Subject: [Tigers] Thinking Ahead...

From: Larry Mayfield <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2013 07:15:06 -0700

Considerations for a future year motors for the Salt Flats car. Just 
some thoughts and interest questions...

What are choices for a twin or sohc  engine just under 3 liters? all 
motor ideas (ie no power adders). Current record is 200.xx

What are the choices for a just under 2 liter 4 banger?

Anyone interested in building an Alpine motor, with transmission, for 
the salt car?  It will have to be a goer, lol...  current record is 178 
and change.... motor only, no blower or NOS.

Having just spent a box full of money on this motor, if you wanna play 
anything that is to be built needs to have readily available speed 
parts!  Custom is NOT the way to save money, lol...

mayf

-- 
______________________________
drmayf
Worlds Fastest Sunbeam, period.
204.913 mph flying mile
210.779 mph exit speed
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 28 Jul 2013 13:00:41 -0400 (EDT)

Mayf,
If you're thinking of putting this proposed engine into a Sunbeam  car I'll 
help by throwing in a few bucks for the cause.
Mark L

In a message dated 7/28/2013 12:52:53 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,  
[email-masked] writes:

Ok, the  basic restrictions to engines are:
1. Motors are blown, unblown This next  genb is UNBLOWN
2. Fuels are either Fuel, ie nitometnhane, alcohol,   NOS, gasoline 
Propane, electrical... NExt gen motor is GASOLINE. No  limitations on 
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]