Subject: [Tigers] Sunbeam Tiger Cost Question

From: Tucker Brown <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 24 Nov 2013 15:53:47 -0500

Hi Everyone,

I've been becoming interested in classic cars over the last few years, and I
recently came across the Sunbeam Tiger.  Needless to say it was love at first
sight for a number of reasons.  I am just curious about how much it may cost
to realize my dream someday.  In a perfect world, I would find a driver that
would work for a number of years, with hopes of restoring it down the line.
What is a reasonable expectation to pay for a Sunbeam Tiger Mark 1A in
drivable condition?  I know there are different levels of restoration, but
what do you think the range for that may be?

Thank you for your help! This is a great resource!

Tucker Brown
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 24 Nov 2013 17:52:20 -0500 (EST)

http://www.mecum.com/auctions/lot_detail.cfm?LOT_ID=AN1113-167986
 
I saw this car before it went to auction; needed paint, top redone(missing  
back glass moldings), interior work, no spare cover, 70's glue on side 
moldings,  windshield scratched and all rubbers bad.  Had screws holding ID 
plate and  the motor was frozen. This went for $28,000.00. So that is what you 
are looking  at these days. Do a E-Bay Motors search for Sunbeam, highest 
price and get  e-mail for new listings. Check Hemming's and Craig list every 
week and you may  find a nice one. I found mine in Hemming's a few years back 
and spent  $18  for it. One owner and garaged for most of it's life 0 rust. 
All the mechanicals  are done, just needs some trim work and a new top. Good 
Luck

In a message dated 11/24/2013 12:55:39 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,  
[email-masked] writes:

Hi  Everyone,

I've been becoming interested in classic cars over the last  few years, and 
I
recently came across the Sunbeam Tiger.  Needless to  say it was love at 
first
sight for a number of reasons.  I am just  curious about how much it may 
cost
to realize my dream someday.  In a  perfect world, I would find a driver 
that
would work for a number of years,  with hopes of restoring it down the line.
What is a reasonable expectation  to pay for a Sunbeam Tiger Mark 1A in
drivable condition?  I know  there are different levels of restoration, but
what do you think the range  for that may be?

Tucker  Brown

[email-masked]

Archive:  http://www.team.net/archive
Forums:  http://www.team.net/forums
Unsubscribe:  http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

---

From: "James Lindner" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 24 Nov 2013 19:42:50 -0500

Tucker

I will second Chris' recommendation to remain engaged through this 
List...and other forums for that matter. Three and a half years ago I did 
exactly as Chris said and a member of this List gave me a heads up and a buy 
recommendation on a Tiger that was becoming available (Thanks Paul). It was 
an absolutely beautiful car, fully restored with only 7k miles since the 
restoration. I paid a bit more than I had originally planned, but I just 
followed the advice Chris gave to buy as much car as you can afford. I 
bought it and have been enjoying it ever since.

I know some of the valuation tools out there are a bit inflated.  The 
Valuation tool at Hagerty Insurance does not seem to bad in that regard. You 
can check it out at 
http://www.hagerty.com/valuationtools/HVT/VehicleSearch/Report?vc=1335693

Good Luck in your search.

Jim

-----Original Message----- 
From: Tucker Brown
Sent: Sunday, November 24, 2013 3:53 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Tigers] Sunbeam Tiger Cost Question

Hi Everyone,

Tucker Brown

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

---

From: michael king <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2013 11:58:35 +1100

Tucker,

i support the advice of the previous respondents. My advice to you is work
out your maximum budget for a car and buy the one with the best possible
body you can within that range. The money to put right metal work easily
outweighs any other cost on these cars. Most all the soft trim, mechanical
and rubbers are available repro or without much effort.

Another thing to consider is what you want from the car..
do you want to have an original car?
An original looking car with some improvements?
Or a modified car?
This will impact on choice. There are a few parts unique to the cars that
if you want an original appearing car you meed to know will costs you
significant $ to replace.. air filter housing, original wooden wheel,
radiator shroud, shifter, header tank all bring good money so if they are
missing them and you want them... bare it in mind.

Last but not least.. get the car checked out.. make sure you are buying
what you expect, if you dont want a rebodied car... get the car checked by
someone who can make sure it is a true tiger or look at cars that are TAC'd
or unrestored.

join the forums... join the clubs.. go to meetings and get to know some
peoepl, they might hear of a car and put you o the right track.

On 25 November 2013 07:53, Tucker Brown <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Unsubscribe:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]
>
>
>

-- 
Regards

Michael King

[email-masked]