Subject: [Spits] Oil pan drain bolt

From: "Quirk" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 9 Mar 2013 19:49:18 -0700

Anyone know the thread size (diameter) and pitch of the oil pan drain bolt
for a 1980 Spitfire?  Car is in storage and I was thinking of getting a
Fumoto valve to install if spring ever comes.

Many thanks ....Larry Qu.
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: "Bill Gingerich" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2013 09:48:28 -0500

Larry,

I don't know if you got an answer to your question, so I thought I'd throw
my $.02 in.  I believe it is a pipe thread.  It does have a taper to it like
a pipe thread.  My '74 Spit is in storage, so I can't measure mine, but it
is either a 1/4" or a 3/8".  According to this Wiki site, the 1/4" is .518"
in diameter.  The 3/8" thread is .656" in diameter.  My memory says the plug
is about 1/2" in diameter, so I'm thinking a 1/4" pipe thread is what is
there.  The website is
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_standard_pipe_thread if you want to
read more.

Hope that helps.

BillG
'74 Spitfire

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Quirk
Sent: Saturday, March 09, 2013 8:49 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Spits] Oil pan drain bolt

[email-masked]