Subject: Re: [Spits] Selling Spit maybe

From: "Quirk" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2014 11:51:44 -0600

Considering the need for engine work that might amount to more than a
cylinder head rebuild, you could probably get at least $5000 for it in
running order.  I would say its value is approaching the $3000 mark with the
outstanding repairs not completed.

Spitman (north of you in Alberta)

Ps: were you born on 03/08/45?

-----Original Message-----
From: Spitfires [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
030845
Sent: Thursday, August 28, 2014 9:28 PM
To: Spitlist
Subject: [Spits] Selling Spit maybe

The info below gives particulars on my 1500, which due to life circumstances
I am seriously considering selling.  I'm looking for feedback about
reasonable asking price. 

 I live in southeastern Washington.  

Car not currently running, needs engine work.  Head is off.  I think the
engine problem is related to a broken oil pump resulting in the two seized
valves on #4.   But that is just a guess since I haven't had the time to
check further.  Loss of #4 resulted in loss of power, the engine was
immediately shut down and the car towed home.

Second owner. Purchase July 1990 at 49k, garaged 90% of time when not
driven.  Seldom driven in winter.  Driven on several long trips, up to 2000
miles, as a daily driver in good weather.  Current mileage: 94k +

Includes: Hard top, soft top, tonneau cover, spare tire cover, 1 set
American mag wheels and 1 set of OEM Wheels and caps, extra (new) front road
springs (replacemnts for current road springs that still function), 1 extra
(new) steering gear (replacement for still functioning current gear), two
used spare differentials, OEM installed luggage rack, misc other bits and
pieces.

A rebuilt 3 rail transmission with J-type OD installed 2003 @ mileage 84317.
The transmission and OD have worked flawlessly. Engine rebuilt just prior to
this with flat top pistons, stainless steel headers and stainless steel
muffler and tail pipe. Weber DGV carburetor.  Electric fuel pump, mechanical
fuel pump still in place.  SS braided brake hoses installed. Rear air shocks
installed. Front and rear steering and suspension has been rebushed with
upgraded bushings (not racing level). Floor panels are solid, have no holes
or serious remaining rust, cleaned up-rust treated-and repainted.  Battery
box replaced.

                                                 

---
This email is free from viruses and malware because avast! Antivirus
protection is active.
http://www.avast.com

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type application/ms-tnef which had a
name of winmail.dat] _______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spitfires/[email-masked]

---
This email is free from viruses and malware because avast! Antivirus protection is active.
http://www.avast.com
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive