Subject: Re: [Tigers] 260 CID Cam

From: "Jim" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 2 Feb 2013 10:09:34 -0600

John,

My 260 was rebuilt with a Comp Cam designed for hydraulic lifters.  It turns
out with the passage of time and of course development, hydraulic lifters
now come with the ability to match performance to the cam for which they are
designed.  I have a moderate cam the specs I do not have with me, but I will
by tonight.  I have a 300+ MB video of the engine running the second time,
after cam break in), holy smokes it is impressive. Roller rocker studs have
been threaded into the heads and larger intake vales with fly cut pistons on
the intake sides. The engine came out pretty nice.

Jim McLaughlin

B382000175

Headers have been ceramic coated!  Note picture may not make it.

----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
On Behalf Of [email-masked]
Sent: Saturday, February 02, 2013 9:29 AM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [Tigers] 260 CID Cam

Art Bonsignore, owner of a 260 Tiger that has a Shelby American  camshaft 

that was installed in his Tiger in 1968. It was described as a High  

Performance solid lifter cam with 0.450" valve lift and 272 deg duration. He
wants 

to replace it with a slightly more aggressive hydraulic version. Do you  

have a suggestion I can pass on to him?

John Logan

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of image002.jpg]
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

---

From: Allan Ballard <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 2 Feb 2013 12:41:57 -0500

John,

Holman Moody offers a hydraulic lifter camshaft with a grind similar to the
289 HIPO grind, if that is aggressive enough.

See #C90Z-6250-C at http://www.holmanmoody.com/cams.html

Allan Ballard
Mk1a

wants
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]