Subject: [Tigers] What the Tiger really is

From: Jay Laifman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Sep 2013 16:15:53 -0700

I've been driving the Tiger a bunch lately.  It truly is a unique car.
This weekend, it sort of dawned on me why it is feels so different.

It is all about the engine, more so than any car I've ever driven.  It is
like everything else on the car is superfluous, just bolted on around the
engine, along for the ride.  As I go down the road, I visualize the engine
pulling, pulling, with everything else kind of flowing in its wake - that
is, everything that happens to be attached to the engine or otherwise
strapped in.

Either that or I had some funny mushrooms on my burger for lunch!
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2013 18:00:53 -0400 (EDT)

Jay,
I agree with you about the engine. Some cars I've driven it's the  feel of 
the car sticking to the road.  Others it's the  luxury....don't hear any 
engine sound and like riding on a sofa. Others it's the  feel of the 
technology.  The Tiger definitely doesn't have the road  hugging, the luxury or the 
technology.  It's the engine.
 
I get the same feeling of being pulled by the engine.  I  always felt that 
I should feel like the rear wheels pushing, but it never feels  that way.  
When my car gets above 3,500 rpm's it has always felt  to me like I'm being 
pulled by a big train.  Maybe it's all those  horses in the 302 stroker.
Mark

In a message dated 9/10/2013 5:11:58 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,  
[email-masked] writes:

And not  sharing....
On Sep 10, 2013 3:51 PM, "Teepen, Jere"  <[email-masked]> wrote:

> I suspect the mushroom theory  may be correct.  Enjoy the ride.
>
> -----Original  Message-----
> From: [email-masked]  
[mailto:[email-masked]]
> On
> Behalf Of Jay  Laifman
> Sent: Monday, September 09, 2013 4:16 PM
> To: Tiger's  Den
> Subject: [Tigers] What the Tiger really is
>
> like
> everything else on the car  is superfluous, just bolted on around the
> engine,
> along for  the ride.  As I go down the road, I visualize the engine 
pulling,
>  pulling, with everything else kind of flowing in its wake - that is,
>  everything that happens to be attached to the engine or otherwise  
strapped
> in.
> Donate:  http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
>  Unsubscribe:
>  http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

[email-masked]

Archive:  http://www.team.net/archive
Forums:  http://www.team.net/forums
Unsubscribe:  http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]