Subject: Re: [Spits] Clutch is slipping

From: "Joe Curry" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2012 13:45:06 -0700

I've always used the Borg and Beck clutch kits and have never had an
instant's problems wit them.

Joe

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Jim Dwyer
Sent: Friday, October 26, 2012 1:26 PM
To: Spitfire list
Subject: [Spits] Clutch is slipping

My clutch is starting to slip on my 76 Spit and probably needs replacing.

This winter I am planning on taking the tranny out through the interior and
I
will also replace the three U joints in the rear end, get the flywheel
resurfaced, and replace the fluids in the tranny and rear end while I am at
it.

The only parts I have so far are the U joints and the rubber tranny mounts.
I
may need to install a new carpet set as well if the old one does not come
out
in one piece.

Any suggestions on parts that work well or other things that I should do or
check while everything is apart would be appreciated.

Any tips or tricks that I should know would be great as well.

Thanks

Jim
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spitfires/[email-masked]
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: "Mack, Michael (Rochester)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2012 20:59:16 +0000

I replaced the clutch with a Borg and Beck this past Spring in my 79 Spit.
I've put 2k miles on it without any issues.  Gets my vote.

Mike Mack
79 Spitfire
73 Stag
80 TR8
76 TR7

[email-masked]