Subject: Re: [Tigers] Wiki

From: "Buck Trippel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 14 Sep 2013 11:57:28 -0700

Many thanks to Theo and Dan for their attempts to correct some of the 
misinformation currently on the Sunbeam Tiger Wiki. However we seem to 
beating our heads against their wall.

The editors of the Wiki page remain convinced that we Tiger owners don't 
really know about Tigers. The editors think that after they've spent several 
months researching Tigers that they have it all down and dismiss guys like 
Dan who has several orders of magnitude more time spent investigating the 
marque. The editors insist on only allowing information in "their" Wiki that 
is based on cites to published material regardless of the accuracy of the 
material. This house of cards is based on the flawed assumption that the 
information published is accurate.

Personally, I don't want to expend a lot of effort dealing with wacko wiki 
volunteers when we could simply draft and post our own "Wiki" on either the 
Tigers United or CAT sites. If we want to go this route we could...
1) start with a clean sheet of paper
2) follow the format of the exiting Wiki (this would make it easier for the 
Wiki editors to see our differences.)
3) follow the format of a Tiger article now posted on the TU site (providing 
we could get permission from the author, Von Levandowski).
see  http://tigersunited.com/history/tdev.asp

Let me know your thoughts or if you want to help participate in the project. 
Together, maybe we can rough something out this week.

Buck Trippel
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]