Subject: Re: [Spits] Brakes

From: Doug Braun <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2014 14:48:47 -0400

Is the "tipping valve" at the rear of the M/C properly put together?
This is open when the pedal is up, to allow the reservoir to communicate
with the cylinder, and
it closes as soon as you press the pedal, so that pressure can build up in
the cylinder.

Normally, a bad seal anywhere will allow fluid to leak out onto the ground
(or your foot!), but
a bad tipping valve will allow the fluid to leak back into the reservoir.

In any case, make sure you check EVERYWHERE for a leak!
Is fluid being used up as you try to use the brakes?

Doug

On Mon, Jun 30, 2014 at 2:32 PM, Dennis Reese <[email-masked]>
wrote:

> Consensus seems to be that I need to continue bleeding.  So I did -- no
> air bubbles,  same result. While I hate the thought of starting over the
> only thing that isn't new is the master. Does that sound reasonable?
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: "Bill Gingerich" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2014 14:00:58 -0500

I'd say try rebuilding the master cylinder.  The kits are cheap, and it's
not a hard job.  

BillG

-----Original Message-----
From: Spitfires [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
Dennis Reese
Sent: Monday, June 30, 2014 1:33 PM
To: 'Spitfire Group'
Subject: [Spits] Brakes

Consensus seems to be that I need to continue bleeding.  So I did -- no air
bubbles,  same result. While I hate the thought of starting over the only
thing that isn't new is the master. Does that sound reasonable? 
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]