Subject: [Tigers] What did I do with my Tiger today??

From: "Jerry Mo Christopherson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2013 14:38:28 -0500

Well, it came time to redo my brake master cylinder.  The last time I
rebuilt it I was only 45 years old, this time I'm 70.   So getting under the
dash to remove the two nuts (nylock nuts of course) and compress the spring
to get the spring retainer out, was not as fun as it was when I was younger
(had to build a special tool to do it).  Once out it was very simple to
clean up and put the new kit in.  Speaking of the kit (HK52) it was such a
pleasure to deal with Rick at SS, I think he had it in the mail before I
hung up the phone!!  Don't you just love the places that say  "We ship in
24- 48 hrs.".

Something to note is the condition of the rubber.  I use silicon fluid
mainly because my Tiger is more of a show car and I don't want fluid to ruin
the paint.  But the condition of the rubber in 25 years is just as people
have said for a long time, that the rubber does get somewhat softer.  The
front edge of the main seal showed wear (didn't have the sharp leading edge
as a new one does). I can send photos if anyone is interested. The problem I
was having is that I started to have to pump the peddle a time or two to get
a hard peddle, so I knew there needed to be some refreshing somewhere.  I'm
now going to get a kit for the booster as it's been 11years since I redid
it.  I didn't like seeing some of the "trash" that was in the reservoir,
it's supposed to be nice and clear.  I think I'll do all four wheels just
for my own piece of mind.   I might do a video on the rebuilding of a
booster and put it on YouTube for all to see.  Perhaps someone has already
done that, I haven't looked for one.

Jerry Christopherson

9473187

TAC insp. #58
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]