Subject: [Tigers] Door Fixed Glass Extraction?

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2013 18:07:04 -0500

Here's how I extracted the glass from my frame.  Just be CAREFUL so as not
to damage the framework.

After removing the bottom section, GENTLY pry the framework away from the
glass by inserting a wedge ( used a screwdriver with the widest flat blade
to fit comfortably into the channel) between the edge of the glass and the
bottom part of the "U" channel.  I inserted my wedge into the long section
of framework and gently tap with a soft mallet.  The framework will spread
some when the glass edge is wedged out of the channel.  When the glass
starts to break loose either try to wiggle the glass out of the smaller
channel or repeat the wedge process on the short side.  You'll get to a
point where the glass will start to wiggle.  Gently keep wiggling to loosen
the glass from the top channel.  Use a lubricant in the channels as you go
along - either petroleum based or a heavy dish soap solution.  The problem I
had was that one of the mini flat head screws sheared and I'll have to drill
it out for a new screw.
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]