Subject: [Tigers] Tim,Mark II's, square vs round

From: "rande" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2013 10:04:49 -0500

Tim, all along, I thought we're dealing with a genuine Tiger owner, and now,
this... no Tiger (OK, temporarily).

Seriously, what ever help you need in the event that you can take over the Mark
II, all of us are willing to help. It would be grand to get another Mark II
on the road (can you finish it in time for Big Bear this summer?).

It's difficult to put a value on a disassembled Tiger. For a while, some of
us have been using the figure of $70K retail to have a restoration done, after
you already have purchased the car. If it's all there, and you plan to use your
own labor to assemble it, you can subtract that portion(find out what the local
labor rate would be, and estimate the hours you'd need to work on it). I think
Jim Sencindiver gave you some good tips for a check list of unique Mark II parts
and their cost, should they be missing, to look for. I would add all of the
oil cooler stuff(cooler, hoses, hose support, the correct valance cooler supports,
and the  type 6RA relay and separate 15 ohm resister mounted next to the stock
fuse box, that are part of the Tiger alternator setup. The relay is fairly common
Lucas, the resistor was unobtainium two years when when I checked last. I can
provide in-place photos of those last two things, if needed.

I would see if Bill Martin at Rootes Group Depot can guide you to a reasonable
value for a disassembled Mark II. I think they started a similar project several
months ago (ask about the green car). I haven't heard a selling price for the
red Mark II that Fantasy Junction sold in Emeryville, CA recently. The red Mark
II from Frazier Park, CA on eBay was set at $105,000 and did not meet reserve,
could have been withdrawn or sold for somewhat less. The last Mark II I got
a sale price for was, I think, 2006 for the blue Salt Lake City-San Luis Obispo-Milwaukee
car that the Wisconsin dealer paid $69K for.  All of these were finished cars,
the Emeryville one was a restoration, the other two were really fine condition
survivors.

As for square versus round, my 1A number 48 is square bonnet, exposed cowl seams,
square doors, and rounded boot lid.

Rande Bellman
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]