Subject: [Spits] 75 spitfire parts question

From: "dave n" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2014 19:23:10 -0500

the black plastic trim pieces at the top of the doors, above the door panesl,
about 3b high and running the length of the door b are these the moss
parts 644-430 door waist rail cover lh, and 644-440 door waist rail cover rh?

Ibm thinking some vinyl glued on would work here pretty well?car is not that
original.

or maybe I should go disco and glue on some shiny, metallic something???
(just kidding)
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: Doug Braun <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2014 20:42:14 -0400

I installed some of those about 10 years ago.  They are OK, but a little
pricey.
At this point, one of them is starting to get a bit wrinkled.

If I had to do it over, I would at least experiment with gluing down some
vinyl material
with the right sort of texture.  You would want something rather
lightweight and
stretchy, with a non-woven backing.

Doug

On Tue, Jul 22, 2014 at 8:23 PM, dave n <[email-masked]> wrote:

> I'm thinking some vinyl glued on would work here pretty well?car is not
> that
> original.

[email-masked]