Subject: Re: [Tigers] Top boot strap

From: Dave via Tigers <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 8 Aug 2015 16:33:00 -0300 boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0145_01D0D1F7.E4123470"

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0145_01D0D1F7.E4123470
	boundary="----=_NextPart_001_0146_01D0D1F7.E4123470"

------=_NextPart_001_0146_01D0D1F7.E4123470
	charset="UTF-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Joel:

Those straps are for supporting the convertible top cover when the hard =
top is installed, There are two of them, and the wire hooks fit into =
holes on the hard top rear strip. The forward end is held to the front =
hard top stowage cavity wall with two rivets. Your photo looks like the =
proper location. The hard top cover (or tonneau) has a male snap =
connector that attaches to the spring-loaded female connector on the =
strap. See photos. You need to put a large washer under each rivet, or =
make up a support plate with holes at the proper location) to prevent =
the rivets from pulling through the web material. There can be a lot of =
pressure put on these straps from articles thrown onto the cover. =
(don=E2=80=99t do it!)

These straps can be made fairly easily using web material from hiking or =
climbing accessory straps. They are available just about everywhere. It =
looks like you have one to use as a template to make another. If not. =
let me know =E2=80=93 I have made a couple from an original, and have =
the correct dimensions.

Best of luck,

Dave

From: Joel Martin via Tigers=20
Sent: Thursday, August 6, 2015 4:13 PM
To: [email-masked]=20
Subject: [Tigers] Top boot strap

I have a couple of what appears to be a top boot strap.  See attached =
pictures - is this where it is suppose to go?  What is the length of =
this strap and material?  Not sure what the 'J' hook is for?  Appears =
strap attaches to body with rivets.  1966 Tiger MK 1A.

Regards=20
Joel Martin

-------------------------------------------------------------------------=
-------
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

------=_NextPart_001_0146_01D0D1F7.E4123470
	charset="UTF-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<HTML><HEAD></HEAD>
<BODY dir=3Dltr>
<DIV dir=3Dltr>
<DIV style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: 'Calibri'; COLOR: #000000">
<DIV>Joel:</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Those straps are for supporting the convertible top cover when the =
hard top=20
is installed, There are two of them, and the wire hooks fit into holes =
on the=20
hard top rear strip. The forward end is held to the front hard top =
stowage=20
cavity wall with two rivets. Your photo looks like the proper location. =
The hard=20
top cover (or tonneau) has a male snap connector that attaches to the=20
spring-loaded female connector on the strap. See photos. You need to put =
a large=20
washer under each rivet, or make up a support plate with holes at the =
proper=20
location) to prevent the rivets from pulling through the web material. =
There can=20
be a lot of pressure put on these straps from articles thrown onto the =
cover.=20
(don=E2=80=99t do it!)</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>These straps can be made fairly easily using web material from =
hiking or=20
climbing accessory straps. They are available just about everywhere. It =
looks=20
like you have one to use as a template to make another. If not. let me =
know =E2=80=93 I=20
have made a couple from an original, and have the correct =
dimensions.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Best of luck,</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Dave</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV=20
style=3D'FONT-SIZE: small; TEXT-DECORATION: none; FONT-FAMILY: =
"Calibri"; FONT-WEIGHT: normal; COLOR: #000000; FONT-STYLE: normal; =
DISPLAY: inline'>
<DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt tahoma">
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV style=3D"BACKGROUND: #f5f5f5">
<DIV style=3D"font-color: black"><B>From:</B> <A =
title=[email-masked]=20
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">Joel Martin via Tigers</A> </DIV>
<DIV><B>Sent:</B> Thursday, August 6, 2015 4:13 PM</DIV>
<DIV><B>To:</B> <A title=[email-masked]=20
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</A> </DIV>
<DIV><B>Subject:</B> [Tigers] Top boot strap</DIV></DIV></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV></DIV>
<DIV=20
style=3D'FONT-SIZE: small; TEXT-DECORATION: none; FONT-FAMILY: =
"Calibri"; FONT-WEIGHT: normal; COLOR: #000000; FONT-STYLE: normal; =
DISPLAY: inline'>
<DIV=20
style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 16px; FONT-FAMILY: garamond, new york, times, serif; =
COLOR: #000; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #fff">
<DIV id=3Dyui_3_16_0_1_1438886464093_19239>I have a couple of what =
appears to be a=20
top boot strap.&nbsp; See attached pictures - is this where it is =
suppose to=20
go?&nbsp; What is the length of this strap and material?&nbsp; Not sure =
what the=20
'J' hook is for?&nbsp; Appears strap attaches to body with rivets.&nbsp; =
1966=20
Tiger MK 1A.</DIV>
<DIV id=3Dyui_3_16_0_1_1438886464093_19239>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV id=3Dyui_3_16_0_1_1438886464093_19239>Regards </DIV>
<DIV id=3Dyui_3_16_0_1_1438886464093_19239>Joel Martin</DIV>
<DIV id=3Dyui_3_16_0_1_1438886464093_19239>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV id=3Dyui_3_16_0_1_1438886464093_19239>&nbsp;</DIV></DIV>
<P>
<HR>
_______________________________________________<BR><BR>[email-masked].=
net<BR><BR>Donate:=20
http://www.team.net/forums<BR>Unsubscribe:=20
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]<BR><BR><BR></=
DIV></DIV></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_001_0146_01D0D1F7.E4123470--

