Subject: Re: [Tigers] rear light bulbs

From: Randy Zimmermann via Tigers <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2015 15:02:50 +0000 (UTC)

I've install LED's in both stop and rear turn signal sockets and they flash
very bright and red.B  Only needed to install a LED calibrated flasher unit
for the turn signals to work properly.
Very pleased and have a bit more confidence that I'm better seen from the rear
approach.
Randy Z.Duluth, MNMkIa / TAC#1026

     On Thursday, March 19, 2015 7:59 AM, Rollright--- via Tigers
<[email-masked]> wrote:

 The first one looks interesting. It has a current drain of 7 Watts, whichB 
should kick the blinker switch to work. The second is only one watt. One
wouldB  have to use a resistor to drain enough power to kick the blinker.
That's why I wanted to avoid LEDs. Further, the color of LEDs is skewed toB 
blue and you'd not get enough power through to light up the red plastic
lensB  (filter).

Comments?

Jim Armstrong

In a message dated 3/18/2015 8:19:59 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,B 
[email-masked] writes:

These might work?
David Franchi

_1 x 1156 5007 1159 BA15S White Cree Q5 LED TurnB  Stop Back Up Light Glass
Bulb 7W_
(http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-x-1156-5007-1159-BA15S-White-Cree-Q5-LED-Turn-Stop
-Back-Up-Light-Glass-Bulb-7W-/231166185351?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Part
s_Accessories&hash=item35d2940f87&vxp=mtr)

https://www.superbrightleds.com/moreinfo/tail-brake-turn/1156-led-bulb-singl
e-intensity-1-watt-led-w-stock-cover/1091/

B 
____________________________________
 From: Rollright--- via TigersB  <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Sent: Wednesday, March 18, 2015 4:14B  PM
Subject: [Tigers] rearB  light bulbs

Hello,

I came upon some brighter stop/tailB  bulbs called 1157 HP on Ebay. StillB 
incandescent but quiteB  bright.
So, I thought, that's the stop tail, what about the 1156B  flasherB  lamps?B 
I
looked and looked and there doesn't seem toB  be any labeled 1156B  HP.

I really don't want to use LED's orB  halogen. Does anybody know of aB 
plug-in upgradeB  for both ofB  the rear bulbs that I can get at the localB 
AutoZone
or NAPA?B  Part numbers?

Thanks in advance,

JimB  Armstrong
382002083 LRXFE
Mk 1A
code 86
TAC #B 
_______________________________________________

[email-masked] (mailto:[email-masked])

Donate:B  http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

---

From: "Smit, Theo via Tigers" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2015 15:46:30 +0000

You should only use red LED assemblies in the taillights (or amber ones if
you have the orange turn signal lenses). Jim is right - 3white2 LEDs don9t
put out enough in the red part of the spectrum to be worth the effort.

Those of you that saw my taillight prototypes at SUNI last year may
remember what you can do with real red LEDs. And yes, I9m still pondering
how to make them more manufacturable (and affordable). But it9s taking a
back seat to new engine + transmission installation (and work at my day
job...)9

Theo

On 2015-03-19, 6:59 AM, "Rollright--- via Tigers" <[email-masked]>
wrote:

>The first one looks interesting. It has a current drain of 7 Watts, which
>
>would  have to use a resistor to drain enough power to kick the blinker.
>That's why I wanted to avoid LEDs. Further, the color of LEDs is skewed
>to
>lens  (filter).
>In a message dated 3/18/2015 8:19:59 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
>_1 x 1156 5007 1159 BA15S White Cree Q5 LED Turn  Stop Back Up Light
>Glass
>Bulb 7W_
>(http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-x-1156-5007-1159-BA15S-White-Cree-Q5-LED-Turn-S
>top-Back-Up-Light-Glass-Bulb-7W-/231166185351?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Part
> From: Rollright--- via Tigers  <[email-masked]>
>Sent: Wednesday, March 18, 2015 4:14  PM
>Subject: [Tigers] rear  light bulbs
>
>
>Hello,
>
>I came upon some brighter stop/tail  bulbs called 1157 HP on Ebay. Still
>incandescent but quite  bright.
>So, I thought, that's the stop tail, what about the 1156  flasher  lamps?
>
>I
>looked and looked and there doesn't seem to  be any labeled 1156  HP.
>
>I really don't want to use LED's or  halogen. Does anybody know of a
>plug-in upgrade  for both of  the rear bulbs that I can get at the local
>AutoZone
>or NAPA?   Part numbers?
>
>Thanks in advance,
>
>Jim   Armstrong
>382002083 LRXFE
>Mk 1A
>code 86
>TAC #
>Donate:  http://www.team.net/donate.html
>Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
>Unsubscribe:
>Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
>Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
>Unsubscribe:
>http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]
>
>

________________________________

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email and any attachments are for the sole use of
the intended recipient(s) and contain information that may be confidential
and/or legally privileged. If you have received this email in error, please
notify the sender by reply email and delete the message. Any disclosure,
copying, distribution or use of this communication (including attachments) by
someone other than the intended recipient is prohibited. Thank you.
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

---

From: Randy Zimmermann via Tigers <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2015 16:49:29 +0000 (UTC)

I ordered them here:B B LiteZupp Industries, LLC
| B  |
| B  |  | B  | B  | B  | B  | B  |
| LiteZupp Industries, LLCThis text is displayed in the result list of search
engines. |
|  |
| View on litezupp.com | Preview by Yahoo |
|  |
| B  |

 B They were red, not white.B  I don't use amber turn signal lenses.
Randy

     On Thursday, March 19, 2015 10:02 AM, Randy Zimmermann
<[email-masked]> wrote:

Comments?

Jim Armstrong

These might work?
David Franchi

B 

Hello,

Thanks in advance,

JimB  Armstrong
382002083 LRXFE
Mk 1A
code 86
TAC #B 

[email-masked]

[email-masked]