Subject: Re: [Tigers] Hemmings Harrington 'A' for sale, big bucks

From: michael king <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2013 09:35:12 +1000

This is the ex-Atalla Harrington, I emailed Bill about it a week or so back
when i saw it for sale. He sold it a few years ago and it has passed
through at least 3 dealers.

Bill also has a black GT Tiger (that he sold and bought back) and has had
several other Sunbeams, a Harrington LM, 3 x SII Alpines, another MKI Tiger
and the SIV race car and yellow SIV Alpine... he may have had others I am
not aware of.. but his cars are always nice.

On 25 September 2013 01:29, snakebit289 <[email-masked]> wrote:

>
> http://blog.hemmings.com/index.php/2013/09/24/hemmings-find-of-the-day-1961-sunbeam-harrington/?refer=news
>
> Pretty car for sale, looks to be recent restoration, asking a lot of
> money, located in Michigan, not my sale.
> _______________________________________________
>
> [email-masked]
>
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]
>
>
>

-- 
Regards

Michael King
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

---

From: snakebit289 <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2013 11:52:27 -0700 (PDT)

If you'll notice, some of the asking prices for many cars have lately been very high. The black Tiger from a few days ago purporedly sold for $96,000, nice but run of the mill fifties American sedans asking $50,000 plus. I think, in the case of the dealer selling the Harrington A, someone is trying to recoup their restoration cost. It begs the advice that classic car dealers tell people. Don't buy a car and restore it, hoping to get your investment back. Buy the most complete car you can afford, and let a previous owner lose money on a restoration.

Rande Bellman

________________________________
 From: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]; [email-masked] 
Cc: [email-masked] 
Sent: Wednesday, September 25, 2013 11:40 AM
Subject: Re: [Alpines] Hemmings Harrington 'A' for sale, big bucks

That is crazy money for a Harrington. 

If anyone is tempted, I'll find you one in the UK for $30,000.

Jules.

-----Original Message-----
From: snakebit289 <[email-masked]>
To: tigers <[email-masked]>
CC: alpines <[email-masked]>
Sent: Tue, 24 Sep 2013 17:04
Subject: [Alpines] Hemmings Harrington 'A' for sale, big bucks

http://blog.hemmings.com/index.php/2013/09/24/hemmings-find-of-the-day-1961-sunbeam-harrington/?refer=news Pretty car for sale, looks to be recent restoration, asking a lot of money, 
located in Michigan, not my sale.
_______________________________________________ [email-masked] Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html Suggested annual donation  $17.25
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive Forums: http://www.team.net/forums Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/alpines/[email-masked] 
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

---

From: michael king <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2013 09:10:05 +1000

I think, in the case of the dealer selling the Harrington A, someone is
trying to recoup their restoration cost. It begs the advice that classic
car dealers tell people. Don't buy a car and restore it, hoping to get your
investment back. Buy the most complete car you can afford, and let a
previous owner lose money on a restoration.

> Rande Bellman
in the case of the Harrington the restorer was a couple of owners back.. so
they are not trying to get their money back on the work done. Also I can
assure you the asking price falls WELL short of the money spent on that
vehicle.... that car was done to be as good as Bill could have it and just
how he wanted it.. recouping the costs was never an option.

-- 
Regards

Michael King

[email-masked]