Subject: [Tigers] tiger radiator

From: "Brad Huff" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2014 13:17:11 -0500

Gentlemen- Any thoughts on the Griffen CU-00179 aluminum radiator and fan
combo cooling package? I have noticed a couple of scrapes on my existing
radiator (recored years ago with a thicker core). The fan has kissed the
radiator core and laid back the copper fins down to the tubes in a couple of
spots. My thinking is that the Griffen radiator with its narrower core (1-1/2
inches vs 2-1/2 on my existing radiator) and the narrow electric fan included
with the combo might be better. I would then eliminate the stock mechanical
fan and potentially gain back some room. Any thoughts? bBrad
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2014 01:27:51 +0000 (UTC)

I have the Griffin Radiator but no experience with the combo electric fan. At least one other Tiger owner and I had problems with the radiator fabrication. The two side flanges for mounting to the body were welded on wrong. They should be offset from the front of the radiator, but they offset them in the wrong direction. If you order one make them agree upfront to take it back at their cost if they send you one with this problem and send you one made correctly. 

Also, be sure you specify that you want one with a drain plug. It seems they have two different sets of drawings for their Tiger radiator. Not knowing the difference, I went with the Racing Version. That version does not have a drain plug... Did not know that until I went to install the radiator. 

Gene 

----- Original Message -----

From: "Brad Huff" <[email-masked]> 
To: [email-masked] 
Sent: Wednesday, September 3, 2014 1:17:11 PM 
Subject: [Tigers] tiger radiator 

[email-masked] 

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive 
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked] 
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]