Subject: Re: [Tigers] Fw: Questions\Issues

From: ironbeast <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 05 Jun 2013 18:44:08 -0400

Joel,
The hole in the bearing cap is supposed to be there for venting. The shop manual also notes that they should not be filled with grease to work correctly.B 
I recently had my calipers rebuilt by apple hydraulics. I think it was about $B 113/caliper. Got em in about a week with new pistons and crossover seal.-not loaded. I was happy with them.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE Smartphone

-------- Original message --------
From: Joel Martin <[email-masked]> 
Date: 06/05/2013  12:03 PM  (GMT-05:00) 
To: Tiger List Serve <[email-masked]> 
Subject: [Tigers] Fw: Questions\Issues 
 
The ride height on the front of my 66 MK1A is too high - car slopes front to
back with stock springs and the CAT rubber insolator which are 5/8" thick.B  It
has been suggested to use Mustang II insolators as well as possibly changing
to Rick's 450 pound springs, which if I remember right are 1" shorter.B  Any
ideas without changing springs or cutting stock springs as I do not like to
cut any springs?

The front brake dust caps have a small hole in the center - is this correct? 
If not source and part number to get new ones - We have taken to NAPA to match
up new ones to no avail.

Is there suppose to be a rubber seal that goes on the 'inner fender where it
meets the wing?B  Possibly like the MGB - cannot seem to determine.B  Little too
wide a gap for using sealer.B  Ideas?

Rebuilt brake calipers or getting yours redone source?B  I rebuilt both
calipers with MGB SS pistons and rebuild kit and also put in new split caliper
seals, though I cannot for the life of me find where I got them.B  One of the
rebuilt calipers is leaking at the split seal location.

Regards
Joel Martin
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]