Subject: Re: [Tigers] Old Tires

From: "Jerry Mo Christopherson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2013 16:51:05 -0500

I've always heard it referred to as "dry rot".

Jerry Christopherson

9473187

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
On Behalf Of Lon Walters
Sent: Thursday, September 05, 2013 3:05 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Tigers] Old Tires

I completely agree, replace, not "inspect" tires a maximum of 8-10 years old
(preferably 7).  At SEMA last year had an extended discussion with a tire
engineer.  Damage and delaminating occurs from the inside.  So inspect your
old stuff until the cows come home, you can't see the tire failing unless
you saved your Capt Crunch X-Rays glasses.  Those with older tires are
literally risking their lives and the lives of others.  It doesn't matter
what they look like on the outside.

Michaels RV story of a blowout has been repeated many times on RV discussion
groups, most with much worse outcomes.  He was one lucky guy.
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

---

From: Marc James Small <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 Sep 2013 18:13:53 -0400

This did not involve a Rootes Group product.  I
had a three-year-old tire die from side wall
collapse.  I did not wreck the car but it was a
horrifying experience.  A friend of mine who is a
truck insurance broker demanded pictures and I
sent them to her.  It cost me about $200 in towing costs.

Marc

[email-masked]
Cha robh b`s fir gun ghr`s fir!
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]