Subject: [Tigers] Oil Pressure Line

From: Stu via Tigers <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2014 13:34:54 -0500

I replaced the oil line on my Mk 1A many years back, the '90's probably
like Rande.  The original black plastic line shattered into a bunch of
pieces as I removed it.

My replacement was a whitish nylon or plastic line, with fittings like
Rande described, so it probably came from SS, too.

The metal braid lines, which if I understand correctly, are a metal braided
sheath over a rubbery or plastic inner tube.  IIRC only CAT had these back
in the day.  Are they available anywhere else now?

Stu
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

---

From: CoolVT--- via Tigers <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2014 13:57:53 -0500

Stu and Rande,
The white one from SS is the one that came apart on me (at the engine  
connection).  It shot oil but nothing smoked until I slowed down and was  
idling.  By that time I had lost 3 qts. I remember scanning the gauges  about 15 
minutes before and all was okay. So doesn't take long to pump out a  quart of 
oil.  I ended up having to come home on a flat bed.......the only  time the 
Tiger didn't drive herself home in 20+ years.
So that my experience with  a plastic one from SS....less than 2 hours  old 
and pulled off the barb.  Went directly to a stainless version from  CAT.
Mark L

In a message dated 12/29/2014 1:36:49 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,  
[email-masked] writes:

Stu

[email-masked]

Archive:  http://www.team.net/archive
Forums:  http://www.team.net/forums
Unsubscribe:  http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

---

From: Brian Glenn via Tigers <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2014 20:07:17 +0000 (UTC)

CAT currently lists the steel braid oil pressure line as item E05 for
$36.B Brian Glenn
P.O. Box 578
Julian, CA 92036-0578
714.345.9883

B9470208LRXFE GT
B9471101LRXFE
B9472615LRXFE
B382000846LRXFE
B382001212LRXFE

     On Monday, December 29, 2014 12:01 PM, Cars via Tigers
<[email-masked]> wrote:

 The gauge end is a little different so make sure you get the right piece. I
had to order mine from a specialty race company that sold the proper piece
Lynn

Sent from my mobile device

> On Dec 29, 2014, at 11:43 AM, Owain Lloyd via Tigers
<[email-masked]>
wrote:
>
> i don't think it needs to be anything special for fitment unless you want
> originality.B  the block has a normal NPT thread as does the 'extension'
> piece.B  there are plenty of british to AN adapters for the gauge end, so
> any length of braided -4 AN hose works fine.B  brass fittings look
> reasonably period correct.B  I've done a few british style oil pressure
> gauges this way as I also prefer the braided lines for durability
> (especially with higher oil pressures).B  pretty sure you can get
everything
> from summit.
>
> On Mon, Dec 29, 2014 at 1:34 PM, Stu via Tigers <[email-masked]>
> wrote:
>
>> like Rande.B  The original black plastic line shattered into a bunch of
>> pieces as I removed it.
>>
>> sheath over a rubbery or plastic inner tube.B  IIRC only CAT had these
back
>> in the day.B  Are they available anywhere else now?
>>
>> Stu
>> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
>> Unsubscribe:
>> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]