Subject: [Tigers] 1966 MK 1A Exhuast

From: Joel Martin <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2013 12:36:00 -0800 (PST)

Larry Paulicks High Performance Tiger Exhaust System write up shows Series 50
Delta Flowmaster mufflers.B  The 50 series changes from the aggressive (40
Series) to moderate sound in the 50 series, which indicates the elimination of
the bdrownb sound at highway speeds b good thing.
B 
I have 5 questions b what should be the inlet and outlet offsets be?B 
Offset inlet and center outlet.B  Other pictures I have are center inlet and
offset outlets.B  I will be using Sunbeam Specialities headers, cross over
pipe as the article states with 2b alumnized steel mufflers, clamps and
B pipes.
B 
My second question is what should the length of the pipe past the bumper as
measured from where? Rear valance? b6 B>b beyond the body lip of the rear
pan.b Sound right?
B 
My third question is what should the tips be made of to be as close to stock
as possible b stainless steel or alumnized pipe?B  Chrome dipped ends with a
less severe angle.B  From the last bracket to the end of the pipe?
B 
Does anyone have a template or deminisions of the exhaust tip banglesb?
B 
Lastly, in relation to the bumper, where should the tips be located exactly or
will the rear hangers pretty much determine?
B 
Thanks for all your information.
B 
Joel Martin
B 
B 
B 
B 
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

---

From: " Ron Fraser" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2013 16:27:32 -0500

Joel
	The exhaust tips on my Tiger extend to the rear metal edge of the
bumperette; not past the rubber part of the bumperette.

I believe Tiger Tom told me that the original exhaust system tips stuck out
further and could catch or cut your leg if sharp.   I don't have a picture
showing that but it is possible.   I prefer them not to catch my leg.

Ron Fraser

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
On Behalf Of Joel Martin
Sent: Tuesday, February 12, 2013 3:36 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Tigers] 1966 MK 1A Exhuast

Larry Paulicks High Performance Tiger Exhaust System write up shows Series
50 Delta Flowmaster mufflers.B  The 50 series changes from the aggressive
(40
Series) to moderate sound in the 50 series, which indicates the elimination
of the bdrownb sound at highway speeds b good thing. B
I have 5 questions b what should be the inlet and outlet offsets be?B
Offset inlet and center outlet.B  Other pictures I have are center inlet and
offset outlets.B  I will be using Sunbeam Specialities headers, cross over
pipe as the article states with 2b alumnized steel mufflers, clamps and B
pipes. B
My second question is what should the length of the pipe past the bumper as
measured from where? Rear valance? b6 B>b beyond the body lip of the rear
pan.b Sound right? B
My third question is what should the tips be made of to be as close to stock
as possible b stainless steel or alumnized pipe?B  Chrome dipped ends with
a less severe angle.B  From the last bracket to the end of the pipe? B
Does anyone have a template or deminisions of the exhaust tip banglesb? B
Lastly, in relation to the bumper, where should the tips be located exactly
or will the rear hangers pretty much determine? B
Thanks for all your information.
B
Joel Martin
B
B
B
B
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

-----
No virus found in this message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
Version: 2013.0.2897 / Virus Database: 2639/6099 - Release Date: 02/12/13
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2013 23:12:56 +0000 (UTC)

Joel, 

I have my original 1.5 inch exhaust tail pipes from my MarkIA sitting in a corner of the garage (where the wife cannot see them). The tips are chromed from the welded-on mounting strap back to the tip. 

The tips are cut at a 45 degree angle. 

The distance from the rear most side of the welded-on mounting strap it 7.5 inches to the bottom edge of the exhaust tip cut. The top distance appears to be 9 inches, which is what it should be with a 45 degree angle cut on a 1.5 inch pipe. 

The welded-on mounting strap is 1 inch wide and of course twisted 90 degrees to mate up to the body hanger. That would add about 1/2 inch to the lengths mentioned when measured from those points. Unfortunately, I cannot tell you if the isolation bobbins were attached in front of or after the body mounting flanges. That would of course shift the tip forward or rearward by the thickness of the bobbin when the pipe was mounted to the car. 

Hope some of that helps. 

Gene 

----- Original Message -----
From: "Joel Martin" <[email-masked]> 
To: [email-masked] 
Sent: Tuesday, February 12, 2013 2:36:00 PM 
Subject: [Tigers] 1966 MK 1A Exhuast 

[email-masked] 

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive 
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked] 
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]