Subject: [Tigers] SS Exhaust

From: Bill Lawrence via Tigers <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Mar 2015 15:11:41 +0000

Good afternoon Andy and fellow Tiger Enthusiasts!I replaced the original with
a SS exhaust kit on my 65 Mk1A about 4 years ago.  I am very happy with the
results and the Mustang gang down the street dig the sound.  I remember trying
to utilize the existing (original ) down pipes and went through a few
gyrations with various hammer sizes and pipe expanders before biting the
bullet and going back to SS for the down pipes.  I opted to secure the pipe
sections with stainless t-bar clamps due to lack of experience welding pipe in
close quarters.  Once the kit was laid out, marked and test fitted everything
just bolted together and I really haven't had any issues in 10-15K miles.  One
thing I noticed while test fitting was lining everything up so the the
aft/last section was tucked up under as far as possible eliminating any ground
clearance issues.   It took a few tries to get it right but the end result was
worth it.Warm regards,
Bill Lawrence1965 Sunbeam Tiger MK1AB9473246LRX

I bought a stainless steel exhaust system from SS a while back for my Mk1Athat
I'm restoring and I've just today gotten to the point of installing iton the
car. Has anyone else on here installed one of these kits on theirTiger? My kit
came with no instructions and so far, nothing seems to fitcorrectly. It would
appear that the downpipes need to be shortened to workcorrectly, but that
doesn't make any sense to me. Can anyone out there whohas had experience with
this kit give me some pointers?
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]