Subject: Re: [Tigers] hardtop headliner extra material?

From: "Kirk Smith" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 05 Nov 2013 22:47:05 -0800

Alex- I don't have any pictures to send you at the moment, but, my c-pillar
is covered in the same material as the headliner of the hardtop.  Mine could
have been restored by the previous owner.  However, it does look correct to
my eye.

Kirk   

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
On Behalf Of Alex Haugland
Sent: Tuesday, November 05, 2013 8:38 PM
To: tiger list
Subject: [Tigers] hardtop headliner extra material?

I'm in the process of restoring a hardtop for my Tiger.  The hardtop I have
came to me stripped bare, along with some of the needed parts to reassemble
it.  I've since tracked down all the missing bits, have had it painted am
now putting it back together. I'm at the point where I'm looking at fitting
the headliner, which, for the most part, is straightforward.  The only
question that's come up for me, however, is that the headliner from Sunbeam
Specialties came with an additional length of material which I'm unsure of
the purpose of.
Is it to cover the C pillars? (all the photos I've seen have had the C
Pillars
bare)  Sun visors?  Something else? I want to make sure that I'm not missing
something before fitting the headliner itself.  Thanks!

--Alex Haugland
Eugene, Oregon
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

---

From: "Dave Munroe" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2013 10:22:15 -0400

Alex:

You aren't geting a lot of feedback, and I just saw your request. The 
headliner material is riveted to a metal strip at the front and then folded 
back to the rear and pulled tight. That metal edge has a sharp edge and 
could easily cut through the liner material in time, so this extra piece 
supplied by SS is to lay over that edge under the headliner to cushion and 
protect it from possible damage from that strip.

I've attached a photo of that area...

Also, the headliner does not cover the "C" pillars....it fold under itself 
just down past the top of the H'top window. Another photo is attached.

Best of luck with your project..

Dave
B382000450

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Alex Haugland" <[email-masked]>
To: "tiger list" <[email-masked]>
Sent: Wednesday, November 06, 2013 12:38 AM
Subject: [Tigers] hardtop headliner extra material?

> now
> putting it back together. I'm at the point where I'm looking at fitting 
> the
> headliner, which, for the most part, is straightforward.  The only 
> question
> that's come up for me, however, is that the headliner from Sunbeam 
> Specialties
> came with an additional length of material which I'm unsure of the purpose 
> of.
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of em What a nicely fitted headliner looks like.jpg]

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of em Corner HLiner front corner attachment.jpg]
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

---

From: Alex Haugland <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Nov 2013 07:21:33 -0800

Thank you very much!  That makes a lot of sense and, if nothing else, is 
a very logical use for the material.  Every photo I've seen, along with 
a couple in person hasn't had the C pillars covered, though it would be 
easy to do with the material provided, so I was reluctant to cover them 
until I had more proof one way or the other.  Thank you also for the 
photos as it helps clear up how the headliner is literally riveted to 
the metal strip.  Armed with this information, hopefully by the end of 
the day today, I'll have the headliner finished and be on to fitting the 
rear window.

--Alex Haugland
Eugene, Oregon
B9470334LRXFE

On 11/6/2013 6:22 AM, Dave Munroe wrote:
> headliner material is riveted to a metal strip at the front and then 
> folded back to the rear and pulled tight. That metal edge has a sharp 
> edge and could easily cut through the liner material in time, so this 
> extra piece supplied by SS is to lay over that edge under the 
> headliner to cushion and protect it from possible damage from that strip.
>
> Also, the headliner does not cover the "C" pillars....it fold under 
> itself just down past the top of the H'top window. Another photo is 
> attached.
>

[email-masked]

---

From: Jay Laifman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2013 10:47:10 -0800

Dang it!  I wish I knew that 18 years ago when I did mine.  Rick is great.
But where were the instructions in the package!

On Wed, Nov 6, 2013 at 6:22 AM, Dave Munroe <[email-masked]> wrote:

> [demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of
> em What a nicely fitted headliner looks like.jpg]
>
> [demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of
> em Corner HLiner front corner attachment.jpg]
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

[email-masked]