Subject: Re: [Spits] [TR] Shining Silver

From: "Alex&Janet Thomson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 9 Apr 2016 05:43:11 -0400

Mark - That's a milestone. So much information has passed through the wires
over the five years that I have subscribed. I think of how my specific
questions have been answered within hours of posting. Through the years,
some of the information has been entertaining, most of it has been useful,
and all of it has been interesting. And, I just don't recall any nasty
encounters between folks - always friendly. Thanks for your leadership.

Alex Thomson

-----Original Message-----
From: Triumphs [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Mark J
Bradakis
Sent: Friday, April 08, 2016 4:14 PM
To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: [TR] Shining Silver

A few years back Karen and I celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary, our
Silver Anniversary as they call it.

And coming up in just a few days on April 11th is Team.Net's Silver
Anniversary.  Yes, on April 11, 1991 the domain was registered and went on
the air.  In truth, it existed before that in the form of two mailing lists,
british-cars and autox which were outgrowths of rec.autos Usenet groups.
Murky history there.

But Team.Net as we know it today has been around for a quarter of a century.
Of the 60 some lists on the server, most are inactive. I may take some time
this summer to clean up and remove any lists that have not seen any posts
for N months, the value of N to be determined.  Some lists, though, are
still going strong, soldiering on from the days when Team.Net lists and
website were at the leading edge, the only game in town.  It was estimated
that at the 1997 SCCA Solo II Nationals, their Silver Anniversary, roughly
2/3 of the 1,000+ participants were on the autox list.  If you check out
http://autox.team.net you will find many pages last updated about 24.99
years ago, though, hardly leading edge now.  One of these days ...

Who could have foreseen how a simple stream of 1s and 0s could be such a
part of the lives of so many people, the catalyst for enduring friendships,
a formidable source of knowledge and inspiration?  How many cars are on the
road these days instead of the scrap heap because of us and our efforts over
decades?

Happy Birthday to us. and carry on!

mjb.

ps:  I am sending this out a few days early because on Monday I will be on
the road somewhere between Phoenix and Salt Lake City.  I'll look into the
multi-hour delay in posting when I return.

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: "Daniel Parrott" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 9 Apr 2016 14:22:38 -0400

Congratulations  and thank you for all that you do!

Dan Parrott
Savannah, Georgia
1980 Triumph Spitfire "PJ", AKA "Rat"
1973/1978 Spit Six "Joseph"
1957 Chevy Belair "Mayflower"

-----Original Message-----
From: Spitfires [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Mark
J Bradakis
Sent: Friday, April 08, 2016 4:14 PM
To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: [Spits] Shining Silver

mjb.

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spitfires/[email-masked]

[email-masked]