Subject: Re: [Tigers] Steering wheel

From: "Smit, Theo via Tigers" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2015 00:45:37 +0000

--===============8643448570120849917==
Content-Language: en-US
	boundary="_000_D134BD2A1AB67theosmitgarmincom_"

--_000_D134BD2A1AB67theosmitgarmincom_
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

This is probably scary to admit but I=92ve never had a problem removing the=
 steering wheel=85 I have the original wheel and a smaller leather wheel th=
at I sometimes used for autocross, so I=92ve gone back and forth a few time=
s. I just undo the nut, wiggle (the wheel) a bit and it comes off. Biggest =
thing to watch for is that I don=92t accidentally knock the adjustable part=
 down the column. That would take a five minute task and extend it a LOT.

Andy, I recall those horn ring screws are like 10-32 or something like that=
? I=92d worry about pulling the threads=85 on the other hand, given how eas=
ily mine comes off, you might be OK using those screw holes with a puller.

Good luck,
Theo

Date: Sunday, March 22, 2015 at 5:03 PM
Subject: [Tigers] Steering wheel

Hello, gents:

Can anyone out there tell me how to SAFELY remove the steering wheel from a=
 Tiger without messing up the hub?  It is safe to use a puller in the horn =
ring bolts???

Thanks,
Andy Walker
Edmond, OK

________________________________

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email and any attachments are for the sole use=
 of the intended recipient(s) and contain information that may be confident=
ial and/or legally privileged. If you have received this email in error, pl=
ease notify the sender by reply email and delete the message. Any disclosur=
e, copying, distribution or use of this communication (including attachment=
s) by someone other than the intended recipient is prohibited. Thank you.

--_000_D134BD2A1AB67theosmitgarmincom_
Content-ID: <[email-masked]>
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html>
<head>
<meta http-equiv=3D"Content-Type" content=3D"text/html; charset=3DWindows-1=
252">
</head>
<body style=3D"word-wrap: break-word; -webkit-nbsp-mode: space; -webkit-lin=
e-break: after-white-space; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-size: 14px; font-fami=
ly: Calibri, sans-serif;">
<div>This is probably scary to admit but I=92ve never had a problem removin=
g the steering wheel=85 I have the original wheel and a smaller leather whe=
el that I sometimes used for autocross, so I=92ve gone back and forth a few=
 times. I just undo the nut, wiggle (the
 wheel) a bit and it comes off. Biggest thing to watch for is that I don=92=
t accidentally knock the adjustable part down the column. That would take a=
 five minute task and extend it a LOT.</div>
<div><br>
</div>
<div>Andy, I recall those horn ring screws are like 10-32 or something like=
 that? I=92d worry about pulling the threads=85 on the other hand, given ho=
w easily mine comes off, you might be OK using those screw holes with a pul=
ler.</div>
<div><br>
</div>
<div>Good luck,</div>
<div>Theo</div>
<div><br>
</div>
<span id=3D"OLK_SRC_BODY_SECTION">
<div style=3D"font-family:Calibri; font-size:11pt; text-align:left; color:b=
lack; BORDER-BOTTOM: medium none; BORDER-LEFT: medium none; PADDING-BOTTOM:=
 0in; PADDING-LEFT: 0in; PADDING-RIGHT: 0in; BORDER-TOP: #b5c4df 1pt solid;=
 BORDER-RIGHT: medium none; PADDING-TOP: 3pt">
<span style=3D"font-weight:bold">From: </span>Tigers List &lt;<a href=3D"ma=
ilto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br>
<span style=3D"font-weight:bold">Reply-To: </span>Andy Walker &lt;<a href=
=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br>
<span style=3D"font-weight:bold">Date: </span>Sunday, March 22, 2015 at 5:0=
3 PM<br>
<span style=3D"font-weight:bold">To: </span>Tigers List &lt;<a href=3D"mail=
to:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br>
<span style=3D"font-weight:bold">Subject: </span>[Tigers] Steering wheel<br=
</div>
<div><br>
</div>
<div xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-micro=
soft-com:office:office" xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" x=
mlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" xmlns=3D"http:/=
/www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40">
<meta name=3D"Generator" content=3D"Microsoft Word 15 (filtered medium)">
<style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:#0563C1;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:#954F72;
	text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal-compose;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]-->
<div lang=3D"EN-US" link=3D"#0563C1" vlink=3D"#954F72">
<div class=3D"WordSection1">
<p class=3D"MsoNormal">Hello, gents:<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class=3D"MsoNormal"><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p>
<p class=3D"MsoNormal">Can anyone out there tell me how to SAFELY remove th=
e steering wheel from a Tiger without messing up the hub?&nbsp; It is safe =
to use a puller in the horn ring bolts???<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class=3D"MsoNormal"><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p>
<p class=3D"MsoNormal">Thanks,<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class=3D"MsoNormal">Andy Walker<o:p></o:p></p>
<p class=3D"MsoNormal">Edmond, OK<o:p></o:p></p>
</div>
</div>
</div>
</span><br>
<hr>
<font face=3D"Arial" color=3D"Gray" size=3D"1"><br>
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email and any attachments are for the sole use=
 of the intended recipient(s) and contain information that may be confident=
ial and/or legally privileged. If you have received this email in error, pl=
ease notify the sender by reply
 email and delete the message. Any disclosure, copying, distribution or use=
 of this communication (including attachments) by someone other than the in=
tended recipient is prohibited. Thank you.<br>
</font>
</body>
</html>

