Subject: Re: [Tigers] Tigers Digest, Vol 5, Issue 410

From: "Mountjoy" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2013 14:30:19 -0800

Dear Tiger friends,

I wanted to update you on my search for a 5-bolt, 289 block for our Sunbeam 
Lister Tiger.  I can't believe the terriffic and plentiful responses I've 
gotten from this community.  I am truly humbled.

Thanks to all your input I have found a "correct" block.  The casting number 
and date code are correct for what would have been installed by Bernard 
Unett after the Le Mans race in late '64.  The block I found is .030 over, 
will clean up with just a honing and should be good for many events.

Although the block from the race car was .040 over when I put it together 
eleven years ago, the damage it sustained did not make it feasible to extend 
the bore.  Although re-sleeving was an option it was one I did not want to 
do.

The next scheduled event for the car is SUNI.  Hope to see many of you 
there.

Again, thank you for all your support and assistance.

Merry Christmas,

Darrell
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]