Subject: Re: [Tigers] Gear set

From: " Ron Fraser" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2013 09:12:37 -0400

Denis
	Ford made an RUG toploader overdrive transmission back in 1977 for
the Granada and others.  Not sure how long that transmission was produced.
	I don't know if it will fit the Tiger.  I have seen articles where
the overdrive transmission parts were installed into an early toploader
transmission but this could be a very big job to accomplish.  I don't know.

	I'm not sure you would like the gears in the RUG transmission
either; it seems to me there was a very large gap between each gear.

	Maybe someone on the List has investigated the RUG transmission in
more detail.

Ron Fraser

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
On Behalf Of denis mercier
Sent: Monday, August 19, 2013 6:47 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Tigers] Gear set

Hi guys !
Yesterday it was a beautiful day her in Quebec and i used my Tiger for the
first time this summer to make a ride. Each time i use my Tiger i would like
to have an overdrive. Is it possible to use a top loader transmission gear
ratio like first 2.90 second 1.93 third 1.36 top.85 When i'l restored my
Tiger i'l put a wide ratio gear set on it and differential is standard 2.88
Thanks! Denis B382000926LRXFE
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]