Subject: [Tigers] Thermostat Housing and Right Angle oil filter adapter

From: Joel Martin <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2013 12:07:24 -0700 (PDT)

All
 
Does anyone know a part number of correct thermostat housing?  Does it have
just one nipple for a 66 MK 1A 289 motor?  I will be installing the heater
core.
 
Also, I purchased the FMS-M-6880-A50       90 DEGREE OIL FILTER ADAPTOR.  This
requires a nipple adapter that goes into the block and then into the bolt of
the adapter.  In checking with Summit, they said it was 3/4" x16 on both
sides.  Apparently not, anyone know the correct nipple to purchase with part
number  aaa x size on the block side and 3/4 x 16 on the adapter side.
 
Thanks
Joel Martin
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

---

From: "Smit, Theo" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2013 19:43:36 +0000

Google is your friend...
F1AZ6890B

Apparently this part is about $8.66 at your local Ford parts counter.

Theo

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:tigers-
> [email-masked]] On Behalf Of Joel Martin
> Sent: April 17, 2013 1:07 PM
> To: Tiger List Serve
> Subject: [Tigers] Thermostat Housing and Right Angle oil filter adapter
>
> All
>
> Does anyone know a part number of correct thermostat housing?  Does it
> have just one nipple for a 66 MK 1A 289 motor?  I will be installing
> the heater core.
>
> requires a nipple adapter that goes into the block and then into the
> bolt of the adapter.  In checking with Summit, they said it was 3/4"
> x16 on both sides.  Apparently not, anyone know the correct nipple to
> purchase with part number  aaa x size on the block side and 3/4 x 16 on
> the adapter side.
>
> Thanks
> Joel Martin
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]
>
>

________________________________

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email and any attachments are for the sole use of
the intended recipient(s) and contain information that may be confidential
and/or legally privileged. If you have received this email in error, please
notify the sender by reply email and delete the message. Any disclosure,
copying, distribution or use of this communication (including attachments) by
someone other than the intended recipient is prohibited. Thank you.
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

---

From: " Ron Fraser" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2013 16:58:24 -0400

Joel
	Thermostat housing only has 1 nipple for any 260 or 289 engine.
C3OZ-8594-B original thermostat housing

Your chances of finding a good original part is low.  This part is carried
by Sunbeam Specialties and you will find it in most or all early Mustang
catalogs; probably other places too.

Ron Fraser

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
On Behalf Of Joel Martin
Sent: Wednesday, April 17, 2013 3:07 PM
To: Tiger List Serve
Subject: [Tigers] Thermostat Housing and Right Angle oil filter adapter

All

Also, I purchased the FMS-M-6880-A50       90 DEGREE OIL FILTER ADAPTOR.
This

Thanks
Joel Martin

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

-----
No virus found in this message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
Version: 2013.0.2904 / Virus Database: 3162/6250 - Release Date: 04/17/13
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

---

From: Joel Martin <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2013 07:35:02 -0700 (PDT)

Summit carries the nipple AAF-ALL92003 or Ford Number F1AZ6890B, thanks Theo,
for $6.59 which is ~1" on block side and 3/4" - 16 on oil adapter side.  I
bought the Ford adapter M-68801-A50 as suggested on Tiger United site for
$79.95.  Hope this nipple works.  I really wanted to use the remote oil filter
set up but hose's were a challenge and cost prohibitive.
 
Scott Drake parts from Summit carries the spark plug wire separators, thanks
Ron, B8Q-12297-A for $1.93 and B6A-12297-A for $3.93.
 
Scott Drake parts from Summit references a different part number for the
thermostat housing C50E-8592-A for $17.97 instead of the C30Z-8594-B, thanks
Ron, but appears close as the angle is not a 90 degree like Ford part number
M-8592-M-90 for $33.95 which is a 90 degree.
 
You guys are keeping me moving.  Clutch bled, waiting on booster to come back
from rebuild, Petronix distributor and coil to be installed, fuel and brake
lines run, - no fuel from refurbished tanks thru fuel pump though - always a
challenge.  With the SS headers, will need to change choke to electric or go
to manual as no heat tube connections with headers unless someone has a
different idea for a heat tube alternative?
 
