Subject: Re: [Tigers] Mk!A on Racing Junk

From: "Andy Walker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2014 16:59:34 -0500

Hey, Larry:

I haven't seen this car yet, but it is located in Oklahoma City and, since I
live in a suburb of OKC (Edmond), I am planning on getting down to look at
it.  A friend of mine who used to own a Tiger went to look at it but the
showroom it is in was locked up tighter than a drum.  He called the guy who
has it for sale but he must not have been in the mood to discuss it as he
wouldn't even price the car.  

If memory serves, this is the car that sold at an auction (Mecum, I think)
several years back for somewhere in the neighborhood of $162K.  I'm pretty
sure the current owner is not the guy who bought it an auction so who knows
what he's got sunk in it.  I'm sure he's looking for a pretty penny for it.
If I get a chance, I'll see if I can catch the guy there before long and
take a gander at it.  It's interesting, though...per Mapquest, this guy's
showroom is in the same building that used to house a radiator shop.  In
fact, I took the radiator out of my old Alpine vintage race car there for
repair.  They screwed it up royally and I ended up having to take it
somewhere else!!!!

Andy Walker

-----Original Message-----
From: Tigers [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Larry
Mayfield
Sent: Sunday, September 14, 2014 8:42 AM
To: Tiger List
Subject: [Tigers] Mk!A on Racing Junk

Very nice looking Mk1A No price given...

Link

http://www.racingjunk.com/Sunbeam/182264776/1966-Sunbeam-Tiger.html

_________________________
drmayf
Worlds Fastest Sunbeam, period.
204.913 mph flying mile
210.779 mph exit speed
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

---

From: Gary Winblad <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2014 02:23:30 +0000 (UTC)

That car was sold again at Mecum Monterey last month, also in the $150Kish range.
A guy in my neighborhood saw it there.. he thought it was the most prefect
Tiger he had ever seen and showed me pictures he took...  he IS a Firebird
guy though..
This car was the one that was discussed on this list as the most over-hyped
marketing jobs of all time.  They took the words from the TAC certificate
and made it sound like some factory super prototype race car that is worth
a lot of money...
Gary

----- Original Message -----
From: Andy Walker <[email-masked]>
To: 'Larry Mayfield' <[email-masked]>, 'Tiger List' <[email-masked]>
Sent: Sun, 14 Sep 2014 21:59:34 -0000 (UTC)
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Mk!A on Racing Junk

Hey, Larry:

Andy Walker

-----Original Message-----

Link

[email-masked]

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]