Subject: [Tigers] OT: Brake adapter fittings Info sought

From: Larry Mayfield <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2013 13:07:52 -0700

I am building a doo hickey that will hopefully let me load the new race 
car motor so I can tune it  here in my shop. The doo hickey uses some 
English brake lines and fitting, the bubble flare kind and I foresee 
issues. The major one is that on the master cylinder I am using there 
are two brake fluid ports, One went to the front wheels and one to the 
back wheels.  In their infinite wisdom, the  Brits decided that while 
the brake lines them selves were ok at about an 1/8  inch in diameter, 
they needed different fittings on the master cylinder outlets.  I need 
an adapter which adapts teh larger one down to the size of the smaller 
one, lol. The smaller one is about 7/16 wrench size while the larger is 
more than 1/2 inch. So, what I am asking you folk for is the names of 
some place that might actually have something like that. A place that 
has a catalog or online descriptions that will clue me in as to what I 
really need. These parts are from an mid 70s XJ-S master cylinder.

any help out there?

TIA

mayf

-- 
______________________________
drmayf
Worlds Fastest Sunbeam, period.
204.913 mph flying mile
210.779 mph exit speed
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]