Subject: Re: [Tigers] Brake Caliper split seals for Tiger - FYI

From: Marc James Small <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 06 Jun 2013 14:36:40 -0400

At 02:24 PM 6/6/2013, Joel Martin wrote:
 >The caliper seals, 007J4908, are carried by Dave Bean Engineering @
 >http://www.davebean.com/  the lotus store.  A Ken Gray there is very
helpful
 >and they carry all sorts of caliper pieces plus clutch slave cylinders and
 >other parts for tiger that seem to cross to other vehicles.  Ken tells me
the
 >caliper pistons crossed to Cortina GT, Elan +2 and Triumph GT6. They do not
 >have a online catalog at this point, so you need to call 209 754
 >5802.   Thanks Tom.

The '70 to '74 Coritina used the  second
generation of the Girling brake system.  The
Cortina was sold in the US by Ford under the
Mercury label, as my pea-brain data banks recall.

Marc

[email-masked]
Cha robh b`s fir gun ghr`s fir!
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

---

From: "Thomas Witt" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 06 Jun 2013 12:00:44 -0700

Note: You will have to cut and paste this (whole) reference to see the site. 
I drove past DBE a few weeks ago.  I barely caught it out of the corner of 
my eye as I motored down California's historic Hwy 49. I got all excited - 
my wife... less so.  You have to appreciate how a service out in the "middle 
of nowhere" (for us city/suburbia dwellers) can be substantial to a small, 
but dedicated group of specific car owners.

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=636+W+St+Charles+St,+San+Andreas,+CA&hl=en&ll=38.188866,-120.674472&spn=0.011536,0.022724&sll=38.190771,-120.675101&sspn=0.000721,0.00142&oq=636+w+St+Charles+St,+San+Andreas,+CA&t=h&hnear=636+W+St+Charles+St,+San+Andreas,+Calaveras,+California&z=16&layer=c&cbll=38.188577,-120.674421&panoid=cn8ehrQrOJ1mPobnV3Gwyw&cbp=12,189.73,,1,3.16

> http://www.davebean.com/  the lotus store. 

[email-masked]

---

From: Jay Laifman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2013 12:10:14 -0700

Are we talking about the piston seal or the seal between the caliper
halves?  If the later, as far as I know, there is no good reason to split
the calipers unless they are leaking between the halves, and you are only
asking for trouble if you do.

I've never done it.  So, I don't know how realistic the trouble is.  On the
other hand, I've never had a need to do it either.

Jay

On Thu, Jun 6, 2013 at 11:36 AM, Marc James Small <[email-masked]>wrote:

> ______________________________**_________________
>
> [email-masked]
>
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.**html<http://www.team.net/donate.html>
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/**options/tigers/jay.laifman@**
> gmail.com<http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]>

[email-masked]