the paint ISN'T perfect. :-)

I recently spoke with a lady who had been driving her BMW 2002 for 42 
years. Had an absolute ball with it until she'd had it restored 
recently.  Now it's not as much fun. What changed?  The car really 
looked nice, she'd had it insured for what it was now worth, and the 
insurance company limited her to 2500 miles a year.  Goodbye spontaneity.

Whatever you decide, it's your car, so your decisions are, by nature, 
the right decision and I offer my congratulations in advance.

Best Regards

David Sosna

P.S. I don't know how much longer Smitty will be in San Diego--if indeed 
he hasn't already left.  You can probably get a stock fender from him.  
619-233-7937.  No answering machine, let it ring 10 time before you hang up.

On 09/26/2016 10:19 AM, daniel doornbos via Tigers wrote:
> I'm at a cross road as the car has flares (best image of the flares 
> <https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipNhx7DaGd_6kYAxzcDV2Mr52Mwj-VqG2phw7NmWCZQmIg2bjwpI-WiHGl28V-WURg/photo/AF1QipPbhwRexXIJJ2bSVHcDEfYM_lnQN8xj6YX9UPw?key=ZXNOMzVCTENIOHlnN0txMk5GbkRaWVNDS3l5Unln>) at 
> all 4 corners.  Do I seek out a donor fender for the rear and transfer 
> the flare?  Do I put a stock fender on and then remove the flares from 
> the other 3 piecing in new arches?    Anyone have a driver 
> rear fenders for sale plus 3 arches?  Anyone have the same style of 
> steel rear flare tucked away in the garage?
>
> dan
>
>
> Most recent photos are at the end of the album.  Primary purpose of 
> the photos are to help me put this thing back together...
>
> https://goo.gl/photos/9fkVPwxGhw1mMKuM6
>
>
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
>
> [email-masked]
>
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]
>
>

--------------7F7B2BCB58B24A25909AA105
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

<html>
  <head>
    <meta content="text/html; charset=windows-1252"
      http-equiv="Content-Type">
  </head>
  <body bgcolor="#FFFFFF" text="#000000">
    <p>Hi Daniel:</p>
    <p>I think you mentioned earlier that you were going for a non-stock
      restoration with a 331 stroker motor.  If that's still your plan,
      I'd say "It's your car.  Do what you want with it."</p>
    <p><br>
    </p>
    <p>I don't know if you bought your Tiger before the current price
      insanity took hold; if so, then it can be less about making enough
      money by selling the car to fund your retirement then about having
      fun and letting your kids tear around in the car when they're old
      enough.  If it's the latter, then again, I'd say "it's your car. 
      Do what you want with it.  Our blessings on flares or no flares
      shouldn't matter."</p>
    <p><br>
    </p>
    <p>Of course, having had a scruffy tiger that I was comfortable
      using as a daily driver precisely BECAUSE it was scruffy, I'd
      suggest that after you get everything perfect bodywise, you grab a
      paint roller and apply some rustoleum with it. <span
        class="moz-smiley-s1"><span>:-)</span></span></p>
    <p><br>
    </p>
    <p>Not because I want your car to look bad.  Rather, I believe that
      if I'd had my Tiger nicely painted, I'd have been afraid to drive
      it other than occasionally.  You might feel more comfortable
      letting the kids take it out for a blast if the paint ISN'T
      perfect. <span class="moz-smiley-s1"><span>:-)</span></span></p>
    <p><br>
    </p>
    <p>I recently spoke with a lady who had been driving her BMW 2002
      for 42 years. Had an absolute ball with it until she'd had it
      restored recently.  Now it's not as much fun. What changed?  The
      car really looked nice, she'd had it insured for what it was now
      worth, and the insurance company limited her to 2500 miles a
      year.  Goodbye spontaneity.</p>
    <p><br>
    </p>
    <p>Whatever you decide, it's your car, so your decisions are, by
      nature, the right decision and I offer my congratulations in
      advance.  <br>
    </p>
    <p><br>
    </p>
    <p>Best Regards</p>
    <p>David Sosna</p>
    <p>P.S. I don't know how much longer Smitty will be in San Diego--if
      indeed he hasn't already left.  You can probably get a stock
      fender from him.  619-233-7937.  No answering machine, let it ring
      10 time before you hang up.<br>
    </p>
    <p><br>
    </p>
    <br>
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix">On 09/26/2016 10:19 AM, daniel doornbos
      via Tigers wrote:<br>
    </div>
    <blockquote
cite="mid:[email-masked]"
      type="cite">
      <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html;
        charset=windows-1252">
      <style type="text/css" style="display:none;"><!-- P {margin-top:0;margin-bottom:0;} --></style>
      <div id="divtagdefaultwrapper"
style="font-size:12pt;color:#000000;font-family:Calibri,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;"> 
        I'm at a cross road as the car has flares (<a
          moz-do-not-send="true"
href="https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipNhx7DaGd_6kYAxzcDV2Mr52Mwj-VqG2phw7NmWCZQmIg2bjwpI-WiHGl28V-WURg/photo/AF1QipPbhwRexXIJJ2bSVHcDEfYM_lnQN8xj6YX9UPw?key=ZXNOMzVCTENIOHlnN0txMk5GbkRaWVNDS3l5Unln">best
          image of the flares</a>) at all 4 corners.  Do I seek out a
        donor fender for the rear and transfer the flare?  Do I put a
        stock fender on and then remove the flares from the other 3
        piecing in new arches?    Anyone have a driver rear fenders for
        sale plus 3 arches?  Anyone have the same style of steel rear
        flare tucked away in the garage?  
        <p><span style="font-size: 12pt;">dan</span><br>
        </p>
        <p><br>
        </p>
        <p>Most recent photos are at the end of the album.  Primary
          purpose of the photos are to help me put this thing back
          together... </p>
        <p><a moz-do-not-send="true"
            href="https://goo.gl/photos/9fkVPwxGhw1mMKuM6"
            class="OWAAutoLink" id="LPlnk451054" previewremoved="true">https://goo.gl/photos/9fkVPwxGhw1mMKuM6</a> <br>
        </p>
        <p><br>
        </p>
        <p><br>
        </p>
      </div>
      <br>
      <fieldset class="mimeAttachmentHeader"></fieldset>
      <br>
      <pre wrap="">_______________________________________________

<a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>

Archive: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.team.net/archive">http://www.team.net/archive</a>
Forums: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.team.net/forums">http://www.team.net/forums</a>
Unsubscribe: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]</a>

</pre>
    </blockquote>
    <br>
  </body>
</html>

--------------7F7B2BCB58B24A25909AA105--

--===============4788285956239678802==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

--===============4788285956239678802==--