Subject: Re: [Spits] Driveshaft removal question, and carb heatshield

From: Doug Braun <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 11 Apr 2015 21:12:22 -0400

MAYBE you can unbolt the front flange from below.  I just looked under my
O/D car.  Access to the flange is not blocked by the transmission mount
like on a non-O/D car, but the gap between the two frame members is pretty
small, just enough room to stick a couple of wrenches up there.

The U-joint (or splines or straps) go to the rear.

Are you sure you need to paint your car?  It looks pretty good in the photo.
I repainted my '72 a year or two ago, and it took much longer than I
expected.
See my blog and photos of the process here:

  http://dougbraun.com/blog/sptifire/

Here in NJ, the salt has finally been washed form the roads, so it is safe
to take my Spit out...

Doug

On Sat, Apr 11, 2015 at 5:42 PM, Kevin Rhodes <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Since it
> has been about 15 years since I have had the driveshaft out of the car,
> could someone remind me as to whether the bolts on the transmission end are
> accessible from underneath the car? I am vaguely remembering that they are
> not, which means some interior disassembly is required. Also, which  way
> around is the new driveshaft supposed to go, or does it not matter? This is
> assuming the flanges are the same on both ends, of course.
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: "Kevin Rhodes" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 12 Apr 2015 12:15:18 -0400

Itbs a good 20b car b as you get closer you can see that time has taken
its toll on the paint. Chips and scratches and a few dings. Stress cracks in
the hood. Itbs getting to be time.

I definitely wonbt DIY the paint, I know a guy who has a little paint shop
in his backyard, does great work for cheap.

Thanks for the driveshaft info! Got the garage cleaned up yesterday, so time
to tackle this stuff.

-Kevin

From: Doug Braun [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Saturday, April 11, 2015 9:12 PM
To: Kevin Rhodes
Cc: Spitfire Group
Subject: Re: [Spits] Driveshaft removal question, and carb heatshield

MAYBE you can unbolt the front flange from below.  I just looked under my O/D
car.  Access to the flange is not blocked by the transmission mount like on a
non-O/D car, but the gap between the two frame members is pretty small, just
enough room to stick a couple of wrenches up there.

Here in NJ, the salt has finally been washed form the roads, so it is safe to
take my Spit out...

Doug

Since it

[email-masked]