Subject: Re: [Tigers] To rebuild, or not rebuild, the Holley

From: Marc James Small <[email-masked]> mail.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2013 18:50:56 -0400

At 06:01 PM 6/10/2013, Jay Laifman wrote:

 >My dad would often say not to fix what is not broken.  But, then since it
 >started leaking on the outside, I'm not exactly sure how many of the o
 >rings on the inside may be having trouble.
 >
 >I might run by Pep Boys on the way home and see if I can find it.

Your father and I spatted over that -- my take is, if you're going to 
do a job, then do the entire job and do it right.  But you are the 
Master of Your Own Fate, and I will be saddened to hear of your being 
burned to a cinder in the wreckage of your car.  <he grins>  Your 
father was one hell of an innovative fellow and I admired him 
greatly, even if he kept calling the serial number the 
'VIN'.  California gibberish.  <he grins again>

Ah, the Pep Boys.  Mannie, Moe, and Jack.  I named the Mud Turtle I 
hatched from an egg, 'Moe'.  That was back in '82, in a different 
universe, long ago and far away.  The standard Mud Turtle lives for 
five to ten years in the wild and, perhaps, fifteen when under proper 
care.  Moe is still with us and is still nasty as hell.  Aetate 31 
and hanging hard and tough.  He is the Sunbeam Alpine of the Turtle 
World.  (I have a lot more turtle tales to tell, especially as I keep 
my back lawn mowed through the services of two Sulcata Tortoises.)

Be well, Jay

Marc

It is a good world for doing good deeds.
-- Nathaniel the Faun
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

---

From: Tom Parker <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2013 19:15:54 -0400

Jay,

I'm with Mrc on this, if you're gonna do it, do all of it.

But then...

As to the leak, it could be the pump, as we suspect, or it could be a
sticking needle valve or a mis-adjusted float (among many other things). As
long as you have the bowl off, why not check them first. See PP 20-21 of
the May - June 2013 Summit catalog for float bowl gaskets, and needle
valves, etc..

Tom
'67 Mark 2

On Mon, Jun 10, 2013 at 6:50 PM, Marc James Small <[email-masked]>wrote:

> Your father and I spatted over that -- my take is, if you're going to do a
> job, then do the entire job and do it right.  But you are the Master of
> Your Own Fate, and I will be saddened to hear of your being burned to a
> cinder in the wreckage of your car.  <he grins>  Your father was one hell
> of an innovative fellow and I admired him greatly, even if he kept calling
> the serial number the 'VIN'.  California gibberish.  <he grins again>
>
> hatched from an egg, 'Moe'.  That was back in '82, in a different universe,
> long ago and far away.  The standard Mud Turtle lives for five to ten years
> in the wild and, perhaps, fifteen when under proper care.  Moe is still
> with us and is still nasty as hell.  Aetate 31 and hanging hard and tough.
>  He is the Sunbeam Alpine of the Turtle World.  (I have a lot more turtle
> tales to tell, especially as I keep my back lawn mowed through the services
> of two Sulcata Tortoises.)
>
> Be well, Jay
>
> Marc
>
>
>
>
> ______________________________**_________________
>
> [email-masked]
>
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.**html<http://www.team.net/donate.html>
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/**options/tigers/tkparker1941@*
> *gmail.com<http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]>

[email-masked]