Subject: [Spits] Braided Stainless Steel Brake Lines

From: "Daniel Parrott" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2013 18:13:52 -0400

Has anyone ever replace the nickel brake lines (from the PDWA) and the
clutch line from the clutch master cylinder with stainless steel braided
brake hoses?  If so, what are the upsides/downsides?

Dan Parrott

Savannah, Georgia

1980 Triumph Spitfire "PJ", AKA "Rat"

1973/1978 Spit Six "Joseph"

1957 Chevy Belair "Mayflower"
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: "Kevin Rhodes" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2013 18:24:07 -0400

My car has braided stainless brake lines all around, has since I bought it
18 years ago. No problems yet! Plus is a firm pedal and they seem to last a
very long time compared to the rubber ones. Though at 18+, I probably should
think about replacing them just because. My car has a solid line from the
clutch master to the slave, as has every Spitfire I have played with - yours
doesn't? Just regular brake line with a couple of loops in it to take up the
movement when the engine is rocking around.

Kevin in Maine
Freddie the Spitfire

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Daniel Parrott
Sent: Thursday, June 06, 2013 6:14 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Spits] Braided Stainless Steel Brake Lines

Dan Parrott

Savannah, Georgia

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spitfires/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]