Subject: [Tigers] Signs (Non Tiger)

From: Stuart Brennan <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2014 21:15:29 -0400

In the last year or so I have noticed the appearance, along Interstate
highways here in MA, of signs indicating where power lines are crossing the
highways.  Now, if these lines were low enough that there was a danger of a
truck snagging them, I could understand it.  But no, most of these lines
appear to be well above the road, 50, 75, maybe 100 feet above the tallest
trucks.  Anything that would fit under the bridges is in no danger.

Does anyone know the reason for this?  Is this happening around the
country?  Certainly some sign makers are being enriched, but is any other
purpose being served?

Stu
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2014 21:57:26 -0400

Up in the mountain area the danger of high wires is for collision  of 
gliders (planes)and human gliders.  But, not sure what good a sign on  the ground 
would do for those 2 situations. Normally they put basketball sized  orange 
balls on the wire for visibility rather than signs at ground level. So, a  
mystery looking for  a better explanation. Mark

In a message dated 10/17/2014 9:19:36 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,  
[email-masked] writes:

highways  here in MA, of signs indicating where power lines are crossing  
the

Stu

[email-masked]

Archive:  http://www.team.net/archive
Forums:  http://www.team.net/forums
Unsubscribe:  http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

---

From: Jim Sencindiver <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 18 Oct 2014 12:05:17 -0400

Is there any construction in the area of the signs?  Here in Northern VA
they are constructing HOT (High Occupancy/Toll) lanes in the median of I-95
and wherever there are overhead power lines, they have a sign.  I would
guess it's some regulation now, since some construction activities involve
vehicles/equipment that can be significantly taller than your average
tractor-trailer!

Keep on Tigering!
> --
Jim Sencindiver

B382100451/TAC 448
http://www.tigersunited.com/car_show/sencindiver_j/default.asp
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]