Subject: Re: [Tigers] weather strip

From: Tom Parker <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2013 20:39:42 -0400

Robert,

The rubber weather strip on my car is screwed to the drip molding from the
outside, and the drip molding is riveted to the windshield frame. I
probably have the old pictures on a cd somewhere, but they're not with me
in Florida; I remember it was somewhat confusing to figure out which were
rivet holes and which were screw holes; I think the rubber seals determined
which were which.

Tom
'67 Mark 2

On Mon, Aug 19, 2013 at 4:25 PM, Bates,Robert E Jr <[email-masked]>wrote:

> Hello - I am reassembling my 1966 Tiger after a full restoration, and am a
> little confused about the weather strip that is between the windshield drip
> molding and the door vent window.  Is it just glued to the drip molding?
>  How
> is it orientated?  I'm sure it will be obvious once I'm done, but confusing
> now.
>
>
>
> Pictures of the installed weather strip would be appreciated.  Please send
> to
> [email-masked].
> edu>
>
>
>
> Thanks.  Bob
> _______________________________________________
>
> [email-masked]
>
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

---

From: Jay Laifman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2013 17:52:39 -0700

At least on the one I bought from SS years ago, it matched the original
with the metal strip inside the rubber having holes in it for the screw to
go through.  However, the rubber itself did not have a hole.  So, you had
to puncture a hole to get the screw through - matching where you holes on
your frame were, and make the hole just enough to get the screw head
through.  The hole would then close over the screw head.

On Mon, Aug 19, 2013 at 5:39 PM, Tom Parker <[email-masked]> wrote:

> On Mon, Aug 19, 2013 at 4:25 PM, Bates,Robert E Jr <[email-masked]
> >wrote:
>
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

[email-masked]