Subject: Re: [Tigers] Clutch activation

From: "Smit, Theo" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2013 00:18:43 +0000

An easy test for a dragging clutch is to stop the car with the engine running,
depress the clutch and select first; then select reverse. If you can do that
without grinding-gear noises, take it out of reverse, leave it in neutral for
a few seconds, and then try to re-select reverse. There should be negligible
engagement noise. If there is lots of noise and/or it's not possible to select
reverse (or, once you do, the car really 'wants' to go backwards) then the
clutch is dragging. It could be, aside from the hydraulic or throwout
lever/bearing issues already mentioned, that the clutch disc is damaged or
warped.

Theo

________________________________

This e-mail and any attachments may contain confidential material for the sole
use of the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, please
be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this e-mail or
any attachment is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error,
please contact the sender and delete all copies.

Thank you for your cooperation.
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

---

From: Owain Lloyd <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 3 Feb 2013 20:48:09 -0500

surprised nobody has mentioned the pilot bushing.

my jag engine was similar when i first put it together but fixed itself
after about 100 miles of driving over the course of a week.   i put it down
to a sticky pilot bushing as i'd forgotten to grease it up.   it was fine
once moving but engaging reverse or first from stationary (particularly
reverse) would be difficult and sometime grind.

of course I may be wrong, but the fact that it fixed itself might give you
course for hope :)

On Sun, Feb 3, 2013 at 7:18 PM, Smit, Theo <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

[email-masked]