Subject: [Tigers] Tigers and Overhaul'n

From: snakebit289 <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2014 04:04:52 -0800

I, too, noticed that the female host mis-identified the suspension component,
and the video editors kept the error in. I donbt know the origin of the
front suspension assembly, but having seen the one built by the Hokansonbs
of Idaho at Uniteds, just assumed that it was theirs. Also, I should thank Dan
Walters of CAT for being the Tiger advisor for this episode of Overhaulbn.
As for the red , my guess is that someone, maybe Chip but maybe the car owner
or his son, wanted a contrasting color to show off the motor against the
bright blue engine compartment. Remember that Chip Foose could do an extremely
good  and faithful restoration, in the vein of Bill Martin and Dale A, but the
owner was interested in some features being borrowed in appearance from a
Cobra(the paint color and stripes, the black instrument panel and aftermarket
gauges).

A few posters on Facebook wondered aloud why vendors like Martha
Christiansen(ProPrep) and Rick McLeod werenbt called upon for the project.
My guess is that, for one thing, this is a weekly TV program with short
deadlines, and these vendors might take too long to work out, and there is the
feature of many how-to cable shows that much of the products and services are
donated or sold at a deep discount in exchange for promotional consideration.
I donbt know what the arrangement was for this car, but thatbs partial
reason why Victoria British was chosen instead of Rick. As to not painting the
convertible top doors in a matching color and painting them black(this car was
a 1965 Tiger Mark I  B947), Ibve seen more and more Mark Ibs on the web
finished like this.

I agree with Gary about the VIN tag. It was rightly
removed before the shell was media-blasted, thatbs no longer considered a
dodgy practice as long as it can be documented by the owner.

Rande Bellman
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]