Subject: Re: [Spits] Pop Rivets

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2012 18:51:51 +0000 (UTC)

Use stainless steel pop rivets. They are sold alongside the aluminum ones at
most stores. If the holes are questionable use the washers in the same section
to back up the rivets. You just put in the rivet as usual. then reach around
to the other side to put on the washer before you set the rivet. To rivet the
snaps you may have to have the nose of the rivet tool turned down to fit
inside the snap. Otherwise it wont be tight.

Tod Jones

Harrisonburg VA.

67 Spit-6

----- Original Message -----

From: "Doug Braun" <[email-masked]>
To: "Spitfire Group" <[email-masked]>
Sent: Sunday, October 28, 2012 9:43:10 PM
Subject: [Spits] Pop Rivets

I need to re-install all those things that are pop-riveted in place, like
the top snaps and the trim
across the top of the windshield frame. B Is there a particular type of
pop-rivet I ought to use?
The parts vendors sell them, but I am wondering: B are they selling
authentic British pop-rivets,
or just the same generic ones I could get at Hope Depot?

BTW, here's the car: B http://dougbraun.com/blog/sptifire/

Thanks again,

Doug
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spitfires/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive