Subject: [Tigers] Refurb Question ...MK 1

From: Larry Mayfield <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2013 08:10:34 -0800

Ok, so I am still putting things back together on my Tiger of nearly 47 
years ownership.. I will shortly start on the soft top area. I have hit 
a snag however. Since this is a MK1, it has the metal covers for the 
soft top. My question is about the small side panels that fold down. On 
the ends of those, the ends that fold under the big center piece, there 
are rubber finishers. They, at least on this car, are held on with brass 
rivets of some sort. They appear to be a nested type of device with a 
pop rivet like piece that locks the pieces in place, a 2 piece system. I 
can find similar, but, nothing exactly like those.  Is there a 
replacement available anywhere? Substitute?

Many thanks!

larry

-- 
______________________________
drmayf
Worlds Fastest Sunbeam, period.
204.913 mph flying mile
210.779 mph exit speed
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

---

From: Pam and Tom Jeffers <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2013 20:47:00 -0600

Larry,

Dont remove the rivets, you can slide the new side cover finisher seal over
the old rivets.

Tom

> Ok, so I am still putting things back together on my Tiger of nearly 47
years ownership.. I will shortly start on the soft top area. I have hit a snag
however. Since this is a MK1, it has the metal covers for the soft top. My
question is about the small side panels that fold down. On the ends of those,
the ends that fold under the big center piece, there are rubber finishers.
They, at least on this car, are held on with brass rivets of some sort. They
appear to be a nested type of device with a pop rivet like piece that locks
the pieces in place, a 2 piece system. I can find similar, but, nothing
exactly like those.  Is there a replacement available anywhere? Substitute?

[email-masked]