Subject: [Tigers] Celebrating the Alpine's 60th birthday at the TE/AE United Oct 10-13

From: "Eric Gibeaut" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 11 Aug 2013 09:30:24 -0400

This year's United celebrates 60 years of the Alpine with many special
events planned for Alpine owners! The location is St. Michaels,
Maryland-which is on the Eastern Shore.
The early registration cutoff date is August 15th and the block of reserved
hotel rooms expires then too.
Here is some more updated information-I hope that you can join us with your
Alpine, Tiger, Harrington, Hillman or any other Rootes car.
http://www.rootesamerica.org/

Celebrating 60 Years of the Alpine!
 Plans are shaping up well for United XXXII which will take place in
beautiful St. Michaels on Maryland's Eastern Shore October 10-13. St.
Michaels is a beautiful seaside town on the Chesapeake Bay with a nice
selection of shops, museums and restaurants. We've added some nice features
to this year's event including several special guests who will be spending
the weekend with us.
 Registration has been very strong and we're expecting a big turnout. Don't
forget, the early registration discount ends on August 15th as does our lock
on the hotel block of rooms. Register online at:
http://www.rootesamerica.org/

Our goal is to encourage as many Alpines as possible to attend and we've
created a special "Sprit of the Alpine" award. Alpines will be displayed
prominently at the Concours. Hagerty Insurance is sponsoring this award.

 The Historic Vehicle association / FIVA will be presenting a Preservation
Award given to the best preserved Rootes Group Vehicle so bring out those
unrestored, but well loved cars!

 SPECIAL GUESTS: Tim Suddard editor of Classic Motorsports and Grassroots
Motorsports will be our guest speaker at Sunday's banquet. (Tim restored a
Tiger chronicled in a series of articles and will actually be spending the
entire weekend with us. The club and United will be featured in an article
for the magazine). John Roseby is travelling from Great Britain to
participate. John is well known in Alpine circles for his restorations and
knowledge of Alpine transmissions, especially overdrive units. John will
present a tech session for all interested. Martha Wheat/Christiansen who
many may know for her excellent upholstery kits will also be here.
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

---

From: "Eric Gibeaut" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2013 20:59:44 -0400

Rootes Group Enthusiasts,

We've had a great response to this year's United XXXII in St. Michaels, Md.
As of today, we have over 130 people and 60+ cars attending. This is a
reminder that if you plan to join us for this year's event, get those
registrations in. We've been able to extend the early registration rates at
the hotel until September 9th or until the block of rooms is sold out. We'll
also honor the early United registration rates until September 9th. Because
of overwhelming interest in the Chesapeake Cruise, we are now sold out. You
can register online at:

http://www.rootesamerica.org
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]