Subject: Re: [Spits] removing oil pan

From: "Dave" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2013 15:01:29 -0500

well, I pulled the pan, cleaned it, painted it, put in a new gasket, and 
reinstalled.  oil is indeed coming out the dip stick tube.  all that work 
may have been for nought!

can I relieve that oil pressure somwhere/somehow?

I replaced the filter and added 5 qts of oil - was that too much? 
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: Doug Braun <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2013 17:21:22 -0400

How much gas is coming out of the dipstick tube?
Try putting a rubber glove or balloon over the tube and see if there is
enough gas to inflate it.
Also, if you remove the oil filler cap (thus providing another place for
gas to exit), does oil
stop coming out of the dipstick tube?

Doug

On Tue, Sep 10, 2013 at 4:01 PM, Dave <[email-masked]> wrote:

> ______________________________**_________________
>
> [email-masked]
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.**html<http://www.team.net/donate.html>
> Suggested annual donation  $11.47
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/**
> options/spitfires/doug@**dougbraun.com<http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spitfires/[email-masked]>

[email-masked]

---

From: Michael Altomare <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2013 17:22:23 -0400

When this happened to me on my  '77 with the 32/36 DGV Weber, I made a
blanking plate for the mechanical fuel pump (I was running an electric fuel
pump with a pressure regulator) and added a threaded hose fitting and a hose
with a PCV and connected it to the intake manifold. At first I ran it to the
carb, but that got the carb too dirty. It ran great when I went to the
manifold.

Michael
from my iPhone 5

> well, I pulled the pan, cleaned it, painted it, put in a new gasket, and
reinstalled.  oil is indeed coming out the dip stick tube.  all that work may
have been for nought!
>
> [email-masked]
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spitfires/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]