Subject: [Tigers] Electric Pusher Fan Consensous

From: Mark Rense via Tigers <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2015 16:19:35 -0400

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

--===============0304160496311183197==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_004B_01D0ADD0.65E20B20"
Content-language: en-us

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_004B_01D0ADD0.65E20B20
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

I think I'm going to try an auxiliary electric fan in one of my cars, who
has done this and what have you used? What issues did you have to resolve? I
have an alternator so plenty of juice is available.

Thanks,

Bugz

------=_NextPart_000_004B_01D0ADD0.65E20B20
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><META =
HTTP-EQUIV=3D"Content-Type" CONTENT=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii"><meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 14 =
(filtered medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:#0563C1;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:#954F72;
	text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal-compose;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";
	color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US =
link=3D"#0563C1" vlink=3D"#954F72"><div class=3DWordSection1><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>I think I&#8217;m going to try an auxiliary electric =
fan in one of my cars, who has done this and what have you used? What =
issues did you have to resolve? I have an alternator so plenty of juice =
is available.<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Thanks,<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Bugz<o:p></o:p></p></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_004B_01D0ADD0.65E20B20--

--===============0304160496311183197==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

--===============0304160496311183197==--

---

From: Tom Parker via Tigers <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2015 16:52:23 -0400

--===============5847136939995392471==

--001a113db7d43140a8051935919f
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Mark,

There's a really good analysis on the TEAE site. You may want to look
there. I used Summit's 10" fan TEAE said worked best, it helps a lot.
Increasing the idle speed helps too, but the stock radiator isn't up to the
task in my opinion.

There's a Griffin radiator in my future, I think. They offer a radiator /
fan kit - I went to the plant and talked to the engineer about it - he says
it's an engine-side mount , and there's no way it'll fit. It may fit as a
pusher (in front of the radiator, but I suspect it's too big for my Mark 2
with the oil cooler.

My engine is a more-or-less stock 289 with a mild cam, Edelbrock heads and
manifold. I have no idea what works with a 302 or stroker.

Tom
'67 Mark 2

On Tue, Jun 23, 2015 at 4:19 PM, Mark Rense via Tigers <
[email-masked]> wrote:

> I think I=E2=80=99m going to try an auxiliary electric fan in one of my c=
ars, who
> has done this and what have you used? What issues did you have to resolve=
?
> I have an alternator so plenty of juice is available.
>
>
>
> Thanks,
>
> Bugz
>
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]
>
>
>
>

--001a113db7d43140a8051935919f
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"ltr">Mark,=C2=A0<div><br></div><div>There&#39;s a really good a=
nalysis on the TEAE site. You may want to look there. I used Summit&#39;s 1=
0&quot; fan TEAE said worked best, it helps a lot. Increasing the idle spee=
d helps too, but the stock radiator isn&#39;t up to the task in my opinion.=
<div><br></div><div>There&#39;s a Griffin radiator in my future, I think. T=
hey offer a radiator / fan kit - I went to the plant and talked to the engi=
neer about it - he says it&#39;s an engine-side mount , and there&#39;s no =
way it&#39;ll fit. It may fit as a pusher (in front of the radiator, but I =
suspect it&#39;s too big for my Mark 2 with the oil cooler.</div><div><br><=
/div><div>My engine is a more-or-less stock 289 with a mild cam, Edelbrock =
heads and manifold. I have no idea what works with a 302 or stroker.</div><=
div><br></div><div>Tom</div><div>&#39;67 Mark 2</div></div></div><div class=
=3D"gmail_extra"><br><div class=3D"gmail_quote">On Tue, Jun 23, 2015 at 4:1=
9 PM, Mark Rense via Tigers <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:tigers@=
autox.team.net" target=3D"_blank">[email-masked]</a>&gt;</span> wrot=
e:<br><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-l=
eft:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex"><div lang=3D"EN-US" link=3D"#0563C1" v=
link=3D"#954F72"><div><p class=3D"MsoNormal">I think I=E2=80=99m going to t=
ry an auxiliary electric fan in one of my cars, who has done this and what =
have you used? What issues did you have to resolve? I have an alternator so=
 plenty of juice is available.<u></u><u></u></p><p class=3D"MsoNormal"><u><=
/u>=C2=A0<u></u></p><p class=3D"MsoNormal">Thanks,<u></u><u></u></p><p clas=
s=3D"MsoNormal">Bugz<u></u><u></u></p></div></div><br>_____________________=
__________________________<br>
<br>
<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a><br>
<br>
et=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/archive" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=
=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/archive</a><br>
Forums: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/forums" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D=
"_blank">http://www.team.net/forums</a><br>
Unsubscribe: <a href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/tkpark=
[email-masked]" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.ne=
t/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]</a><br>
<br>
<br>
<br></blockquote></div><br></div>

--001a113db7d43140a8051935919f--

--===============5847136939995392471==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============5847136939995392471==--

---

From: Gary via Tigers <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2015 16:09:54 -0700

My Tiger has a 331 stroker with a recored stock radiator, a 180 thermostat, the 15" Maverick fan and a reduced diameter fan pulley. 
My horn openings are not blocked off and I don't have an aluminum radiator. However, I do have a 12" pusher fan, but have only had to use it twice in the last 10 years; once on the way to an autocross in Long Beach when the air temperature reached 97, and the other time on the way to Tigers United in Big Bear driving through San Bernardino when the air temp was over 100. When I switch on the pusher fan I can actually watch the needle move down. Other than that my Tiger runs 185-195 all the time.

Gary
 --------------------------------------------
On Tue, 6/23/15, Tom Parker via Tigers <[email-masked]> wrote:

 Subject: Re: [Tigers] Electric Pusher Fan Consensous
 To: "Mark Rense" <[email-masked]>
 Cc: "LIST TIGER" <[email-masked]>
 Date: Tuesday, June 23, 2015, 1:52 PM
 
Mark, 
There's a really good analysis on the TEAE site. You may want to look there. I used Summit's 10" fan TEAE said worked best, it helps a lot. Increasing the idle speed helps too, but the stock radiator isn't up to the task in my opinion. There's a Griffin radiator in my future, I think. They offer a radiator / fan kit - I went to the plant and talked to the engineer about it - he says it's an engine-side mount , and there's no way it'll fit. It may fit as a pusher (in front of the radiator, but I suspect it's too big for my Mark 2 with the oil cooler.
My engine is a more-or-less stock 289 with a mild cam, Edelbrock heads and manifold. I have no idea what works with a 302 or stroker.
 
Tom'67 Mark 2

On Tue, Jun 23, 2015 at 4:19 PM, Mark Rense via Tigers <[email-masked]> wrote:

I think I’m going to try an auxiliary electric fan in one of my cars, who has done this and what have you used? What issues did you have to resolve? I have an alternator so plenty of juice is available.
Thanks,Bugz

[email-masked]