Subject: Re: [Tigers] Tiger

From: "denis mercier" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2013 15:34:23 -0400

MessageHi Ron.
I made a modification on the hinge who move the soft top down and up. I
slightly heat and bent the face who come in contact with the soft top frame
and everything fit well. Also i thing i can adjust the side window back to
close the gap from side window to soft top post rubber seal.
For the transmission gear ratio i thing the best deal is to fit a 5 speed, but
it's expensive. It's cost effective for peoples who use there cars often.
Denis.

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Ron Fraser
  To: 'denis mercier'
  Sent: Monday, August 19, 2013 2:31 PM
  Subject: RE: Tiger

  Denis

      Not sure how much I can help here.   I have the hardtop on and I don't
remember how well the soft top fit.

  It appears that when you took the bolt out that the pivot arm moved forward.
Is that correct?

  If so then the soft top fabric is restricting the pivot and the vertical
gray part from getting to its correct forward position.

  You would need to loosen all the screws along the back that hold the soft
top fabric to free the pivot arm or maybe just the vertical fabric.

  You might be able to remove all the fabric up the vertical post and
accomplish the same - not sure.
  Maybe just the vertical fabric can be adjusted to let the pivot move all the
way forward.

  I would also check for any broken welds up by the bows.

  I measured around .39 inches from the back edge of the glass to the front
edge of the chrome finisher on my Tiger Mk IA.

  Ron

    -----Original Message-----
    From: denis mercier [mailto:[email-masked]]
    Sent: Sunday, August 18, 2013 6:58 PM
    To: [email-masked]
    Cc: Dave Munroe
    Subject: Fw: Tiger

    When i unscreew the bolt look the space at botom of support. I'l heat with
torch to bent slightly the face of support and the soft top frame is at the
right place.
    ----- Original Message -----
    From: Denis Mercier
    To: [email-masked]
    Sent: Sunday, August 18, 2013 6:38 PM
    Subject: Tiger
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]