Subject: [Tigers] Tiger Steering Wheels

From: Jeff Eakin <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Dec 2013 12:28:27 -0700

For those wanting a remanufactured Tiger Steering wheel that looks EXACTLY
as a new one I suggest you contact Ken Corbin, in Aurora, CO. (303) 364-5787
He has been making these for years. Or if you want I can email a few photos.
[email-masked]. I have had them on both my Tigers for years and love
them. He starts with an old original steering wheel in need of repair. He
applies new wood and a lot of TLC. In addition they come with a brand new
totally original looking epoxy hub.
   ~ ~ ~ 
Jeff Eakin
Pres. Colorado Assn. of Tiger Owners (C.A.T.O)
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 25 Dec 2013 19:52:39 +0000 (UTC)

I would like to add a testimonial regarding Brian Jones. I bought a Motolita wheel and adapter hub from him several years ago but still have not gotten around to installing it yet. He is an absolute prince of a fellow. He went out of his way to be helpful throughout the purchase process, including expediting the shipping. I highly recommend him to you. 

If you decide to get a Motolita wheel, getting a dished one is definitely better than a flat faced one. I got the one with the single elongated slot in each spoke. Were I to make the purchase again, I would seriously consider getting the leather covered rim rather than the wood covered one. The wood version is beautiful, but is really not much thicker than the stock wheel, if at all. From a general driving perspective, I think a thicker wheel would be more enjoyable. 

Perhaps Brian has already explained it, but aware that there are two types of adapter hubs. One allows you to keep the telescoping feature of the stock wheel, the other does not. I think there is a bit of a trick involved in getting the telescoping version installed, something I have not yet attempted. And it may not be adjustable "on the fly" like the stock one can be. Again, I do not recall the specifics. Maybe someone on the List here can clarify the installation procedure . 

At this point, I plan to just lace a nice black leather cover over the stock wheel I have to see how I like that. But if you decided on a Motolita wheel, I think you will be very happy with dealing with Brian. And as I recall, his price was the same or better than the factory, and service was first class. 

Gene 

[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 25 Dec 2013 19:53:59 +0000 (UTC)

Gene 
_____________________ 

[email-masked] 

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive 
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked] 
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]