Subject: [Tigers] Gotta Have It

From: snakebit289 <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2013 08:32:30 -0700 (PDT)

First, thank you, Michael, for the list of GT differences.

To answer one of
Mark's questions, if the statement had just read 'hardtop is standard', it
might have been a little more clearer. Also, possibly lost in the fact that
the GT lacks the soft top and frame is the fact that the rear seat backrest(if
you can call that a rear seat) is pushed back a little further, so there's a
scosh more room back there and it's finished a little nicer without the
three-piece panels that would otherwise hide the soft top.

I did check
through my collection of Alpine III and IV sales folders to look for
horsepower ratings for each model. For the Series III, Rootes claimed 86hp for
the Sports Tourer (ST) and 82.5hp for the GT. I have four different Series IV
sales folders, and they all stick with 90hp gross for both models. Someone
with more Alpine mechanical experience will need to answer how the horsepower 
was improved for both models of the Series IV. It might be related to the fact
that with the tops off or down(depending on the model), the noise level
concern would be a mute point, so why suck horsepower just to quiet the motor?
Rande Bellman
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]