Subject: [Tigers] Steering rack color

From: "Andy Walker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2014 06:20:34 -0500

Guys:

I'm starting the process of rebuilding the front end on my Mk1A and I need a
clarification on colors.  I realize that the steering rack is supposed to be
black, but you see so many of them with natural colored end sections (the
part where the steering shaft attaches).  Is the rack supposed to be
entirely black or should those sections I'm speaking of be left natural?

Thanks,

Andy Walker

Edmond, OK
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

---

From: " Ron Fraser" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2014 08:23:33 -0400

Andy
	TBON has a picture on page 172.  Undercarriage, B947001 to B9473767

Norm states; "Steering racks were completely painted black as were the track
rods, steering arms and dust shields.  Calipers were unpainted natural
steel."

Maybe Norm has further details about the undercarriage for the B382 series
and Mk II.

I don't recall any of the Calipers I have being natural steel.  They all
have a black finish.

I always tried to paint components the color as receive on my Tiger but I'm
the 4th owner so I'm not sure about the accuracy of the colors.

I painted the rack center section black with the ends either natural
aluminum or clear coat.

Ron Fraser

-----Original Message-----
From: Tigers [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Andy Walker
Sent: Thursday, October 09, 2014 7:21 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Tigers] Steering rack color

Guys:

Thanks,

Andy Walker

Edmond, OK

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]