Subject: [Tigers] Updated/ correctionFuel Pressure

From: Don Antilla <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2013 16:37:50 -0400

Friends: I had to correct a mistyping. ("
because the FUEL will be
sucked
")
Please see this updated text.
Don

On 6/18/13 4:06 PM, "Don Antilla" wrote:

>* Joel: I own a Series 200 Griffith with a stroked 289  so it is now 347
>inches.
>I use a Holley Red electric pump which produces 7 PSI
>I have a slightly tuned up HiPo 289 Autolite carb and I do not have any
>flooding problem.
>
>I took a lot of care to assure my float level was per the book.
>My process was:
>* Remove the top from the carb
>* Note the fuel level and measure the distance from the top surface of the
>carb to the wet fuel in the bowl. I forgot the value, but it is found
>easily
>in the Ford publications. If you can't find the value please let me know.
>You MUST be certain to not have a wet fuel level higher than specified
>because the FUEL will then be sucked into the two secondary
>venturis.
>Next:
>* Turn your electric fuel pump ON and observe if the level of the fuel
>rises. It shouldn't take too long for the level to stabilize.
>* When the pump is running, use a flashlght (LED type preferred. NEVER
>bring
>an incandescent bulb anywhere near fuel since a drop on the globe can
>result
>in a fire/explosion) to look into the secondaries and see if any fuel is
>seeping past the booster rings ('venturis). Also look to see if any fuel
>is
>seeping past the booster venturi assembly where it is screwed to the carb
>body.(Be sure you have a gasket under your booster venturi assembly)
>* When the fuel pump changes tone, or when the level stabilizes, measure
>the
>wet fuel level with respect to the top of the carb body. It needs to be
>precisely on the money for the carb to run right.
>* Remember to be sure that you have the little spring retainer piece on
>the
>float pivot/ needle & seat brass piece. If the little retention spring is
>missing, it well could cause the needle to rise and excess fuel to leak in
>substantially. Be sure the lock spring is engaged onto the brass recess.
>Hope this helps.
>
>Don A
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]