Subject: [Tigers] to fill or not to fill

From: Tom Pappenhagen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2012 18:21:42 -0400 (EDT)

With the car at the shop for painting, I need to decide whether to fill the
vertical seams at the front and back of the sills (rockers). I've seen
pictures both ways, which suggest they shouldn't be filled, is this correct?
I've already know that the body will not be completely stock, but I kind of
like them unfilled. TIA.

Tom
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

---

From: michael king <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2012 08:36:42 +1000

The MKI Tigers with round corner doors and bonnet have the seams on
the front and rear scuttle filled and the rear seam on the sill
filled. The front sill joint at the leading edge of the door is not
filled.

On the MKIA and MKII the front scuttle is not filled and neither are
the sill joints, the rear scuttle is still filled.

As for is you should.. well all SI-3 Alpines had all the joints
filled, i think they stopped filling joints on the square cornered
cars as the lines align to the panels, where as on the round corner
cars they would look odd.. some say cost cutting, i think it also has
to do with the change in panel edge...

either way.. do it correct if you want.. or as you like if you feel like it!

-- 
Regards

Michael King

[email-masked]

---

From: " Ron Fraser" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2012 18:39:37 -0400

Tom
	Generally Tigers with round cornered doors have the seam filled,
Tigers with square cornered doors are unfilled.

Above all, it's your Tiger do it the way that makes you happy.

Ron Fraser

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
On Behalf Of Tom Pappenhagen
Sent: Sunday, April 29, 2012 6:22 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Tigers] to fill or not to fill

Tom

[email-masked]

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
Unsubscribe:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

-----
No virus found in this message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
Version: 2012.0.1913 / Virus Database: 2411/4966 - Release Date: 04/29/12
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]