Subject: [Tigers] Fw: Questions\Issues

From: Joel Martin <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Jun 2013 09:03:54 -0700 (PDT)

The ride height on the front of my 66 MK1A is too high - car slopes front to
back with stock springs and the CAT rubber insolator which are 5/8" thick.  It
has been suggested to use Mustang II insolators as well as possibly changing
to Rick's 450 pound springs, which if I remember right are 1" shorter.  Any
ideas without changing springs or cutting stock springs as I do not like to
cut any springs?
 
The front brake dust caps have a small hole in the center - is this correct? 
If not source and part number to get new ones - We have taken to NAPA to match
up new ones to no avail.
 
Is there suppose to be a rubber seal that goes on the 'inner fender where it
meets the wing?  Possibly like the MGB - cannot seem to determine.  Little too
wide a gap for using sealer.  Ideas?
 
Rebuilt brake calipers or getting yours redone source?  I rebuilt both
calipers with MGB SS pistons and rebuild kit and also put in new split caliper
seals, though I cannot for the life of me find where I got them.  One of the
rebuilt calipers is leaking at the split seal location.
 
Regards
Joel Martin
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]