Subject: [Tigers] Overhaulin Tiger

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2014 20:38:53 -0800

I have started to write down the details of my story of the Overhaulin
experience, mostly for my progressively worsening memory.

But here is the short story:

I was not the first "Tiger Expert" they selected, as it turns out, I was
the last, and likely the only one to do it with no strings attached.

My first goal was to get the frame straight so headers would fit. When
stock manifolds were chosen, the frame dimensions were not a worry.

BAD idea! Little did I know they would go with Dale's front end AND it's
STOCK mounting dimensions. Hint, Dale's front end does NOT easily bolt to
a BENT car!

I came on the scene on "day 5" and missed most of the BIG bodywork. I was
there on four different days. 

I didn't see or talk to Chris Jacobs. AJ was not there the first two days
I was there.

I had VERY little control of what they did, ....more like NONE! 

My main job, the way I saw it, was to tell them what parts went where.

BUT I DO take the blame for suggesting Dale's front end,

 mostly because they wanted to drastically lower the front of the car and
they didn't want to take the time to mod the parts to suit.

 However, "they" were well aware of Dale's front end before then. And
Dale DID get paid for the front end. BUT he did donate parts of which I
saw no mention!

The final assembly was started on a Friday and completed, mostly, on the
following Monday, with very little work done over the weekend.

As far as I could tell, the only thing not functioning (for driveability)
at the revel was the hydraulics, someone failed to pre-fit the master
cylinder reservoirs on the aftermarket setup, they hit the firewall and
were unusable.

The one thing that did impress me was the lack of management overhead
visible while I was there. During the assembly, there was virtually no
one telling the individual "A team"
members what to do. They all just intuitively DID the jobs that needed to
be done. It WAS quite amazing!

And as you could expect, there were some undone things at revel time. If
you noticed, there were no front turn signal lights ( non-standard, of
course) on the car. And the car received a soft top before delivery, not
done on revel day.

The car did not have a Tiger Torque arm installed at revel, but it DID
have 160 lbs of weight in the trunk, under the false floor, to lower the
rear as much as they could.

About the show, as is usual, they have a LOT of  "footage" on the cutting
room floor!

It was interesting that the day after the showing, TWO versions of the
show were on Youtube!

 I saw both JUST before the better quality one was DELETED!

The deleted one was longer, 43: xx minutes, seemed to have a more real
time to it and had better sound.

The other one is shorter ( speeded up?) and the sound level is lower, so
much for all the "better digital"  ....stuff!

What remains:    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6M8KLVCqZc

DW

____________________________________________________________
Map Your Flood Risk
Find Floodplan Maps, Facts, FAQs, Your Flood Risk Profile and More!
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3141/545cf5c06ccdc75c00e7cst03vuc
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2014 12:57:13 -0500

Great to hear an "insider" report.  And we all thought the ca,r as  shown, 
could just be driven off.  Wonder why they never told the viewing  audience 
about the 160 lbs. in the trunk?  That is hilarious.  

In a message dated 11/7/2014 12:00:12 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,  
[email-masked] writes:

DW

[email-masked]

Archive:  http://www.team.net/archive
Forums:  http://www.team.net/forums
Unsubscribe:  http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]