Not sure where on the Autolite 4100 carburetor to connect the ported vacuum
from the distributor to the carb though - any Ideas?
 
Thanks
Joel Martin

--- On Wed, 4/17/13, Smit, Theo <[email-masked]> wrote:

From: Smit, Theo <[email-masked]>
Subject: RE: [Tigers] Thermostat Housing and Right Angle oil filter adapter
To: "Joel Martin" <[email-masked]>, "Tiger List Serve"
<[email-masked]>
Date: Wednesday, April 17, 2013, 3:43 PM

Google is your friend...
F1AZ6890B

Theo

[email-masked]

---

From: "Smit, Theo" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2013 14:49:43 +0000

A web search says that the 4100 only has a full-time (not ported) vacuum port
on the choke side at the base of the carb. The OEM fitment had a screw-in hard
line going to the distributor; you might have to fab a fitting (take a 1"
piece of brake line and use a thread die to put some appropriate threads on
it, then screw that in with some blue loctite) so you can use it with a rubber
line. One reference I found says the thread is 1/8" pipe, if that's the case
you can get a brass fitting that goes from 1/8" pipe to 1/8" or 5/32" barb at
any decent plumbing or car parts store.

Theo

From: Joel Martin [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: April 18, 2013 8:35 AM
To: Tiger List Serve; Smit, Theo; Ron Fraser
Subject: RE: [Tigers] Thermostat Housing and Right Angle oil filter adapter

Thanks
Joel Martin

--- On Wed, 4/17/13, Smit, Theo

Theo

> From:
[email-masked]<http://us.mc1647.mail.yahoo.com/mc/compose?to=t
[email-masked]> [mailto:tigers-
[email-masked]<http://us.mc1647.mail.yahoo.com/mc/compose?to=bounces@
autox.team.net>] On Behalf Of Joel Martin
> purchase with part number  aaa x size on the block side and 3/4 x 16 on
tox.team.net>

[email-masked]

---

From: " Ron Fraser" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2013 11:24:17 -0400

Joel

Thermostat housing

    The C5 part number is just the updated part number for that part.
I always note the Ford part number from the Rootes Parts List so you have
the base number to work from.
I don't have interchange or updated part number information available or I
would include that too.

Vacuum port

The 4100 4bbl uses the same parts as the 2100 2bbl.   It you have the 2bbl
parts available they should work with the 4bbl.

Ron Fraser

-----Original Message-----
From: Joel Martin [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Thursday, April 18, 2013 10:35 AM
To: Tiger List Serve; TheoSmit; Ron Fraser
Subject: RE: [Tigers] Thermostat Housing and Right Angle oil filter adapter

Summit carries the nipple AAF-ALL92003 or Ford Number F1AZ6890B, thanks
Theo, for $6.59 which is ~1" on block side and 3/4" - 16 on oil adapter
side.  I bought the Ford adapter M-68801-A50 as suggested on Tiger United
site for $79.95.  Hope this nipple works.  I really wanted to use the remote
oil filter set up but hose's were a challenge and cost prohibitive.

You guys are keeping me moving.  Clutch bled, waiting on booster to come
back from rebuild, Petronix distributor and coil to be installed, fuel and
brake lines run, - no fuel from refurbished tanks thru fuel pump though -
always a challenge.  With the SS headers, will need to change choke to
electric or go to manual as no heat tube connections with headers unless
someone has a different idea for a heat tube alternative?

Thanks
Joel Martin

Google is your friend...
F1AZ6890B

Theo

> From: [email-masked]
<http://us.mc1647.mail.yahoo.com/mc/compose?to=[email-masked]
>  [mailto:tigers-
> [email-masked]
<http://us.mc1647.mail.yahoo.com/mc/compose?to=[email-masked]> ] On
Behalf Of Joel Martin
> purchase with part number  aaa x size on the block side and 3/4 x 16 on
<http://us.mc1647.mail.yahoo.com/mc/compose?to=[email-masked]>

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email and any attachments are for the sole use
of the intended recipient(s) and contain information that may be
confidential and/or legally privileged. If you have received this email in
error, please notify the sender by reply email and delete the message. Any
disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this communication (including
attachments) by someone other than the intended recipient is prohibited.
Thank you.
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]