Subject: Re: [Tigers] Tiger passenger footrest

From: "Dave Munroe" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 8 Dec 2013 09:19:42 -0400

Robert:

The Alpine trans tunnel is narrower than the Tiger tunnel, so the Alpine 
false floor is wider to fill the space.

There is a shop in New England that claims the original Tiger FF was made by 
cutting down the Alpine FF. From looking at mine, I believe that could be 
true. They make Tiger false floors the same way and frequently sell them on 
eBay. They also re-build brake vacuum units, a-arms, body panels, etc.

I have no interest other than as a satisfied customer.

Here is one of their eBay listings:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sunbeam-Alpine-Tiger-others-License-Plate-Bracket-/281155909288?pt=Vintage_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item417632b6a8&vxp=mtr

Contact Randy Willett at this shop. He also makes the small brackets that 
hold the FF to the floor.

Here is a FF for sale from another seller on eBay. I am not familiar with 
this seller.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SUNBEAM-TIGER-PASSENGER-SIDE-FALSE-FLOOR-PANEL/131057972986?_trksid=p2045573.m2042&_trkparms=aid%3D111000%26algo%3DREC.CURRENT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D27%26meid%3D3252511213259577981%26pid%3D100033%26prg%3D1011%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D4%26sd%3D131057972986%26

Good luck with your resto!

Dave

From: " Ron Fraser" <[email-masked]>
"'Bates,Robert E Jr'" <[email-masked]>

Sent: Saturday, December 07, 2013 9:12 PM
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Tiger passenger footrest

Robert and Cullen:

 I don't believe the Alpine footrest is the same as the Tiger but it
 might be possible to make an Alpine part into the Tiger footrest.

 Ron Fraser

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Sent from my iPhone.

 On Dec 7, 2013, at 1:06 PM, "Bates,Robert E Jr"
[email-masked]>
 wrote:

 Guys:  I'm finishing the restoration on my '66 Tiger and I need to
 find a passenger footrest.  Anyone have an extra for sale?  Or know of a
 source?

 My car did not have a footrest when I got it, so I don't even have a
pattern. So even a photo would help.

Any help appreciated.  Thanks.

 Bob Bates
_______________________________________________

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of False Floor4.jpg]

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of FF Firewall sideEM.jpg]

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of False Floor BRKTS2.jpg]

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of FF small brackets installedem.jpg]

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of Flor finished passsideem.jpg]
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

---

From: "Bates,Robert E Jr" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 8 Dec 2013 13:56:39 +0000

Dave:  Thanks for the great pictures.  They will be very helpful as I install
carpet and finish the car.

I'll contact Randy.

Bob

________________________________________
From: Dave Munroe [[email-masked]]
Sent: Sunday, December 08, 2013 8:19 AM
To: [email-masked]; Bates,Robert E Jr
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Tiger passenger footrest

Robert:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sunbeam-Alpine-Tiger-others-License-Plate-Bracket-/28
1155909288?pt=Vintage_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item417632b6a8&vxp=mtr

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SUNBEAM-TIGER-PASSENGER-SIDE-FALSE-FLOOR-PANEL/131057
972986?_trksid=p2045573.m2042&_trkparms=aid%3D111000%26algo%3DREC.CURRENT%26a
o%3D1%26asc%3D27%26meid%3D3252511213259577981%26pid%3D100033%26prg%3D1011%26r
k%3D1%26rkt%3D4%26sd%3D131057972986%26

Dave

Robert and Cullen:

 Ron Fraser

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
---
 Sent from my iPhone.

 Bob Bates

[email-masked]