Subject: Re: [Tigers] Horn Wiring

From: Tod Brown via Tigers <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2015 23:47:43 -0400

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--===============7167958900498528698==
 boundary="------------030001090508000008010700"

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------030001090508000008010700
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Hi All:

After much study and experimentation, I believe I have found a solution 
to the horn wiring dilemma. It turns out that the terminals on the horns 
are not interchangeable. To make sure that the horns will work properly 
in both the northern and southern hemispheres, it is necessary that you 
use stranded wire and that the wire connected to the + (positive) 
terminal be wound clockwise and the wire connected to the - (negative) 
terminal be wound counter-clockwise. If, on first connecting the horns, 
they do not operate, simply swap the wires. One should not be surprised 
when the horns only work intermittently (and usually not at night) since 
they are connected to Lucas electrics, of course. The ultimate solution 
to the problem is probably to replace the horns with more modern 
solid-state devices known as SED's (sound emitting diodes) which are 
manufactured in China and available on eBay. Just make sure that you get 
the ones that work on negative ground cars (or maybe positive ground in 
the southern hemisphere). These can be implanted in the original horns 
and become essentially undetectable due to their size and can be 
operated from a smart phone. There's an app available for both Apple and 
Android phones.

Cheers,

Tod
B382002384LRXFE

--------------030001090508000008010700
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

<html>
  <head>

    <meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8">
  </head>
  <body bgcolor="#FFFFFF" text="#000000">
    Hi All:<br>
    <br>
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8">
    <p class="MsoNormal">After much study and experimentation, I believe
      I have found
      a solution to the horn wiring dilemma. It turns out that the
      terminals on the
      horns are not interchangeable. To make sure that the horns will
      work properly
      in both the northern and southern hemispheres, it is necessary
      that you use
      stranded wire and that the wire connected to the + (positive)
      terminal be wound
      clockwise and the wire connected to the - (negative) terminal be
      wound
      counter-clockwise. If, on first connecting the horns, they do not
      operate,
      simply swap the wires. One should not be surprised when the horns
      only work
      intermittently (and usually not at night) since they are connected
      to Lucas
      electrics, of course. The ultimate solution to the problem is
      probably to
      replace the horns with more modern solid-state devices known as
      SED's (sound
      emitting diodes) which are manufactured in China and available on
      eBay. Just
      make sure that you get the ones that work on negative ground cars
      (or maybe
      positive ground in the southern hemisphere). These can be
      implanted in the
      original horns and become essentially undetectable due to their
      size and can be
      operated from a smart phone. There's an app available for both
      Apple and
      Android phones.<br>
    </p>
    <p class="MsoNormal"><br>
      Cheers,<br>
    </p>
    <p class="MsoNormal"><br>
      Tod<br>
      B382002384LRXFE<br>
    </p>
    <meta name="ProgId" content="Word.Document">
    <meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 9">
    <meta name="Originator" content="Microsoft Word 9">
    <link rel="File-List"
href="file:///C:/Users/Tod/AppData/Local/Temp/msoclip1/01/clip_filelist.xml">
    <!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
 <w:WordDocument>
  <w:View>Normal</w:View>
  <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom>
  <w:DoNotOptimizeForBrowser/>
 </w:WordDocument>
</xml><![endif]-->
    <style>
<!--
 /* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{mso-style-parent:"";
	margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	mso-pagination:widow-orphan;
	font-size:12.0pt;
	font-family:Arial;
	mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";}
@page Section1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in;
	mso-header-margin:.5in;
	mso-footer-margin:.5in;
	mso-paper-source:0;}
div.Section1
	{page:Section1;}
-->
</style><br>
  </body>
</html>

--------------030001090508000008010700--

--===============7167958900498528698==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

--===============7167958900498528698==--