Subject: [Tigers] 5-bolt 289 block

From: "Mountjoy" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2013 13:27:37 -0800

Hi all,

I need a correct 5-bolt bell, 289 block for the Le Mans Coupe. The previous
block broke and is basically a boat anchor.  I'd prefer a bare block with
standard bore & main caps but would consider a complete motor. I would
consider an .020" over bore.  The blocks I'm looking for would have the
casting numbers of:

260 blocks:

C3OE-B

C4OE-B

C4OE-E

289 blocks:

C3AE-N

C4OE-C

C4OE-F

I found one locally in SoCal but it's .060 over now and needs the bores
cleaned up.  I found a standard bore in Colorado but the shipping charges of
~$500. would kill me. Anyone near the SoCal area have any leads ?

Thanks !  I really appreciate your help

Darrell
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2013 19:04:45 -0500 (EST)

I did a search here (http://car-part.com/index.htm) for 5  bolt 289 
hydraulic lifters engine came up with 1 in Tracy, Ca. Lots of  other searches 
available. HTH 

In a message dated 12/9/2013 3:53:36 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,  
[email-masked] writes:

Hi  all,

260  blocks:

C3OE-B

C4OE-B

C4OE-E

289  blocks:

C3AE-N

C4OE-C

C4OE-F

I found one  locally in SoCal but it's .060 over now and needs the bores
cleaned  up.  I found a standard bore in Colorado but the shipping charges  
of
~$500. would kill me. Anyone near the SoCal area have any leads  ?

Darrell

[email-masked]

Archive:  http://www.team.net/archive
Forums:  http://www.team.net/forums
Unsubscribe:  http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

---

From: "Mountjoy" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2013 17:41:47 -0800

I'm going through the resources.  Thanks for this referral !

Darrell

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: [email-masked]
  To: [email-masked] ; [email-masked]
  Sent: Monday, December 09, 2013 4:04 PM
  Subject: Re: [Tigers] 5-bolt 289 block

  I did a search here (http://car-part.com/index.htm) for 5 bolt 289 hydraulic
lifters engine came up with 1 in Tracy, Ca. Lots of other searches available.
HTH

    I need a correct 5-bolt bell, 289 block for the Le Mans Coupe. The
previous
    block broke and is basically a boat anchor.  I'd prefer a bare block with
    standard bore & main caps but would consider a complete motor. I would
    consider an .020" over bore.  The blocks I'm looking for would have the
    casting numbers of:

    260 blocks:

    C3OE-B

    C4OE-B

    C4OE-E

    289 blocks:

    C3AE-N

    C4OE-C

    C4OE-F

    Darrell

    [email-masked]

    Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
    Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
    Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
    Unsubscribe:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]