Subject: Re: [Tigers] Tiger Mark 2 fender badges

From: "jim" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2013 14:22:24 -0800

Hi Tom

I have a pair of clear 'Sunbeam V8' badges that I got in an odd lot of
Sunbeam parts a few years ago..

They are obviously 'repro' but I have no idea by who. There's some casting
'flash' on the corners but that

will file off to fit

I have no use for them, so if you want them, they're yours!

I'm including a pic but the list won't see it... :(

Jim

B382000446

DSC_0372.JPG

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
On Behalf Of Ron Fraser
Sent: Wednesday, February 06, 2013 12:08 PM
To: 'Tom Parker'; [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Tiger Mark 2 fender badges

Tom

      I have never seen a Sunbeam badge that did not have a painted
background except some well used ones.

This is a very good question for Norm.  I think the answer will be painted.

Ron Fraser

-----Original Message-----

mailto:[email-masked]]

On Behalf Of Tom Parker

Sent: Wednesday, February 06, 2013 2:07 PM

Subject: [Tigers] Tiger Mark 2 fender badges

Hello  All,

I'm finally getting around to installing the fender badges on my early Mark

2 and I've run into some confusion: My badges are labeled "SUNBEAM V8" the
lettering is in bright silver and the background is clear. From talking to
Richard and Rick at SS I understand what they have has a Black background.

My expert tells me all the badges had a black background. I have no problem
with that, but I kinda like the idea of the body color showing through.

So, my question: Did Sunbeam produce clear background fender badges for the
Tiger? If so, are there any available?

I've looked carefully; there's no sign of the remains of any background
paint. The badges are clear except for the silver lettering.

Thanks for the help!

Tom Parker

'67 Tiger Mark2

_______________________________________________

Archive:  <http://www.team.net/archive> http://www.team.net/archive

Forums:  <http://www.team.net/forums> http://www.team.net/forums

Unsubscribe:

 <http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]>
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

 

-----

No virus found in this message.

Checked by AVG -  <http://www.avg.com> www.avg.com

Version: 2013.0.2897 / Virus Database: 2639/6085 - Release Date: 02/06/13
_______________________________________________

Archive:  <http://www.team.net/archive> http://www.team.net/archive

Forums:  <http://www.team.net/forums> http://www.team.net/forums

Unsubscribe:  <http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]>
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

-----

No virus found in this message.

Checked by AVG -  <http://www.avg.com> www.avg.com

Version: 2013.0.2897 / Virus Database: 2639/6078 - Release Date: 02/03/13

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of image003.jpg]
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

---

From: Larry Mayfield <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Feb 2013 15:43:40 -0800

[email-masked]