Subject: Re: [Tigers] Wiki

From: " Ron Fraser" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 14 Sep 2013 20:03:32 -0400

Buck
	Walls are no fun to run up against.  Go Around them, it's easier and
less painful.

My vote is to let the Tiger community write the article.  We know the
subject and we know most of the published errors.

Make it open enough so anyone in the Tiger community can contribute
information.

May need an editor panel to oversee contributions.

Start with basic information then expand the information over time.

Ron Fraser

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
On Behalf Of Buck Trippel
Sent: Saturday, September 14, 2013 2:57 PM
To: DW
Cc: Tiger Talk List Tiger
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Wiki

Many thanks to Theo and Dan for their attempts to correct some of the
misinformation currently on the Sunbeam Tiger Wiki. However we seem to
beating our heads against their wall.

The editors of the Wiki page remain convinced that we Tiger owners don't
really know about Tigers. The editors think that after they've spent several

months researching Tigers that they have it all down and dismiss guys like
Dan who has several orders of magnitude more time spent investigating the
marque. The editors insist on only allowing information in "their" Wiki that

is based on cites to published material regardless of the accuracy of the
material. This house of cards is based on the flawed assumption that the
information published is accurate.

Personally, I don't want to expend a lot of effort dealing with wacko wiki
volunteers when we could simply draft and post our own "Wiki" on either the
Tigers United or CAT sites. If we want to go this route we could...
1) start with a clean sheet of paper
2) follow the format of the exiting Wiki (this would make it easier for the
Wiki editors to see our differences.)
3) follow the format of a Tiger article now posted on the TU site (providing

we could get permission from the author, Von Levandowski).
see  http://tigersunited.com/history/tdev.asp

Let me know your thoughts or if you want to help participate in the project.

Together, maybe we can rough something out this week.

Buck Trippel
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

-----
No virus found in this message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
Version: 2013.0.3408 / Virus Database: 3222/6662 - Release Date: 09/13/13
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]