Subject: Re: [Tigers] Tiger engine mounts

From: "Teepen, Jere" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2013 22:55:06 -0500

Energy Suspension sells polyurethane motor mounts.  They have pictures on
their web site and it looks like they have made the mounts in a way that would
make it unlikely to have the mount separate and break.  I have zero experience
with polyurethane engine mounts and therefore no clue as to how these would
affect feedback through the mount to the chassis, etc.  They sell on their
website for $139.00+.  Any takers?

Sorry for the duplicate Ron, I did not "reply all".

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On
Behalf Of Ron Fraser
Sent: Sunday, February 24, 2013 7:39 PM
To: 'A. C. Tynes'; [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Tiger engine mounts

A.C.
	Are those Tiger owners who have used the Steele products?

What we need is good feedback on current parts that will work correctly for
Tiger application.

Ron Fraser

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
On Behalf Of A. C. Tynes
Sent: Sunday, February 24, 2013 10:03 PM
To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Tiger engine mounts

I figure that anyone who would name their company Steele Rubber Products must
have confidence in their products as well as a sense of humor.

Actually, I have never used their products, but I know several people who have
and they have had nothing but good things to say about them. I think it would
be worth the risk of $50.

HTH,
A. C. Tynes
New Orleans

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
On Behalf Of [email-masked]
Sent: Sunday, February 24, 2013 4:21 PM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Tiger engine mounts

Does anybody have experience with Steele products engine mounts? I cross
referenced Ron's Ford part nums with Steele's catalog and came up with
20-0088-11 Rt and 20-0089-11 Left. $24.50 ea and made in USA.

----- Original Message -----
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Sent: Friday, February 22, 2013 5:11:49 PM
Subject: [Tigers] Tiger engine mounts

Does anybody know of a source for O.E.M. engine mounts? According to Dale
Akuszewski and Sunbeam Specialties, there is nothing available today that
works. Apparently the current after market mounts sag on Mustangs but the
tolerances aren't as tight as on our Tigers.
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

---

From: "Thomas Witt" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2013 20:08:35 -0800

Not much to worry about if a Tiger motor mount lets go... .  There is no 
room for the engine to go anywhere.  :-)

While work arounds, there are various alternative restraint systems. Some I 
have seen are cable. Others, depending on the mount, have an auxiliary bolt 
going through both halves while still retaining some degree of play and 
vibration isolation.

Tom 

[email-masked]