Subject: Re: [Tigers] Tiger tires

From: "Smit, Theo" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 23 Jun 2013 22:50:31 +0000

http://www.midatlanticmotorsport.com/panasport.htm

Just choose with your wallet ;)

Back when the sanctioning bodies would only allow wheels that were up to (1.5
or 2?) inches wider than stock for GT racing, the tire manufacturers responded
with cantilever-sidewall slicks - so you could (or still can) get a 9"
tread-width slick designed to go on a 7" rim. The current crop of ultrawide
'street' radials don't work when their sidewalls are sucked into an
insufficiently wide tire, so you can only mount what you can find a rim for...
thankfully due to modular aluminum wheels as well as the mini-stock crowd
standardizing on the Ford bolt pattern, you can get 13 inch steel or aluminum
race wheels in whatever width you need.

Theo

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:tigers-
> [email-masked]] On Behalf Of [email-masked]
> Sent: June 23, 2013 4:23 PM
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: Re: [Tigers] Tiger tires
>
> http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sunbeam-Alpine-Tiger-Lotus-Cortina-Super-Seven-
> Panas
> port-13x6-wheels-
> /230729212431?pt=Vintage_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=i
> tem35b888620f&vxp=mtr
>
>

________________________________

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email and any attachments are for the sole use of
the intended recipient(s) and contain information that may be confidential
and/or legally privileged. If you have received this email in error, please
notify the sender by reply email and delete the message. Any disclosure,
copying, distribution or use of this communication (including attachments) by
someone other than the intended recipient is prohibited. Thank you.
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]