Subject: [Tigers] Kia Optima

From: Chip Broadbooks <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2013 15:52:54 -0400

So Lance, my 12 y/o son, and I were out for a Sunday drive in the Kitty.
 We get off the Interstate (I-40), headed towards the house, and sitting at
the red light on the off ramp.  There are two lanes turning left, which
crosses under the interstate and there is a red light directly on the other
side of the underpass. We were in the inside lane.  A car pulls up beside
us, and when the light turns green, just takes off fast as hell, only to
stop at the red light on the other side of the underpass.

We pull up at the light next to him and he starts revving his engine.  Both
Lance and I look over at him, and Lance looks back at me.  Lance:
"Dad.....Does he want to race?"
Me: "It kind of sounds that way."
Lance: "Um.... He's in a Kia. *A KIA!!*!"
And we both start laughing.

The light turns green and he just lights up his tires and is just
accelerating *seemingly* very quickly. I didn't take off fast because
really, I wasn't expecting THAT from a Kia!

At the next light, we pull up beside him again.  We're in the left lane,
he's in the right.  About two hundred yards after the light, the right lane
merges into the left and you're on a semi-rural road.  He starts revving up
his engine again.  Lance looks over at him and then back at me.
"Uh-oh. I know that look. I need to hold on don't I?"
I just smiled and winked at him.

The light turns green, and of course I hit the gas as his tires were
smoking again.  I had him enough he had to drop in behind me at the merge.
 Then I shifted to 2nd, and let the Kitty run.  He was right there for a
bit. At least until through the wheel hop I got as the tires were spinning.
 And then we left him.

About 2 miles down the road, we pull into the turn lane going towards our
house. He pulls up again, rolled his window down, and gave us the thumbs
up. As we were turning left, he was steady burning rubber again, taking off
from the light.  I really didn't give it too much thought, after all, it
was just a Kia.

We're at the house and I am making dinner as Lance is on his iPad.
"Uhhh.....Dad?"
"Yeah Buddy."
"Do you know how many ponies that Kia had?"
"Nope. Not a clue.  I know he didn't have enough!" I said laughing.
"274 Horsepower."
"WHAT!!!"
"274 Horsepower, and about 3200 pounds."
"Let me see that!"

Holy Crap!!! He was right!!
274 ponies in a 4 cyl KIA!!!!!

-- 
*Never fear an unknown future to a known God!*
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]