Subject: [Tigers] Harrington Tiger specifications

From: snakebit289 <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2014 13:39:23 +0000 (UTC)

Gary, Ron, Tod et al,
I think anyone who has followed Fords, Cobras, and Tigers since the mid-1960s
saw that horsepower figure of 166 from RM, and was stopped in their tracks.
Personally, I noticed the discrepancy and just added it to the list of other
sloppy errors in the printed narration of the car. If RM writers were
journalists, they would have looked up what's been written about the car in
the last 50 years, and Tigers in general, and attributed their information to
the source they took it from, and/or fact checked the narration. I won't 'out'
some owners who have given erroneous information away about Tigers in general
or their own cars specifically, but as Ron posted, it takes patience to go
back and verify what was written for clarity and accuracy purposes.B  RM
certainly did not do that. As late as the European Alpine V8(Tiger IA) sales
folder printing,B  the Tiger roadster was still rated by Rootes at 164 b.h.p.
for the 260 motor.
Rande Bellman
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]