Subject: [Tigers] Clear Hooters

From: "H. B. Elam" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 24 Nov 2013 13:37:04 -0500

The "H" is for higher note, Rootes part # 1224773.  Surprise! The "L" is for
low, Rootes # 1224772. For Mk II's there is a special Low Note hooter, Rootes
# 1239238 just for France.

My parts manual does not have a pictorial  for hooter placement, so I can not
confirm the original side question. Looked at my MK1A but couldn't see any
numbers in place. Decided not to dissemble. Visually they both point inward.
The right side about 25 degrees CCW from dead ahead, the left nearly 90
degrees CW from dead ahead.  Not positive but believe mine are original. Know
for certain they have not been changed in the past 32 years.

Harry Elam
TAC insp #37
B382000471
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

---

From: " Ron Fraser" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 24 Nov 2013 13:51:23 -0500

Harry
	The "L" and "H" are cast into the horn opening.  You should be able
to see them from the front of the car.

I wonder if the special horn for France has a special cast marking?

Ron Fraser

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
On Behalf Of H. B. Elam
Sent: Sunday, November 24, 2013 1:37 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Tigers] Clear Hooters

The "H" is for higher note, Rootes part # 1224773.  Surprise! The "L" is for
low, Rootes # 1224772. For Mk II's there is a special Low Note hooter,
Rootes # 1239238 just for France.

My parts manual does not have a pictorial  for hooter placement, so I can
not confirm the original side question. Looked at my MK1A but couldn't see
any numbers in place. Decided not to dissemble. Visually they both point
inward. The right side about 25 degrees CCW from dead ahead, the left nearly
90 degrees CW from dead ahead.  Not positive but believe mine are original.
Know for certain they have not been changed in the past 32 years.

Harry Elam
TAC insp #37
B382000471

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]