Subject: [Tigers] More Silly Refurb Questions ...

From: Larry Mayfield <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2013 15:59:00 -0800

Ok, so now the pad is glued on.  Today I removed the dash panel becaus 
eit is 49 years old and looks it. Back side is flaking off badly. Front 
side is cracked and chipping badly. SO I am going to order a new one. I, 
just for chuckles,  surfed ebay and found 11 of them. I looked at each 
and every one of them and no tone was for a MK 1.  So I have to find the 
right one somewhere. I know all the usual spots to look.    But in that 
process, I need to replace the gage to dash small teeny orings that go 
between teh bezel of the gage and the glass for the tach, speedo, fuel, 
oil and water gages. If one among you has the right dash numbers and 
part numbers I will get those ordered from McMaster Carr or one who 
supports LBCs  this week end.  Any ideas?   Also, I had long long ago, 
installed an ammeter and I nver liked that Idea becaus ethe juice to-ing 
and froing the batter/generator was going though that sire. A short 
could have been bad indeed. So I have removed that but now want to 
install a simple volt meter.  Is there a donor car somewhere that I 
might select one from and buy? Triumphs? MG? Jag, Something that looks 
kinda like it belongs... Or even suggest sources I might look at on the 
web...

I'd appreciate it...

larry

-- 
______________________________
drmayf
Worlds Fastest Sunbeam, period.
204.913 mph flying mile
210.779 mph exit speed
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]