Subject: Re: [Tigers] Spares Provisioning

From: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2013 15:10:27 -0500

a couple of plugs, tools, belts, duct tape, oil, fuses, tire plugs and
compressor, first aid kit, flares, AAA card, water, cell phone. plastic
tarp

If you have an MSD box, a spare one, super glue, JB weld, lamps,

Michael Shortt

On Thu, Nov 7, 2013 at 2:38 PM, Bill Rogers <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Here is the question. We have a fairly well sorted Mk1 Tiger where almost
> everything has been gone through over the last 30 years and we drive it
> almost
> every month with few problems. If you were taking it on a 2000 mile trip
> what
> spares would you carry, assuming limited space?
> _______________________________________________
>
> [email-masked]
>
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]
>
>
>

-- 

Michael L. Shortt
Savannah, Georgia
www.michaelshortt.com
[email-masked]
912-232-9390

This email is protected by the Electronic Communications Privacy
Act, 18 U.S.C. Sec. 2510-2521, is confidential and may be legally
privileged.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified
that any retention, dissemination, distribution or copying of this
communication is strictly prohibited.  Please reply to the sender that you
have received this message in error, then delete it.  Thank you
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

---

From: Owain Lloyd <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2013 18:55:36 -0500

no need for oil as its available everywhere.  or coolant as you can use
drinking water.

i would take drinking water, throttle cable, voltage regulator (even if
internal to alternator), fan belt, some kind of rad weld, tank tape,
electrical tape and some wire, spare wheel or compressor and sealant,
points if you still use them, and maybe a coil.  maybe brake fluid.  maybe
a 1-2 gallon petrol can.

anything else and it starts to get too heavy and not very helpful.

On Thu, Nov 7, 2013 at 5:28 PM, Ron Fraser <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Bill
>         Bill you got a good number of spare suggestions.  I carry a small
> box with a few hydraulic rebuild kits with a few cotter pins and small nuts
> and bolts - never had to use any of the kits but just in case, fan belt,
> throttle cable, scissors jack and extra tools, 1/2 gal jug of coolant, some
> oil and brake fluid.  I think I would also suggest some rubber fuel line
> and
> a spare fuel filter.
>
>         For the trip to SUNI in Big Sky, the last spare I threw in was a
> spare coil.  I took a side trip into the Big Horn mountains and part way in
> the engine went silent.  I was luckily at a scenic overlook and pulled
> right
> in, opened the hood and let the engine cool.  I figured either the fuel or
> the spark died.  I checked the fuel first - OK.  Pulled the spare Ford
> Yellow top coil out; used 2 jumper wires to connect it and the engine fire
> right up.  Drove to the nearest Town, Buffalo Wyoming and bought another
> coil to mount in properly.  I also had a throttle cable break at Big Sky,
> the voltage regulator acted up on the way home, a misfire at altitude and
> the right outside mirror glass fell out for some reason around the Little
> Big Horn area.  I think Gen. Custer's ghost needed a mirror and swiped it.
> The voltage regulator got an alternator conversion.  Misfires can happen
> with altitude, I just turned around and went down to clear that.
>
> So spare coil and spark plugs
>
>
> Have a great trip and may nothing go wrong for you.
>
> Ron Fraser
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
> On Behalf Of Bill Rogers
> Sent: Thursday, November 07, 2013 2:38 PM
> To: Tigers
> Subject: [Tigers] Spares Provisioning
>
>
> almost every month with few problems. If you were taking it on a 2000 mile
> trip what spares would you carry, assuming limited space?
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]
>
>
>
>
> -----
> No virus found in this message.
> Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
> Version: 2014.0.4158 / Virus Database: 3615/6807 - Release Date: 11/04/13
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

[email-masked]