Subject: Re: [Tigers] Throttle cable bracket

From: "wseay" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 25 May 2014 10:43:48 -0400

Correct color is black

Will Seay - 382001570
[email-masked]
______________________________
"I think not therefore I am not" (anon)

-----Original Message----- 
From: [email-masked]
Sent: Saturday, May 24, 2014 12:25 AM
To: Andy Walker
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Throttle cable bracket

Hi Andy,

I think our cars and motors are reasonably close. My vin is1447 and it has 
the B19KC motor.

The accelerator cable holding bracket is 4 1/8 tip to tip in a straight line 
measured with the bracket on its "back" with the two bent ends facing up. 
Measurement taken in the middle of both tips. Sorry I cannot tell you what 
color, if any, it was originally painted.

You have not asked, but wanted to be sure you were aware that it attaches to 
a triangle shaped plate that attaches to two holes in the intake manifold. 
It is a pretty simple piece made out of 1/8 inch steel, with one of the 
three holes countersunk, the other two just straight through. I made one for 
my new motor using the original as a pattern. If you want more info, or a 
tracing mailed, just let me know. Apologies if you already have that 
covered, just trying to be as helpful as possible.

Gene

----- Original Message -----
From: "Andy Walker" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Sent: Friday, May 23, 2014 10:53:20 PM
Subject: [Tigers] Throttle cable bracket

Hey, guys:

Question number.well, I've forgotten now how many I've asked. This one has
to do with throttle cable brackets. I have two brackets in my parts stash
but, oddly enough, one is shorter than the other. I measured both of them
by laying them on a table on their backs with the bent part of the bracket
sticking up, then measured across the top of them from one end to the other
(if that makes any sense). Due to the nature of their bends, I tried to
measure them from the center of one end to the center of the other end and
here's what I came up with.one bracket is approximately 4 1/8" long and the
other is approximately 3 5/8" long. As you may remember, I have a mid-run
Mk1A (B382001600) in case it makes any difference. Does anyone know which
bracket I am supposed to use on a stock application? Better yet, can anyone
educate me on why I have two different length throttle cable brackets?

As always, thanks very much for the help,

Andy Walker

Edmond, OK
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: 
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: 
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]