Subject: Re: [Tigers] Tiger for sale

From: "Thomas Witt" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 28 Dec 2013 15:23:16 -0800

Hummm..., I just looked shortly after this email arrived and the car is 
still there (56 bids - $34,100) 3:20PM, Saturday Dec, 28th).  I checked the 
Registry and it shows up as having been noted in August,1984 in Southfield, 
MI.  There is no TAC as the ebay ad stated.  While there may be explanations 
for the questionable aspects, it seems wise to make notice of them.  And, if 
someone in the know can verify the car then all the better for the buyers 
piece of mind.

> Whoops, eBay ad has been removed. Either he sold the car, or possibly the 
> owner is on this list and has been keeping up with all this scrutiny?
>
> Cullen
> TAC 840
>
> Sent from my iPhone.
>
>> On Dec 27, 2013, at 10:32 PM, [email-masked] wrote:
>>
>> All,
>>
>> Yes, I know full well that is an Alpine box. I should have put a smilie 
>> on my post!  That was always a pet peeve of my dad's.
>>
>> I'd point out that while I do believe someone with a Mk 1 Tiger could 
>> decide to move their fuel pump, and then build a battery box where the 
>> Alpine had it, if someone did that, there is no way that it would look 
>> aged and original like it does in that picture - painted faded red.
>>
>> I also thought it was funny how the seller seemed to suggest it being a 
>> novel idea.
>>
>> And, yes, I could also see that if someone did move the battery out of 
>> the trunk, it would make sense to prop up the spare tire like an Alpine. 
>> It really makes for more room.
>>
>> As to the heat on the battery, in most cars I've seen, the battery is 
>> forward of the engine.  So air flow from even the fan will keep heat 
>> moving away from the radiator.  But to have the heat of the pipe going 
>> straight up to the battery seems more extreme.  But the honorable Dr. 
>> makes a good point. On the other hand, we do know that heat there causes 
>> fuel pump problems.
>>
>> I can see the larger fender supports.  I figure if there was a Tiger used 
>> for creating this car, they'd cut out the transmission cover and weld it 
>> in - bringing the spark plug hole with. So do those look like original 
>> rivets?  :-)
>>
>> ------Original Message------
>> From: Thomas Witt
>> Sender: [email-masked]
>> To: [email-masked]
>> Subject: Re: [Tigers] Tiger for sale
>> Sent: Dec 27, 2013 7:19 PM
>>
>>>>> Here is an interesting idea.<<<
>> Jay,
>>  Are you being facetious??? The reason I ask is because the presence of a
>> battery box is a question mark for a non-authentic Tiger.  It is hard to
>> tell what is under the trunk mat, but there again the spare tire location
>> causes me to ponder.  Then there is the "through the frame holes were
>> bypassed." And, I'm struggling to tell if the  frame has been reinforced
>> with all new suspension" means the bypass holes aren't there (anymore)???
>> Odd that they would reinforced be on a "rust free" Tiger.  Just 
>> saying....
>>
>> Tom
>>
>>
>>> Here is an interesting idea.  When this guy rebuilt the Tiger, he made a
>>> battery box behind the passenger seat.  I wonder how the battery does 
>>> with
>>> the
>>> heat of the exhaust below.
>>>
>>> http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=281232832701
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

---

From: Cullen1972 <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 28 Dec 2013 19:28:54 -0600

Well, your right Tom, I have no idea why I saw that. I confused myself.

Sent from my iPhone.

> On Dec 28, 2013, at 5:23 PM, "Thomas Witt" <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
>>> Yes, I know full well that is an Alpine box. I should have put a smilie on
my post!  That was always a pet peeve of my dad's.
>>> I'd point out that while I do believe someone with a Mk 1 Tiger could
decide to move their fuel pump, and then build a battery box where the Alpine
had it, if someone did that, there is no way that it would look aged and
original like it does in that picture - painted faded red.
novel idea.
>>>
>>> And, yes, I could also see that if someone did move the battery out of the
trunk, it would make sense to prop up the spare tire like an Alpine. It really
makes for more room.
>>> As to the heat on the battery, in most cars I've seen, the battery is
forward of the engine.  So air flow from even the fan will keep heat moving
away from the radiator.  But to have the heat of the pipe going straight up to
the battery seems more extreme.  But the honorable Dr. makes a good point. On
the other hand, we do know that heat there causes fuel pump problems.
>>> I can see the larger fender supports.  I figure if there was a Tiger used
for creating this car, they'd cut out the transmission cover and weld it in -
bringing the spark plug hole with. So do those look like original rivets?
:-)
saying....
with
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]