Subject: [Tigers] off topic - S2000's

From: "rande" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Apr 2013 08:41:02 -0400

Mark, do you know if there is an 'autox.team.net' group for the S2000. If there
is, I'm onboard.

Definitely on my list of ten cars that everyone should have the chance to drive.
240hp from a naturally aspirated four cylinder with no help needed from the
accessory booklet. Controls that are not just close to hand, but close to fingers
without taking your hand off of the steering wheel, a shifter that is more toggle
switch than shift lever, more fun to drive than either a Cobra SVT or Shelby
GT-H, and both of those were a blast. OK, not a V8 but how many ponys does your
stock Mark II put out, 200hp gross? OK, digital instrument cluster modelled
on '84 Corvette / Jedi transport. Nothing is perfect. But, the S2000 nearly
is. If you don't live in the snowbelt, there's almost no other excuse not to
have one. I'm a big fan.

Rande 
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 8 Apr 2013 13:33:29 +0000 (UTC)

Rande, 

I agree! 

I bought an S2000 new in 2002 and kept it for nine years. I paid $32,400 for it and sold it for $16,000. Living in Massachusetts, I only drove the car between April and October. The only thing I ever did was change the oil and replace the tires. The car was an absolute blast to drive, especially after 5500 RPM. Keep that engine spooled up and they aren't many cars on the road that can keep up with it. I found the S2000 to be basically a motorcycle with four wheels. I've had muscle cars, sport cars, Tigers, Corvettes and motorcycles and have to say that the S2000 was the most fun! I replaced it with a new Z06 Corvette - also a blast to drive. I have fond memories (very) of my S2000. 

Tym McDowell 

----- Original Message -----
From: "rande" <[email-masked]> 
To: [email-masked] 
Sent: Monday, April 8, 2013 8:41:02 AM 
Subject: [Tigers] off topic - S2000's 

Rande 

[email-masked] 

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive 
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked] 
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]