Subject: Re: [Tigers] Tigers Digest, Vol 6, Issue 207

From: "Clyde McLaughlin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 04 Sep 2014 20:58:55 -0400

I have a Griffin radiator in an etype jag,  works and fits perfectly,
quality is excellent,  clyde

-----Original Message-----
From: Tigers [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
[email-masked]
Sent: Thursday, September 04, 2014 2:00 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Tigers Digest, Vol 6, Issue 207

Send Tigers mailing list submissions to
	[email-masked]

To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit
	http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/tigers
or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to
	[email-masked]

You can reach the person managing the list at
	[email-masked]

When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific than
"Re: Contents of Tigers digest..."

Today's Topics:

   1. tiger radiator (Brad Huff)
   2. Re: tiger radiator ([email-masked])

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Message: 1
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2014 13:17:11 -0500
From: "Brad Huff" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Subject: [Tigers] tiger radiator

Gentlemen- Any thoughts on the Griffen CU-00179 aluminum radiator and fan
combo cooling package? I have noticed a couple of scrapes on my existing
radiator (recored years ago with a thicker core). The fan has kissed the
radiator core and laid back the copper fins down to the tubes in a couple of
spots. My thinking is that the Griffen radiator with its narrower core
(1-1/2 inches vs 2-1/2 on my existing radiator) and the narrow electric fan
included with the combo might be better. I would then eliminate the stock
mechanical fan and potentially gain back some room. Any thoughts? bBrad

------------------------------

Message: 2
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2014 01:27:51 +0000 (UTC)
From: [email-masked]
To: Brad Huff <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Tigers] tiger radiator
Message-ID:
	<[email-masked]>

I have the Griffin Radiator but no experience with the combo electric fan.
At least one other Tiger owner and I had problems with the radiator
fabrication. The two side flanges for mounting to the body were welded on
wrong. They should be offset from the front of the radiator, but they offset
them in the wrong direction. If you order one make them agree upfront to
take it back at their cost if they send you one with this problem and send
you one made correctly.

Also, be sure you specify that you want one with a drain plug. It seems they
have two different sets of drawings for their Tiger radiator. Not knowing
the difference, I went with the Racing Version. That version does not have a
drain plug... Did not know that until I went to install the radiator.

Gene

----- Original Message -----

From: "Brad Huff" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Sent: Wednesday, September 3, 2014 1:17:11 PM
Subject: [Tigers] tiger radiator

Gentlemen- Any thoughts on the Griffen CU-00179 aluminum radiator and fan
combo cooling package? I have noticed a couple of scrapes on my existing
radiator (recored years ago with a thicker core). The fan has kissed the
radiator core and laid back the copper fins down to the tubes in a couple of
spots. My thinking is that the Griffen radiator with its narrower core
(1-1/2 inches vs 2-1/2 on my existing radiator) and the narrow electric fan
included with the combo might be better. I would then eliminate the stock
mechanical fan and potentially gain back some room. Any thoughts? bBrad
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

------------------------------

Subject: Digest Footer

_______________________________________________
Tigers mailing list
[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/tigers

------------------------------

End of Tigers Digest, Vol 6, Issue 207
**************************************
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

---

From: Cullen McCann <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2014 08:47:38 -0500

I also have a Griffin Radiator in a Chevy Musclecar.  Quality is
outstanding. I've had it for about 15 years. It cools a 520 horse
street machine that is infamously known for heating problems and has
never given me an ounce of trouble. That is also with a shrouded dual
electric fan setup from flexalite. I cant speak to fitment in the
Tiger, but I wouldn't hesitate to buy a Griffin product otherwise.

Cullen
Yukon, OK
Alpine 260, TAC 840

> Gentlemen- Any thoughts on the Griffen CU-00179 aluminum radiator and fan combo cooling package?

[email-masked]