Subject: [Tigers] Tiger hood release handle

From: snakebit289 <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2014 07:45:41 -0700

This might sound unrelated, but there was a discussion at least two years ago about the merits of the early and late design (early was the steel rod type and late was the cable. The rod type was used on Tigers up until VIN B382001825, and the cable type began at B382001826 and went through until the very last Tiger MK II.

The consensus at the time was that the rod type (early design) was the longest lasting. If my car is typical, the rod type has an unlabeled handle, and the later cable type is labeled 'Bonnet' on the handle.

Rande Bellman
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

---

From: "Andy Walker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2014 11:12:45 -0500

Thanks for that bit of info, Rande.  I've always wondered if my car should
have the cable or not, but I'm glad to see that it should have the rod
instead (B382001600).  The rod is what's on there now but I always thought
that it had probably been changed out at some point.

Thanks again,
Andy Walker

-----Original Message-----
From: Tigers [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of snakebit289
Sent: Friday, October 24, 2014 9:46 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Tigers] Tiger hood release handle

This might sound unrelated, but there was a discussion at least two years
ago about the merits of the early and late design (early was the steel rod
type and late was the cable. The rod type was used on Tigers up until VIN
B382001825, and the cable type began at B382001826 and went through until
the very last Tiger MK II.

The consensus at the time was that the rod type (early design) was the
longest lasting. If my car is typical, the rod type has an unlabeled handle,
and the later cable type is labeled 'Bonnet' on the handle.

Rande Bellman

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

---

From: Stuart Brennan <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2014 13:00:19 -0400

And for anyone with a cable release, the conversion to a rod is a "bolt
on", no drilling or other mods required.  I converted my later Tiger
(B382002452) to the rod type using a piece from an older Tiger or Alpine,
that I found in the parts room at a TE/AE United.

Stu

[email-masked]