Subject: Re: [Tigers] Tiger tires

From: "Robert D. Hogan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2013 20:18:00 -0400

Actually, I think the discussion on brakes revealed that while there is no
quantitative date on brake upgrades the 11.75" diameter slotted disks from
Wilwood are subjectively worth the cost.  

I also would be interested to know what tire combinations in 15" or 16"
wheel sizes, preferably with tires that nearly match the original wheel &
tire circumference, would be useful on street, track or autocross course.
Cost is another issue entirely.

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
On Behalf Of Gary Winblad
Sent: Friday, June 21, 2013 6:00 PM
To: Tiger List
Subject: [Tigers] Tiger tires

So now that we know all about brake theory and upgrades...

What about the current state of TIRES?

I was shocked to find that 13 inch tires are all but done for.  All you can
now get are cheap "economy car" tires or one single type of street legal
race tire that costs
$600 per set.  Nothing in between.  And I was finally going to actually
drive my Tiger some again...  and my 1993 tires are really bad...  sooo...

Mike Wood, did you solve the 15 inch wheel search?

Any ideas?
Gary
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

---

From: "Thomas Witt" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2013 17:27:23 -0700

Yes! I was looking at the Tire Rack site about a month ago for my son's 
Civic (16" for him) and took a glance at the 13" tire selection - or lack 
of.  The reasonably price Sumitumo HTR-200's were GONE!!! Not only do the 
Cosmic wheels on my Tiger take 13," but the Rallye wheels on my Turbo Pinto, 
and the American (Manufacture), period correct wheels, on my Datsun 510 
also.  Too bad many drive around on forklift like tires mounted on wagon 
wheels these days  (xxx-35-20").

Tom

> I was shocked to find that 13 inch tires are all but done for.  All you 
> can now get are
> cheap "economy car" tires or one single type of street legal race tire 
> that costs
> drive my Tiger
> some again...  and my 1993 tires are really bad...  sooo...
>

[email-masked]

---

From: "Robert D. Hogan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2013 21:42:36 -0400

Summit Racing even has a Coker/Michelin 235/45VR13 that are as wide as the
(rear) BFG TA Radials tires of old but the list price is over $330 each.

-----Original Message-----
From: Tony McNulty [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Friday, June 21, 2013 9:30 PM
To: Robert D. Hogan
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Tiger tires

Looks like Goodyear R5's and Avons  for 13" x 6" wheels -- little "fat" for
stock rims, but work on my 6" BWA's.  The R5 tire may be a bit tall for the
front.  Goodyear also made (or makes) a Y6 that's pretty "low" -- makes it
look like the Tiger's going down the street on its elbows -- but really a
"mean" look.  Not worth two hoots in the wet over 60 mph -- the car will
hydroplane, but really grabby on dry pavement.  They definitely lower the
car a bit and will "just" clear the front fender lip in front.

Tony

----- Original Message -----
From: "Robert D. Hogan" <[email-masked]>
To: "Tigers List" <[email-masked]>
Sent: Friday, June 21, 2013 8:18 PM
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Tiger tires

> can
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe:
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe: 
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

[email-masked]

---

From: Owain Lloyd <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 22 Jun 2013 15:53:12 -0400

The toyos on tirerack are a great tire.  They can even shave them for you.
 There does seem to be very limited choice in the US.  If you check out the
UK sites mytyres.co.uk and camskill.co.uk you will find a huge selection of
13 inch from cheap to top dollar (or top pound anyway).

Shipping would not be that expensive when you consider you save the 20%
sales tax.  They also make quite comfortable checked in baggage if you are
flying...

On Friday, June 21, 2013, Robert D. Hogan wrote:

> From: Tony McNulty [mailto:[email-masked] <javascript:;>]
> From: "Robert D. Hogan" <[email-masked] <javascript:;>>
> To: "Tigers List" <[email-masked] <javascript:;>>
> > From: [email-masked] <javascript:;> [mailto:
> [email-masked] <javascript:;>]
> > [email-masked] <javascript:;>
> >
> > [email-masked] <javascript:;>
> >
> [email-masked] <javascript:;>
>
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

[email-masked]