Subject: [Tigers] Clutch rebuild kit

From: Jay Laifman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2013 19:35:53 -0700

I got the rebuild kits for the master and slave from Rick.  There is an extra
rubber piece in the master kit that I don't know where it goes.  There was the
dust cap.  There was the seal that goes into the piston.  There is the small
seal that goes under the plastic part at the end of the rod attached to the
piston.  I got all those.  But there is one more rubber ring.  It is bevelled.
I have no idea where it goes.  It's not on the car, and I don't recall one
like it on previous masters that I've rebuilt.  It is about big enough to go
around the end of the plunger, between the plunger and the plate that holds
the plunger in.  But, that  doesn't really make sense - unless just one more
possible dust seal.

I have a picture I can email if it would help.

Thanks,
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

---

From: " Ron Fraser" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2013 12:16:07 -0400

Jay
	The first possibility is that the rebuild kit is becoming more
generic and contains extra parts.

2nd is the rubber ring big enough that it might be the seal for the
reservoir cap.

Ron Fraser

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
On Behalf Of Jay Laifman
Sent: Friday, April 26, 2013 10:36 PM
To: Tiger's Den
Subject: [Tigers] Clutch rebuild kit

I got the rebuild kits for the master and slave from Rick.  There is an
extra rubber piece in the master kit that I don't know where it goes.  There
was the dust cap.  There was the seal that goes into the piston.  There is
the small seal that goes under the plastic part at the end of the rod
attached to the piston.  I got all those.  But there is one more rubber
ring.  It is bevelled. I have no idea where it goes.  It's not on the car,
and I don't recall one like it on previous masters that I've rebuilt.  It is
about big enough to go around the end of the plunger, between the plunger
and the plate that holds the plunger in.  But, that  doesn't really make
sense - unless just one more possible dust seal.

Thanks,

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

---

From: TtT <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2013 15:17:39 -0500

Jay. not a saying this is one of those times but often one kit may fit more than one application and contain parts not used on all cars. I wouldn't say this is the case but a call to Rick will tell you for certain.Cheers ,  TtT!!!
Sent from Huawei Mobile

 Ron Fraser <[email-masked]> wrote:

>Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
>Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
>Unsubscribe:
>Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
>Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
>Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

[email-masked]

---

From: "Will Seay" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2013 22:50:05 -0400

Jay,

The shop manual has an exploded view of clutch master and slave cylinders, pp C7
in my copy.  Maybe you can find where your mystery part goes from that.

Will Seay 382001570
[email-masked]
"I think not therefore I am not" (anon)

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On
Behalf Of Jay Laifman
Sent: Friday, April 26, 2013 10:36 PM
To: Tiger's Den
Subject: [Tigers] Clutch rebuild kit

I got the rebuild kits for the master and slave from Rick.  There is an extra
rubber piece in the master kit that I don't know where it goes.  There was the
dust cap.  There was the seal that goes into the piston.  There is the small
seal that goes under the plastic part at the end of the rod attached to the
piston.  I got all those.  But there is one more rubber ring.  It is bevelled.
I have no idea where it goes.  It's not on the car, and I don't recall one like
it on previous masters that I've rebuilt.  It is about big enough to go around
the end of the plunger, between the plunger and the plate that holds the plunger
in.  But, that  doesn't really make sense - unless just one more possible dust
seal.

Thanks,

[email-masked]