Subject: [Tigers] Off-topic - Batmobile

From: "rande" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2013 13:24:20 -0500

Yes, it used to bother me, too, that American manufacturers and their Canadian
affiliates were destroying their history by scrapping their prototypes. But,
as we read more about the public's increased willingness to bring suit, it makes
a little more sense that manufactures don't want to be unnecessarily liable.

And, as I said before, some show cars are not practical. I worked for the local
auto museum about 22 years ago when ILZRO (the Lead and Zinc Research Organization)
donated a Lamborghini Miura that they had modified to show off lead and zinc
uses for cars. The car was originally a Lamborghini Miura Spider one-off show
car, so it was unusually low, too much so for running over almost anything in
the road or using any standard curb cut, and it had neither a top or side door
glass. Most show cars are even less practical.
Thank heaven for guys like Joe Bortz, who have the resources and will to save
many discarded prototypes and show cars.

I went to school in the Valley, and had been by the Barris showroom several
times. You'll notice that he now owns the Monkeemobile. When I commuted to Hollywood
for work, I passed the Dean Jeffries shop each trip(you could see it from the
Hollywood Freeway). He's responsible for building the Monkeymobile, his shop
was about ten minutes from Barris, and the Monkeymobile was parked outside for
maybe three or four years. Go to Wikipedia.org for MM info. Dean Jeffries shop
was also close to Ken Miles shop (what a slim Tiger connection that is).

As an aside, John Logan recalls only seeing the white Lincoln Futura show car.
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2013 10:49:53 -0800 (PST)

I have 4   show cars . Chrysler Crossfires  . It went from prototype to
production in one year. Fantastic car. Beautiful,  Very fast and handles like
a Norton.  gary moore b9472283. 
--- On Sat, 1/19/13, rande <[email-masked]> wrote:

From: rande <[email-masked]>
Subject: [Tigers] Off-topic - Batmobile
To: "Dave Munroe" <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Saturday, January 19, 2013, 6:24 PM

Yes, it used to bother me, too, that American manufacturers and their
Canadian
affiliates were destroying their history by scrapping their prototypes. But,
as we read more about the public's increased willingness to bring suit, it
makes
a little more sense that manufactures don't want to be unnecessarily liable.

And, as I said before, some show cars are not practical. I worked for the
local
auto museum about 22 years ago when ILZRO (the Lead and Zinc Research
Organization)
donated a Lamborghini Miura that they had modified to show off lead and zinc
uses for cars. The car was originally a Lamborghini Miura Spider one-off show
car, so it was unusually low, too much so for running over almost anything in
the road or using any standard curb cut, and it had neither a top or side
door
glass. Most show cars are even less practical.
Thank heaven for guys like Joe Bortz, who have the resources and will to save
many discarded prototypes and show cars.

I went to school in the Valley, and had been by the Barris showroom several
times. You'll notice that he now owns the Monkeemobile. When I commuted to
Hollywood
for work, I passed the Dean Jeffries shop each trip(you could see it from the
Hollywood Freeway). He's responsible for building the Monkeymobile, his shop
was about ten minutes from Barris, and the Monkeymobile was parked outside
for
maybe three or four years. Go to Wikipedia.org for MM info. Dean Jeffries
shop
was also close to Ken Miles shop (what a slim Tiger connection that is).

As an aside, John Logan recalls only seeing the white Lincoln Futura show
car.
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]