Subject: [Tigers] Valve Train

From: Karl Adey <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2013 16:36:09 -0500 FILETIME=[D17441F0:01CDFF31]

I installed a high output oil pump in my stock 260 when having the engine
rebuilt.  Now I'm having second (and potentially expensive/delaying)
thoughts.
So the 260 is very nearly stock, except for the oil pump, hardened valve
seats, valves, springs, hydraulic lifters, roller rockers and pushrods.  All
are mid performance items from reputable/ Made in USA companies.  Stock block,
heads, oil pan, cam, crank etc.The instructions for my roller rockers (COMP
Cams) says that if I put in a high pressure oil pump I need a "set of valve
train oil deflectors to put over the rocker arms, ensuring that the oil does
not shoot over the top of the rockers."  To avoid galling of push rods, rod
seats, pivot ball and rocker.Looked up valve train oil deflectors and have
only found for "Chevy and Ford 302" from Moroso.  Not only is that not my
application, the listing says that extra clearance may be needed at the valve
cover and I REALLY wanted to use original 'chrome' valve covers.  Not to
mention, the pictures of the deflectors look as though they are nearly the
same distance from the rockers as the valve covers would be...I also read
somewhere some other, maybe related, negative comments about high
volume/pressure oil pumps.  At this point I'm almost tempted to change it out,
but would really prefer not to.   It is my understanding that the oil pump rod
uses gravity to stay in place.  Is it possible to replace the unit from
bellow?  Without removing timing cover/ bell housing?I appreciate any insight
offered.KarlMK1
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]