Subject: Re: [Tigers] Tigers Digest, Vol 7, Issue 335

From: Jeff Feit via Tigers <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 26 Sep 2015 16:35:34 -0400

My Tiger has the original 260 that has never even had the cylinder heads off
of it. I've probably put 5-10K miles on it with unleaded and no additives. I
think that despite the original sky-is-falling fears about unleaded fuel,
the reality of it is that unless it is an extreme case (high RPM, high lift,
heavy valvesprings) it isn't a problem.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Message: 1
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2015 23:40:20 -0400
From: "Robert Hogan" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Subject: [Tigers] 260 Engine's Exhaust Valve Seats

Can anyone advise if they have been running their Tiger on unleaded 87
octane gasoline WITHOUT  hardened valve seats and if the engine has been run
for several thousand miles without valve problems.

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]