Subject: [Tigers] Spares Provisioning

From: "Bill Rogers" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2013 11:38:12 -0800

Here is the question. We have a fairly well sorted Mk1 Tiger where almost
everything has been gone through over the last 30 years and we drive it almost
every month with few problems. If you were taking it on a 2000 mile trip what
spares would you carry, assuming limited space?
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

---

From: Scott Hutchinson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2013 20:59:01 +0000

Throttle cable.

Scott Hutchinson
Pilot, NetJets Aviation

Mobile 843.290.2805

----- Original Message -----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Thursday, November 07, 2013 03:10 PM
To: Bill Rogers <[email-masked]>
Cc: Tigers <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Spares Provisioning

a couple of plugs, tools, belts, duct tape, oil, fuses, tire plugs and
compressor, first aid kit, flares, AAA card, water, cell phone. plastic
tarp

If you have an MSD box, a spare one, super glue, JB weld, lamps,

Michael Shortt

On Thu, Nov 7, 2013 at 2:38 PM, Bill Rogers <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]
>
>
>

--

Michael L. Shortt
Savannah, Georgia
www.michaelshortt.com
[email-masked]
912-232-9390

This email is protected by the Electronic Communications Privacy
Act, 18 U.S.C. Sec. 2510-2521, is confidential and may be legally
privileged.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified
that any retention, dissemination, distribution or copying of this
communication is strictly prohibited.  Please reply to the sender that you
have received this message in error, then delete it.  Thank you
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

*** *** ***
This message contains information which may be confidential and privileged.
Unless you are the addressee (or authorized to receive for the addressee), you
may not use, copy or disclose to anyone the message or any information
contained in the message. If you have received the message in error,  please
advise the sender by reply e-mail and delete the message.
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

---

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2013 13:31:33 -0800

AAA card, cell phone, jumper cables, duct tape,  all the tools and jack needed to change a tire. spare tire that holds air and is properly inflated.  If you are using a Pertronix ignitor ignition carry a spare or a set of points to replace it.

Erich

---- Bill Rogers <[email-masked]> wrote: 
> Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

[email-masked]

---

From: " Ron Fraser" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2013 17:28:45 -0500

Bill
	Bill you got a good number of spare suggestions.  I carry a small
box with a few hydraulic rebuild kits with a few cotter pins and small nuts
and bolts - never had to use any of the kits but just in case, fan belt,
throttle cable, scissors jack and extra tools, 1/2 gal jug of coolant, some
oil and brake fluid.  I think I would also suggest some rubber fuel line and
a spare fuel filter.

	For the trip to SUNI in Big Sky, the last spare I threw in was a
spare coil.  I took a side trip into the Big Horn mountains and part way in
the engine went silent.  I was luckily at a scenic overlook and pulled right
in, opened the hood and let the engine cool.  I figured either the fuel or
the spark died.  I checked the fuel first - OK.  Pulled the spare Ford
Yellow top coil out; used 2 jumper wires to connect it and the engine fire
right up.  Drove to the nearest Town, Buffalo Wyoming and bought another
coil to mount in properly.  I also had a throttle cable break at Big Sky,
the voltage regulator acted up on the way home, a misfire at altitude and
the right outside mirror glass fell out for some reason around the Little
Big Horn area.  I think Gen. Custer's ghost needed a mirror and swiped it.
The voltage regulator got an alternator conversion.  Misfires can happen
with altitude, I just turned around and went down to clear that.

So spare coil and spark plugs

Have a great trip and may nothing go wrong for you.

Ron Fraser

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
On Behalf Of Bill Rogers
Sent: Thursday, November 07, 2013 2:38 PM
To: Tigers
Subject: [Tigers] Spares Provisioning

Here is the question. We have a fairly well sorted Mk1 Tiger where almost
everything has been gone through over the last 30 years and we drive it
almost every month with few problems. If you were taking it on a 2000 mile
trip what spares would you carry, assuming limited space?
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

-----
No virus found in this message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
Version: 2014.0.4158 / Virus Database: 3615/6807 - Release Date: 11/04/13
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]