Subject: [Tigers] Trunk seal install

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2013 18:02:04 -0400 (EDT)

I have a trunk seal to install. I've had it  hanging around for 10-15  yrs. 
in a box. Still soft, but I'm sure natural aging  has  affected the 
surface.  The questions are:  what should be done to prep  the rubber?  What should 
be done to prep the metal of the car?  What  is the best brand of adhesive 
on the market?
Thanks,
Mark L
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

---

From: " Ron Fraser" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2013 13:57:07 -0400

Mark
	If the seal has a good deal of mould release on it; that should be
cleaned off.
I don't think you need to do much else.   The seal just pushes onto the
trunk metal edge.

Find the middle of the seal; start that at the middle of the back edge of
the trunk and move around to the bottom of the trunk middle.  The ends
should be glued to each other.  You may have to cut the seal to fit.

I'm not sure that you need to glue the seal down but you might want to at
the ends.

Mine is just pushed on and only once in awhile do I need push one of the
ends back on.

Ron Fraser

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
On Behalf Of [email-masked]
Sent: Saturday, April 27, 2013 6:02 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Tigers] Trunk seal install

surface.  The questions are:  what should be done to prep  the rubber?  What
should

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

-----
No virus found in this message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
Version: 2013.0.2904 / Virus Database: 3162/6275 - Release Date: 04/26/13
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]