Subject: Re: [Tigers] Headlights

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2013 12:45:23 -0500 (EST)

Thanks for the detailed response. 
 
I really like the "period correct" look of the PL700, but it seems possible 
 to pick up performance with a more modern design. I've also heard that QC 
on the  reproductions can be somewhat hit/miss?
 
Mike

In a message dated 12/28/2013 1:12:15 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,  
[email-masked] writes:

Mike,
Consider these GE Nighthawk Sport H6024NHS 7" sealed  beams, they put out
twice the light on low beam over the old incandescents  and are only 35 
watts
per lamp. They are low enough of a draw you can use  them as DRL (daylight
running lamps) for additional visibility even running  the generator. The
high beams are 65 watts and throw quite a nice  pattern.

On sale now at  Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/GE-H6024NHS-Nighthawk-Automotive-Headlight/dp/B0017ODW
1C/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1388263695&sr=8-1&keywords=ge+H6024NHS

Be  forewarned, the classic sealed beam will completely disappear in a  
couple
years, if ANYONE needs headlights you better buy some now and stash  them
away.

Be very wary of buying old non-sealed lamp shells such as  the P700 or
Hella/Cibie types, as the reflective coating inside decays  rapidly and you
wind up loosing much of the light output. This is a  fundamental problem 
with
this type of forward lighting, which is why the  DOT outlawed them back in
the '50's. A sealed beam always gives you a fresh  reflector with every new
lamp.

Bugz - 32 years in the  Automotive/Halogen lighting industry

-----Original  Message-----
From: [email-masked]
Sent: Saturday, December 28, 2013  1:49 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Tigers]  Headlights

Other options? I'm thinking a more modern Hella (or  equivalent) halogen  
might function  better?

TIA
Mike
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]