Subject: [Tigers] WHAT DID YOU DO ON or WITH YOUR TIGER TODAY!?

From: "robert jaarsma" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2013 15:36:32 -0400

That's exactly what my Tiger did, burn up that same wire. I hope to address
this soon, but have other projects at this moment.

Robert

-----Original Message-----

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]

On Behalf Of Rense, Mark (GE, Appl & Light)

Sent: Wednesday, July 17, 2013 9:07 AM

To: 'LIST TIGER'

Subject: Re: [Tigers] WHAT DID YOU DO ON or WITH YOUR TIGER TODAY!?

Last night in Tigerland I laid on my back and gazed up into a strange and
wondrous universe whilst I pondered weak and weary. In other words, I pulled
the driver's seat and stuck my head under the dash trying to figure out why
the ignition (white) wire suddenly decided to smolder and let some smoke
out.

I had just pulled into my drive Monday and the engine suddenly quit and
smoke billowed out from under the dash. Ignition switch off, I crawled under
and saw that the white wire from the ignition switch to the tach and then
beyond was melted right up to about an inch before it disappears into the
harness on its way to the ballast resistor. I could not find any obvious
place where the wire had grounded out, so I applied the tried-and-true
method of jiggling the harness and turned the key. No more smoke and the car
started. Hmmm. So last night, with 9V battery and multi-meter in hand I
traced the wire from the ignition switch all the way to the distributor and
found no shorts. Again, hmmm. I then replaced the charred wire with new
smoke-filled wire and everything seems OK. So far. Suggestions will always
be cheerfully accepted.

While I was there, I broke the fuel pump circuit and installed a toggle
switch, this for two purposes. One is for slightly increased security as the
car will not go far if "borrowed", two, I can shut off the fuel before I
park the car on hot days to minimize fuel boiling in the bowls.

Bugz
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]