Subject: Re: [Tigers] Maxwell Smart Tiger

From: michael king <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2013 16:20:36 +1100

Jay that's very odd regarding the early screen and 1/4 windows.. they would
not fit without modificaitn as the screens sit at different angles... as
for the driving scenes.. don't be sure it wasn't an alpine.. I was watching
one a while back and noticed that there was carb smoke coming out the left
rear pipe.. nothing from the right... i suspect alpine as in the aerial
shot you could see an alpine trans shifter.

As a side note in some episodes the car has non peaked chrome rims.. LAT 70
wheels and in some crash scenes they used a S3 Alpine.

On 3 December 2013 16:14, Jay Laifman <[email-masked]> wrote:

> I was just watching an episode with my son.  It was about max overhearing a
> plot to kill rocket scientists, but then lost his memory because of some
> pills.  The best part is that it featured the car for much of the episode.
>  I
> know that the history is that an Alpine was used when the machine gun
> popped
> out of the bonnet.  I'm sure it was used for lots of other scenes scenes.
> But
> in the driving scenes on this episode, it was definitely a Tiger (with dual
> exhausts).  They really tossed the car around too.
>
> But interestingly with all the scenes where they were sitting in the car or
> standing next to it, it had a S1-S2 windscreen on the car (with no glass).
> But it still had the S3-SV/Tiger quarter windows.  I had no idea they
> could be
> swapped that way.  The back edge of the frame clearly curved, while the
> quarter window forward edge was straight.
>
> Just some interesting tid bits.
> _______________________________________________
>
> [email-masked]
>
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]
>
>
>

-- 
Regards

Michael King
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

---

From: Jay Laifman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2013 21:31:29 -0800

I could have sworn exhaust was coming out of both pipes.  But, I can't swear
to that - and sadly we deleted the episode.  But, I can swear to the S1-S2
windshield frame (without glass).  Completely odd.

The shots when they were looking over their shoulders, at the dash and over
the bonnet, were a bit odd.  The dash was black, the clock was covered with a
round flat black disk.  There was a factory radio.  But the shifter was not a
TIger or Alpine shifter that I've ever seen.

> Jay that's very odd regarding the early screen and 1/4 windows.. they would
not fit without modificaitn as the screens sit at different angles... as for
the driving scenes.. don't be sure it wasn't an alpine.. I was watching one a
while back and noticed that there was carb smoke coming out the left rear
pipe.. nothing from the right... i suspect alpine as in the aerial shot you
could see an alpine trans shifter.
I
popped
But
> But it still had the S3-SV/Tiger quarter windows.  I had no idea they could
be

[email-masked]

---

From: Cullen McCann <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2013 08:35:41 -0600

After all of the discussion about the Get Smart Tiger over the years, I
have lost track of what was said about its location. Where is that Tiger
now? Do we know what production unit it is/was?

Cullen

On Mon, Dec 2, 2013 at 11:14 PM, Jay Laifman <[email-masked]> wrote:

> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2013 15:29:54 +0000 (UTC)

IIRC, one story says that Don Adams ended up with a Tiger from the show, drove it a few years, but one of his kids totaled it. 

Stu 

Cullen

[email-masked]

---

From: Don Antilla <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 Dec 2013 11:12:04 -0500

Tiger enthusiasts: I participated in a BMW-sponsored 1400 mile motorcycle
Charity Run in California in 2009. The trip started out in Long Beach,
went up to Yosemite, Death Valley, Morro Bay etc.,  and finally wound its
way back to the LA area.
The event culminated in a big parade and a gathering near Grauman's
Theater and included many Hollywood movie cars;  this Tiger was one of the
cars.
I have a few more photos if you want them.

Don A

On 12/3/13 9:35 AM, "Cullen McCann" <[email-masked]> wrote:

>http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of Tiger gun.jpg]

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of Get Smart Cockpit.jpg]
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]