Subject: Re: [Tigers] Tiger Tires

From: "Jerry Mo Christopherson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Jul 2013 15:27:09 -0500

The question came up what the date code is on my tires, which is very
important.  My two front 185/60-13 are coded 3511 which if Ibm not mistaken
means the 35 week of 2011, and the rear 205/60-13 are coded 1612 which means
the 16th week of 2012.

Hopes this helps.  By the way the tires are bFederal Formosab brand.

Jerry Christopherson

9473187

TAC insp. 358

From: Gary Winblad [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Tuesday, July 02, 2013 2:51 PM
To: Jerry Mo Christopherson
Cc: Tiger Autox
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Tiger Tires

Jerry,
My tires are from 1993, I am a LOT more worried than you!
Are you sure you are not buying 10 year old "new" tires?
When you get them, let us know the date code
Thanks,
Gary

    ----- Original Message -----  From: Jerry Mo Christopherson
<[email-masked]>  To: Tiger Autox <[email-masked]>  Sent: Tue,
02 Jul 2013 18:43:16 -0000 (UTC)  Subject: [Tigers] Tiger Tires    Seems that
there is a lot of discussion on the little 13" tires for the  Tiger.  I know I
had a set on order for almost a year and a half from  Tires.com with no luck
at all.  Then the discussion about two or three week  ago on this list got me
thinking to order again from Tires.com.   Well they  contacted me a couple of
days later and said they were out and they were on  back order.  Just as they
had said on my earlier order.  He said to try  EBay, so I did.  Now I know a
lot of you guys do a lot of outcrossing and  other types of racing that
require a well built and aggressive tire, but for  those of you that just want
a tire for general driving, the ones I found  seem to be just the ticket.  The
sizes I ordered are 205/60 13 and 185/60  13.  My tires are over ten years old
and even though there is plenty of  tread, I just didn't trust them, tires can
dry rot from the inside.  Anyway  the ones I ordered are Formosa brand (never
heard of them before) of course  made in Taiwan.  However they are rated H
which is 130mph, of course I hope  I never get my Tiger to that speed.  The
point of this whole discussion is  that tires ARE available.  And at a very
reasonable price.  The company I  ordered from is at www.tires-easy.com .
Very fast delivery also.         Jerry Christopherson    9473187
_______________________________________________    [email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

---

From: "Thomas Witt" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 Jul 2013 13:53:52 -0700

Thanks Jerry.  My Tiger has the 13" Cosmic wheels (like the Harrington has). 
Thus, I have interest in using 13" tires. Though I'm glad you found these 
Formosa tires I see they were $73 plus shipping, plus taxes.  Sadly it seems 
like it wasn't too long ago I was contemplating 205-60-13" Sumitumo 
HTR-200's for $44 each and under $9 to ship (from The Tire Rack). And, at 
that time I had probably seven or so tires to choose from.

My Tiger has been on jackstands for 13 years now.  Maybe half that time ago 
people started talking about 13" tires going away.  I contemplated buying a 
set.  But each year the car sat and I was thankful the tires weren't 
"dating" in the air - yet I was frustrated that the choices became fewer and 
the price higher.  I guess it's like retirement. The longer you work, the 
more money you have. But, the fewer days (and health) to enjoy it.
Tom

[email-masked]

---

From: Jeffery Randall <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Jul 2013 21:52:56 -0400

Jerry You are correct in your date code analysis first #s are the week
second #s are the last 2 numbers of the year of manufacture.
   Jeff

On Tue, Jul 2, 2013 at 4:53 PM, Thomas Witt <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Thanks Jerry.  My Tiger has the 13" Cosmic wheels (like the Harrington
> has). Thus, I have interest in using 13" tires. Though I'm glad you found
> these Formosa tires I see they were $73 plus shipping, plus taxes.  Sadly
> it seems like it wasn't too long ago I was contemplating 205-60-13"
> Sumitumo HTR-200's for $44 each and under $9 to ship (from The Tire Rack).
> And, at that time I had probably seven or so tires to choose from.
>
> My Tiger has been on jackstands for 13 years now.  Maybe half that time
> ago people started talking about 13" tires going away.  I contemplated
> buying a set.  But each year the car sat and I was thankful the tires
> weren't "dating" in the air - yet I was frustrated that the choices became
> fewer and the price higher.  I guess it's like retirement. The longer you
> work, the more money you have. But, the fewer days (and health) to enjoy it.
> Tom
>
>
>
>
>> important.  My two front 185/60-13 are coded 3511 which if Ib m not
>> mistaken
>> Hopes this helps.  By the way the tires are b Federal Formosab  brand.
>>
>>
>>
>> Jerry Christopherson
>>
>> 9473187
>>
> ______________________________**_________________
>
> [email-masked]
>
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.**html<http://www.team.net/donate.html>
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/**
> options/tigers/jefferyrandall@**gmail.com<http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]>

[email-masked]