Subject: Re: [Tigers] Power Shifts

From: " Ron Fraser" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 2 Nov 2014 12:17:28 -0500

Robert
	If you watch races from the UK and Australia you will see sequential
gear box shifting.  The shifter is pushed forward or pulled back to change
gears.  I believe some of those racing gear boxes do not require clutching
just a blip of the throttle is enough to change gears.

	I once saw a magazine article that put a round plate on an American
4 speed with cams and slots to make it into a sequential type shifter.  This
seemed too complicated to be race worthy but who knows.

Tom Patton probably has a short throw shifter set up.  I don't believe
sequential gear boxes are allowed in GT2 but I'm not up on the rules for
that class.

Ron Fraser

-----Original Message-----
From: Tigers [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Robert D.
Hogan
Sent: Sunday, November 02, 2014 9:59 AM
To: 'Tiger's Den'
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Power Shifts

In watching the You Tube video on Tom Patton's GT2 race at either Grattan or
Gingerman raceway, the speed of his shifts look like a sequential shifter.
Is there a quicker shifting alternative for road racing than using the
conventional clutch upshift / downshift?
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]