Subject: [Tigers] Castrol brake fluid

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2013 15:21:48 -0400 (EDT)

Hello,
 
Thank you Kirk for getting to the bottom of it. And thanks for telling  us. 

Jim  Armstrong
Mk 1A 
382002083
LRXFE

Message: 1
Date: Sun, 14 Jul 2013 13:00:59 -0700
From: "Kirk  Smith" <[email-masked]>
To:  <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Castrol brake  fluid

Jim,

Some of the online pictures might be  old.  The new Castrol Brake Fluid DOT 
4
has a higher boiling point than  the old Castrol GT LMA, and I think they
wanted to differentiate it from the  old stuff, so they changed the name.  I
ordered the new stuff, and,  although not in the title, the description on
the back of the container  states it is Low Moisture Absorption.  So,
basically the same, just a  higher boiling  point.

Kirk
B382000503
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

---

From: Gary Winblad <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2013 19:58:41 +0000 (UTC)

It sounds like most have forgotten that GT LMA was the new fangled stuff
that we had to use when the original correct  Castrol "Amber" fluid was gone..
If this old codger remembers correctly...

Gary

    ----- Original Message -----  From: [email-masked]  To:
[email-masked]  Sent: Mon, 15 Jul 2013 19:21:48 -0000 (UTC)  Subject:
[Tigers] Castrol brake fluid    Hello,     Thank you Kirk for getting to the
bottom of it. And thanks for telling  us.        Jim  Armstrong  Mk 1A
382002083  LRXFE      Message: 1  Date: Sun, 14 Jul 2013 13:00:59 -0700  From:
"Kirk  Smith"   To:    Subject: Re: [Tigers] Castrol brake  fluid  Message-ID:
<000001ce80cc$dc7b60c0$95722240$@net>  Content-Type: text/plain;
charset=US-ASCII    Jim,    Some of the online pictures might be  old.  The
new Castrol Brake Fluid DOT   4  has a higher boiling point than  the old
Castrol GT LMA, and I think they  wanted to differentiate it from the  old
stuff, so they changed the name.  I  ordered the new stuff, and,  although not
in the title, the description on  the back of the container  states it is Low
Moisture Absorption.  So,  basically the same, just a  higher boiling  point.
Kirk  B382000503  _______________________________________________
[email-masked]    Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html  Archive:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2013 16:12:53 -0400 (EDT)

That's cool Gary. I'm 65, had my Tiger since 1976 and never heard of  
"Amber"
 
jim

In a message dated 7/15/2013 3:58:42 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,  
[email-masked] writes:

It  sounds like most have forgotten that GT LMA was the new fangled stuff
that  we had to use when the original correct  Castrol "Amber" fluid was 
gone..  
If this old codger remembers  correctly...

Gary

----- Original Message  -----  From: [email-masked]  To:  
[email-masked]  Sent: Mon, 15 Jul 2013 19:21:48 -0000  (UTC)  Subject: [Tigers] 
Castrol brake  fluid    Hello,     Thank you Kirk for  getting to the bottom of 
it. And thanks for  telling  us.        Jim  Armstrong  Mk  1A    382002083 
 LRXFE      Message:  1  Date: Sun, 14 Jul 2013 13:00:59 -0700  From:  
"Kirk  Smith"  To:    Subject:  Re: [Tigers] Castrol  brake  fluid  Message-ID:  
<000001ce80cc$dc7b60c0$95722240$@net>  Content-Type:  text/plain;  
charset=US-ASCII    Jim,    Some  of the online pictures might be  old.  The new 
Castrol  Brake Fluid DOT   4  has a higher boiling point  than  the old Castrol 
GT LMA, and I think they  wanted to  differentiate it from the  old stuff, 
so they changed the  name.  I  ordered the new stuff, and,  although  not in 
the title, the description on  the back of the  container  states it is Low 
Moisture  Absorption.  So,  basically the same, just  a  higher  boiling  
point.    Kirk  B382000503  _______________________________________________   
 [email-masked]    Donate:  http://www.team.net/donate.html  
Archive:  http://www.team.net/archive  Forums:  http://www.team.net/forums  
Unsubscribe:  http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]  
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

---

From: Gary Winblad <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2013 20:59:09 +0000 (UTC)

Shop manual Section P.
I'm "only" 62 but had my Tiger and first brake fluid problem in 1971.
My Tiger was my college car..  well, its still MY car  ;-)
Other cars and wives come and go but still have THAT Tiger..
Gary

----- Original Message -----
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Sent: Mon, 15 Jul 2013 20:12:53 -0000 (UTC)
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Castrol brake fluid

jim

In a message dated 7/15/2013 3:58:42 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, 
[email-masked] writes:
It 
  sounds like most have forgotten that GT LMA was the new fangled stuff
that 
  we had to use when the original correct  Castrol "Amber" fluid was gone.. 
  
If this old codger remembers 
  correctly...

