Subject: [Tigers] Tiger Mark 2 fender badges

From: Tom Parker <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2013 14:07:25 -0500

Hello  All,

I'm finally getting around to installing the fender badges on my early Mark
2 and I've run into some confusion: My badges are labeled "SUNBEAM V8"
the lettering is in bright silver and the background is clear. From talking
to Richard and Rick at SS I understand what they have has a Black
background. My expert tells me all the badges had a black background. I
have no problem with that, but I kinda like the idea of the body color
showing through.

So, my question: Did Sunbeam produce clear background fender badges for the
Tiger? If so, are there any available?

I've looked carefully; there's no sign of the remains of any background
paint. The badges are clear except for the silver lettering.

Thanks for the help!

Tom Parker
'67 Tiger Mark2
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

---

From: " Ron Fraser" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2013 15:07:50 -0500

Tom
	I have never seen a Sunbeam badge that did not have a painted
background except some well used ones.

This is a very good question for Norm.  I think the answer will be painted.

Ron Fraser

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
On Behalf Of Tom Parker
Sent: Wednesday, February 06, 2013 2:07 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Tigers] Tiger Mark 2 fender badges

Hello  All,

I'm finally getting around to installing the fender badges on my early Mark
2 and I've run into some confusion: My badges are labeled "SUNBEAM V8" the
lettering is in bright silver and the background is clear. From talking to
Richard and Rick at SS I understand what they have has a Black background.
My expert tells me all the badges had a black background. I have no problem
with that, but I kinda like the idea of the body color showing through.

Thanks for the help!

Tom Parker
'67 Tiger Mark2

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

-----
No virus found in this message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
Version: 2013.0.2897 / Virus Database: 2639/6085 - Release Date: 02/06/13
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]