Subject: [Tigers] One more clarification about the Harringtons

From: Jay Laifman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2014 09:54:59 -0800

There were actually multiple versions of the Harrington Alpine - going
along with the different underlying Alpine - that is, the early pointy
fins, a Series 3 base, and a Series 4 base.  But, there was actually a
Harrington called the "Le Mans."  This one did not have any fins.  It said
Le Mans on it as well.  It was of course celebrating the Le Mans victory.
But the car that won at Le Mans (the Index of Efficiency) was a very unique
car itself.  It did not have the standard Alpine/Tiger headlights.
Instead, a lot of sheet metal work was done and headlights like an XKE were
installed, that were flowed back and were covered.

Here is a link to the production Le Mans version:

http://www.harringtonalpine.org/index.php?categoryid=12

I've never seen one in person.  They look a bit odd and droopy in the back
to me.

Here is a link to the Le Mans winner (coolest ever):

http://www.rmauctions.com/lots/lot.cfm?lot_id=668572

with more color pictures here:
http://www.harringtonalpine.org/index.php?categoryid=57

Jay
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]