Subject: [Tigers] Oil pressure line question

From: Andy Walker via Tigers <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 28 Dec 2014 22:21:33 -0600

Hey, guys:

I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas!!!

I've got a question concerning the oil pressure line from the block to the
gauge in the Tiger.  I've seen several renditions of this line in Tigers and
am a little confused as to what the original line looks like.  My car had a
white plastic line when I took it apart for restoration earlier this year
but I'm pretty certain that was not the correct line.  Can anyone advise me
on what the correct line is and what it looks like?

I've noticed in the Sunbeam Specialties catalog that they list a "flexible
oil gauge line, all (stock type)."  Has anybody bought one from SS and, if
so, was it the stock style?

Many thanks and I hope everyone has a safe New Year's celebration,

Andy Walker

Edmond, OK
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

---

From: CoolVT--- via Tigers <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2014 09:39:53 -0500

Andy, 
I had a new (replacement) plastic line fail within the first 2  hours of 
use.  I would highly recommend a stainless replacement line. May  not look 
like the original, but a whole lot safer. If the plastic one pulls off  the 
barbed end as mine did, you are effectively stranded unless you have a  
replacement or a plug for the engine.  Mark L

In a message dated 12/29/2014 9:32:06 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,  
[email-masked] writes:

Andy,  B9471784 has /had a solid black plastic line...I can check the 
diameter
but  it's a little larger in diameter than the white nylon lines I'm used  
to
seeing in contemporary aftermarket gauge installations. I'm guessing  3/16"
versus the white nylon that seems close to 1/8"

Not 100% sure  it's correct but it appeared oem.

Cullen
B382001452 LROFE, TAC  840
B9471784 LRXFE

Sent from my iPhone

> On Dec  28, 2014, at 10:21 PM, Andy Walker via Tigers  
<[email-masked]>
wrote:
> Donate:  http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
>  Unsubscribe:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive:  http://www.team.net/archive
Forums:  http://www.team.net/forums
Unsubscribe:  http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

---

From: ironbeast via Tigers <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2014 17:47:20 -0500

Andy I bought the oem one rick sells within the past 6 months. I was black plastic and looks like the original one that I removed.B 

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE Smartphone

<div>-------- Original message --------</div><div>From: Andy Walker via Tigers <[email-masked]> </div><div>Date:12/28/2014  11:21 PM  (GMT-05:00) </div><div>To: [email-masked] </div><div>Subject: [Tigers] Oil pressure line question </div><div>
</div>Hey, guys:

Andy Walker

Edmond, OK

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

---

From: H2Otor--- via Tigers <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2014 21:01:32 -0500

My black oil gauge line broke on the car when I bumped it with a  wrench. 
Line was really brittle after 100,000 miles and 25 years old.  I  purchased a 
replacement white oil line kit from Sunbeam Specialties years ago  and it 
had compression fitting on the plastic line not slip on fittings.  Don't 
laugh, but I used  a box of black RITZ (sp ?) Dye and mixed it  in a quart fruit 
jar of water and placed the line in the dye and dyed the  plastic oil line 
black. I had both ends of the plastic line sealed and left it  in the dye 
for several weeks during the winter time and I placed the fruit  jar of dye on 
the gas furnace near the chimney so every time the furnace  came on it 
would heat up the dye.  I don't know if they sell the same  plastic line or not 
but the line is still dark black.
John Watertor
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

---

From: Cullen McCann via Tigers <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2014 10:47:46 -0600

that's a neat Idea John, I remember using some "RIT" dye to tint a clear
plastic canopy on a model airplane many years ago... worked then too!

On Tue, Dec 30, 2014 at 8:01 PM, H2Otor--- via Tigers <[email-masked]

[email-masked]