Subject: [Tigers] Tigers - Dave Johnson

From: snakebit289 <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2014 09:18:40 -0700

Chicago Tiger owner Dave Johnson's son, Patrick, announced on Facebook yesterday that his dad passed away last weekend.

You'll remember that Dave was a frequent contributor to this Tiger Autox site for years, but suffered a stroke prior to the 2011 TEAE United in French Lick, Indiana. A restoration of Dave's former Tiger was performed by Patrick and a friend in time for the United. Patrick and his mom took over Dave's role as chairman of the 2011 United when it was certain that Dave could no longer go to French Lick. All of his Tiger friends will miss Dave.

Rande Bellman
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

---

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2014 14:05:37 -0400

Very sorry to hear about Dave, Rande.  I'll keep his family in my thoughts and prayers.

Andy Walker
Edmond, OK

---- snakebit289 <[email-masked]> wrote: 
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

[email-masked]

---

From: Randy Zimmermann <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2014 18:28:03 +0000 (UTC)

My condolences go to Patrick and his family at the passing of his father,
Dave.B 

When I was looking to purchase a Tiger in 1993 and found one in a northern
suburb of Chicago, Dave was a TEAE regional rep and I called him.B  Over the
course of a couple of phone calls, he talked me through what to look for in a
Tiger and provided some information about the owner whom he had met a few
times at British car gatherings in the area.B  With his helpful information
and encouragement, I drove down to Chicago from Minnesota and bought the
Tiger. Second to asking my wife to marry me, it was the best decision I ever
made.

Sadly, I never got the chance to meet him in person and thank him for his
support.
May he rest in peace.
Randy ZimmermannDuluth, MN

     On Tuesday, October 7, 2014 1:05 PM, "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
wrote:

 Very sorry to hear about Dave, Rande.B  I'll keep his family in my thoughts
and prayers.

Andy Walker
Edmond, OK

---- snakebit289 <[email-masked]> wrote:
> Chicago Tiger owner Dave Johnson's son, Patrick, announced on Facebook
yesterday that his dad passed away last weekend.
>
> You'll remember that Dave was a frequent contributor to this Tiger Autox
site for years, but suffered a stroke prior to the 2011 TEAE United in French
Lick, Indiana. A restoration of Dave's former Tiger was performed by Patrick
and a friend in time for the United. Patrick and his mom took over Dave's role
as chairman of the 2011 United when it was certain that Dave could no longer
go to French Lick. All of his Tiger friends will miss Dave.

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]