Subject: [Tigers] Motor Mounts

From: Joel Martin <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2013 05:29:09 -0700 (PDT)

This is what I have learned from the motor mount discussion and the purchase
of 2 sets.
 
Federal Mogel Precision or Moog mounts are not consistent thickness of rubber
from side to side.   right was 1" thick and  left was 1.25" thick and the
motor did not sit evenly.
 
The supplemental CAT notes indicated the TRW part numbers to be 82220 left and
82221 right are no longer available that I could find.
 
The discussion of using the Anchor mounts , which can be sourced locally from
Advanced, are made in the USA and are part numbers 2220 left and 2221 right. 
Both were 1.25" thick from side to side.  Now the motor sits evenly.
 
It has also been recommended by 2 very knowledgeable list members that 5/16"
bolts, nuts and washers should be installed on 'either" side of the center
bolt on the mount as the rubber does not seem to hold up and will sage within
a short time.
 
Now that I have written this, is there some unwritten rule about listing
manufacture's and part numbers to protect our very few and dedicated sunbeam
suppliers - British Victoria excluded as I do not recall seeing this very
often?
 
I continue to learn 'daily' from your knowledge and appreciate the responses.
 
Regards
Joel Martin
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

---

From: " Ron Fraser" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2013 11:04:40 -0400

Joel
	There is no unwritten rule about part numbers.
You do need to realize that the Sunbeam Parts Vendors have spent years and
lots of money finding and maintaining the correct parts for Sunbeam Cars.
We need to support that effort.

	I do believe that we the customers need to record any new parts that
work on our cars.  The Vendors can pick up on that and order quantity of the
parts so we all can benefit.

I'm glad you listed the problems you found with the motor mounts.

	Tiger Tom and Rick spent a good deal of time convincing Robins that
the soft top they were manufacturing for the Sunbeam was cut wrong.   They
had to show Robins an original top so they could correct their pattern.

	I showed Tiger Tom a couple of items which I thought were good
matches for some Tiger parts that he did not have in his catalog.  Tiger Tom
followed up on those leads and soon listed them.   Tiger Tom and Rick worked
closely so when one of them had a new item, they both did.

Ron Fraser

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
On Behalf Of Joel Martin
Sent: Thursday, April 04, 2013 8:29 AM
To: Tiger List Serve
Subject: [Tigers] Motor Mounts

Federal Mogel Precision or Moog mounts are not consistent thickness of
rubber
from side to side.   right was 1" thick and  left was 1.25" thick and the
motor did not sit evenly.

The supplemental CAT notes indicated the TRW part numbers to be 82220 left
and 82221 right are no longer available that I could find.

The discussion of using the Anchor mounts , which can be sourced locally
from Advanced, are made in the USA and are part numbers 2220 left and 2221
right.
Both were 1.25" thick from side to side.  Now the motor sits evenly.

It has also been recommended by 2 very knowledgeable list members that 5/16"
bolts, nuts and washers should be installed on 'either" side of the center
bolt on the mount as the rubber does not seem to hold up and will sage
within a short time.

I continue to learn 'daily' from your knowledge and appreciate the
responses.

Regards
Joel Martin

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

-----
No virus found in this message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
Version: 2013.0.2904 / Virus Database: 2641/6224 - Release Date: 04/04/13
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]