Subject: [Spridgets] Tags

From: David Doiron via Spridgets <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Sep 2021 12:08:10 -0700 (MST)

Weslake1330 wrote:
So the tag is what I'd call the number plate
Kent McLean wrote:
Correct. Also called a license plate.

I respectfully disagree. 
Kent is revealing his Eastern bias...Tag is a misused term. 
Tags were the stickers, separate from the plates. 

So now that the definition of Tags has become corrupted, fewer 
people use the term anymore. 

I understand that language is a living thing but it is not 
useful when words get re-defined by misuse. Bad now means good,
sick means exceptional, graffiti is now tagging instead of 
vandalism, etc, etc. 

YMMV
W David Doiron
------------------------

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/spridgets  http://autox.team.net/archive