Subject: [Tigers] Big problem

From: Jerry Mo Christopherson via Tigers <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2015 12:49:00 -0500

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

--===============7089787557177974813==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_000B_01D0E3EB.68C67280"
Content-Language: en-us

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_000B_01D0E3EB.68C67280
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

List

Saw something disturbing a month or so ago.  On my way to a local "Cruise
Night" at a burger shop, l passed an early Datsun 1600 (could have been the
2000) that was on the side of the road, the left rear wheel had fallen off.
It was clear all four lug nuts had  sheared off.  That got me thinking about
our very old measly 7/16 studs and high powered (300+HP) engines.  Does
anybody know the number of a particular 7/16 TRW stud that works on our
flimsy little hubs without stretching the holes??  Most of the ones I have
looked at the "knurling" on the base is much larger than the Knurling on the
stock studs.  Pressing them in would certainly cause a lot of stress in an
already weak part.  Drilling the hubs out so they would fit would be
counterproductive.  Machining the Knurling down would work, but again
counterproductive in my opinion.

Any ideas??

Jerry Christopherson

9473187

TAC Ins. #58 

------=_NextPart_000_000B_01D0E3EB.68C67280
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii"><meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 14 =
(filtered medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:purple;
	text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal-compose;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";
	color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US link=3Dblue =
vlink=3Dpurple><div class=3DWordSection1><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>List<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>Saw =
something disturbing a month or so ago.&nbsp; On my way to a local =
&#8220;Cruise Night&#8221; at a burger shop, l passed an early Datsun =
1600 (could have been the 2000) that was on the side of the road, the =
left rear wheel had fallen off.&nbsp; It was clear all four lug nuts had =
&nbsp;sheared off.&nbsp; That got me thinking about our very old measly =
7/16 studs and high powered (300+HP) engines. &nbsp;Does anybody know =
the number of a particular 7/16 TRW stud that works on our flimsy little =
hubs without stretching the holes??&nbsp; Most of the ones I have looked =
at the &#8220;knurling&#8221; on the base is much larger than the =
Knurling on the stock studs.&nbsp; Pressing them in would certainly =
cause a lot of stress in an already weak part.&nbsp; Drilling the hubs =
out so they would fit would be counterproductive.&nbsp; Machining the =
Knurling down would work, but again counterproductive in my =
opinion.<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Any ideas??<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>Jerry =
Christopherson<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>9473187<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>TAC Ins. =
#58 <o:p></o:p></p></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_000B_01D0E3EB.68C67280--

--===============7089787557177974813==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

--===============7089787557177974813==--