Subject: Re: [Tigers] What the Tiger really is

From: "Rense, Mark (GE, Appl & Light)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2013 19:01:31 +0000

But faster and more reliable...

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On
Behalf Of [email-masked]
Sent: Wednesday, September 11, 2013 5:20 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Tigers] What the Tiger really is

I've always felt the Tiger is like a four wheel Harley, riding a motor with
gobs of torque.
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

---

From: Cullen McCann <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2013 16:00:57 -0500

I have never driven my Tiger....unfortunately. I purchased the car as a
barn find and it has gotten shuffled to the back of a few other projects.

I have however been for a few rides in basically stock 260 tigers, or even
slightly modified Tigers, but I wouldnt have characterized them as you all
are. More elegant for me, some muscular, less of the beast that Im reading
about here. Certainly more guts and grunt than a spitfire or an MG ( as so
many people tend to compare them too, not my interpretation, but others..).

One of my "projects" now completed is a replica Shelby Cobra on a very
"correct looking" 90 inch wheelbase and body, but with slight and tasteful
mods. It features a dyno'd 485 horse stroked windsor, in a 2300lb car. Its
a roller motor, and I turn it to about 7 grand on occasion, when I feel
like taking my life into my hands ...it tries to put power to the ground
via 335/35-17s. That car strikes me when I drive it as a "body wrapped
around a motor". Now that's not to minimize the Tiger. Of all the cars I
have ever had the pleasure of owning, the Tiger probably interests me the
most, but I find it interesting what we all define as a motor-focused car.
I suppose its all relative to what your used too, or your personal
threshold is for adrenaline. Ive seen some Tigers that would beat my kit
car Cobra into a pulp on the racetrack so I'm sure they all are their own
experience. I truly cant wait to have the Tiger going. Its a big project,
probably why its been procrastinated, but it fascinates me for sure.

On Thu, Sep 12, 2013 at 2:01 PM, Rense, Mark (GE, Appl & Light) <
[email-masked]> wrote:

> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

[email-masked]

---

From: "Thomas Witt" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2013 20:08:24 -0700

>>>barn find and it has gotten shuffled to the back of a few other 
>>>projects.<<<

Been there..., doing that.  It will be 14 years "garaged Tiger" come 
January. I have never even ridden in ANY Tiger yet.  Other than my own I 
have only sat in one other Tiger.  That was Tim Ronak's. And that was only 
because in conversation I stated such and he opened the door and gestured me 
in.

   What is it that keeps our Tigers from getting completed???  In my case it 
has been four interrupting car projects I thought I could get done faster, 
and cheaper (but, no, not really).  It has been three, month long trips back 
East. It has been termites running rampant on my home.  It has been a new 
roof that was needed too soon.  It has been homeschooling two kids. It has 
been a failed economy that has cut my income nearly 75%. And, it has just 
been getting older and slower.  Not to hijack this thread (start a new one 
to reply) but how many others have long running Tiger projects that sit, and 
Sit and SIT?

Tom

[email-masked]

---

From: DAVID MUELLER <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2013 20:24:26 -0700 (PDT)

Bought my Tiger in 1967, drove {abused} it for 3 or 4 years. Parked it.
Started to do the restoration. Kids, house, business all got in the way. I
have a single car garage but I am determined to start again soon. 

Just need
to un bury it.

From: Thomas Witt <[email-masked]>
To:
[email-masked] 
Sent: Thursday, September 12, 2013 11:08:24 PM
Subject:
Re: [Tigers] What the Tiger really is

  Not to hijack this thread (start a
new one 
to reply) but how many others have long running Tiger projects that
sit, and 
Sit and SIT?

Tom

[email-masked]

Donate:
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums:
http://www.team.net/forums
Unsubscribe:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

---

From: "Kirk Smith" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2013 22:54:25 -0700

Really, Tom?  Never ridden in a Tiger?  I had no idea...we'll have to fix
that!  

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
On Behalf Of Thomas Witt
Sent: Thursday, September 12, 2013 8:08 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Tigers] What the Tiger really is

>>>I have never driven my Tiger....unfortunately. I purchased the car as 
>>>a barn find and it has gotten shuffled to the back of a few other 
>>>projects.<<<

Tom

> I have however been for a few rides in basically stock 260 tigers, or 
> even slightly modified Tigers, but I wouldnt have characterized them 
> as you all are. More elegant for me, some muscular, less of the beast 
> that Im reading about here. Certainly more guts and grunt than a 
> spitfire or an MG ( as so many people tend to compare them too, not my 
> interpretation, but others..).
>
> "correct looking" 90 inch wheelbase and body, but with slight and 
> tasteful mods. It features a dyno'd 485 horse stroked windsor, in a 
> 2300lb car. Its a roller motor, and I turn it to about 7 grand on 
> occasion, when I feel like taking my life into my hands ...it tries to 
> put power to the ground via 335/35-17s. That car strikes me when I 
> drive it as a "body wrapped around a motor". Now that's not to 
> minimize the Tiger. Of all the cars I have ever had the pleasure of 
> owning, the Tiger probably interests me the most, but I find it
interesting what we all define as a motor-focused car.
> threshold is for adrenaline. Ive seen some Tigers that would beat my 
> kit car Cobra into a pulp on the racetrack so I'm sure they all are 
> their own experience. I truly cant wait to have the Tiger going. Its a 
> big project, probably why its been procrastinated, but it fascinates me
for sure.

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2013 06:06:13 +0000

No kidding. Are you anywhere near LA?

Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

-----Original Message-----

Tom

for sure.

[email-masked]

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]