Subject: Re: [Tigers] Tiger blower motor

From: Brent Edinger <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2014 11:41:36 -0800 FILETIME=[D1DF4A90:01D00D9E]

Ever since the last overhaul and I insulated the car the engine automatic heat
is no longer working.
For the first time in 35 years the wife made me stop and put the top up due we
were freezing
coming over grants pass. Not sure I could of made it but I can blame her cause
she was first
to flinch.
I took my motor apart and the brass ball bearings were frozen onto the shaft.
I got them off and
lubed up but I think I want to put a brand new one in there so I'll never
(yeah right) have to
mess with it again.  Victoria british has one for $90 for the Tiger, I think
I'll give it a try.

                     Brent

Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2014 23:56:28 -0500
From: " Ron Fraser" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>, "'Tom Witt'" <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Tiger blower motor

	Just remove the shifter boot and you will have a constant flow of
heat. :)

Generally the problem with the blower motor is that the bushings seize to
the motor shaft.  You can get inside the motor but you need to be a bit
careful pulling it apart.  Remove the bushings from the shaft, clean them,
soak them in oil, clean the motor shaft, assemble the blower motor.

Ron Fraser
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

---

From: Tom Parker <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2014 15:08:03 -0500

Brent, I used the VB blower motor; it worked.

Tom
;67 Mark 2

On Mon, Dec 1, 2014 at 2:41 PM, Brent Edinger <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Message-ID: <E21E0A85DB6A41E489860898E3563A9D@ronpc1>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
>
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

[email-masked]

---

From: " Ron Fraser" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2014 17:09:25 -0500

Brent
	I forget the exact details but my blower motor was turning very
slowly and making much noise.  The motor was drawing over 3 amps to make it
turn; after I cleaned and lubed everything the motor was turning fast and
drawing less then an amp.
I think it was drawing around .1 amp but memory fails at that detail.  This
is just a way to judge the condition of the blower motor and bearings.

	It would be interesting to know what a new motor draws when running.

Ron Fraser

-----Original Message-----
From: Tigers [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Brent
Edinger
Sent: Monday, December 01, 2014 2:42 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Tiger blower motor

Ever since the last overhaul and I insulated the car the engine automatic
heat is no longer working. For the first time in 35 years the wife made me
stop and put the top up due we were freezing coming over grants pass. Not
sure I could of made it but I can blame her cause she was first to flinch. I
took my motor apart and the brass ball bearings were frozen onto the shaft.
I got them off and lubed up but I think I want to put a brand new one in
there so I'll never (yeah right) have to mess with it again.  Victoria
british has one for $90 for the Tiger, I think I'll give it a try.

                     Brent

Ron Fraser

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

-----
No virus found in this message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
Version: 2015.0.5577 / Virus Database: 4223/8663 - Release Date: 12/01/14
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]