Subject: Re: [Tigers] fuel pump

From: Tom Parker <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2013 19:22:51 -0400

On Mon, Jun 10, 2013 at 5:54 PM, <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Delphi FD0002

Checked. That's a 20# pressure fuel pump. I hope you're not using it with a
carb.

Tom
/67 Mark 2
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

---

From: Jay Laifman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2013 16:39:09 -0700

That better be some needle valve!

FWIW, there are quite a lot of posts in the archives about the correct
pressure based upon carb, engine, etc.  But, yes, certainly none of them
come close to 20, let alone double digits.

On Mon, Jun 10, 2013 at 4:22 PM, Tom Parker <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

[email-masked]

---

From: "Smit, Theo" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2013 23:54:23 +0000

The Facet pumps are available in a wide range of flow and pressure limits.
They also have a cylindrical pump that can support higher power engines:
https://www.pegasusautoracing.com/group.asp?GroupID=FACET

For carbs, also remember that the way the floats are hung and how you drive
(autocross) can impact the peak pressure that the needle and seat will
withstand.

Cheers,
Theo

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:tigers-
> [email-masked]] On Behalf Of Jay Laifman
> Sent: June 10, 2013 5:39 PM
> To: Tom Parker
> Cc: LIST TIGER; [email-masked]
> Subject: Re: [Tigers] fuel pump
>
> pressure based upon carb, engine, etc.  But, yes, certainly none of
> them come close to 20, let alone double digits.
>
>

________________________________

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email and any attachments are for the sole use of
the intended recipient(s) and contain information that may be confidential
and/or legally privileged. If you have received this email in error, please
notify the sender by reply email and delete the message. Any disclosure,
copying, distribution or use of this communication (including attachments) by
someone other than the intended recipient is prohibited. Thank you.
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

---

From: Tom Parker <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2013 20:10:10 -0400

I have a Red Holley pump @ 4 - 6#  ($109 at Summit) that I use as a
stand-by pump for when my old Bendix bites the dust. It runs continuously,
and is loud mounted in the boot. The only problem I had was when I put a
filter 'tween the tanks and the pump. They said that was a no-no. They were
right. I don't know how loud it would be under the baggage tray.

The number PLDFlyer gave  was for a 20 pound pressure pump according to
Summit Racing:

Fuel Pump, Electric, 23 gph Free Flow Rate, 20 psi Maximum Pressure, Buick,
Chevy, Ford, Subaru, Toyota, Each

Tom
'67 Mark 2

On Mon, Jun 10, 2013 at 7:54 PM, Smit, Theo <[email-masked]>wrote:

> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

[email-masked]