Subject: [Tigers] Carb Update

From: Jay Laifman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Jun 2013 09:47:00 -0700

Thanks for all the help.

To clarify, some of you suggested the accelerator pump was easier to get at
than others.  It seems there are two Holleys, and the older one is easier
to get to.  But, as others indicated, even on the new one, it's easy enough
to pull the float bowl cover and get at the accelerator pump.

I just called Holley. I ordered their basic rebuild kit.  He suggested that
the accelerator pump diaphram can get hard and crack from just sitting
(which this car has done for way too long - mind you, I told my dad
countless times I wanted him to get up and out and drive the car to the
ground).  He suggested that other rubber gaskets that come in the kit
should probably be replaced too.  So, I'll probably just pull the carb
entirely and go at it.

Jay
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]