Subject: Re: [Tigers] Tiger Steering Wheels

From: Tod Brown <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Dec 2013 21:50:37 -0500

Joel:

If you want to keep the horn ring from the Tiger, about the only options 
you have are a Tiger wheel, which is wood, of course and, as you noted, 
expensive, or an Alpine wheel. The Alpine wheel is identical to the 
Tiger wheel but is made of plastic and is much more readily available 
and, hence, cheaper. There are other wood wheels that can be fitted to 
the Tiger such as Moto-Lita or Nardi but are pretty expensive and would 
not look very good with the horn ring. There are other options to allow 
for the use of the horns with such wheels but, again, it's more money. I 
notice there is a hub and horn button for a Moto-Lita wheel on eBay 
right now for $277.00. The cost of the wheel is additional, of course, 
so you can see where this is going pretty quickly. Several years ago, I 
was able to find a leather Moto-Lita wheel on eBay and a mounting hub at 
reasonable prices. In addition I found a replacement turn signal switch 
with an extra position (used to flash the high beams, I believe, in the 
original application) that I use to activate the horns by pulling the 
stalk toward me. The Lucas number is in the CAT notes, IIRC. My original 
wooden wheel and horn ring are carefully stored and, no, they are not 
for sale. Hope this helps.

Merry Christmas to All,

Tod
B382002384LRXFE
TAC#864
Original Owner
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 25 Dec 2013 11:22:06 -0500 (EST)

I was thinking about a new steering wheel/adaptor a  while back and found 
[email-masked] (mailto:[email-masked])    
was very helpful. I haven't bought one yet but the prices weren't bad. Be 
vary  weary of some e-bay ads as some will buy direct from the Manufacturers 
and jack  up the price. Just like the Traction Masters that appear on e-bay. 
Also e-bay  fees are getting ridiculous as they get 10% of the selling 
price and also charge  you 10% of the shipping charges. My next step will be 
contacting Moto-Lita  direct  http://www.moto-lita.co.uk/ and see  what they 
have to say about pricing/shipping. Also when looking for anything  use  
https://www.google.com/   .      HTH

 a message dated 12/24/2013 6:50:56 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,  
[email-masked] writes:
 
Joel:

Merry Christmas to  All,

Tod
B382002384LRXFE
TAC#864
Original  Owner

[email-masked]

Archive:  http://www.team.net/archive
Forums:  http://www.team.net/forums
Unsubscribe:  http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

---

From: Tom Parker <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Dec 2013 12:42:13 -0500

For a MotoLita lookalike, try Finish Line in Hollywood, FL
www.finishlineaccessories.com Item MK3-9. It fit my Motolita Tiger hub
perfectly. It has a slight (1 1/4//" dish). I don't know what the prices
are now, when I bought mine the MotoLita wheel was listed at $270, the
FinishLine Wheel at $135.

Tom
'67 Mark 2

On Wed, Dec 25, 2013 at 11:22 AM, <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Donate:  http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Unsubscribe:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Unsubscribe:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

[email-masked]