Subject: Re: [Tigers] Fake Tiger or VIN

From: Cullen McCann <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2013 10:03:53 -0500

....and home made JAL tag too. interesting. sure looks like a correct tiger
otherwise to me. Geez...  probably him or a PO pulled the tags to paint,
lost em. one 30 second decision from an average joe body man and cars
proveance and market value is compromised forever.

i had my car stripped when i got it, and had some metal work done. i put a
big piece of tape over the tags that wrote in sharpie, DO NOT REMOVE TAGS,
REGARDLESS! ...went into check on my progress at one point and the tape was
gone, and they were just getting ready to pull them off.... i about went
bizzerk.  and promptly they all thought i was an idiot for caring so much.
luckily my tags survived in place and have never been off the car. but
people just done get it.

Cullen
1452 LROFE TAC 840

On Fri, Sep 13, 2013 at 9:46 AM, David or Gary Franchi <[email-masked]>wrote:

> This auction was cancelled, Check out the home made VIN.
>
> David
> ?
>
>
> http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Other-Makes-Sunbeam-Tiger-2-Door-Convertible-1965-Sunbeam-Tiger-/261279626175?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item3cd57ab3bf#v4-42
> _______________________________________________
>
> [email-masked]
>
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

---

From: Owain Lloyd <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2013 11:04:30 -0400

He must have been drunk.
I like the JAL that matches the VIN too.

On Friday, September 13, 2013, David or Gary Franchi wrote:

> [email-masked] <javascript:;>
>
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

[email-masked]

---

From: "Jerry Mo Christopherson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2013 13:19:22 -0500

Ya!  Clearly the wrong type of hose! 

Jerry Christopherson
9473187

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
On Behalf Of Ron Fraser
Sent: Friday, September 13, 2013 12:36 PM
To: 'David or Gary Franchi'; [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Fake Tiger or VIN

A very nice looking car.

A very interesting alternator mount; someone got creative there and is that
reinforced clear water hose for the brake booster that looks like its been
sucked flat!

Ron Fraser

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
On Behalf Of David or Gary Franchi
Sent: Friday, September 13, 2013 10:46 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Tigers] Fake Tiger or VIN

David
?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Other-Makes-Sunbeam-Tiger-2-Door-Convertible-
1965-Sunbeam-Tiger-/261279626175?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item3cd57ab3bf#v4-42
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

---

From: "A. C." <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2013 14:52:12 -0500

Folks,

I wrote the poster through EBAY, pointing out the problems with the ID 
elements. He replied saying they were lost when the car was being 
restored, but did not explain why the VIN lacked the final "E" or why it 
was used as the JAL. I assumed from that that there was little paperwork.

I understand that ID plates can be lost/destroyed in many ways. However, 
I don't think a TAC certificate is a suitable, complete substitute. A 
TAC certificate only certifies that the vehicle is a Tiger, but not 
which Tiger it is.

There must be additional documentation showing which Tiger was TACed.  I 
am not casting aspersions on the honesty or pedigree on any person or 
Tiger, but we are all aware that some Tigers have been stolen and not 
recovered over the years.

As we see by another post, giving specific instructions that the ID 
elements were not to be removed, even in writing, is not always enough 
when having a car restored. Personally, I would have the shop owner 
acknowledge the instructions in writing, perhaps with an agreed penalty. 
I would also take a picture of the VIN and JAL tags on the car, 
preferably including that day's newspaper front page, the written 
acknowledgement  from the shop owner and something to prove I was the 
one taking the picture. Perhaps a mirror showing my reflection or the 
title showing my name?

Just my thoughts, worth at least the price paid. And, again, I mean no 
insult to any owner or Tiger.

A. C. Tynes
New Orleans

On 9/13/2013 9:46 AM, David or Gary Franchi wrote:
> Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

[email-masked]