--_000_D134BD2A1AB67theosmitgarmincom_--

--===============8643448570120849917==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

--===============8643448570120849917==--

---

From: Andy Walker via Tigers <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2015 20:05:47 -0500

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

--===============1456485937579503590==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0030_01D064DB.979C9060"
Content-Language: en-us

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0030_01D064DB.979C9060
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Theo/Mark:

Yeah, I am worried about pulling the threads for the horn ring out of the
steering wheel center.  I've got everything off of it but the wheel, so far,
won't budge.  I've had it off before but it's been so long ago I forgot how
I did it.  I do remember that when I reattached the wheel those many years
ago, I put a little grease on the splines.  I'm hoping that since I did
that, repeated wiggling and pulling of the wheel will eventually pull it
loose.  I know these wheels are pretty tender and I must admit that mine
isn't perfect, but I surely don't want to make it worse.

Thanks,

Andy

From: Smit, Theo [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Sunday, March 22, 2015 7:46 PM
To: Andy Walker; [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Steering wheel

This is probably scary to admit but I've never had a problem removing the
steering wheel. I have the original wheel and a smaller leather wheel that I
sometimes used for autocross, so I've gone back and forth a few times. I
just undo the nut, wiggle (the wheel) a bit and it comes off. Biggest thing
to watch for is that I don't accidentally knock the adjustable part down the
column. That would take a five minute task and extend it a LOT.

Andy, I recall those horn ring screws are like 10-32 or something like that?
I'd worry about pulling the threads. on the other hand, given how easily
mine comes off, you might be OK using those screw holes with a puller.

Good luck,

Theo

Hello, gents:

Can anyone out there tell me how to SAFELY remove the steering wheel from a
Tiger without messing up the hub?  It is safe to use a puller in the horn
ring bolts???

Thanks,

Andy Walker

Edmond, OK

  _____  

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email and any attachments are for the sole use
of the intended recipient(s) and contain information that may be
confidential and/or legally privileged. If you have received this email in
error, please notify the sender by reply email and delete the message. Any
disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this communication (including
attachments) by someone other than the intended recipient is prohibited.
Thank you.

