Subject: [Tigers] Carburator\Vacumn question

From: Joel Martin <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2013 06:26:22 -0700 (PDT)

I installed SS headers on a 66 MK 1A with 289 HiPo motor, very difficult but
done.  Now my questions are 2 fold.  Where does the carb gets it's vacuum from
- Autolite 4100?  
 
Appears I will need vacuum for the brake booster, carb and possibly Petronix
distributor, as I cannot find anyone who can get the parts for rebuilding the
dual point FoMoCo distributor (shaft and bushings).  The only vacuum I am
aware is at the rear of the engine, top on the drivers side.  Can this handle
vacuum for all three?
 
Also, options for auto choke heat tubes with headers, where this came from
exhaust manifold with stock manifolds?
 
Thanks as always
 
Joel Martin
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

---

From: " Ron Fraser" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2013 12:19:50 -0400

Joel
	The distributor bushing is B8QH-12120-A. A Google search indicates
they are still available.
The shaft depends on if it is an early style distributor, has oil port, or a
later style distributor.

The early style shaft - B8A-12175-A
I don't have a part number for the later style distributor shaft - C5 number
maybe.

The choke tube pipes went into the stock right exhaust manifold which has a
design feature to support those parts.
You could design and weld a similar feature to the headers.

I think most people go to an electric choke.  I have also seen a thermister
to put inline with the electric choke.
The thermister is a heat reactive, it will couple the choke opening with
engine heat.  I think Holley makes one but I would have to look for that
information.

Ron Fraser

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
On Behalf Of Joel Martin
Sent: Tuesday, April 09, 2013 9:26 AM
To: Tiger List Serve
Subject: [Tigers] Carburator\Vacumn question

I installed SS headers on a 66 MK 1A with 289 HiPo motor, very difficult but
done.  Now my questions are 2 fold.  Where does the carb gets it's vacuum
from
- Autolite 4100?

Appears I will need vacuum for the brake booster, carb and possibly Petronix
distributor, as I cannot find anyone who can get the parts for rebuilding
the dual point FoMoCo distributor (shaft and bushings).  The only vacuum I
am aware is at the rear of the engine, top on the drivers side.  Can this
handle vacuum for all three?

Thanks as always

Joel Martin

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

-----
No virus found in this message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
Version: 2013.0.2904 / Virus Database: 2641/6234 - Release Date: 04/09/13
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]