Subject: Re: [Tigers] Gauge Rebuilders

From: Tom Parker via Tigers <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2015 11:36:15 -0400

Bugz,

I used Nisonger Instruments to rebuild my gauges. They converted the tach
for electronic ignition also. Talk to Peter Bayer... my experience is they
did good work.

Tom
'67 Mark 2

On Tue, Mar 17, 2015 at 11:24 AM, Mark Rense via Tigers <
[email-masked]> wrote:

> It's been a while since I last had any Smiths/Jaeger gauges refurbished. I
> last used MoMa but they seemed to have disappeared. Who has recent
> experience and what were the results?  I have a couple speedos and a ntach
> to do.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Bugz
> _______________________________________________
>
> [email-masked]
>
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

---

From: Owain Lloyd via Tigers <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2015 12:08:37 -0400

i've used nisonger as they are one of the few places left doing
conversions.  i wasn't too happy.  scratched paint with runs in it on the
bezel (which didn't need painting when i sent it in), took a long time, not
very friendly, expensive.   got the job done though.

On Tue, Mar 17, 2015 at 11:36 AM, Tom Parker via Tigers <
[email-masked]> wrote:

> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

[email-masked]

---

From: dave--- via Tigers <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2015 13:37:38 -0300

Owain;

I had the same experience with Nisonger. Although mechanically the gauges I
sent them worked fine on their return, cosmetically they were unacceptable.B 

Among others, I sent them a tach and speedo for a British bike I was
restoring. Unlike Brit car gauges, the beezles can not be easily removed and
replaced....they are crimped on, and you must have a special tool to install a
new one. Since Brit motorcycle gauges are no brighter than original car
gauges, I forceably removed the beezles, drilled additional holes in the
bottom of the cans B to fit brighter bulbs, and had them professionally
painted.B 

On return, the gauges were fitted with cans that did not have the extra holes
bI had cut, and they looked like they were painted with a brush.

Not good.B 

If you send them to Nisonger, make sure they know EXACTLY what you want.

Good luck,

Dave

SentB fromB myB BlackBerryB 10 smartphoneB onB theB Rogers network.
B  Original Message B 
From: Owain Lloyd via Tigers
Sent: Tuesday, March 17, 2015 1:09 PM
To: Tom Parker
Reply To: [email-masked]
Cc: LIST TIGER
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Gauge Rebuilders

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]