------=_NextPart_000_0030_01D064DB.979C9060
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii"><meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 15 =
(filtered medium)"><!--[if !mso]><style>v\:* =
{behavior:url(#default#VML);}
o\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
w\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
.shape {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
</style><![endif]--><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:#0563C1;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:#954F72;
	text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	color:windowtext;}
span.EmailStyle18
	{mso-style-type:personal-reply;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	color:#1F497D;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-size:10.0pt;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US =
link=3D"#0563C1" vlink=3D"#954F72"><div class=3DWordSection1><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'color:#1F497D'>Theo/Mark:<o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'color:#1F497D'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'color:#1F497D'>Yeah, I am worried about =
pulling the threads for the horn ring out of the steering wheel =
center.&nbsp; I&#8217;ve got everything off of it but the wheel, so far, =
won&#8217;t budge.&nbsp; I&#8217;ve had it off before but it&#8217;s =
been so long ago I forgot how I did it.&nbsp; I do remember that when I =
reattached the wheel those many years ago, I put a little grease on the =
splines.&nbsp; I&#8217;m hoping that since I did that, repeated wiggling =
and pulling of the wheel will eventually pull it loose.&nbsp; I know =
these wheels are pretty tender and I must admit that mine isn&#8217;t =
perfect, but I surely don&#8217;t want to make it =
worse&#8230;<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'color:#1F497D'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'color:#1F497D'>Thanks,<o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'color:#1F497D'>Andy<o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'color:#1F497D'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><div><div =
style=3D'border:none;border-top:solid #E1E1E1 1.0pt;padding:3.0pt 0in =
0in 0in'><p class=3DMsoNormal><b>From:</b> Smit, Theo =
[mailto:[email-masked]] <br><b>Sent:</b> Sunday, March 22, 2015 =
7:46 PM<br><b>To:</b> Andy Walker; =
[email-masked]<br><b>Subject:</b> Re: [Tigers] Steering =
wheel<o:p></o:p></p></div></div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.5pt;color:black'>This is probably scary to admit =
but I&#8217;ve never had a problem removing the steering wheel&#8230; I =
have the original wheel and a smaller leather wheel that I sometimes =
used for autocross, so I&#8217;ve gone back and forth a few times. I =
just undo the nut, wiggle (the wheel) a bit and it comes off. Biggest =
thing to watch for is that I don&#8217;t accidentally knock the =
adjustable part down the column. That would take a five minute task and =
extend it a LOT.<o:p></o:p></span></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.5pt;color:black'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p></div>=
<div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.5pt;color:black'>Andy, I recall those horn ring =
screws are like 10-32 or something like that? I&#8217;d worry about =
pulling the threads&#8230; on the other hand, given how easily mine =
comes off, you might be OK using those screw holes with a =
puller.<o:p></o:p></span></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.5pt;color:black'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p></div>=
<div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.5pt;color:black'>Good =
luck,<o:p></o:p></span></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.5pt;color:black'>Theo<o:p></o:p></span></p></div><d=
iv><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.5pt;color:black'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p></div>=
<div style=3D'border:none;border-top:solid #B5C4DF 1.0pt;padding:3.0pt =
0in 0in 0in'><p class=3DMsoNormal><b><span style=3D'color:black'>From: =
</span></b><span style=3D'color:black'>Tigers List &lt;</span><a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a><span =
style=3D'color:black'>&gt;<br><b>Reply-To: </b>Andy Walker &lt;</span><a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a><span =
style=3D'color:black'>&gt;<br><b>Date: </b>Sunday, March 22, 2015 at =
5:03 PM<br><b>To: </b>Tigers List &lt;</span><a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a><span =
style=3D'color:black'>&gt;<br><b>Subject: </b>[Tigers] Steering =
wheel<o:p></o:p></span></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.5pt;color:black'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p></div>=
<div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'color:black'>Hello, =
gents:<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'color:black'>&nbsp;<o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'color:black'>Can anyone out there tell =
me how to SAFELY remove the steering wheel from a Tiger without messing =
up the hub?&nbsp; It is safe to use a puller in the horn ring =
bolts???<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'color:black'>&nbsp;<o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'color:black'>Thanks,<o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'color:black'>Andy =
Walker<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'color:black'>Edmond, OK<o:p></o:p></span></p></div></div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.5pt;color:black'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><div =
class=3DMsoNormal align=3Dcenter style=3D'text-align:center'><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.5pt;color:black'><hr size=3D2 width=3D"100%" =
align=3Dcenter></span></div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:7.5pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif;color:gray'><br>C=
ONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email and any attachments are for the sole =
use of the intended recipient(s) and contain information that may be =
confidential and/or legally privileged. If you have received this email =
in error, please notify the sender by reply email and delete the =
message. Any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this =
communication (including attachments) by someone other than the intended =
recipient is prohibited. Thank you.</span><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.5pt;color:black'><o:p></o:p></span></p></div></body=
></html>
------=_NextPart_000_0030_01D064DB.979C9060--

--===============1456485937579503590==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============1456485937579503590==--

---

From: mwood24020--- via Tigers <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2015 21:21:00 -0400

Theo, I've had the same experience...a good, swift tug is enough to get 
the wheel off. I think the only car I've ever needed to use a puller 
was my old 240Z when I put on the "Racemark" leather wheel :)

-----Original Message-----
From: Smit, Theo via Tigers <[email-masked]>
To: Andy Walker <[email-masked]>; tigers <[email-masked]>
Sent: Sun, Mar 22, 2015 6:07 pm
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Steering wheel

This is probably scary to admit but I’ve never had a problem removing 
the steering wheel… I have the original wheel and a smaller leather 
wheel that I sometimes used for autocross, so I’ve gone back and forth 
a few times. I just undo the nut, wiggle (the wheel) a bit and it comes 
off. Biggest thing to watch for is that I don’t accidentally knock the 
adjustable part down the column. That would take a five minute task and 
extend it a LOT.

Andy, I recall those horn ring screws are like 10-32 or something like 
that? I’d worry about pulling the threads… on the other hand, given how 
easily mine comes off, you might be OK using those screw holes with a 
puller.

Good luck,
Theo

From: Tigers List &lt;[email-masked]&gt;
Reply-To: Andy Walker &lt;[email-masked]&gt;
Date: Sunday, March 22, 2015 at 5:03 PM
To: Tigers List &lt;[email-masked]&gt;
Subject: [Tigers] Steering wheel

Hello, gents: Can anyone out there tell me how to SAFELY remove the 
steering wheel from a Tiger without messing up the hub?  It is safe to 
use a puller in the horn ring bolts??? Thanks,Andy WalkerEdmond, OK

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email and any attachments are for the sole 
use of the intended recipient(s) and contain information that may be 
confidential and/or legally privileged. If you have received this email 
in error, please notify the sender by reply email and delete the 
message. Any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this 
communication (including attachments) by someone other than the 
intended recipient is prohibited. Thank 
you._______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
Unsubscribe: 
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

[email-masked]

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]