Subject: [Tigers] Maxwell Smart Tiger

From: Jay Laifman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2013 21:14:28 -0800

I was just watching an episode with my son.  It was about max overhearing a
plot to kill rocket scientists, but then lost his memory because of some
pills.  The best part is that it featured the car for much of the episode.  I
know that the history is that an Alpine was used when the machine gun popped
out of the bonnet.  I'm sure it was used for lots of other scenes scenes. But
in the driving scenes on this episode, it was definitely a Tiger (with dual
exhausts).  They really tossed the car around too.

But interestingly with all the scenes where they were sitting in the car or
standing next to it, it had a S1-S2 windscreen on the car (with no glass).
But it still had the S3-SV/Tiger quarter windows.  I had no idea they could be
swapped that way.  The back edge of the frame clearly curved, while the
quarter window forward edge was straight.

Just some interesting tid bits.
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

---

From: "Norman C. Miller" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 Dec 2013 08:41:27 -0800

The "Get Smart" Tiger (listef in Ian Garrad's West Coast company cars listing) has never been claimed by anyone

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE Smartphone

-------- Original message --------
From: [email-masked] 
Date: 12/03/2013  7:29 AM  (GMT-08:00) 
To: Cullen McCann <[email-masked]> 
Cc: Tiger List <[email-masked]> 
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Maxwell Smart Tiger 
 
IIRC, one story says that Don Adams ended up with a Tiger from the show, drove it a few years, but one of his kids totaled it. 

Stu 

After all of the discussion about the Get Smart Tiger over the years, I
have lost track of what was said about its location. Where is that Tiger
now? Do we know what production unit it is/was?

Cullen

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]