Subject: [Spits] Rear GT6+ steel brake line needed

From: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2013 15:39:47 -0500

I'm looking for the steel brake lines, specifically for the GT6+ (for those
who need numbers, 309710 and 11), that run from the rear flex hose to the
slave cylinder.  For those of you in the know,they are bent like a pretzel
to clear the upright, Rotoflex etc.
As many of the parts specific to the GT6+ are made of unobtainium, as these
appear to be, I was wondering if possibly the TR6 rear lines could be used.
If the length is right I could bend them to suit my application.
What I need is a line that is 13 and 1/2 inches long (measured straight),
with a long male 3/8 flare fitting at one end, to mate with the slave
cylinder, and a 3/8ths female flare nut, to mate with the flex hose at the
other.
It appears that the TR6 uses something similar at the rear but I do not
have on hand any to measure it.
I "could" probably flare my own, but I would rather have them already done
as bending the line would be relatively easy - and I hate to order one just
to find out it won't work -
Anybody have a TR6 rear one the bench, or in their spare parts box that
they could measure?

Barry -

--------------------------------------------------------------------
mail2web.com  Enhanced email for the mobile individual based on Microsoft.
Exchange - http://link.mail2web.com/Personal/EnhancedEmail
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: "Don Boyd" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2013 12:05:15 -0800

This line is easily made if you have the right equipment. Use "cunifer"
(copper/nickel) line, and it will never rust , and is much easier to work than
the steel stuff. Don't use stainless. It's too hard to work, flare , and it's
brittle. Don't use an old steel line.   There is a reason Volvo, BMW, and
Porsche all use cunifer. If you know exactly what you need, I can make it up
for you. I have some of the various brit fittings, the hydraulic presses for
the flares, and new cunifer line. It will cost about $20. Sorry, this is how I
make a living, so......  You could harvest cunifer line off of a wrecked Volvo
and use your ends. They have used it since at least 1977. (I'm a Volvo/BMW
mechanic) E-mail me privately if you want to pursue.

Don Boyd
Mechanical Services
5034 Mutiny Bay Rd.
Freeland WA. 98249

[email-masked]