Subject: [Tigers] The never ending project

From: " Ron Fraser" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2013 09:20:27 -0400

Tom

Complain, complain, complain - Life happens.  :)

Probably most of us have been in your position.

I either had money and no time or I had time but no money.

	I farmed body work and metal repairs to a shop.   I had money saved
but not the talent to fix major sheet metal.  I had time to work on the
mechanicals since I was out of work.   The money drained quickly.
	The main Tiger project took about 10 years.  I took the Tiger for
state inspected with 1 mirror, 1 seat with seat belts, no top of any kind in
place; it passed - I wanted to drive and I did.  Reality is that my Tiger is
not now totally completed as I see it, 35 years and counting; may never be
totally completed in my life time.  I'm very fussy about some of these
little things, others not so much but it is ready to drive - NUTS its
raining out right now or I would go for a drive.

	Soldier on Tom - try to focus on the Tiger - keep it at the top of
the To Do List - only add new projects to the bottom of the list.

Ron Fraser

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
On Behalf Of Thomas Witt
Sent: Thursday, September 12, 2013 11:08 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Tigers] What the Tiger really is

>>>I have never driven my Tiger....unfortunately. I purchased the car as
>>>a
>>>barn find and it has gotten shuffled to the back of a few other
>>>projects.<<<

Been there..., doing that.  It will be 14 years "garaged Tiger" come
January. I have never even ridden in ANY Tiger yet.  Other than my own I
have only sat in one other Tiger.  That was Tim Ronak's. And that was only
because in conversation I stated such and he opened the door and gestured me

in.

   What is it that keeps our Tigers from getting completed???  In my case it

has been four interrupting car projects I thought I could get done faster,
and cheaper (but, no, not really).  It has been three, month long trips back

East. It has been termites running rampant on my home.  It has been a new
roof that was needed too soon.  It has been homeschooling two kids. It has
been a failed economy that has cut my income nearly 75%. And, it has just
been getting older and slower.  Not to hijack this thread (start a new one
to reply) but how many others have long running Tiger projects that sit, and

Sit and SIT?

Tom

>I have never driven my Tiger....unfortunately. I purchased the car as a
>barn find and it has gotten shuffled to the back of a few other
>projects.
>
> I have however been for a few rides in basically stock 260 tigers, or
> even slightly modified Tigers, but I wouldnt have characterized them
> as you all are. More elegant for me, some muscular, less of the beast
> that Im reading about here. Certainly more guts and grunt than a
> spitfire or an MG ( as so many people tend to compare them too, not my
> interpretation, but others..).
>
> One of my "projects" now completed is a replica Shelby Cobra on a very
> "correct looking" 90 inch wheelbase and body, but with slight and
> tasteful mods. It features a dyno'd 485 horse stroked windsor, in a
> 2300lb car. Its a roller motor, and I turn it to about 7 grand on
> occasion, when I feel like taking my life into my hands ...it tries to
> put power to the ground via 335/35-17s. That car strikes me when I
> drive it as a "body wrapped around a motor". Now that's not to
> minimize the Tiger. Of all the cars I have ever had the pleasure of
> owning, the Tiger probably interests me the most, but I find it
> interesting what we all define as a motor-focused car. I suppose its
> all relative to what your used too, or your personal threshold is for
> adrenaline. Ive seen some Tigers that would beat my kit car Cobra into
> a pulp on the racetrack so I'm sure they all are their own experience.
> I truly cant wait to have the Tiger going. Its a big project, probably
> why its been procrastinated, but it fascinates me for sure.
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]