Subject: [Tigers] Alternator Bracket

From: Tod Brown via Tigers <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2015 11:07:51 -0400

I have seen some discussions over the years of the origins of the 
alternator bracket
that was used on the Tiger II but nothing that was ever definitive. Does 
anyone know
for sure where the bracket came from? Did it come from Ford and, if so, 
does it have
a part number? Or was there a different source? Any information would be 
appreciated.

TIA,

Tod
B382002384LRXFE
TAC 864
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

---

From: Ron Fraser via Tigers <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2015 13:15:44 -0400

Tod

	It is a Ford Part.  Here is a note from David Franci.

>From David Franchi	9/13/11

Just got a chance to read the posts on the generator bracket.

The "early" Jan. 1967 Tiger parts book shows the same Ford part numbers and
car serial ranges as the Jan 1965 book. There are two versions of the Jan.
1967 Tiger parts book, early and later. The first version has all the Ford
part numbers, the 2nd version doesn't, the 2nd version doesn't say revised
etc. it is identical but doesn't have the Ford numbers.

The early Jan 1967 book also shows the MKII alternator bracket: Rootes #
6100742 with Ford # C5JZ-10151-B. The MKII bracket has C5JZ-10151-B cast
into it along with 8M  and a weak 3 or B NO. I have attached pictures of the
MKII.

Back to the MKI bracket, the little 1/4" threaded boss on the bracket was
originally for the oil filler tube which was on the timing gear cover on
early Fords.

David Franchi

http://pic50.picturetrail.com/VOL439/2051017/23401185/398462195.jpg

http://pic50.picturetrail.com/VOL439/2051017/23401185/398462196.jpg

-----Original Message-----
From: Tigers [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Tod Brown
via Tigers
Sent: Monday, June 29, 2015 11:08 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Tigers] Alternator Bracket

TIA,

Tod
B382002384LRXFE
TAC 864

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

-----
No virus found in this message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
Version: 2015.0.6037 / Virus Database: 4365/10122 - Release Date: 06/29/15

[email-masked]

---

From: Steve Halbrook via Tigers <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2015 13:44:45 -0400

I remember being told that the alternator bracket was from a Ford 
marine application.

Stephen J. Halbrook, C.P.M., CPIM, CIRM
[email-masked]
1 (813)-681-5248

-----Original Message-----
From: Ron Fraser via Tigers <[email-masked]>
To: 'Tod Brown' <[email-masked]>; tigers 
<[email-masked]>
Sent: Mon, Jun 29, 2015 1:32 pm
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Alternator Bracket

Tod

The "early" Jan. 1967 Tiger parts book shows the same Ford part numbers 
and
car serial ranges as the Jan 1965 book. There are two versions of the 
Jan.
1967 Tiger parts book, early and later. The first version has all the 
Ford
part numbers, the 2nd version doesn't, the 2nd version doesn't say 
revised
etc. it is identical but doesn't have the Ford numbers.

The early Jan 1967 book also shows the MKII alternator bracket: Rootes #
6100742 with Ford # C5JZ-10151-B. The MKII bracket has C5JZ-10151-B cast
into it along with 8M  and a weak 3 or B NO. I have attached pictures 
of the
MKII.

Back to the MKI bracket, the little 1/4" threaded boss on the bracket 
was
originally for the oil filler tube which was on the timing gear cover on
early Fords.

David Franchi

-----Original Message-----
 From: Tigers [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Tod 
Brown
via Tigers
Sent: Monday, June 29, 2015 11:08 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Tigers] Alternator Bracket

I have seen some discussions over the years of the origins of the
alternator bracket
that was used on the Tiger II but nothing that was ever definitive. 
Does
anyone know
for sure where the bracket came from? Did it come from Ford and, if so,
does it have
a part number? Or was there a different source? Any information would 
be
appreciated.

TIA,

Tod
B382002384LRXFE
TAC 864

[email-masked]

-----
No virus found in this message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
Version: 2015.0.6037 / Virus Database: 4365/10122 - Release Date: 
06/29/15

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: 
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

[email-masked]