Subject: Re: [Tigers] Regulators

From: " Ron Fraser" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 8 Dec 2013 10:34:07 -0500

Owain
	I would suggest you try to find someone who can rebuild that
alternator.  I have done that with several and it generally costs less than
$100.  Maybe there is a better fix for that internal regulator that comes
with a rebuild.

Sometimes you can find kits to rebuild alternators that have all the parts
you need.

	I'm not the electrical guy but I believe that regulator has to have
similar amperage capacity as the alternator output otherwise they will burn
each other out.

Ron Fraser

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
On Behalf Of Owain Lloyd
Sent: Saturday, December 07, 2013 11:59 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Tigers] Regulators

While not strictly tiger related, i have a problem I think the list may have
the expertise to help with.  I have an alternator that the internal
regulator has failed on.  Replacing the whole alternator is not such an easy
choice as its $1000 (don't ask!) and there is no reason to believe the
regulator would not fail again.

The regulator used inside has 4 wires.  One to the live wire, one to the
charge light and two to the diode bridge.  I happen to have a four wire
Lucas regulator here that I'm hoping to use as a replacement but I don't
really know how it should be wired up.  The link below shows a pic of the
Lucas regulator and more of the old regulator and the wiring in the
alternator.

Can anyone explain how it had been wired, and how the (if possible) I could
use the replacement?

Many thanks indeed.

https://www.dropbox.com/sc/v1qrr6i0rnld4og/FgJpXtP1Qb
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]