Subject: [Tigers] The Wiki Controversy

From: Larry Mayfield <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2013 08:24:57 -0700

I just have to chime is a bit on the subject of inaccurate information 
on Wiki regards our Sunbeams.  Buck has a good idea, but let me go a 
step farther: how about the major Sunbeam organizations, here and 
abroad, could be sitting down somewhere over a pint or two and coming up 
with a plan to generate the ultimate Sunbeam history with factual 
references. Include even those information items disagreed with and so 
state why disagreement is there.  When finalized, then let any and every 
organization have it free of charge for their web sites. Make it a pdf 
document.  And take money out of the equation by, as I said, making it 
free: i.e. no published for money text books or documents. .  Take a 
year or two to accomplish the  effort.   But, set goals and deadlines so 
it gets done.  I would suggest a method similar to genealogy, if 
provenance does not exist for a fact or the fact cannot be proven, it 
exists only as a foot note. Make this a definitive history and factual 
account of the cars and people who built them, drive them, modify them, 
and own them. Include everything possible.

No, I am not volunteering, I am aging out, lol.

mayf

-- 
______________________________
drmayf
Worlds Fastest Sunbeam, period.
204.913 mph flying mile
210.779 mph exit speed
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]