Subject: [Tigers] Tiger blower motor

From: Brent Edinger <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2014 19:56:22 -0800 FILETIME=[C58E1C00:01D00D1A]

After 35 years with no heater I'm in the market for a new heater blower motor,
any one
have a good source?  I see moss has one that looks right and is from a MGA.

            Brent
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

---

From: " Ron Fraser" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2014 23:56:28 -0500

Just remove the shifter boot and you will have a constant flow of
heat. :)

Generally the problem with the blower motor is that the bushings seize to
the motor shaft.  You can get inside the motor but you need to be a bit
careful pulling it apart.  Remove the bushings from the shaft, clean them,
soak them in oil, clean the motor shaft, assemble the blower motor.

Ron Fraser

-----Original Message-----
From: Tigers [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Owain Lloyd
Sent: Sunday, November 30, 2014 11:42 PM
To: Tom Witt
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Tiger blower motor

where do you live?  can't you just change down a gear? :)  I don't remember
ever once turning on my (perfectly functional, i think) blower motor! I've
never being cold in the tiger despite plenty of trips below freezing.
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]