Subject: Re: [Tigers] Replacing Door Windows - Documentation

From: Jay Laifman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Nov 2013 10:02:22 -0700

We are putting it on tigersunited.

Thanks for doing it!

Jay

On Thu, Oct 31, 2013 at 6:28 PM, James Pickard <[email-masked]> wrote:

> I have documented how to replace door windows in a 5 page Word document
> complete with 10 photos.
>
>
>
> Anyone wishing to receive it, send me an e-mail, even if you have expressed
> interest before (I deleted those).
>
>
>
> Please let me know where I can post it to make it readily available to
> everyone.
>
>
>
> James Pickard
>
> B9473298
>
> Beaufort, SC
> _______________________________________________
>
> [email-masked]
>
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

---

From: David or Gary Franchi <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2013 14:07:51 -0800

Wow, 9K for a parts car, I don't think the MKII 
trim and other "Tiger" parts
are worth that much. I believe this car is past restoration, what isn't
rusted out looks to be in pretty poor condition. My calculations, with high
est. for good parts, only comes to  $8,500 or so, and it doesn't look like
there are many "good" parts.

 http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=271310566900
David
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

---

From: Jay Laifman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2013 14:38:54 -0800

I could be completely wrong on this.  But didn't the Tiger II not have the
spare tire depression?  Or was it just the battery box top that was gone.

[email-masked]

---

From: Tom Parker <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2013 18:23:34 -0500

Jay, if you're talking about in the trunk, yes, it's there; they mounted
the fuel pump across / in it.

Tom
'67 Mark 2

On Tue, Nov 5, 2013 at 5:38 PM, Jay Laifman <[email-masked]> wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 5, 2013 at 2:07 PM, David or Gary Franchi <[email-masked]
> >wrote:
>
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

[email-masked]

---

From: Jay Laifman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2013 15:29:48 -0800

Ah.  Ok.  Like I said, I could be wrong, and I was.  At least it gave some
traffic to the group, even if at my expense ...

[email-masked]

---

From: Jim Sencindiver <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2013 18:36:18 -0500

The Mk II has the spare tire depression. Battery box cover was eliminated.
On Nov 5, 2013 6:07 PM, "Jay Laifman" <[email-masked]> wrote:

> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

[email-masked]

---

From: "Smit, Theo" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2013 23:13:03 +0000

That hardtop has to be in pretty good shape... it appears to be the only thing
holding the front and back halves of the car together.

If '504 ever shows up in 'restored' condition, they better have real good
documentation of the restoration process to show there is actually part of the
original chassis left besides the VIN and JAL plates.

Theo

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:tigers-
> [email-masked]] On Behalf Of David or Gary Franchi
> Sent: November 5, 2013 3:08 PM
> To: Tiger E-mail Q&A
> Subject: Re: [Tigers] Replacing Door Windows - Documentation
>
> Wow, 9K for a parts car, I don't think the MKII trim and other "Tiger"

________________________________

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email and any attachments are for the sole use of
the intended recipient(s) and contain information that may be confidential
and/or legally privileged. If you have received this email in error, please
notify the sender by reply email and delete the message. Any disclosure,
copying, distribution or use of this communication (including attachments) by
someone other than the intended recipient is prohibited. Thank you.
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

---

From: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2013 19:59:52 -0500

Entire Ferrari GTOs and Ford GT40s have been built around almost nothing
but a serial tag and they sell for millions.
It will be interesting to see what remains if restored, is there a standard
for Tigers?
Firewall, Center frame?
Surely hood, fenders, trunk lid, floorpans, windshield frame, seats,
Engine, trans, suspension, brakes, gas tank, dash, wiring and plumbing are
fair game to be replaced.
Where is the line drawn?

Michael Shortt
On Nov 5, 2013 7:39 PM, "Smit, Theo" <[email-masked]> wrote:

> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

[email-masked]

---

From: Larry Mayfield <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 05 Nov 2013 18:02:45 -0800

Must have original vin plate rivets... yeah.... that's where the line is...

larry

______________________________
drmayf
Worlds Fastest Sunbeam, period.
204.913 mph flying mile
210.779 mph exit speed

[email-masked]

---

From: Tom Parker <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2013 21:29:05 -0500

Theo, of course, knows all this: If the firewall and other TAC specific
parts are still there, and if the Tiger 2 specific updates are still there
it can be considered an "original" Tiger 2 for TAC purposes.

Outside California and other dry place the deterioration of a pre-rust
proofed car is dependent on its care. Left in the open, or worse leads to
the kind of deterioration we see in this Mark 2. It can be repaired, but a
good job will far exceed the value of the car.

Tom
'67 Mark 2

[email-masked]

---

From: "Smit, Theo" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2013 02:39:01 +0000

Yeah, I was not intending to start or fan the flames on another 'what is the
line' discussion, so please don't go there... the state of this Tiger is
pretty unfortunate. It would be cool if someone with a deep pocketbook, more
patience, and still more skills acquired this car and set it right, but
chances are that won't happen and we'll just see it get parted out. At least
in that case the various unique parts will find their way onto a Tiger, which
is better than their fate for the last several decades by the look of things.

Theo

From: Tom Parker [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: November 5, 2013 7:29 PM
To: Smit, Theo
Cc: Tiger E-mail Q&A
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Replacing Door Windows - Documentation

Theo, of course, knows all this: If the firewall and other TAC specific parts
are still there, and if the Tiger 2 specific updates are still there it can be
considered an "original" Tiger 2 for TAC purposes.
Outside California and other dry place the deterioration of a pre-rust proofed
car is dependent on its care. Left in the open, or worse leads to the kind of
deterioration we see in this Mark 2. It can be repaired, but a good job will
far exceed the value of the car.
Tom
'67 Mark 2

On Tue, Nov 5, 2013 at 6:13 PM, Smit, Theo
That hardtop has to be in pretty good shape... it appears to be the only
thing
holding the front and back halves of the car together.

If '504 ever shows up in 'restored' condition, they better have real good
documentation of the restoration process to show there is actually part of
the
original chassis left besides the VIN and JAL plates.

Theo

> -----Original Message-----
Gary Franchi

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email and any attachments are for the sole use
of

[email-masked]

---

From: Chris Thompson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 05 Nov 2013 22:09:23 -0500

Without parts cars, many other Tigers wouldn't have a chance of being 
rebuilt...

[email-masked]