Subject: [Tigers] Distributor vacuum line

From: " Ron Fraser" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 13 Jul 2013 16:12:42 -0400

I've been looking into why the distributor vacuum line only has a Rootes
part number.

Rootes either modified the Ford part or they made them in England; I'm just
curious which is true.

I've had a couple of replies that the Original vacuum line is 25" long and I
would like to have more to confirm this.

I hope there are more original vacuum lines out there - I would like to hear
from those who do.

The length of the line would be nice and/ or some pictures.

Thanks for the help

Ron Fraser
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

---

From: " Ron Fraser" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 14 Jul 2013 11:06:28 -0400

Mark
	I like your Complex String Field Theory.
Thank you for the pictures.

Ron 

-----Original Message-----
From: Mark Rense [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Sunday, July 14, 2013 10:29 AM
To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: RE: [Tigers] Distributor vacuum line

Ron,
I analyzed the original vacuum line off B382001465 by applying complex
String Field Theory. In other words, I ran a string from one end to the
other while standing out in my field. The line is still attached to the
original carb.

The results were 24 3/4 inches in length. I have attached pictures but the
list will not see them.

Bugz

-

[email-masked]

---

From: " Ron Fraser" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2013 16:06:06 -0400

Mayf
	There is no PN physically marked on the line.  

My curiosity got the best of me when I noticed there is only a Rootes part
number listed in the Parts List for the vacuum line.  I always thought it
was a stock Ford part but since there is no a Ford part number associated
with this part I began to wonder.

Thank you for helping with you vacuum line.

Ron Fraser

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
On Behalf Of Larry Mayfield
Sent: Monday, July 15, 2013 1:19 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Distributor vacuum line

The dizzy vacuum line on my MKI is original so I will remove it and 
measure. Now, as to PN where on the line is that located?   While I wont 
use advanced string theory to measure it, I will use proper technique to 
do so: string will be laid on the center line of the tube so that the 
bends do not come into play.   I wll even take a museum quality photo 
and forward it to each and all who would like to see it.  Why, I don't 
know, lol...

mayf

______________________________
drmayf
Worlds Fastest Sunbeam, period.
204.913 mph flying mile
210.779 mph exit speed

On 7/13/2013 1:12 PM, Ron Fraser wrote:
> I've been looking into why the distributor vacuum line only has a 
> Rootes part number.
>
> Rootes either modified the Ford part or they made them in England; I'm 
> just curious which is true.
>
> I've had a couple of replies that the Original vacuum line is 25" long 
> and I would like to have more to confirm this.
>
> I hope there are more original vacuum lines out there - I would like 
> to hear from those who do.
>
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe: 
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

-----
No virus found in this message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
Version: 2013.0.3349 / Virus Database: 3204/6492 - Release Date: 07/15/13
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

---

From: " Ron Fraser" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2013 20:27:41 -0400

Mayf
	Thank you for checking

Thanks

Ron Fraser

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Monday, July 15, 2013 6:47 PM

Well, dang, my vacuum line is not original or even stock. Has been a 
long time since I doodled with it though so forgive me.... Somewhere in 
swapping engines returning to stoick swapping yet again etc, it went 
awry. Oh, well...

mayf

On 7/15/2013 10:19 AM, Larry Mayfield wrote:
> measure. Now, as to PN where on the line is that located?   While I 
> wont use advanced string theory to measure it, I will use proper
> technique to do so: string will be laid on the center line of the tube 
> so that the bends do not come into play.   I wll even take a museum 
> quality photo and forward it to each and all who would like to see 
> it.  Why, I don't know, lol...
>
> mayf
>

[email-masked]

-----

[email-masked]

---

From: David or Gary Franchi <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2013 18:13:51 GMT FILETIME=[39753420:01CE8250]

I believe the reason there is no Ford part number shown in the Tiger parts book is Ford didn't service the vacuum line. The Ford parts book for 1960 to 1964 (link below) and the 1965 to 1972 both state "12226 TUBE-DISTRIBUTOR VACUUM-STEEL..NOT SERVICED-MAKE FROM 8C 2669-B" Since Ford didn't have a number, Rootes wouldn't either. I wonder if there are any of these left in inventory in England, I never tried to order one in the past. I don't believe an original Ford line and Tiger line would be different, the only interference problem I can see might be hood clearance. 

David

Book Cover
http://pic50.picturetrail.com/VOL439/2051017/24149527/407213409.jpg

Page
http://pic50.picturetrail.com/VOL439/2051017/24149527/407213410.jpg
 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From: Ron Fraser
Sent: Saturday, July 13, 2013 1:12 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Tigers] Distributor vacuum line

Thanks for the help

Ron Fraser

[email-masked]

---

From: " Ron Fraser" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2013 16:36:59 -0400

David
	You maybe totally correct that there was no service part and that is
why Rootes listed no Ford part number.
As I have stated I was curious so I dug into this issue to see what I could
find.

There are 2 styles of this vacuum line; early style has a taller and narrow
vertical loop, later style, made for the Mustang, has a shorter and wider
vertical loop.  The change in styles happened in 1964.

I have pictures of both styles on Tiger engines.  To me the pictures of the
stock Ford line look different than the pictures of the stock Tiger line.
This is not the best way to judge them but is what I have on hand.

I purchase a new vacuum line, later style - length = 26 3/8" but I have no
idea how correct it is.

I installed this later style vacuum line on my engine and checked the
clearance to the Bonnet - 2".  I suspect the early style line would have
about an inch of clearance.

Reported length of the Tiger line - 25" from 3 replies to my question.

I bent a 27" length of tubing similar to the new vacuum line I purchased,
except I put a larger radius bend at the distributor as shown in pictures,
then cut it to tuck it in along the coil and for clearance to the radiator
hose.

Tube length = 25"

Ron Fraser

-----Original Message-----
From: David or Gary Franchi [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Tuesday, July 16, 2013 2:14 PM
To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Distributor vacuum line

I believe the reason there is no Ford part number shown in the Tiger parts
book is Ford didn't service the vacuum line. The Ford parts book for 1960 to
1964 (link below) and the 1965 to 1972 both state "12226 TUBE-DISTRIBUTOR
VACUUM-STEEL..NOT SERVICED-MAKE FROM 8C 2669-B" Since Ford didn't have a
number, Rootes wouldn't either. I wonder if there are any of these left in
inventory in England, I never tried to order one in the past. I don't
believe an original Ford line and Tiger line would be different, the only
interference problem I can see might be hood clearance.

David

Book Cover

Page http://pic50.picturetrail.com/VOL439/2051017/24149527/407213410.jpg
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]