Subject: Re: [Tigers] Trunk Hinge Spring

From: Jay Laifman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2013 08:35:11 -0800

I wasn't sure what you meant.  So I went onto ebay to see the listing.  Now
I see what you mean.  I had never seen an Alpine trunk spring like that,
with the one perpendicular loop.  I'm assuming those were from the Series 1
and 2 cars.  I have owned a S3, SIV and V.  And none of those had that
extra loop.

Meanwhile, I have to point out this gem:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/SUNBEAM-ALPINE-IV-ORIGINAL-TRUNK-SPRINGS-COVERS-/280070390666?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item41357f038a&vxp=mtr

The guys says "*THERE WERE ONLY 12,406 CARS MADE IN THE WORLD. I HAVE SET
THE PRICES HIGH TO ALLOW PROSPECTIVE BUYERS IN OTHER COUNTRIES A CHANCE TO
BUY THE PARTS FROM THIS RARE CAR AS WELL.***"

What amazing logic!!!!!!  ?????????????????????????????????????????????

On Wed, Jan 30, 2013 at 7:51 AM, Karl Adey <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Somewhere in the blast/painting processes one of my trunk hinge springs was
> misplaced.  The ~12" long spring that holds the trunk open (?).   There are
> several Alpine(?) springs on ebay, with a coil sticking out to the side.
>  The
> one I'm looking for is more streamlined, with all coils parallel.  Anyone
> have
> a line on one, or an extra they'd be willing to part with?
> Karl AdeyMk 1
> _______________________________________________
>
> [email-masked]
>
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

---

From: "Thomas Witt" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2013 14:23:56 -0800

Karl,
  Sorry to say I don't have a spring for you.  But..., if I did, I'd 
outright just give it to you because,

 ' I would set the price so low that only one person from one country would 
ever have a chance to get it.'

 I just couldn't resist applying the counter logic.

Tom

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Jay Laifman" <[email-masked]>
To: "Karl Adey" <[email-masked]>
Cc: "The LIST Post" <[email-masked]>
Sent: Wednesday, January 30, 2013 8:35 AM
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Trunk Hinge Spring

> -----
> No virus found in this message.
> Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
> Version: 2013.0.2890 / Virus Database: 2639/6067 - Release Date: 01/29/13

[email-masked]

---

From: "Ross Hulse" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2013 17:29:08 -0800

Yes, this guy says he is HI IQ in NY.  I don't think so.  All his stuff is
stupid high.

Commodore Blues

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
On Behalf Of Jay Laifman
Sent: Wednesday, January 30, 2013 8:35 AM
To: Karl Adey
Cc: The LIST Post
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Trunk Hinge Spring

I wasn't sure what you meant.  So I went onto ebay to see the listing.  Now
I see what you mean.  I had never seen an Alpine trunk spring like that,
with the one perpendicular loop.  I'm assuming those were from the Series 1
and 2 cars.  I have owned a S3, SIV and V.  And none of those had that extra
loop.

Meanwhile, I have to point out this gem:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/SUNBEAM-ALPINE-IV-ORIGINAL-TRUNK-SPRINGS-COVERS-/280
070390666?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item41357f038a&vxp=mtr

On Wed, Jan 30, 2013 at 7:51 AM, Karl Adey <[email-masked]> wrote:

> one I'm looking for is more streamlined, with all coils parallel.  
> Anyone have a line on one, or an extra they'd be willing to part with?
> Karl AdeyMk 1

[email-masked]

---

From: Jeffery Randall <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2013 22:14:27 -0500

I've got an extra spring lying around send me an email and I'll get it to
you.
    Jeff

On Wed, Jan 30, 2013 at 8:29 PM, Ross Hulse <[email-masked]>wrote:

> extra
> 070390666?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item41357f038a&vxp=mtr<http://www.ebay.com/itm/SUNBEAM-ALPINE-IV-ORIGINAL-TRUNK-SPRINGS-COVERS-/280070390666?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item41357f038a&vxp=mtr>
>
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

[email-masked]