Subject: Re: [Tigers] Tigers United Articles and tech help - AMC T5

From: Cullen McCann <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2014 15:04:44 -0500

thank you everyone who contacted me off line. I forgot Theo was the TU site
guy, I'm getting great help. Thank you!

Cullen

On Mon, Oct 27, 2014 at 10:32 AM, Cullen McCann <[email-masked]>
wrote:

> Tiger friends, a couple of things. I am trying to access Dan Walters AMC
> T5 installation article on the TU site and it comes up with like web page
> coding...not functioning. I have sent the editor an email and it bounced
> back as failed. Anyone have any suggestions? Also, if anyone has a copy of
> that article that would be just as good. I am fortunate to have come across
> the AMC T5 and am trying to educate myself on the tech.
>
> Thank you,
>
> Cullen
> Yukon, OK
> B382001452 LROFE
> B9471784 LRXFE
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

---

From: Theo Smit <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2014 19:23:11 -0600

Hi Cullen,
I need to take a closer look at why TU is not currently rendering 
pages... anyway, the critical pieces of info from Dan's article that you 
probably can't really get elsewhere is this:

The particular AMC tailhousing needed for the "no cutting" installation has the Tail Housing casting
number 13-52-066-901  (on left side of tail housing). Information supplied by Jim Morrison is that
this housing (tailshaft) was used on 2 WD 1982-1983 AMC Concord or Spirit.
The AMC Trans should have a tag on one of the tail housing bolts with the number 13-52-001 (the B-W
part number for the complete trans, the actual number is 13-52-000-001 but the tags didn't use the
000 on it.)
The Chevy Chevette used the T-5 and the part number is 13-52-005.This, to my knowledge, is the
only other T-5 (2 wheel drive) to put the shifter in the same location as the AMC, but with a shorter
tail housing.

- The other information in Dan's article is, as far as I know, fairly 
common knowledge.  Probably the most useful T5 core is the Ford 
Motorsports one with the 2.95 first and 0.63 or 0.80 fifth; do NOT use 
non-World-Class versions of the gearbox;  the common Mustang gearbox 
with the 3.35 first is not as strong and first runs out pretty quickly 
but it's commonly available from Mustang guys. i have one in my Tiger, 
with 3.31 diff gears, and I use second in autocross starts.

Let me know if there's anything else I can dig up for you.

Cheers,
Theo

On 10/27/2014 2:04 PM, Cullen McCann wrote:
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

[email-masked]

---

From: Theo Smit <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2014 20:00:40 -0600

... I fixed that particular article. Looks like a newer version of the 
webserver program does not like blank lines at the start of .asp files, 
and some of the TU articles have that, and some don't...

Any Perl or Python gurus that can write a script to descend a (Unix) 
directory tree, find .asp files, and strip blank lines from the head of 
said files?

Theo

[email-masked]

---

From: Theo Smit <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2014 21:22:26 -0600

I went through and fixed the tech-tips articles (good review... there's 
a lot of buried information there!) but if anyone notices other pages 
that don't come up like you might expect, let me know.

Thanks,
Theo

On 10/27/2014 8:00 PM, Theo Smit wrote:
> webserver program does not like blank lines at the start of .asp 
> files, and some of the TU articles have that, and some don't...
>
> directory tree, find .asp files, and strip blank lines from the head 
> of said files?
>
> Theo

[email-masked]

---

From: Cullen McCann <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2014 10:25:26 -0500

Thank you so much Theo, works like a charm. this is exactly what I needed.

Cullen

On Mon, Oct 27, 2014 at 9:00 PM, Theo Smit <[email-masked]> wrote:

> webserver program does not like blank lines at the start of .asp files, and
> some of the TU articles have that, and some don't...
>
> Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/cmccann1972@
> gmail.com

[email-masked]

---

From: "Rense, Mark (GE, Appl & Light)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2014 16:59:46 +0000

Does Monty Python expertise count?

-----Original Message-----
From: Tigers [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Theo Smit
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Tigers United Articles and tech help - AMC T5

Any Perl or Python gurus that can write a script to descend a (Unix) directory
tree, find .asp files, and strip blank lines from the head of said files?

Theo

[email-masked]

---

From: "Smit, Theo" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2014 20:29:28 +0000

Only if therebs not too much spam in it ;)

I worked my way through the tech tip articles last night and corrected
them... Turns out there was one other fix that was required for some
files, so it would have required a couple of passes to automate it all
anyway. However, there is a bunch of other content that might be affected
by this same problem so Ibll have to deal with them on a case by case
basis.

Cheers,
Theo

>Does Monty Python expertise count?

________________________________

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email and any attachments are for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and contain information that may be confidential and/or legally privileged. If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender by reply email and delete the message. Any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this communication (including attachments) by someone other than the intended recipient is prohibited. Thank you.
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]