Subject: [Tigers] Today's Issue - voltage Regulator mounting, solenoid & fuse box

From: Joel Martin <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2013 11:31:39 -0700 (PDT)

All
 
1966 MK 1 A - looks like the voltage regulator mounts to a plate on the
drivers side fendor by the bulkhead.  Appears mine is missing this plate.- was
this plate welded or bolted on?  Can anyone provide the 'dimenstions',
thickness - might have to make one and paint it body color or did the MK 1A
regulator bolt elsewhere?
 
What is the correct regulator - 6100047 or C2AF-10505-A - the options I have
found are FoMoCo with CATF or FoMoCo with C2DF or Autolite C5AF blue with
yellow for generator equiped cars?
 
What is the correct Solenoid C4AF-11450-A or -B?? bakelite finish with FoMoCo
logo and 2710966 stamping or FoMoCo logo and brown finish or FoMoCo black logo
and 2701966.
 
What is the correct Fuse unit 54038033 with steel connectors or 54038068 with
cooper connectors?
 
Thanks
Joel Martin
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

---

From: " Ron Fraser" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2013 16:35:25 -0400

Joel

Voltage Regulator Plate - I'm not sure that this part continued through all
of the Mk I build.
You should see 3 threaded inserts where the VR mounts - the VR can be
mounted there with 3 bolts.
I have no plate on my Mk Ia.

Voltage regulator - Shop Manual lists C2AF-10505-A - black cover with blue
printing.
This VR is available at the Vintage Mustang or Falcon catalogs as a complete
assembly or just the cover if you have a good VR.

The C5AF-10316-A voltage regulator is for an alternator

Starter relay - it is very possible that several variants of the Ford
starter relay were used on the Tiger.
Here is some starter relay history.

1960 - into 1965 relays have a brown bakelite housing, fine thread battery
cable lugs, all nuts which bear against the housing have an attached lock
washer with a beige color sealer beneath, bottom cover without vent and a
mounting bracket marked "2701966" at the leading edge.

The bracket is stamped in FoMoCo script on all relays until about Jan 1965
when Ford changed to the black housing and FoMoCo block style lettering.
For a period of months around the changeover brown and black relays were
assembled with script or block letter logo brackets.

The black FoMoCo relay was used until late in the 1966 model year when it
was replaced by the first Autolite relay.

Ron Fraser

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
On Behalf Of Joel Martin
Sent: Monday, April 29, 2013 2:32 PM
To: Tiger List Serve
Subject: [Tigers] Today's Issue - voltage Regulator mounting,solenoid & fuse
box

All

1966 MK 1 A - looks like the voltage regulator mounts to a plate on the
drivers side fendor by the bulkhead.  Appears mine is missing this plate.-
was this plate welded or bolted on?  Can anyone provide the 'dimenstions',
thickness - might have to make one and paint it body color or did the MK 1A
regulator bolt elsewhere?

What is the correct Solenoid C4AF-11450-A or -B?? bakelite finish with
FoMoCo logo and 2710966 stamping or FoMoCo logo and brown finish or FoMoCo
black logo and 2701966.

What is the correct Fuse unit 54038033 with steel connectors or 54038068
with cooper connectors?

Thanks
Joel Martin

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

-----
No virus found in this message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
Version: 2013.0.2904 / Virus Database: 3162/6282 - Release Date: 04/29/13
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

---

From: "Will Seay" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2013 11:22:01 -0400

Joel,

There is no mounting plate for the regulator.  It mounts directly to the wall of
the fender well.  Parts manual shows the C2AF-10505-A number.

Number on the starter solenoid for my 1A is 2710966.

Can't find a part number on my original fuse box.  Connectors on the box are
tinned brass, probably the same as your P/N 54038033.  The tinned brass may look
like steel but isn't steel.

Hope this helps..

Will Seay 382001570
[email-masked]
"I think not therefore I am not" (anon)

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On
Behalf Of Joel Martin
Sent: Monday, April 29, 2013 2:32 PM
To: Tiger List Serve
Subject: [Tigers] Today's Issue - voltage Regulator mounting, solenoid & fuse
box

All
 
1966 MK 1 A - looks like the voltage regulator mounts to a plate on the drivers
side fendor by the bulkhead.  Appears mine is missing this plate.- was this
plate welded or bolted on?  Can anyone provide the 'dimenstions', thickness -
might have to make one and paint it body color or did the MK 1A regulator bolt
elsewhere?
 
What is the correct regulator - 6100047 or C2AF-10505-A - the options I have
found are FoMoCo with CATF or FoMoCo with C2DF or Autolite C5AF blue with yellow
for generator equiped cars?

 
Thanks
Joel Martin 

[email-masked]