Subject: [Tigers] Another Refurb Question... MK 1 Seat Belts....

From: Larry Mayfield <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2013 08:16:13 -0800

Way back when, late 60's, I did a bit of drag racing with my car. I 
installed some racing seat belts and stored my OEM belts 
....somewhere......I think the gremlins have hidden them away, and 
hidden very well they are.  Looks like I will need to obtain some new 
ones.  But, I have no rememberance of what kind of buckle they had. Does 
anyone have, or can take, a photo of the buckle and send me a photo so I 
can sort of match them up with OEM?  There are a gazillion set belts on 
ebay..if I only knew what I was looking for....

little help please?    send photo to    [email-masked]   ?

thanks,

larry

-- 
______________________________
drmayf
Worlds Fastest Sunbeam, period.
204.913 mph flying mile
210.779 mph exit speed
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

---

From: Larry Mayfield <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2013 09:28:26 -0800

Hmmm, I see that there are vintage style 3 point seat belts available. 
Didn't I see somewhere that the Tigers have the additional shoulder belt 
location at or around the B pillar or wheel tub behind the seats? Did I 
see that or am I still dreaming?  If so, about where is it actually and 
has anyone added the shoulder belt system to their cars?  Is there a 
speciofic length needed? Can retractable ones be used?

lary

On 11/18/2013 8:16 AM, Larry Mayfield wrote:
> ones.  But, I have no rememberance of what kind of buckle they had. 
> Does anyone have, or can take, a photo of the buckle and send me a 
> photo so I can sort of match them up with OEM?  There are a gazillion 
> set belts on ebay..if I only knew what I was looking for....
>

[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2013 18:31:52 +0000 (UTC)

Sunbeam Specialities sells the 3 point seat belts, but only have them in black. Victoria British has them in colors. I installed a set from SS last year. My motor has been out since that time so I have not had a chance to find out if I like them or not. 

The rear mounting point can seen by looking up into the rear wheel well while being on the outside of the car. There are bungs (probably under a bulge in the undercoat) welded to the sheet metal and filled with a plastic plug. Removing the plug is an exercise in patience, since the plastic has become very brittle after all these years. Try turning the plug inward a bit to break the thread seal and then work the plug back and forth as you try to back it out. I gave mine a shot of PB Blaster in the vague hope that might help. You do not want to break the plug because then you are dealing with plastic material jammed into the threads on the body. Once the plugs are out, you can poke a sharp pointed object through the hole and see where it comes out on the inside of the car. 

There is a "how to" article on the Tigers United website that describes the installation process for retractable belts, including the special problems for the Mark I. 

There was a nice thread posted recently on the CAT forum about original lap belts that is worth a look, including some pic's. The short version is that in the US these were dealer installed options so what you got varied based on the dealer. 

Gene 

----- Original Message -----
From: "Larry Mayfield" <[email-masked]> 
To: [email-masked] 
Sent: Monday, November 18, 2013 11:28:26 AM 
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Another Refurb Question... MK 1 Seat Belts.... 

lary 

[email-masked] 

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive 
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked] 
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]