Subject: [Tigers] Steering Wheels

From: "Curt Bowland" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Dec 2013 19:31:45 -0600

One of the considerations I have not heard addressed regarding the use of a
wood or wood rimed steering wheel.

One of the concerns in Vintage Racing circles is that of wood rim steering
wheels. The concern revolve around the potential of wood splinters entering
the driver while under impact.

I doubt many of you will concern yourself with an issue like this but
awareness never hurts.

I also happen to really like the feel of my leather wrapped wheel!

Just my .02

Regards, and Happy New Year

Curt in Chicago
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 27 Dec 2013 22:00:09 -0500 (EST)

Agree on all points. Add in the cumbersome 15" diameter and thin section  
and I couldn't wait to replace the oem wheel...which is nicely boxed and  
sitting on the shelf at the garage mahal ;-)
 
I did see an interesting wheel today on a car built by Dale, which had a  
14" diameter wood rim, with a custom fabricated horn ring, which was  
visually very close to the stock set up. 

In a message dated 12/27/2013 5:32:19 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,  
[email-masked] writes:

Just my .02

Curt in  Chicago

[email-masked]

Archive:  http://www.team.net/archive
Forums:  http://www.team.net/forums
Unsubscribe:  
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

---

From: Chip Broadbooks <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 28 Dec 2013 09:28:30 -0500

I am going to be much more worried about the car than splinters. If I hit
hard enough that the steering wheel comes apart, chances are, I am not
walking away.
Then Dad will meet me outside the Pearly Gates to whip my ass for what I
have done to his car....
On Dec 27, 2013 8:32 PM, "Curt Bowland" <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

[email-masked]