Subject: Re: [Tigers] Oil Pressure Line

From: Owain Lloyd via Tigers <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2014 13:43:16 -0500

i don't think it needs to be anything special for fitment unless you want
originality.  the block has a normal NPT thread as does the 'extension'
piece.  there are plenty of british to AN adapters for the gauge end, so
any length of braided -4 AN hose works fine.  brass fittings look
reasonably period correct.  I've done a few british style oil pressure
gauges this way as I also prefer the braided lines for durability
(especially with higher oil pressures).  pretty sure you can get everything
from summit.

On Mon, Dec 29, 2014 at 1:34 PM, Stu via Tigers <[email-masked]>
wrote:

> I replaced the oil line on my Mk 1A many years back, the '90's probably
> like Rande.  The original black plastic line shattered into a bunch of
> pieces as I removed it.
>
> My replacement was a whitish nylon or plastic line, with fittings like
> Rande described, so it probably came from SS, too.
>
> The metal braid lines, which if I understand correctly, are a metal braided
> sheath over a rubbery or plastic inner tube.  IIRC only CAT had these back
> in the day.  Are they available anywhere else now?
>
> Stu
> _______________________________________________
>
> [email-masked]
>
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

---

From: Cars via Tigers <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2014 12:11:21 -0700

Yes call dale. I think he sells them

Sent from my mobile device

> On Dec 29, 2014, at 11:34 AM, Stu via Tigers <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

[email-masked]

---

From: Cars via Tigers <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2014 12:13:49 -0700

The gauge end is a little different so make sure you get the right piece. I
had to order mine from a specialty race company that sold the proper piece
Lynn

> On Dec 29, 2014, at 11:43 AM, Owain Lloyd via Tigers <[email-masked]>

[email-masked]