Subject: Re: [Tigers] fuel pump

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2013 08:04:06 -0400 (EDT)

I was advised that if the filter before the pump plugged up, the  pump 
would starve and burn up.  I put one in anyway :-)  Oh, and I put  a shut-off 
between the tanks and pump. Very handy to be able to shut off the  fuel supply 
for any reason.
Mark L

In a message dated 6/10/2013 8:24:29 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,  
[email-masked] writes:

That is  curious about there being a warning not to use a filter between 
the fuel tanks  and the red Holley fuel pump. The instructions for my new 
black Holley 125  pump spec an 80-100 micron pre-filter for between the tanks 
and the pump and  another, 70 micron or better filter at the carbs. 

Gene 
-----  Original Message -----
From: "Tom Parker" <[email-masked]>  
To: "Theo Smit" <[email-masked]> 
Cc: "LIST TIGER"  <[email-masked]> 
Sent: Monday, June 10, 2013 7:10:10 PM  
Subject: Re: [Tigers] fuel pump 

I have a Red Holley pump @ 4 - 6#  ($109 at Summit) that I use as a 
stand-by pump for when my old Bendix  bites the dust. It runs continuously, 
and is loud mounted in the boot. The  only problem I had was when I put a 
filter 'tween the tanks and the pump.  They said that was a no-no. They 
were 
right. I don't know how loud it  would be under the baggage tray. 

The number PLDFlyer gave was for a 20  pound pressure pump according to 
Summit Racing: 

Fuel Pump,  Electric, 23 gph Free Flow Rate, 20 psi Maximum Pressure, 
Buick, 
Chevy,  Ford, Subaru, Toyota, Each 

Tom 
'67 Mark 2  
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive:  http://www.team.net/archive
Forums:  http://www.team.net/forums
Unsubscribe:  http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]