Subject: [Tigers] Hood release

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2013 22:42:38 -0400 (EDT)

Okay, a question/survey.............some cars came with a cable to  release 
the hood and others with a rod.  I have heard that the MK1's came  with a 
rod and everything after came with a cable.
When I got my MK1A over 20 yrs. ago it came with a rod.  It's  hard to 
believe that the cable had been switched for a rod because just about  nothing 
on the car had been changed.  It was as original as you could  find.  On Ebay 
there is a rod for sale that is claimed to come from a  MK1A.....   Item  
#251292299850  .
So, the question is, did anyone else have an original MK 1A   or MK11 that 
came with a rod rather than a cable?
Mark L
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2013 16:03:29 -0400 (EDT)

Thanks for the replies.  The theory that 1A's never came with  a rod seems 
to be incorrect.  The parts book says the change occurred after  #1826 and 
owners with cars are high as 1570 are saying theirs came with a  rod.  I was 
pretty sure that my #1369 had an original rod.  Thanks for  those that 
responded. Now I can get a good night's sleep :-))
Mark L

In a message dated 6/20/2013 2:55:53 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,  
[email-masked] writes:

Mark,
My 1A (1570) came with a rod.

Will  Seay_____________
[email-masked]
"I think not therefore I am not"  (anon)

-----Original Message-----
From:  [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] 
 On
Behalf Of [email-masked]
Sent: Wednesday, June 19, 2013 10:43  PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Tigers] Hood release

Okay,  a question/survey.............some cars came with a cable to  
release  the
hood and others with a rod.  I have heard that the MK1's  came  with a rod 
and
everything after came with a cable.
When I got  my MK1A over 20 yrs. ago it came with a rod.  It's  hard to  
believe
that the cable had been switched for a rod because just about   nothing on 
the
car had been changed.  It was as original as you  could  find.  On Ebay 
there is a rod for sale that is claimed to  come from a  MK1A.....   Item  
#251292299850   .
So, the question is, did anyone else have an original MK 1A    or MK11 that 
came with a rod rather than a cable?
Mark L  
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

---

From: "Andy Walker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2013 06:05:30 -0500

Mark:

If it helps, my Mk1A #1600 has a hood release rod instead of a cable.  I'm
not the original owner, however, so I can't say that it came that way.

Andy Walker
Edmond, OK
B382001600LRXFE
TAC #740

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
On Behalf Of [email-masked]
Sent: Thursday, June 20, 2013 3:03 PM
To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Hood release

responded. Now I can get a good night's sleep :-)) Mark L

Mark,

Will  Seay_____________
[email-masked]

-----Original Message-----

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]