Subject: [Tigers] Mk II wiring help - more

From: "rande" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2012 18:08:27 -0400

To coroborate(sp) what Stu said, my original Lucas ammeter for my IA is a -+
30 amp. The Jaeger ammeter for Alternator-equipped cars from C.A.T. is a -+
50 amp.

I wonder if the simplest course isn't to just follow the Shop Notes / United
instructions for switching over a Mark I / IA to an alternator, concentrating
only on what is involved once the alternator is in place. And I don't want to
'throw a Spaniard into the works', but should we factor in or rule out whether
to consider the alternator light simulator resistor that's unique to the Mark
II when Ron is finishing the repair?
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

---

From: "Smit, Theo" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2012 17:14:57 -0500

Hi Rande,
So long as Ron puts the ammeter into the circuit in the right place, the
alternator light won't factor in... if you were to do the wiring as noted in
the Mk1A diagram, where the fused but unswitched circuits are on the opposite
side of the ammeter from the rest of the alternator and 12V 'hot' stuff, you
may see some odd behavior, especially if the ammeter connections were at all
dirty.

Theo

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:tigers-
> [email-masked]] On Behalf Of rande
> Sent: April 27, 2012 4:08 PM
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: [Tigers] Mk II wiring help - more
>
> Unsubscribe:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]
>
>

This e-mail and any attachments may contain confidential material for the sole
use of the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, please
be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this e-mail or
any attachment is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error,
please contact the sender and delete all copies.

Thank you for your cooperation.
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

---

From: Tony Somebody <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2012 16:02:19 -0700 (PDT)

It is great to have Theo and others too but Theo does have a lot of knowledge about several subjects and it is nice to have him and others of his caliber in our group. Electricity(ac or dc) is unforgiving and hooked up wrong- well it just travels fast- 60 cycles on ac and directly to the ground thru the clock for example and if I accidently put the wires on wrong, Lucas smoke appears so fast you might use profane language even if you serve the Lord daily. I suppose my point is that we are a lucky bunch to have so many intelligent Tiger owners amongest our group. My donation for the day.
Tony Lang (TtT)
I dont remember my VIN or my TAC numbers but just for the record and once only, I do own both. 
--- On Fri, 4/27/12, Smit, Theo <[email-masked]> wrote:

From: Smit, Theo <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Mk II wiring help - more
To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>, "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Friday, April 27, 2012, 5:14 PM

Hi Rande,

Theo

[email-masked]

Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

[email-masked]

---

From: " Ron Fraser" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2012 08:30:30 -0400

I'm not concerned about my Mk IA alternator conversion; it works
just fine and so does the ignition light.

My concern is that I'm working on a Mk II that has what I believe is a poor
installation of an ammeter.

I would like to confirm with a Mk II owner that has an amp gauge:

1 - how is the amp gauge wire harness loomed in the car.

2 - how is the amp gauge wire harness spliced into the Mk II charging
system.

Ron Fraser

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
On Behalf Of rande
Sent: Friday, April 27, 2012 6:08 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Tigers] Mk II wiring help - more

I wonder if the simplest course isn't to just follow the Shop Notes / United
instructions for switching over a Mark I / IA to an alternator,
concentrating only on what is involved once the alternator is in place. And
I don't want to 'throw a Spaniard into the works', but should we factor in
or rule out whether to consider the alternator light simulator resistor
that's unique to the Mark II when Ron is finishing the repair?
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

[email-masked]