Subject: [Spits] 35 Years!

From: Mark Bradakis <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 11 Apr 2026 16:36:55 -0600

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------5loK2ddeFNcRlYk0TJO7Tf0v
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Nearly half my life!  Team dot Net went on the air 35 years ago today, 
April 11th, 1991.  Been through a lot of ups and downs over the years, 
many different computers, different ISPs, but almost always there.  I 
won't go into the times that ISP problems shut it down for days, or even 
weeks at a time.

But it is still here, still on the air, still serving the purpose I have 
always upheld, connecting like minded users to mostly car stuff.  And 
always for free.  I do remember back in the beginning it was pretty 
expensive to run.  Fast, at home internet was not widely available.  And 
the first server, one of the earliest PCs in the valley to run at over 
100 Mhz ( Yes, MEGA Hertz! ) cost me $2,500 dollars.  Luckily paid for 
by generous contributions from list members.

Time marches on, and so does Team Net.  I'll keep it going as long as I 
can, health permitting.  Who knows, maybe I'll be sending out a 50th 
birthday notice!

mjb.

--------------5loK2ddeFNcRlYk0TJO7Tf0v
Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="20260411_084752.jpg"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

--------------5loK2ddeFNcRlYk0TJO7Tf0v
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

--------------5loK2ddeFNcRlYk0TJO7Tf0v--