Subject: [Tigers] TACing a car with no VIN plate

From: "rande" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2013 19:38:48 -0500

Bob,
The short answer is yes, if there's enough evidence on the car that it was originally
built as a Tiger by Rootes / Jensen.

When you get to the point where you're ready for an inspection, bring whatever
you have in the way of title,registration, restoration photos, something, if
possible, to establish the original serial number of the Tiger, because there
are spaces on the TAC certificate for serial number,Model(Mark I,IA,II) Original
color code,License plate number, JAL No.,Engine No., Current color, original
rivets(yes or no)(please, no letters).

While I think of it, did the idiot painter completely blow off the plate, or
did they only just blast off the black printing and the plate is otherwise still
there?

I don't know if you said that you have this car, or if you're just considering
buying it.

In any case, contact the TAC team nearest you to find out what would help them
to inspect and hopefully certify this car

Rande Bellman
TAC Inspector #61
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]