Subject: [Spits] Windshield surround trim

From: Doug Braun <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 May 2013 09:54:14 -0400

Hello,

Has anybody ever successfully re-installed the stainless steel windshield
trim over a new rubber seal?  I have the workshop manual, which shows a
special tool that should be used, but its description of the actual process
is extremely vague.

Thanks,
Doug
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 May 2013 11:07:48 -0400

Yes, I have (quit a few years ago) and I have the original stainless, not
the plastic trim, but even with the tool which I made as per the dimensions
in the workshop manual, it's still extremely difficult to install!
My hats of to the line workers who had to install them -

**************original message********************
Subject: [Spits] Windshield surround trim

Hello,

--------------------------------------------------------------------
mail2web - Check your email from the web at
http://link.mail2web.com/mail2web
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

---

From: Doug Braun <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 May 2013 11:52:44 -0400

Thanks for the pointer.  His approach had never occurred to me.

Doug

On Fri, May 24, 2013 at 10:46 AM, Daniel Parrott
<[email-masked]>wrote:

> Have you tried Paul Tegler's web page?
>
> http://www.teglerizer.com/triumphstuff/75w_sstrim.htm
> On May 24, 2013 9:54 AM, "Doug Braun" <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
>> Suggested annual donation  $11.47
>> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
>> Unsubscribe/Manage <http://www.team.net/forumsUnsubscribe/Manage>:
>> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spitfires/[email-masked]

[email-masked]