Subject: [Tigers] Front Hubs

From: Tod Brown via Tigers <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 12 Sep 2015 23:59:53 -0400

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--===============9210073184010322041==
 boundary="------------000904000501040805010203"

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------000904000501040805010203
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Hello All:

The other day, afriend who owns a Tiger II found that one of his pie 
mags would not
fit on one of the front hubs. In trying tofigure out why, we took a hub 
off a Series V
Alpine that we have been dismantling and found that the mag would fit on 
that hub
very easily. I would have thought that the hubs used on the Tiger II's 
and the Series V
Alpines were the same and, as far as I can find, there is only one part 
number on the
Parts List, but they are slightly different. Can anyone offer any 
insight into this situation?

We also noticed that the brake discs on the Tiger II and the Alpine V 
were different, with
the Tiger disc being thicker but slightly smaller in diameterthan those 
on the Alpine.

Are these just ordinary variations in manufactured parts of is there 
some other
explanation?

Thanks,

Tod
B382002384LRXFE
TAC 864

--------------000904000501040805010203
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

<html>
  <head>

    <meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8">
  </head>
  <body bgcolor="#FFFFFF" text="#000000">
    <font face="Arial"><font face="Arial">Hello All:<br>
        <br>
        The other day, a<font face="Arial"> friend who owns a Tiger II
          found that one of his pie mags would not <br>
          <font face="Arial">fit on <font face="Arial">one of the front
              hubs<font face="Arial">. In trying to<font face="Arial">
                  figure out why, we took a hub off a Series V<br>
                  <font face="Arial">Alpine that we have been
                    dismantling and found that the mag would fit on that
                    hub<br>
                    <font face="Arial">very eas<font face="Arial">ily. I
                        would have thought that the hubs used on the <font
                          face="Arial">Tiger II's and the Series V<br>
                          <font face="Arial">Alpines were the same and,
                            as far as I can find, there is only one part
                            number on the<br>
                            <font face="Arial">Parts List, but they are
                              slightly different. Can anyone offer any
                              insight into this situation?<br>
                              <br>
                              <font face="Arial">We also noticed that
                                the brake discs on the Tiger II and the
                                Alpine V were different, with<br>
                                <font face="Arial">the Tiger di<font
                                    face="Arial">sc being thicker but
                                    sligh<font face="Arial">tly smaller
                                      in diameter<font face="Arial">
                                        than those on the Alpine.<br>
                                        <br>
                                        <font face="Arial">Are the<font
                                            face="Arial">se just
                                            ordinary vari<font
                                              face="Arial">ations in
                                              manufactured parts of is
                                              there some other<br>
                                              <font face="Arial">explanation?</font><br>
                                            </font></font></font></font></font></font></font></font><br>
                              <font face="Arial">Thanks,<br>
                                <br>
                                <font face="Arial">Tod<br>
                                  <font face="Arial">B382002384LRXFE<br>
                                    <font face="Arial">TAC 864</font><br>
                                  </font></font></font></font></font></font></font></font></font></font></font></font></font></font></font></font>
  </body>
</html>

--------------000904000501040805010203--

--===============9210073184010322041==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

--===============9210073184010322041==--