Subject: Re: [Tigers] Distributor vacuum line

From: "Mark Rense" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 14 Jul 2013 10:29:27 -0400

Ron,
I analyzed the original vacuum line off B382001465 by applying complex
String Field Theory. In other words, I ran a string from one end to the
other while standing out in my field. The line is still attached to the
original carb.

The results were 24 3/4 inches in length. I have attached pictures but the
list will not see them.

Bugz

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
On Behalf Of Ron Fraser
Sent: Saturday, July 13, 2013 4:13 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Tigers] Distributor vacuum line

I've been looking into why the distributor vacuum line only has a Rootes
part number.

Rootes either modified the Ford part or they made them in England; I'm just
curious which is true.

I've had a couple of replies that the Original vacuum line is 25" long and I
would like to have more to confirm this.

I hope there are more original vacuum lines out there - I would like to hear
from those who do.

The length of the line would be nice and/ or some pictures.

Thanks for the help

Ron Fraser
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of Stock Vacuum Line2.jpg]

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of Stock Vacuum Line1.jpg]
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

---

From: Larry Mayfield <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2013 10:19:18 -0700

The dizzy vacuum line on my MKI is original so I will remove it and 
measure. Now, as to PN where on the line is that located?   While I wont 
use advanced string theory to measure it, I will use proper technique to 
do so: string will be laid on the center line of the tube so that the 
bends do not come into play.   I wll even take a museum quality photo 
and forward it to each and all who would like to see it.  Why, I don't 
know, lol...

mayf

______________________________
drmayf
Worlds Fastest Sunbeam, period.
204.913 mph flying mile
210.779 mph exit speed

On 7/13/2013 1:12 PM, Ron Fraser wrote:
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

[email-masked]

---

From: Larry Mayfield <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2013 15:46:48 -0700

Well, dang, my vacuum line is not original or even stock. Has been a 
long time since I doodled with it though so forgive me.... Somewhere in 
swapping engines returning to stoick swapping yet again etc, it went 
awry. Oh, well...

mayf

On 7/15/2013 10:19 AM, Larry Mayfield wrote:
> measure. Now, as to PN where on the line is that located?   While I 
> wont use advanced string theory to measure it, I will use proper 
> technique to do so: string will be laid on the center line of the tube 
> so that the bends do not come into play.   I wll even take a museum 
> quality photo and forward it to each and all who would like to see 
> it.  Why, I don't know, lol...
>
> mayf
>

[email-masked]

---

From: "Will Seay" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2013 19:28:57 -0400

Ron,

I don't know if you'll consider this to be helpful or not, but anyway..  I
measured the length of the original vacuum line on B382001570.  It came to 26
1/8" +/- about 1/4".  This is an end-to-end measurement of the line and includes
the about 5/8" of line on each end that goes through the fitting.  Measurement
was  done using the prescribed string-measurement technique at standard
temperature and pressure.

And to add an additional dimension to your study, I took a shot at measuring the
dimensions of the loop in the line.  Bend radius of the loop is about 1 3/8".
Height of the loop (to the top of the bend) is about 4".

Will Seay_____________
[email-masked]
"I think not therefore I am not" (anon)

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On
Behalf Of Ron Fraser
Sent: Saturday, July 13, 2013 4:13 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Tigers] Distributor vacuum line

I've been looking into why the distributor vacuum line only has a Rootes part
number.

Thanks for the help

Ron Fraser

[email-masked]