Subject: [Tigers] Optima Discount for CAT Members

From: John Stithem <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Jun 2013 11:06:31 -0700

Has anyone used the Optima Discount? How much of a discount did you get off
the Optima website price?

Summit sells Optima batteries and are listed for a lot lower price than what
is advertised on the Optima website. Just wondering if the "Discount" offered
to CAT members make the price better than what you can buy it elsewhere for.

>
>
> Message: 3
> Date: Mon, 3 Jun 2013 10:09:05 +1000
> From: michael king <[email-masked]>
> To: Jay Laifman <[email-masked]>
> Cc: "[email-masked]  Den" <[email-masked]>
> Subject: Re: [Tigers] Electrical problem - ignition/ballast resistor?
> Message-ID:
> 	<[email-masked]>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
>
> IIRC CAT have a discount for members on the Optima batteries.. they are
> great and dont leak!
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

---

From: "Thomas Prager" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Jun 2013 13:59:56 -0500 <[email-masked]>

Try Amazon - $160 with free super saver shipping................

tom
  ----- Original Message -----
  Sent: Monday, June 03, 2013 1:06 PM
  Subject: [Tigers] Optima Discount for CAT Members

  Summit sells Optima batteries and are listed for a lot lower price than
what
  is advertised on the Optima website. Just wondering if the "Discount"
offered
  to CAT members make the price better than what you can buy it elsewhere
for.

  > From: michael king
[email-masked]>>

  Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html<http://www.team.net/donate.html>
  Archive: http://www.team.net/archive<http://www.team.net/archive>
  Forums: http://www.team.net/forums<http://www.team.net/forums>
  Unsubscribe:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]<http://auto
x.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]>
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

---

From: Jay Laifman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Jun 2013 12:02:34 -0700

Not to start too much of a seque, but I understand that there was a bad
batch of Optimas for a while there.  I don't know if it has ended, or if it
was definitely a real problem.  But, assuming it was, I wonder if there is
some way to get comfort that what is being purchased from any given source
is a newer one without the alleged problem.

On Mon, Jun 3, 2013 at 11:59 AM, Thomas Prager <[email-masked]> wrote:

> <[email-masked]
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

[email-masked]

---

From: "csx2282" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Jun 2013 12:49:01 -0700

I was able to fixed a leaky accelerator pump on my Holley by replacing the 
diaphragm.  I didn't even have to remove the carb.

Roland

------------------------------
> From: Jay Laifman <[email-masked]>
>
> On the flip side, I noticed that the Holley is dripping gas out the 
> bottom,
> from what looks like an accelerator pump.  Looks like the carb needs to 
> come
> out to service it.

[email-masked]

---

From: Jay Laifman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Jun 2013 13:01:53 -0700

Seriously?

I had my fingers in there with a very stubby phillips screwdriver and
couldn't get leverage on the one screw I could get to. I gave up figuring
if I couldn't do that one, the three inside were going to be impossible.

I'm going to have to look again and see if I can get my allen key type
phillips screw driver in there.

Jay

[email-masked]

---

From: Jay Laifman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Jun 2013 15:21:34 -0700

It sure looks like it.  I will agree that it's at the bottom and could be
from elsewhere.  I don't see any tracks, and it seemed pretty obvious when
the car was running.  I have seen a lot of comments on line that it is a
recurring problem on Holleys, especially with the old black pumps rather
than the new green ones that are resistant to alcohol issues.

But, I'm game to look for something else being the cause.  I'll take a look
again before pulling it off and apart.

Jay

On Mon, Jun 3, 2013 at 3:16 PM, Gary Winblad <[email-masked]>wrote:

> Jay,
> Are you sure?  I've had blown diaphrams but don't think they ever leaked.
> But, I've had plenty of Holley leaks from the fuel bowls and just last
> week from
> the adjustable float adjuster.  Fuel will drip off the lowest point
> (accelerator
> pump) but the leak usually is from above.
> Gary
> > From: Jay Laifman
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

[email-masked]

---

From: steve wick <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Jun 2013 17:26:01 -0700

I must be missing something. Why not just remove the bowl? The old accelerator
pumps
blow out so easy, I used to keep bowl gaskets and diaphragms on hand and
would
change them in about 15 minutes. Use a plastic rattle can cap under one of the
bottom screws
when you pull it out to catch the gas.

Steve in N. Id.

> Date: Mon, 3 Jun 2013 13:01:53 -0700
> From: [email-masked]
> To: [email-masked]
> CC: [email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]