Subject: Re: [Tigers] Correct battery sizing

From: "James Lindner" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2013 12:51:08 -0500

Ron

Thanks for the clarification. I had just ordered a G27 battery when you 
posted your first measurements. Since my car is not readily available for me 
to check myself, I was in a bit of a panic. Between your updated 
measurements and some info from Paul, I am now eagerly awaiting the arrival 
of my new battery.

Thanks, Jim

-----Original Message----- 
From:  Ron Fraser
Sent: Friday, February 15, 2013 11:58 AM
To: 'Tiger Man' ; [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Correct battery sizing

It did not make sense to me that the original Group 27 battery was
larger than the battery tray so I measured the tray again to check.  I was a
little off.

Battery tray - 6 7/8" x 12 3/16" That's a better fit for the Group 27
battery.

Ron Fraser

-----Original Message-----
From: Ron Fraser [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Thursday, February 14, 2013 4:27 PM
To: 'Tiger Man'; [email-masked]'
Subject: RE: [Tigers] Correct battery sizing

Steve
I have an Interstate MT-34 battery in my Tiger.

Seems to me there was also an optional battery listed that was a little
longer.  You would have to look to see if that optional battery is still
available.

MT-34 case is 6 3/4"W x 10 1/4"L x 7"H
Tiger battery plastic tray is 6 15/16"W x 11 3/16"L

Ron Fraser

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
On Behalf Of Tiger Man
Sent: Thursday, February 14, 2013 3:59 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Tigers] Correct battery sizing

Was looking to pick up a new battery for the tiger.  Current battery that is
in it is an Interstate 24-50.  I thought I remember that group 24 was the
original size, but I can't remember what reference I found that in.

Poking around, it looks like group 24 is available, it isn't very common
anymore except in marine batteries.

Looking at the optima site, they pulled up a size 34 battery for the Sunbeam
tiger.

Since I'm not really worried about concourse, Is group 34 that what other
people are running as a practical matter?  Or is there another size that
makes more sense?

Thanks,
Steve
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

-----
No virus found in this message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
Version: 2013.0.2899 / Virus Database: 2639/6103 - Release Date: 02/14/13
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

---

From: "Thomas Witt" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2013 11:26:35 -0800

The Group 27 battery was likely a non-disclosed "traction aid" for the 
Tiger.

  For what its worth I ran a group 24 and even for a time I think a group 22 
battery, trunk mounted, in my 260, 1964 Falcon during in my teen years.  My 
stepfather sold electrical distribution equipment. I don't recall the exact 
gauge, but I used aluminum wire he provided.  So, between the Group 22 
battery, aluminum wire and the trunk to starter distance I didn't have a 
whole lot going for me.  Regardless, it never seemed to be an issue.

Tom

----- Original Message ----- 
From: " Ron Fraser" <[email-masked]>
To: "'Tiger Man'" <[email-masked]>; <[email-masked]>
Sent: Friday, February 15, 2013 8:58 AM
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Correct battery sizing

[email-masked]