Subject: Re: [Tigers] Another Question...Entertainment / Navigation System

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2013 13:03:59 +0000 (UTC)

Yes, a number of us have them.  You can see what road you are on, signs for upcoming turns, speed limits, and all that great info.  It's so big is has two little cleaning devices dedicated to it.  It's called "the windshield".  Oh, and the sound system is by Ford.

Stu
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

---

From: Larry Mayfield <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2013 05:36:32 -0800

Aahh, well... twas a serious question....

larry

______________________________
drmayf
Worlds Fastest Sunbeam, period.
204.913 mph flying mile
210.779 mph exit speed

[email-masked]

---

From: "Rense, Mark (GE, Appl & Light)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2013 13:40:57 +0000

I have a very high-end sound system in my Tiger:

Music source: Shell V-Power 94, Sunoco Ultra 93, BP Amoco Ultimate 93
Pre-amp: Holley 670 Street Avenger
Amplifier: Ford 289 with 331 stroker kit
Speakers: Magnaflow 11224

Any questions?

[email-masked]

---

From: Larry Mayfield <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2013 06:07:13 -0800

was there something silly in the question I asked? I love my sirius xm, 
my blue tooth phone and nav systems.  I was actually hoping that one of 
you had installed something like that in your cars and I could get a 
jump on searching for one I like for after market install, but I guess not.

larry

[email-masked]

---

From: Tom Parker <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2013 09:27:26 -0500

Larry,

I have an Alpine Stereo Radio (Model CDE 103BT if it matters...)  in the
Kitty that can do most of what you want (I think... hope...). I mounted the
front speakers in the side recesses, the rear speakers on the baggage tray.
It works well except the car noise overwhelms the sound system unless I
really turn it up (which works fine tuned to an "oldies" station...). And I
carry a Garmin that sticks to the windshield if I need
 driving directions... and a smartphone which can do most stuff as long as
the sun isn't shining on it...

There's room for a "Tray" in ahead of the shifter if you need space for
toys...

Tom
'67 Mark 2

On Fri, Nov 22, 2013 at 9:07 AM, Larry Mayfield <[email-masked]> wrote:

> was there something silly in the question I asked? I love my sirius xm, my
> blue tooth phone and nav systems.  I was actually hoping that one of you
> had installed something like that in your cars and I could get a jump on
> searching for one I like for after market install, but I guess not.
>
> larry
>
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/tkparker1941@
> gmail.com

[email-masked]

---

From: "Rense, Mark (GE, Appl & Light)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2013 14:29:43 +0000

OK, on a serious note, I adapted a standard bracket to hang a Garmin just
under the dash pad. It is held on with two little C-clamps underneath so no
cutting/damage involved, and is wired to the solenoid with an in-line fuse. I
used generic parts found in most El Cheapo Auto Parts stores. The most useful
thing about it is giving me an accurate reading of my speed.

As for music, my Tigers, like my motorcycles, are my therapy time away from
the daily clatter of the Human Stain so I prefer no sound track. However, on
long trips I do listen and use good isolation earbuds like the Shure SE315s
plugged into the iPhone, they are excellent for damping out the roar when
required (35+dB), and the fidelity is quite good for open car usage. The
ambient noise in a Tiger at 70 mph is well over 95dBs and worse with the soft
top up, at least according to my sound meter, so a high quality sound system
seems a bit useless in the car. Also, I did not want to commit to drilling
holes and other such damage to the interior.

Bugz

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On
Behalf Of Larry Mayfield
Sent: Friday, November 22, 2013 8:37 AM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Another Question...Entertainment / Navigation System

larry

[email-masked]

---

From: Larry Mayfield <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2013 14:58:59 -0800

Yup, that's the kind of info I wuz looking for.  I will investigate...  
and thanks!

larry

On 11/22/2013 6:27 AM, Tom Parker wrote:
> Larry,
>
> I have an Alpine Stereo Radio (Model CDE 103BT if it matters...)  in 
> the Kitty that can do most of what you want (I think... hope...). I 
> mounted the front speakers in the side recesses, the rear speakers on 
> the baggage tray. It works well except the car noise overwhelms the 
> sound system unless I really turn it up (which works fine tuned to an 
> "oldies" station...). And I carry a Garmin that sticks to the 
> windshield if I need
>  driving directions... and a smartphone which can do most stuff as 
> long as the sun isn't shining on it...
>
> There's room for a "Tray" in ahead of the shifter if you need space 
> for toys...
>
> Tom
> '67 Mark 2
>
>
> On Fri, Nov 22, 2013 at 9:07 AM, Larry Mayfield <[email-masked] 
>
>     was there something silly in the question I asked? I love my
>     sirius xm, my blue tooth phone and nav systems.  I was actually
>     hoping that one of you had installed something like that in your
>     cars and I could get a jump on searching for one I like for after
>     market install, but I guess not.
>
>     larry
>
>     Unsubscribe:
>     http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

[email-masked]

---

From: "Smit, Theo" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2013 23:12:12 +0000

Larry,
I don't currently have a stereo in the Tiger (need to shush the exhaust system
and possibly my driving habits some before a stereo would be more than futile)
but this thing caught my eye yesterday:

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Car/AppRadio/AppRadio+3+%28SPH-DA210%2
9

Reasonably priced for a full-screen double DIN unit (it's on for $350 at our
local FutureShop), integrates with phones, and has map support apps and
whatnot. No direct GPS integration that I can see but you can possibly do that
through a suitable phone.

Cheers,
Theo

________________________________

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email and any attachments are for the sole use of
the intended recipient(s) and contain information that may be confidential
and/or legally privileged. If you have received this email in error, please
notify the sender by reply email and delete the message. Any disclosure,
copying, distribution or use of this communication (including attachments) by
someone other than the intended recipient is prohibited. Thank you.
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

---

From: michael king <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 23 Nov 2013 10:41:09 +1100

Mayf,

I have some pictures somewhere of a guy in Australia who made a console
under the dash and installed one... not my choice.. and by the sounds of
the comedic responses.. not that of many here (they do look out of place in
our cars) I will email you the picture soon.

I did however say to someone the other day... if you wanted a sat nav
system you could use the original style radio console and mount it behind
the speakwr grill and have the grill on a hinge so that it flipped out of
the way and you have the sat nav.. a bit james bond.. but at least the car
wont look like a pimp my ride special when you pull up. :)

On 23 November 2013 01:07, Larry Mayfield <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/michael.s.king@
> gmail.com
>
>
>

-- 
Regards

Michael King

[email-masked]

---

From: "Teepen, Jere" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2013 18:51:14 -0500

Or use the navigation system on your smart phone.  That is assuming everyone
has one.

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On
Behalf Of michael king
Sent: Friday, November 22, 2013 3:41 PM
To: drmayf
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Another Question...Entertainment / Navigation System

Mayf,

I have some pictures somewhere of a guy in Australia who made a console under
the dash and installed one... not my choice.. and by the sounds of the comedic
responses.. not that of many here (they do look out of place in our cars) I
will email you the picture soon.

I did however say to someone the other day... if you wanted a sat nav system
you could use the original style radio console and mount it behind the speakwr
grill and have the grill on a hinge so that it flipped out of the way and you
have the sat nav.. a bit james bond.. but at least the car wont look like a
pimp my ride special when you pull up. :)

On 23 November 2013 01:07, Larry Mayfield <[email-masked]> wrote:

> was there something silly in the question I asked? I love my sirius
> xm, my blue tooth phone and nav systems.  I was actually hoping that
> one of you had installed something like that in your cars and I could
> get a jump on searching for one I like for after market install, but I guess
not.

[email-masked]