Subject: [Tigers] generator, Ford part number

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2013 13:38:25 -0400 (EDT)

Hello,
 
Anybody know the correct Ford part number for a Tiger generator ?
 
BTW: my car is a late Mk 1A

Jim  Armstrong
Mk 1A 
382002083
LRXFE
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

---

From: "Will Seay" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2013 12:28:50 -0400

Jim,

I have attached a picture of the original generator out of B382001570.  Note
that I masked the original P/N stenciling before repainting.  In case you can't
read the number from the picture, it's C40F-10000-A.  I expect that this is the
correct number for your 1A too.  You should note that the parts book lists
separate numbers for the generator and for the pulley - the Tiger pulley isn't
the same as for the standard Ford 260 generator.  Numbers from the parts book
are: CITZ-10002-A for generator, C20F-10130-A for the pulley.  The workshop
manual lists C20F-10000-G, presumably for the generator/pulley assembly.  The
workshop manual covers both MK1 and 1A but lists only one P/N.  I expect the C2
number was for the MK1 and the C4 number is for the MK1A.

Will Seay_____________
[email-masked]
"I think not therefore I am not" (anon)

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On
Behalf Of [email-masked]
Sent: Tuesday, August 13, 2013 1:38 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Tigers] generator, Ford part number

Hello,

 
Jim  Armstrong
Mk 1A 
382002083
LRXFE 

[email-masked]

---

From: " Ron Fraser" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2013 15:35:14 -0400

The C2OF-10000-G is for a generator with a 1 sheave pulley.

Most Ford generators are the 15V, 30 amp type.

The number stamped on the generator I believe follows the Ford Model year.

It is possible that a few C2OF-1000-G generator were used very early in the
MkI but since the Tiger engine production started in the 1964 model year,
Aug 1963.  I believe the Tiger generator were all marked C4OF-10000-A but I
do not have any details to totally support that statement.

I did not looked at this point in my Original Engine Study. My guess most
original generators were replaced or rebuilt and the number stamp long gone.
Its always good to see new information about the original Tiger engine
configuration pop up.

Ron Fraser

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
On Behalf Of Will Seay
Sent: Thursday, August 15, 2013 12:29 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Tigers] generator, Ford part number

Jim,

I have attached a picture of the original generator out of B382001570.  Note
that I masked the original P/N stenciling before repainting.  In case you
can't read the number from the picture, it's C40F-10000-A.  I expect that
this is the correct number for your 1A too.  You should note that the parts
book lists separate numbers for the generator and for the pulley - the Tiger
pulley isn't the same as for the standard Ford 260 generator.  Numbers from
the parts book
are: CITZ-10002-A for generator, C20F-10130-A for the pulley.  The workshop
manual lists C20F-10000-G, presumably for the generator/pulley assembly.
The workshop manual covers both MK1 and 1A but lists only one P/N.  I expect
the C2 number was for the MK1 and the C4 number is for the MK1A.

Will Seay_____________
[email-masked]

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
On Behalf Of [email-masked]
Sent: Tuesday, August 13, 2013 1:38 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Tigers] generator, Ford part number

Hello,

Jim  Armstrong
Mk 1A
382002083
LRXFE

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

-----
No virus found in this message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
Version: 2013.0.3392 / Virus Database: 3211/6578 - Release Date: 08/14/13
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]