Subject: [Tigers] Cobra continuation

From: snakebit289 <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2013 04:38:17 -0700 (PDT)

Stephen,
Just from memory, the 4000 series sounds like the fatter coil sprung
version of the recent version of the Shelby Cobra. This is strictly my
opinion, but if your friend is keen on this model Cobra, and the price is
within his limit and he's not buying add-ons that he's going to discard in
order to equip his new car to his own liking, I would favor the Shelby version
over cars like Superperformance or Factory Five, particularly if one of his
concerns is resale value.

Also, I  would check to see how close a new 4000
today from Shelby price-wise would compare to the cost of  the used one that
your friend is thinking about. Also, again just my opinion, but I would check
into the leaf sprung, scrawnier version, based on the original Cobra MK II
289. They're rarer as replicars, and probably more enjoyable as a occasional
street-driven car, like a bigger Tiger.

Just as an aside, Hemmings reported
yesterday that what amounts to a barn-find Cobra MK I (one of the first 260
models with skinnier wires and no side fender vents) sold at auction(the
Pebble Beach / Quail Lodge event) for $ 2.07 million including premium, so far
the record for leaf-sprung Cobra's.

Rande Bellman
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]