Subject: [Tigers] Mark II # 504

From: snakebit289 <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2013 18:32:35 -0800 (PST)

I think someone once quoted one of our popular restorers as saying once they
have your car in possession, you'll still fork over in excess of $70,000 to
have it restored. So, imagine the bucks it will take to make this one right,
again. As I posted before, the only thing that this car has going for it is
the fact that it's a Mark II, which nowadays  sell for a big premium over the
B947 and B3820 models.

Rande Bellman
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

---

From: "Thomas Witt" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 05 Nov 2013 19:31:17 -0800

The other side of this car is for someone like me.  My Mark I was nearly as 
bad as this car.  I never set out to have a pristine Tiger, only a Tiger 
that was mechanically well done and an appearance that was marginally 
acceptable (even if barely so).  I'd have to see the floors and sills, but 
assuming they are not too far gone a donor Alpine and a fair amount of my 
own work gets this car..., well..., functional.  As in primered and able to 
drive down the street functional.

I know given the rarity of a Mark II most everyone would expect it to be an 
awesome car.  My perspective is that for the selling price plus no more than 
$5K and I'd have genuine, functioning Mark II.  Why not!  Maybe the least 
appealing of all the Mark II's out there, but none the less a Mark II.  And, 
even if I sold all the Mark II specific parts to finance this "project" I'd 
still have a Mark II by VIN.  And that is something that can't be taken or 
sold away.

I know to 99.9% that is not an appealing approach, but it is another way of 
looking at this car.  That said, $9K+ is too steep for my wallet and Florida 
is clear across the country.  But, yea, my insanely cheap self, "would if I 
could."   And for those that know my Mark I has been on jackstands for 
nearly 14 years..., Ummm..., I do mean well in my intensions.

Tom 

[email-masked]