Subject: Re: [Tigers] TIGER Timing Chain Cover

From: "Mark Rense" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Sep 2013 22:52:29 -0400

John,
All Tiger 260s used the C4OE-6059A timing cover. This is the cover for the
aluminum water pump, the pump with the exposed vanes. The MKII 289 used the
later timing cover that uses the enclosed water pump.

You may be able to repair your cover, if not Scott Drake repops the timing
cover.

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
On Behalf Of John Crawley
Sent: Monday, September 09, 2013 7:00 PM
To: LIST TIGER
Subject: [Tigers] TIGER Timing Chain Cover

Hi All:

My TIGER Timing Chain Cover developed a tiny hole just under the thermostat
housing and is blowing coolant out in a steady fine stream. The cover came
off
the original 260 and has been running on the 289 for 20 years and 60,000
miles.

Does any one know if there is anything unique about the cover on a TIGER or
will one from any 289 fit?

Jc
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

---

From: Tom Parker <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Sep 2013 23:00:36 -0400

John, I suspect you'll hear a lot from the group on this one... The timing
cover on the 260 was different than the one on the 289 (mine is a 6-bolt
289; the 5-bolt 289 may have used the 260 timing cover. Ron Frasier will
know...). The issue is Ford changed water pumps when they changed timing
covers. Rick at Sunbeam Specialties lists only the late timing cover; if
you use that one you may (probably will) have to change water pumps also,
since you say yours is from the original 260.  NPD carries both timing
covers in their Mustang catalog.

Tom
'67 Mark 2

On Mon, Sep 9, 2013 at 7:00 PM, John Crawley <[email-masked]>wrote:

> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

[email-masked]