Subject: [Tigers] Regulators

From: Owain Lloyd <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 7 Dec 2013 23:58:51 -0500

While not strictly tiger related, i have a problem I think the list may
have the expertise to help with.  I have an alternator that the internal
regulator has failed on.  Replacing the whole alternator is not such an
easy choice as its $1000 (don't ask!) and there is no reason to believe the
regulator would not fail again.

The regulator used inside has 4 wires.  One to the live wire, one to the
charge light and two to the diode bridge.  I happen to have a four wire
Lucas regulator here that I'm hoping to use as a replacement but I don't
really know how it should be wired up.  The link below shows a pic of the
Lucas regulator and more of the old regulator and the wiring in the
alternator.

Can anyone explain how it had been wired, and how the (if possible) I could
use the replacement?

Many thanks indeed.

https://www.dropbox.com/sc/v1qrr6i0rnld4og/FgJpXtP1Qb
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]