Subject: [Tigers] Oil and Filter Recommendations...

From: Larry Mayfield <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 28 Jul 2013 07:15:01 -0700

Ok, so I have drained the break in oil (Shell Rotella T 15W 40, from the 
new race motor and cleaned out the pan. Now it is time to put in the 
really good (read expensive) stuff.  I know some of you build race 
motors for on track service so how about you  foltks telling me, and the 
rest  of us, what you recommend for a filter for race and which 
synthetic oil you think is best?  The salt flats motor has basically all 
standard bearing clearances and some of the newer metric piston rings, 
gap less. Roller lifters, roller rockers, timing chain Torrington thrust 
bearing. All pretty standard stuff...  Good race journal bearings.  The 
motor will get HOT during a full boogie down range run.

Whadda ya think? Tell me?

mayf

-- 
______________________________
drmayf
Worlds Fastest Sunbeam, period.
204.913 mph flying mile
210.779 mph exit speed
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]