Subject: Re: [Tigers] Tiger tires

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2013 11:33:28 -0400 (EDT)

Just got around to this email...guess I've been a little preoccupied!
 
On the subject of tires...and keeping in mind I live in CA and also am more 
 interested in performance than durability...
 
Regarding 15" wheels, Tom Kukla is successfully running 15X7" all around  
with no clearance issues. The fronts are 20mm offset. I don't believe he has  
done any body work and he didn't have any clearance issues. Can't say this 
would  be true of all cars...nothing really is, when it comes to Tigers, it  
seems.
 
The other option with 15's that makes sense is to run 15X6" all around with 
 one of the new gen street tires, like the Dunlop Star Spec II, BFG  Rival, 
etc. Given the need for a well supported sidewall with these  tires, seems 
a 195/50 would be as big as you'd want to go. 
 
As far as 13" choices go, the Toyo RA1 sized 205/60 is the only thing  I'd 
consider. Probably too aggressive for many, but it works well in the wet (if 
 you ever get caught out) and very well in the dry. 
 
Best of all worlds, for me (and pending fitment), would be a set of  15X7's 
mounted up with 205/50 BFG Rivals and my spare set of 13X6's mounted  with 
225/50 Hoosier A6 for autocross (the Hoosier works fine pinched on a  
smaller rim width) :-)

In a message dated 6/21/2013 3:00:13 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,  
[email-masked] writes:

So now  that we know all about brake theory and upgrades...

What about the  current state of TIRES?

I was shocked to find that 13 inch tires are  all but done for.  All you 
can now get are
cheap "economy car" tires  or one single type of street legal race tire 
that costs
$600 per set.   Nothing in between.  And I was finally going to actually 
drive my  Tiger
some again...  and my 1993 tires are really bad...   sooo...

Mike Wood, did you solve the 15 inch wheel search?

Any  ideas?
Gary
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive:  http://www.team.net/archive
Forums:  http://www.team.net/forums
Unsubscribe:  
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]