Subject: [Tigers] Tiger seat belt mounts

From: snakebit289 via Tigers <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2015 15:58:26 +0000 (UTC)

--===============0767486838270213375==
	boundary="----=_Part_976523_1291160919.1442505506005"

------=_Part_976523_1291160919.1442505506005
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

For my car, a Tiger IA #48, there were holes drilled by the PO for lap belts. There was also a captive nut already installed for shoulder belts on each side. You won't see it inside the cockpit, but you will see it if you look behind each rear tire in the rear wheel wells. It has a plastic plug filling the hole if no shoulder belt has yet been installed, at least my Tiger did.
The lap belt issue is one you'll need to come to grips with. Certainly an occupant belted in each one will keep seats from lifting forward in a sudden stop. From your post, it sounds like you're reticent about using lapbelts. I'm a proponent of wearing them, have worn them since helping my dad install them in the family car in the late 50's, would prefer my friends wore them as well, end of preaching.
Rande Bellman

------=_Part_976523_1291160919.1442505506005
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html><body><div style=3D"color:#000; background-color:#fff; font-family:bo=
okman old style, new york, times, serif;font-size:16px"><div id=3D"yui_3_16=
_0_1_1442504337912_3968">For my car, a Tiger IA #48, there were holes drill=
ed by the PO for lap belts. There was also a captive nut already installed =
for shoulder belts on each side. You won't see it inside the cockpit, but y=
ou will see it if you look behind each rear tire in the rear wheel wells. I=
t has a plastic plug filling the hole if no shoulder belt has yet been inst=
alled, at least my Tiger did.</div><div id=3D"yui_3_16_0_1_1442504337912_41=
34"><br></div><div id=3D"yui_3_16_0_1_1442504337912_4164">The lap belt issu=
e is one you'll need to come to grips with. Certainly an occupant belted in=
 each one will keep seats from lifting forward in a sudden stop. From your =
post, it sounds like you're reticent about using lapbelts. I'm a proponent =
of wearing them, have worn them since helping my dad install them in the fa=
mily car in the late 50's, would prefer my friends wore them as well, end o=
f preaching.</div><div id=3D"yui_3_16_0_1_1442504337912_4342"><br></div><di=
v id=3D"yui_3_16_0_1_1442504337912_4350">Rande Bellman<br></div></div></bod=
y></html>
------=_Part_976523_1291160919.1442505506005--

--===============0767486838270213375==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

--===============0767486838270213375==--