Subject: Re: [Tigers] Fw: Questions\Issues

From: " Ron Fraser" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Jun 2013 16:34:48 -0400

Joel
	I have the Mustang II rubber spring perch with stock springs.  I
tried other combinations but I did not like the ride with heavier springs
nor the height with stock or Cat rubber parts.   The suspension needs to
have the car weight on it before tightening the suspension components.

The large bearing cap over the front axle nut does have a small hole - it
will equalize pressure as the bearings, grease and everything heats up and
cools down.

Are you talking about where there is a step at the inner fender?
There is a steel plate with 2 sheet metal screws that cover that area plus a
good bit of seal and undercoat.

Splitting and putting calipers back together can be tricky.  You have to
make sure all the surfaces are clean and flat.
I have reused the original seal with success but there is no guarantee.
Seems to me either Rich or Dale have some of those seals.  I would pull the
leaking caliper apart, inspect the flat areas, clean the seal and dry the
seal area then assembly.

Ron

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
On Behalf Of Joel Martin
Sent: Wednesday, June 05, 2013 12:04 PM
To: Tiger List Serve
Subject: [Tigers] Fw: Questions\Issues

The ride height on the front of my 66 MK1A is too high - car slopes front to
back with stock springs and the CAT rubber insolator which are 5/8" thick.
It has been suggested to use Mustang II insolators as well as possibly
changing to Rick's 450 pound springs, which if I remember right are 1"
shorter.  Any ideas without changing springs or cutting stock springs as I
do not like to cut any springs?

The front brake dust caps have a small hole in the center - is this correct?

If not source and part number to get new ones - We have taken to NAPA to
match up new ones to no avail.

Is there suppose to be a rubber seal that goes on the 'inner fender where it
meets the wing?  Possibly like the MGB - cannot seem to determine.  Little
too wide a gap for using sealer.  Ideas?

Rebuilt brake calipers or getting yours redone source?  I rebuilt both
calipers with MGB SS pistons and rebuild kit and also put in new split
caliper seals, though I cannot for the life of me find where I got them.
One of the rebuilt calipers is leaking at the split seal location.

Regards
Joel Martin
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]