Subject: [Tigers] Tiger's on Ebay

From: Carlo Bernardino <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2013 22:16:46 -0800

Speaking of tigers on eBay, as you know I listed my Tiger last week. Bidding ended on Monday with a final price of 36,000. I am very happy with the end result and it surely will help everyone in the club with their car value. Two important learning points about selling my car, all mods should be reversible (bolt on) and stock parts should be part of the deal. The other is the importance of the TAC. I received multiple calls on these two issues and I think that is why the car did so well. Of course when I am in a market again for a tiger, things may be even more pricey. Oh well. 

As for a replacement, I was looking for a sports car that was rare, could seat two adults and two child seats (blasphemy) and was as much fun as the tiger. I first looked at some cheaper ferraris like the 308gt4 and the 400i, then the Mondial, and finally the Porsche 928gts. All could not properly accommodate two kids seats. Then I saw the car I purchased on eBay. 2008 Audi RS4 Cabriolet. Great car. Twice the space and horsepower of the tiger. (Of course twice the weight). But one of three hundred imported to the US. and like the tiger it comes with a 4.2 liter v8. 

Anyway I'll still follow you guys and come to some track events to live vicariously through you!

Rob

Formerly - 1966 Mk1A Tiger
B382000262 LRXFE
JAL660245
Color Code 39: Carnival Red
TAC# 0519
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2013 04:22:03 -0800 (PST)

I went the crossfire srt6 route. two of them for less than  the cost  of the
audi. And they are AMG powered.    .  They are cutting edge. But,  no room for
child seat.     gary moore b947 2283 tac 311.    

--- On Thu, 1/17/13, Carlo Bernardino <[email-masked]> wrote:

From: Carlo Bernardino <[email-masked]>
Subject: [Tigers] Tiger's on Ebay
To: "Bob Dixon" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thursday, January 17, 2013, 6:16 AM

Speaking of tigers on eBay, as you know I listed my Tiger last week. Bidding
ended on Monday with a final price of 36,000. I am very happy with the end
result and it surely will help everyone in the club with their car value. Two
important learning points about selling my car, all mods should be reversible
(bolt on) and stock parts should be part of the deal. The other is the
importance of the TAC. I received multiple calls on these two issues and I
think that is why the car did so well. Of course when I am in a market again
for a tiger, things may be even more pricey. Oh well.

As for a replacement, I was looking for a sports car that was rare, could seat
two adults and two child seats (blasphemy) and was as much fun as the tiger. I
first looked at some cheaper ferraris like the 308gt4 and the 400i, then the
Mondial, and finally the Porsche 928gts. All could not properly accommodate
two kids seats. Then I saw the car I purchased on eBay. 2008 Audi RS4
Cabriolet. Great car. Twice the space and horsepower of the tiger. (Of course
twice the weight). But one of three hundred imported to the US. and like the
tiger it comes with a 4.2 liter v8.

Anyway I'll still follow you guys and come to some track events to live
vicariously through you!

Rob

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

---

From: Carlo Bernardino <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2013 08:15:35 -0800

Depends how much you pay for the Audi;). 29,500 for an 08 RS4 Cab. Granted new it was over 80,000. And it's one of 300 in the US. That's Tiger Mk II rare and then some.
Rob

Carlo Rob Bernardino, MD FACS
Oculoplastics and Aesthetic Surgery
Vantage Eye Center
Monterey, CA

Sent from my eyePad Mini

On Jan 17, 2013, at 4:22 AM, [email-masked] wrote:

> 
> I went the crossfire srt6 route. two of them for less than  the cost  of the audi. And they are AMG powered.    .  They are cutting edge. But,  no room for child seat.     gary moore b947 2283 tac 311.     
> 
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

[email-masked]