------=_NextPart_000_0145_01D0D1F7.E4123470
	name="Soft top support strap clip4.jpeg"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-Disposition: attachment;
	filename="Soft top support strap clip4.jpeg"

------=_NextPart_000_0145_01D0D1F7.E4123470
	name="Soft top support strap clip3.jpeg"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-Disposition: attachment;
	filename="Soft top support strap clip3.jpeg"

------=_NextPart_000_0145_01D0D1F7.E4123470
	name="Soft top support strap clip2.jpeg"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-Disposition: attachment;
	filename="Soft top support strap clip2.jpeg"

------=_NextPart_000_0145_01D0D1F7.E4123470
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

------=_NextPart_000_0145_01D0D1F7.E4123470--

---

From: Dave via Tigers <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 8 Aug 2015 17:06:21 -0300 boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0159_01D0D1FC.8C88BE40"

------=_NextPart_000_0159_01D0D1FC.8C88BE40
	boundary="----=_NextPart_001_015A_01D0D1FC.8C88BE40"

------=_NextPart_001_015A_01D0D1FC.8C88BE40
	charset="UTF-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Hi again Joel:

I found another few photos to maybe make the mounting of these straps a =
little more clear.

Dave

Regards=20
Joel Martin

[email-masked]

------=_NextPart_001_015A_01D0D1FC.8C88BE40
	charset="UTF-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<HTML><HEAD></HEAD>
<BODY dir=3Dltr>
<DIV dir=3Dltr>
<DIV>Hi again Joel:</DIV>
<DIV>I found another few photos to maybe make the mounting of these =
straps a=20
little more clear.</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D3 face=3DCalibri></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>

------=_NextPart_001_015A_01D0D1FC.8C88BE40--

------=_NextPart_000_0159_01D0D1FC.8C88BE40
	name="Soft top support strip mounting.jpg"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-Disposition: attachment;
	filename="Soft top support strip mounting.jpg"

------=_NextPart_000_0159_01D0D1FC.8C88BE40
	name="Soft top support strips2.jpg"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-Disposition: attachment;
	filename="Soft top support strips2.jpg"

------=_NextPart_000_0159_01D0D1FC.8C88BE40
	name="soft top support strips5.jpg"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-Disposition: attachment;
	filename="soft top support strips5.jpg"

------=_NextPart_000_0159_01D0D1FC.8C88BE40
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

------=_NextPart_000_0159_01D0D1FC.8C88BE40--