Subject: [Tigers] Motor OIl

From: Richard via Tigers <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 14 Nov 2015 08:51:23 -0700

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

--===============7626256537752005635==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0018_01D11EB9.A4403770"
Content-Language: en-us

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0018_01D11EB9.A4403770
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Have I been using the wrong motor oil all these years?  Just read several
articles on the net stating that modern motor oils that do not contain
enough ZDDP (zinc) and can cause damage to the cam.  True or False?

What oil (weights and or brands) should be used in our older engines, or
should we use an  additive to increase the ZDDP?

Thanks

------=_NextPart_000_0018_01D11EB9.A4403770
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii"><meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 14 =
(filtered medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:purple;
	text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal-compose;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";
	color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-size:10.0pt;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US link=3Dblue =
vlink=3Dpurple><div class=3DWordSection1><p class=3DMsoNormal>Have I =
been using the wrong motor oil all these years?&nbsp; Just read several =
articles on the net stating that modern motor oils that do not contain =
enough ZDDP (zinc) and can cause damage to the cam.&nbsp; True or =
False?<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>What oil (weights and or =
brands) should be used in our older engines, or should we use an&nbsp; =
additive to increase the ZDDP?<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Thanks<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_0018_01D11EB9.A4403770--

--===============7626256537752005635==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

--===============7626256537752005635==--