Subject: Re: [Tigers] Tigers and Overhaul'n

From: "Lynn" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2014 09:44:49 -0700

I spoke with Dale and he said that he saw lots of packages on the shelf that
were from Sunbeam specialties.  As far as using Pro Prep for the upholstery,
Chip always does custom  stuff.  I'm not sure why anyone would expect Martha
to be involved in this due simply to the nature of the build.

Also, the process for one of these cars takes many weeks, even months so the
disassembly, body work and paint may only take a couple of weeks (likely
much longer due to Chip's other commitments like SEMA and similar events
etc), the prep and coordination started a long time ago.  About a year ago
they did a Lotus for Jay Leno's soda delivery guy.  Mike Michel visited
Chip's shop and was told that build took something like 6 months just for
the labor (Mike correct me if I'm wrong on this).

Lynn

-----Original Message-----
From: Tigers [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of snakebit289
Sent: Thursday, November 06, 2014 5:05 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Tigers] Tigers and Overhaul'n

I, too, noticed that the female host mis-identified the suspension
component, and the video editors kept the error in. I donbt know the origin
of the front suspension assembly, but having seen the one built by the
Hokansonbs of Idaho at Uniteds, just assumed that it was theirs. Also, I
should thank Dan Walters of CAT for being the Tiger advisor for this episode
of Overhaulbn.
As for the red , my guess is that someone, maybe Chip but maybe the car
owner or his son, wanted a contrasting color to show off the motor against
the bright blue engine compartment. Remember that Chip Foose could do an
extremely good  and faithful restoration, in the vein of Bill Martin and
Dale A, but the owner was interested in some features being borrowed in
appearance from a Cobra(the paint color and stripes, the black instrument
panel and aftermarket gauges).

A few posters on Facebook wondered aloud why vendors like Martha
Christiansen(ProPrep) and Rick McLeod werenbt called upon for the project.
My guess is that, for one thing, this is a weekly TV program with short
deadlines, and these vendors might take too long to work out, and there is
the feature of many how-to cable shows that much of the products and
services are donated or sold at a deep discount in exchange for promotional
consideration.
I donbt know what the arrangement was for this car, but thatbs partial
reason why Victoria British was chosen instead of Rick. As to not painting
the convertible top doors in a matching color and painting them black(this
car was a 1965 Tiger Mark I  B947), Ibve seen more and more Mark Ibs on
the web finished like this.

I agree with Gary about the VIN tag. It was rightly removed before the shell
was media-blasted, thatbs no longer considered a dodgy practice as long as
it can be documented by the owner.

Rande Bellman
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

---

From: Douglas Lyle <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2014 09:28:14 -0800

Sunbeam Specialties sold them about $2,750 worth of parts from March through June.    They could have had their name shown on boxes but Rick doesn't have such boxes.   

Doug Lyle

________________________________
 From: Lynn <[email-masked]>
To: 'snakebit289' <[email-masked]>; [email-masked] 
Sent: Thursday, November 6, 2014 8:44 AM
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Tigers and Overhaul'n

Lynn

-----Original Message-----
From: Tigers [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of snakebit289
Sent: Thursday, November 06, 2014 5:05 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Tigers] Tigers and Overhaul'n

Rande Bellman

[email-masked]