Subject: [Tigers] Expandable seal for Clutch Master Cylinder

From: Jay Laifman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2013 11:00:06 -0700

As we've been posting, moisture is the enemy to the hydraulics.  My dad did
have an expandable insert in there.  But it was ripped and useless now, and
I have no idea where he got it.

I found this one:
http://www.mossmotors.com/graphics/products/PDF/582-505.pdf

I don't know yet for sure if it is the right size.

But, I note that it has a slit in it, and they say that you have to be able
to equalize pressure and must have a hole.  That seems odd to me.  I would
think that if you have an expandable insert, as the level dropped, the
insert would drop with it, and pull in air into its inside.  So it would
equalize the pressure just fine - assuming it could expand freely.  Am I
missing something?

Anyone have a source for a better one?  I called Pegasus and they didn't
have anything.  I've emailed Rick, and we'll see what he says.

Jay
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]