Subject: [Tigers] Motorola radio restoration

From: awtiger--- via Tigers <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2015 15:37:01 -0400

Hey, guys:

I'm now deep into the electrical restoration of my Tiger, as in installing a complete harness from British Wiring.  I've got all the wiring out of the car at this point and am taking care of a few other items that need attention under the dash before it all goes back in, and one of those items is my radio.  I have a LAT-72 Motorola radio kit in my car that has never worked.  The reason it has never worked (and I found out the hard way...) is because the radio itself is a positive ground unit out of an earlier Alpine.  Unfortunately, when you hook up a positive ground radio in your Tiger without realizing it's a positive ground unit, all you get after a few seconds of music is "sizzle sizzle," and then nothing.  I've been told by folks before that the ground orientation on a radio can easily be switched, so here's my question...do any of you guys know where I might be able to send this radio to have that done and then have it repaired?  I'm not looking for a high-quality audio experience here; I just want it to work and play over the single speaker provided with the LAT-72 kit.  Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks,
Andy Walker
Edmond, OK
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

---

From: Ron Fraser via Tigers <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2015 13:56:28 -0400

Andy
	This web site has Dealer Locator that might be of help but no
guarantee.

http://www.radiosforoldcars.com/

Ron Fraser

-----Original Message-----
From: Tigers [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of awtiger---
via Tigers
Sent: Monday, March 30, 2015 3:37 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Tigers] Motorola radio restoration

Hey, guys:

I'm now deep into the electrical restoration of my Tiger, as in installing a
complete harness from British Wiring.  I've got all the wiring out of the
car at this point and am taking care of a few other items that need
attention under the dash before it all goes back in, and one of those items
is my radio.  I have a LAT-72 Motorola radio kit in my car that has never
worked.  The reason it has never worked (and I found out the hard way...) is
because the radio itself is a positive ground unit out of an earlier Alpine.
Unfortunately, when you hook up a positive ground radio in your Tiger
without realizing it's a positive ground unit, all you get after a few
seconds of music is "sizzle sizzle," and then nothing.  I've been told by
folks before that the ground orientation on a radio can easily be switched,
so here's my question...do any of you guys know where I might be able to
send this radio to have that done and then have it repaired?  I'm not
looking for a high-quality audio experie  nce here; I just want it to work
and play over the single speaker provided with the LAT-72 kit.  Can anyone
point me in the right direction?

Thanks,
Andy Walker
Edmond, OK

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

-----
No virus found in this message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
Version: 2015.0.5856 / Virus Database: 4315/9415 - Release Date: 03/30/15

[email-masked]