Gary

    ----- Original Message 
  -----  From: [email-masked]  To: 
  [email-masked]  Sent: Mon, 15 Jul 2013 19:21:48 -0000 
  (UTC)  Subject: [Tigers] Castrol brake 
  fluid    Hello,     Thank you Kirk for 
  getting to the bottom of it. And thanks for 
  telling  us.        Jim  Armstrong  Mk 
  1A   
  382002083  LRXFE      Message: 
  1  Date: Sun, 14 Jul 2013 13:00:59 -0700  From: 
  "Kirk  Smith" 
    To:    Subject: 
  Re: [Tigers] Castrol 
  brake  fluid  Message-ID:  <000001ce80cc$dc7b60c0$95722240$@net>  Content-Type: 
  text/plain;  charset=US-ASCII    Jim,    Some 
  of the online pictures might be  old.  The new Castrol 
  Brake Fluid DOT   4  has a higher boiling point 
  than  the old Castrol GT LMA, and I think they  wanted to 
  differentiate it from the  old stuff, so they changed the 
  name.  I  ordered the new stuff, and,  although 
  not in the title, the description on  the back of the 
  container  states it is Low Moisture 
  Absorption.  So,  basically the same, just 
  a  higher 
  boiling  point.    Kirk  B382000503  _______________________________________________    [email-masked]    Donate: 
  http://www.team.net/donate.html  Archive: 
  http://www.team.net/archive  Forums: 
  http://www.team.net/forums  Unsubscribe: 
  http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]        
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

---

From: "Smit, Theo" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2013 21:02:51 +0000

I'd never heard of it either, but Google can find everything...
http://www.importautoberdoo.com/Brake.html

Theo

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:tigers-
> [email-masked]] On Behalf Of [email-masked]
> Sent: July 15, 2013 2:13 PM

________________________________

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email and any attachments are for the sole use of
the intended recipient(s) and contain information that may be confidential
and/or legally privileged. If you have received this email in error, please
notify the sender by reply email and delete the message. Any disclosure,
copying, distribution or use of this communication (including attachments) by
someone other than the intended recipient is prohibited. Thank you.
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2013 17:03:35 -0400 (EDT)

Shows you know what's important!
 
Jim Armstrong

In a message dated 7/15/2013 4:59:26 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,  
[email-masked] writes:

Shop  manual Section P.

----- Original Message -----
From:  [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc:  [email-masked]
Sent: Mon, 15 Jul 2013 20:12:53 -0000  (UTC)
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Castrol brake  fluid

jim

It  

Gary

-----  Original Message 
brake  fluid  Message-ID:  <000001ce80cc$dc7b60c0$95722240$@net>  
boiling  point.    Kirk  B382000503  
_______________________________________________    [email-masked]    Donate:  

[email-masked]

---

From: Owain Lloyd <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2013 17:21:48 -0400

I only ever use one of two fluids in everything.  When on a budget and for
road cars ate super blue (cheap, good high boiling point, comes in two
colours which makes changes a breeze).  Otherwise castrol react (srf) which
has a stratospheric boiling point.

Any reason I should consider any other fluids?

On Monday, July 15, 2013, wrote:

> [email-masked] <javascript:;> writes:
>
> Shop  manual Section P.
> From:  [email-masked] <javascript:;>
> To: [email-masked] <javascript:;>
> Cc:  [email-masked] <javascript:;>
> [email-masked] <javascript:;> writes:
>
>
> It
> -----  From:  [email-masked] <javascript:;>  To:
> [email-masked] <javascript:;>  Sent: Mon, 15 Jul 2013  19:21:48
> -0000
> Content-Type:
> _______________________________________________    [email-masked]<javascript:;>   Donate:
> [email-masked] <javascript:;>
>
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

[email-masked]

---

From: "csx2282" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2013 16:49:50 -0700

I dunno gary, I guess you are an old coger because that was Catrol Girling 
Brake and Clutch Fluid "Crimson"!  Probably you just got it confused with 
your beer.

Roland

----- Original Message ----- > Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2013 19:58:41 +0000 (UTC)
> From: Gary Winblad <[email-masked]>
> To: [email-masked]
> > >

[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2013 09:24:15 -0400 (EDT)

____________________________________
 From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Sent: 7/16/2013  9:23:27 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time
Subj: Re: [Tigers] Castrol brake  fluid

Gosh
 
Don't ask me. That's for the technical heavy hitters in the group!
 
Jim Armstrong

In a message dated 7/15/2013 5:21:48 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,  
[email-masked] writes:

Jim Armstrong

In a message  dated 7/15/2013 4:59:26 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
[email-masked] (javascript:;)  writes:

Shop  manual Section P.

----- Original Message  -----
From:  [email-masked] (javascript:;) 
To: [email-masked] (javascript:;) 
Cc:  [email-masked] (javascript:;) 
Sent: Mon, 15 Jul 2013  20:12:53 -0000  (UTC)
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Castrol brake  fluid

jim

In a message dated  7/15/2013 3:58:42 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
[email-masked] (javascript:;)  writes:

It

Gary

-----  Original  Message
-----  From:  [email-masked] (javascript:;)   To:
[email-masked] (javascript:;)   Sent: Mon, 15 Jul 2013  19:21:48 
-0000
_______________________________________________    [email-masked] 
(javascript:;)     Donate:

[email-masked] (javascript:;) 

[email-masked]