Subject: [Tigers] FYI Transmission Availability

From: Tom Hall <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2012 17:55:18 -0700

While ordering a new Ford Racing spec T5 transmission for my last Tiger 
5 speed customer, I made some important discoveries you may want to know 
about. First, Tremec has raised their T5 prices considerably (about 
$350, effective early February) and they have let the supply chain go 
essentially dry. This means that very few are in stock at the normal 
distributors. Second, they are apparently moving their production 
operation from Mexico to India. I dont know if this is necessarily a 
good thing quality wise, and I suspect delays and back orders are going 
to be much more commonplace.

I purchased and received six of the existing T5's from the Mexican 
production. So if youve been considering moving up to one of my T5 five 
speed Tiger transmission kits, now is the time to send me a deposit to 
claim one of these six. I dont know when I will be able to get any more 
of these transmissions and the quality will be an unknown. Yes I do have 
to charge more for these as I had to pay a premium to get these six.

-- 
Tom Hall
ModTiger Engineering LLC
www.tigerengineering.net
[email-masked]
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]