Subject: [Tigers] $120,000.00 tiger?

From: "Russ and Tammy C." <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 2 Jun 2013 11:06:47 -0700 (PDT)

Earlier this year I heard that a tiger went for 120 K at one of the auctions. 
Was it a regular tiger ? Are tigers  finally catching on?  Would appreciate
any come back on it.     Thank you.  Russ   [email-masked]
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

---

From: Cullen McCann <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Jun 2013 07:53:22 -0500

Russ, being still a bit of a new guy myself, I hate to see any question
unresponded to...I've been there myself. Problem is, I don't recall which
Tiger it was that sold for the 120k mark. SEEMS like I remember discussions
of a carnival red 260 car of some vintage selling for 6 figure range. My
only thoughts are that its hard to define a "regular" Tiger, but I suppose
a carnival red Mk 1 or 1a would b a pretty "vanilla" in the Tiger world as
opposed to a MK2 or works car, or a race car or something. So many of them
have unique histories, unique ownership, unique VIN's that marked the
beginning or end of a certain body characteristic, or unusual color
schemes, etc, so its hard to define them in my opinion. All that being
said, I think its very true that Tigers are "catching on" or increasing in
value. Mk2's are becoming less obtainable on one end of the spectrum, and 4
Cylinder Alpines are growing as well. I was talking to one of the guys just
a couple days ago about some of these Alpines on eBay that are selling for
8, 9...10 grand or more...which is ALOT more than I paid for my distraught
Tiger project several years ago.... so if clean restored Alpines can bring
8 to 10 grand, and MK2's can bring 85-120 grand...then Id say "regular"
Tigers are some one in between depending on condition and thats an increase
over years past. I still see unrestored basketcases in the 10-15 grand
range...occasionally, and street ready drivers in the 30's and 40's... and
restored examples in the 60's, 70's and such..so if selling prices or
asking prices is any indication of their value or popularity...I'd say they
are among the more collectible cars of their class these days.

Its all relative I suppose....There are those who would say there are
always coattails to ride upon...there will always be another car that is
ahead of it, but for those who want to feel good about their investments, I
think we all should feel justified in that...

Cullen
Alpine 260
Yukon, OK

On Sun, Jun 2, 2013 at 1:06 PM, Russ and Tammy C. <[email-masked]>wrote:

> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

[email-masked]