Subject: Re: [Tigers] another Tiger fraud auction

From: michael king <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2013 10:53:56 +1000

Guys, I had emailed the seller during the auction and asked if i bought the
car could he store it for 3 weeks while I arranged shipping, I also asked
his preferred method of payment. I got this response today after the
auction had closed:

*Tomos Evans <[email-masked]>

03:18 (7 hours ago)

to me
Hi,
I appreciate your interest in my 1964 Sunbeam Tiger MK I Sports. The car is
still available for sale. The actual buyer didn't have all the funds
available and didn't follow through with the purchase. I have a clear title
in my name. Please find a link to additional photos bellow my message. My
asking price is $16,000. I am currently away for a few days, but I will be
back to Lowell next week. I can arrange shipping to your location when I
return. For payment I accept bank wire transfer. Alternately we can close
this deal using eBay protection. If we close this deal I will email you a
scan of the title before wiring the payment. Let me know if you agree with
my terms.

Thanks,
Tomos Evans

http://postimg.org/gallery/27j07w50*

On 29 June 2013 17:09, michael king <[email-masked]> wrote:

> *Fraud tiger auction! This car is for sale in Melbourne Australia at the
> healey factory.. NOT IN THE USA!!!
>
> beware!!
>
>
> http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Other-Makes-SUNBEAM-TIGER-RHD-Convertible-1964-sunbeam-tiger-mk-i-sports-rhd-/111108853991?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item19de9a90e7&vxp=mtr
> *
>
> --
> Regards
>
> Michael King

-- 
Regards

Michael King
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

---

From: "George" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2013 06:45:11 -0400

I emailed him asking why I could see the same car & pictures at
http://www.healeyfactory.com.au/listing/1964-sunbeam-tiger/  and have yet to
get an answer.  The next day the auction was gone!
 
George

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
On Behalf Of michael king
Sent: Tuesday, July 02, 2013 8:54 PM
To: Tiger Talk List Tiger
Subject: Re: [Tigers] another Tiger fraud auction
 
Guys, I had emailed the seller during the auction and asked if i bought the
car could he store it for 3 weeks while I arranged shipping, I also asked
his preferred method of payment. I got this response today after the auction
had closed:

03:18 (7 hours ago)
 
to me
Hi,
 
Thanks,
Tomos Evans
 
 <http://postimg.org/gallery/27j07w50*> http://postimg.org/gallery/27j07w50*
 
[email-masked]> wrote:
 
> *Fraud tiger auction! This car is for sale in Melbourne Australia at 
> the healey factory.. NOT IN THE USA!!!

[email-masked]

---

From: Cullen McCann <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2013 08:21:54 -0500

In my opinion....always be leery of someone who refers to something they
are supposed to be intimately familiar with, by what the title of the
auction is..".I appreciate your interest in my 1964 Sunbeam Tiger MK I
Sports". who in the tiger world would refer to the own car that way? Thats
like saying, "thank you for your interest in my Nike Cross Trainer Athletic
Shoes Model X with High Impact soles size 12".... its like a robot said it.
Gimme a break. The least these scammers can do is make a mild attempt to
learn how to fake it better.

This has scam written all over it. And I'm not one of those guys who
assumes all things too good to be true, are... sometimes good deals do
happen, I have a few neat old cars that proof of that. but still, this is
dangerous.

Cullen
Alpine 260
TAC 840

On Wed, Jul 3, 2013 at 5:45 AM, George <[email-masked]> wrote:

> auction
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

[email-masked]