Subject: Re: [Tigers] headlight bucket

From: Jay Laifman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2013 12:24:08 -0700

And use the rubber seals available from Curt or Rick.  Not the flat piece
of rubber from VB.

On Mon, Jul 8, 2013 at 2:45 PM, Gary Winblad <[email-masked]>wrote:

> They WERE rivets.  You can use screws/nuts when you put them back,
> that's what I did.
> Gary
>
>     ----- Original Message -----  From: Tom Pappenhagen <[email-masked]>
>  To: [email-masked]  Sent: Mon, 08 Jul 2013 14:37:59 -0000 (UTC)
>  Subject: [Tigers] headlight bucket    I'm reassembling my Tiger after a 20
> year hiatus.  If I look at the old  headlight buckets it appears that they
> were pop-rivited to the body, is this  the case?  I had to drill them out
> all those years ago, so it's possible the  remains were once bolts, but
> they look more like rivits.  Anyone have the  answer and if they were
> rivits the size?  TIA.    ...tom  B9473100
>  _______________________________________________    [email-masked]   Donate:
> http://www.team.net/donate.html  Archive: http://www.team.net/archive Forums:
> http://www.team.net/forums  Unsubscribe:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]
> _______________________________________________
>
> [email-masked]
>
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

---

From: "Kirk Smith" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 Jul 2013 13:48:28 -0700

In the very early 70's, my '67 MK1A was traveling at high speed on the 405
on the valley side of Mulholland Drive when my headlight rim decided to
separate itself from the body at about 100 MPH...I looked in the rear view
mirror just in time to see the headlight rim land in the slow lane in front
of an 18 wheeler- which promptly ran it over several times.  This headlight
rim had a clip-type of fit to the body.  The headlight rim I replaced it
with (as well as the other side) turned into a screw-in affair after that
incident.  I believe many of the original headlight rims had the clip-type
fit, but were probably reinforced with other methods! 

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
On Behalf Of Jay Laifman
Sent: Tuesday, July 09, 2013 12:24 PM
To: Gary Winblad
Cc: Tom Pappenhagen; Tiger's Den
Subject: Re: [Tigers] headlight bucket

And use the rubber seals available from Curt or Rick.  Not the flat piece of
rubber from VB.

On Mon, Jul 8, 2013 at 2:45 PM, Gary Winblad <[email-masked]>wrote:

> year hiatus.  If I look at the old  headlight buckets it appears that 
> they were pop-rivited to the body, is this  the case?  I had to drill 
> them out all those years ago, so it's possible the  remains were once 
> bolts, but they look more like rivits.  Anyone have the  answer and if
they were

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

---

From: "Thomas Witt" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 Jul 2013 14:10:18 -0700

>>> ... when my headlight rim decided to separate itself from the body at 
>>> about 100 MPH... - The headlight rim I replaced it with (as well as the 
>>> other side) turned into a screw-in affair after that incident.<<<

Kirk,
 Surely I thought this was going to be a moral lesson on why one should not 
exceed the speed limit.  But..., I guess not.  :-)  LOL

Tom 

[email-masked]

---

From: "Smit, Theo" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2013 21:59:46 +0000

Tom,
Tigers are cats. They have no morals. Kirk's email doesn't really indicate
whether or not he was driving, so his morals aren't in question either. All he
said was he was traveling at a high rate of speed. I can commiserate with
that... I get in the Tiger, turn the key, and then stuff happens, quite often
involving prodigious acceleration if not speed, and I'm really just along for
the ride. ;)

Theo

________________________________

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email and any attachments are for the sole use of
the intended recipient(s) and contain information that may be confidential
and/or legally privileged. If you have received this email in error, please
notify the sender by reply email and delete the message. Any disclosure,
copying, distribution or use of this communication (including attachments) by
someone other than the intended recipient is prohibited. Thank you.
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]