Subject: Re: [Tigers] (no subject)

From: Cullen McCann <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2013 20:35:01 -0500

Thanks Tony. Called, left message. Holler back. ;)

Hey everyone else. How's it going? Lets start a discussion....

WHAT DID YOU DO ON or WITH YOUR TIGER TODAY!?

Cullen

Sent from my iPad

On Jul 16, 2013, at 8:00 PM, Tony Lang <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Cullen, please call me at 618 207 5559. I will be mowing until about 9 cst
but
> if you will leave a message w/ your number I will call you back when I come
> in. TIA!
>
> Tony Lang (TtT)
> _______________________________________________
>
> [email-masked]
>
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

---

From: "Andy Walker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2013 22:26:59 -0500

Well, Cullen...I passed it in the shop to go work on my Saleen Mustang!!!!
As you know, I've got a light mechanical restoration planned for the Tiger
in order to get it ready for next year's SUNI VI, but first comes a few
tasks on the Saleen.  Wanna help with some exhaust work???  ;-)

Andy

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
On Behalf Of Cullen McCann
Sent: Tuesday, July 16, 2013 8:35 PM
To: Tony Lang
Cc: Beamclub
Subject: Re: [Tigers] (no subject)

Cullen

Sent from my iPad

but
> if you will leave a message w/ your number I will call you back when I 
> come in. TIA!
>
> Tony Lang (TtT)

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

---

From: "Buck Trippel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2013 20:42:11 -0700

Dan Walters & I finished rebuilding the brakes on the SCF Tiger today as we
work to get it ready for the trip to Monterey in 3 weeks.
We should have it ready to race tomorrow which is by far the earliest we've
ever been ready.

(Last year our "race" started when my wife and I loaded it into the trailer
at midnight and towed north before dawn "racing" to meet our scheduled
mid-morning tech time.)

Hope to see many of you up there.

Buck

Cullen

Sent from my iPad

[email-masked]

---

From: "Kirk Smith" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2013 20:53:52 -0700

Mine is not a daily driver...however, when I had it out last week, I drove
south on PCH to Neptune's Net.

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
On Behalf Of Buck Trippel
Sent: Tuesday, July 16, 2013 8:42 PM
To: 'Cullen McCann'; 'Tony Lang'
Cc: 'Beamclub'
Subject: Re: [Tigers] (no subject)

Buck

Cullen

Sent from my iPad

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

---

From: "Smit, Theo" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2013 14:38:46 +0000

I'm finally back on the road with new FR steering rack, Minx spindles, and
aluminum rad. But there are a few teething issues with the new suspension
geometry. The sway bar sits closer to the wheel inner edge with the new
spindles, and that plus the fact I took out the front wheel spacers is making
the wheel hit the swaybar well short of where full steering lock should be. So
I have to move the outboard swaybar mount up.

Steering is noticeably quicker with the FR rack - the ratio is about 16%
quicker IIRC and there is basically no lash in the new rack so the car goes
EXACTLY where your hands go. Kinda nice, after years of having a worn/damaged
rack with a broken Belleville washer on one side. The effort is still
manageable even with a small steering wheel although you notice it at parking
lot speeds.

I'm going back to a mechanical fan after trying to run without it (just
electric fan) for several summers. It seems like there is just no drive that
doesn't at some point involve sitting in traffic and my electric fan was just
not able to keep up even with the new rad. So I picked up a Flex-a-Lite 14"
fan last weekend and mounted it... now I have to make a shroud to fit that.

After that... it will be a matter of driving the car and working out all the
little things that have piled up over the years so it's good to go for Suni
VI.

Theo

> From: [email-masked] [mailto:tigers-
> [email-masked]] On Behalf Of Ron Fraser
> Sent: July 16, 2013 9:20 PM
> Nothing - Too bloody Hot but tomorrow some new rubber donuts are
> expected so maybe out with the old dry rotten bunch and in with the new
> but again maybe too HOT to venture out.
>
> Ron Fraser
>

________________________________

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email and any attachments are for the sole use of
the intended recipient(s) and contain information that may be confidential
and/or legally privileged. If you have received this email in error, please
notify the sender by reply email and delete the message. Any disclosure,
copying, distribution or use of this communication (including attachments) by
someone other than the intended recipient is prohibited. Thank you.
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

---

From: "Smit, Theo" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2013 14:57:00 +0000

Itbs the Flaming River Cobra/MGB rack. You have to move the rack mounts on the front crossmember outboard 1 inch (each) and redo the steering intermediate shaft. That rack comes with a B>b b 48 spline shaft so I got two of their U-joints in B>-48 on one side, B>b double-D on the other, and their DD intermediate shaft. The angularity of the upper U-joint is right on the limitb& if I feel really ambitious at one point Ibll cut and regrind the shaft on the rack so that I can reduce the angle between the two shafts a bit. I know that Dale (and others?) have done a thing where they use an Alpine steering column and then make a double intermediate shaft. This requires an extra support  on the frame rail. One could also use a double U joint at the upper end.

There are a few guys doing that electric PS column especially in England. I havenbt had any time to look into itb& I expect that someone will show up at SUNI with one.

Theo

From: Gary Winblad [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: July 17, 2013 8:48 AM
To: Smit, Theo
Cc: 'Beamclub'
Subject: Re: [Tigers] (no subject)

Hi Theo,
What kind of rack did you install?  FR must be "Fast Ratio"...
Sounds like you need that electric power steering column!
Gary

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email and any attachments are for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and contain information that may be confidential and/or legally privileged. If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender by reply email and delete the message. Any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this communication (including attachments) by someone other than the intended recipient is prohibited. Thank you.
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

---

From: Larry Mayfield <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2013 08:02:06 -0700

Theo,  yes, the Flaming River R&P units are great hardware. I use one 
based on th eold Pinto fitments int eh race car. It goes where you point 
it. But, opposite of you, I slowed down my ratio because at speed the 
smallest driver twitch inputs steering commands to the front wheels. 
That can get twitchy at 210 mph, lol..

mayf

______________________________
drmayf
Worlds Fastest Sunbeam, period.
204.913 mph flying mile
210.779 mph exit speed

On 7/17/2013 7:38 AM, Smit, Theo wrote:
> Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

[email-masked]