Subject: [Tigers] Bizarre Running Issue

From: "Doornbos, Daniel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2013 14:08:51 +0000

What about the fuel pump?  Electric right?  What if it's getting old and
doesn't like running when the fuel is running at low flow and most restricted
at idle but then the pump does fine when running with throttle open?

Also sounds like an electrical pump to me because of the time factor and
inconsistency.  Your carb is largely mechanical and time shouldn't be a factor
in the poor performance.  Yet electronic pumps as the contacts wear would be
more susceptible to this kind of problem.

dan
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

---

From: "Thomas Witt" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2013 11:22:31 -0700

If for some reason the choke is holding up (or laying "softly") on the 
second to last step..., and you unknowingly set your idle there, - then a 
long drive may eventually generate just enough (additional) heat to move the 
choke off the steps and drop the idle to the point of stall.
Tom 
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]