Subject: [Tigers] another custom tiger

From: Cullen McCann <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2013 14:44:29 -0500

this one is a real tiger, I remember some of the details on it. Dale
Akuszewski built the car for a customer and I think the relationship went
south at the end. Interestingly these images are the exact same ones from
when it was last for sale....at least 5 or 6 years ago. I remember because
the car intrigued me before my opinion changed about what I wanted to build.

There was some talk about it being an Alpine, but that was in an attempt to
devalue the car I believe.

In either case...another show of the impressive craftsmenship abilities of
Dales Restorations.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=181226158121&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:1120#ht_500wt_1182

Cullen
TAC 840
Alpine 260
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

---

From: "Smit, Theo" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2013 20:01:56 +0000

I've been out of circulation too much to see this car even though it's been a
local for a couple of years now... I also apparently missed the Harrington
Tiger coming to the European Car show this July:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/sherlock77/9346271401/. I know the Dale A car has
been locally owned but I don't know what brought the Harrington here or where
it's owner is located. If I win the lottery on Friday maybe I'll put in a bid
on Dale's Tiger...

Theo

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:tigers-
> [email-masked]] On Behalf Of Cullen McCann
> Sent: September 26, 2013 1:44 PM
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: [Tigers] another custom tiger
>
> Akuszewski built the car for a customer and I think the relationship
> went south at the end. Interestingly these images are the exact same
> ones from when it was last for sale....at least 5 or 6 years ago. I
> remember because the car intrigued me before my opinion changed about
> what I wanted to build.
>
> There was some talk about it being an Alpine, but that was in an
> attempt to devalue the car I believe.
>
> In either case...another show of the impressive craftsmenship abilities
> of Dales Restorations.
>
> http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=181226158
> 121&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:1120#ht_500wt_1182
>
>
> Cullen
> TAC 840
> Alpine 260
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]
>
>

________________________________

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email and any attachments are for the sole use of
the intended recipient(s) and contain information that may be confidential
and/or legally privileged. If you have received this email in error, please
notify the sender by reply email and delete the message. Any disclosure,
copying, distribution or use of this communication (including attachments) by
someone other than the intended recipient is prohibited. Thank you.
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

---

From: Gary Winblad <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 28 Sep 2013 19:33:11 +0000 (UTC)

Hey, it's not 
"the worlds most modified alpine" it is a "HIGHLY MODIFIED Shelby"!!

----- Original Message -----
From: Cullen1972 <[email-masked]>
To: Pointers <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Sent: Sat, 28 Sep 2013 17:13:10 -0000 (UTC)
Subject: Re: [Tigers] another custom tiger

By the way... I had noted it as a "real tiger" when I pointed out the car was
for sale on eBay because i recall norman miller had commented on the car many
years ago on this forum and stated it was. I specifically recall him making a
point because it was being called "the worlds most modified alpine" and I have
an email where he stated it was a Tiger and noted it by VIN. Furthermore,  it
still shows the exact same photos that were used when the car was on eBay
before, even before Russo and Steele. (I never delete my emails)

 A TAC officer and member of stoa contacted me offline shortly after I made my
opening comment and assured me there was no evidence to substantiate that the
car was authentic... And -somewhat tactfully- requested that I curb my
statements to avoid make such claims without proper documentation. So... Even
though we have all been told a certain story as to the history of the car,
which is well documented in the archives by 4 or 5 conversations over the
years... This car has not been verified as a tiger through the TAC process. Or
at least its vin and JAL identification have been compromised and it may it
may not be the same car that was TAC'd prior to its customization at Dales
shop. At least that's what I was told... Boldly I might add.

For what it's worth.

Cullen
Alpine 260
TAC 840

Sent from my iPhone.

> On Sep 28, 2013, at 11:50 AM, Pointers <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> Hey, it's in Calgary.
> My turf.
> Is the seller a lister?
> If so, weigh in...
>
>> On Sep 27, 2013, at 8:06 PM, Pointers <[email-masked]> wrote:
>>
>> They profiled this one on a show a couple years back on Russo&Steele.
>> Older gent & young lass bought it. Seller said he had "a ridiculous amount
> of money in it".
>> In fact, quick search turned it up. Ridiculous=>$250K, according to this:
>> http://www.russoandsteele.com/past-collector-car/1965-Sunbeam-Tiger/35
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]