Subject: Re: [Tigers] Tiger tires

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2013 20:23:34 -0400 (EDT)

http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html

In a message dated 6/21/2013 5:18:25 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,  
[email-masked] writes:

Actually, I think the discussion on brakes revealed that while  there is no
quantitative date on brake upgrades the 11.75" diameter slotted  disks from
Wilwood are subjectively worth the cost.  

I also  would be interested to know what tire combinations in 15" or 16"
wheel  sizes, preferably with tires that nearly match the original wheel  &
tire circumference, would be useful on street, track or autocross  course.
Cost is another issue entirely.

-----Original  Message-----
From: [email-masked]  [mailto:[email-masked]]
On Behalf Of Gary Winblad
Sent:  Friday, June 21, 2013 6:00 PM
To: Tiger List
Subject: [Tigers] Tiger  tires

So now that we know all about brake theory and  upgrades...

What about the current state of TIRES?

I was shocked  to find that 13 inch tires are all but done for.  All you can
now get  are cheap "economy car" tires or one single type of street legal
race tire  that costs
$600 per set.  Nothing in between.  And I was finally  going to actually
drive my Tiger some again...  and my 1993 tires are  really bad...  sooo...

Mike Wood, did you solve the 15 inch wheel  search?

Any  ideas?
Gary
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive:  http://www.team.net/archive
Forums:  http://www.team.net/forums
Unsubscribe:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive:  http://www.team.net/archive
Forums:  http://www.team.net/forums
Unsubscribe:  http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]